[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 3.13 MB, 4032x3024, mexigrillout.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18212052 No.18212052 [Reply] [Original]

List out your favorite marinades and what you like to use them for. I really like making al pastor with slices pork shoulder

>sazon achiote packet
>orange juice
>pineapple juice
>paprika
>garlic
>cilantro
>salt
>black pepper
>cumin
>cinamon
>sliced limes and pineapple rings
>chipotle and/or chili powder

Marinate sliced pork for several hours, then layer onto a spit, then throw it on the grill. Super easy and beats most taco places out near me, mexican grillout pic rel. I just love marinades and how they soak flavor right into the meat.

>> No.18212105 [DELETED] 

>>18212052
Meat looks good OP. Looks like the bottom of the skewers got more char than the top, not a good look. As for the topic in question, marinades don't actually flavor meat so it's actually quite a waste of time and money to be using marinades. Try brining

>> No.18212121

Seek help. This is nothing worth throwing a tantrum over.

>> No.18212141

>>18212121
What are you talking about? Sir this is a marinade thread, I'm sorry if you have nothing to contribute, but no reason to get upset. Please calm down.

>> No.18212145

Marinades were invented to preserve freshly bought meat for a few days longer before there were any fridges, so that's what I use them for.

I usually start my marinades mid-week for end-of-week meals. White meat, white fish, citrussy herbs and spices (ginger) go together along with white wine or beer. Red meat, red wine, brown beer greasy/smoked fish work too.

>> No.18212160

>>18212145
fun and functional, I like your style anon.

Actually it's kind of wild I never use marinades out of necessity, but I total could. If I don't feel like cooking something today, just put it in a marinade and cook it later. I feel retarded.

>> No.18212838
File: 211 KB, 1200x1800, Chops.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Most frequently used marinade in my house is just soy sauce, honey, apple cider vinegar and garlic. Makes some great pork chops.