[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 277 KB, 752x1048, DANA_Rum-0.5L-s-selekcijo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18077034 No.18077034 [Reply] [Original]

>This guy slaps your girlfriend. What would you do?
(1/2)Disgusting, utter shit of a drink. How can anyone drink Rum?? This is cooking because drinks get posted here often and Rum is used for cooking and is main part of diet of the Alcoholics (subset of Homo Sapiens, ingests food in liquid form)

>be me
>Stop drinking whiskey because I can get a good armagnac/cognac/brandy for the price which is a far nobler drink imo (nobler by amount of healthy compounds like antioxidants, flavonoids and tannins)
>Search for some cheap alternatives for when getting hammered (need something that is shelf stable, so wine is out of the window)
>Think of trying rum, breety cheap. Order a shot of picrel (based label for 2022) with some mixer (sprite alternative)
>Take the first sip. Jesus....I somehow have forgotten how shitty rum and coke is ...The most nastiest compounds known to man start flowing on my tongue, such flavourful compounds like aldehydes, ketones and paint thinning oils. JW Red sounds like water compared to this.
>Thinking of spitting but convinced myself it gets better the more I sip (lies)
>Couple hours pass, go to walk the dogs (am a male, relax).
>Walk half a mile, when suddenly my stomach starts to commit harakiri. Stomach turning on its head, I start walking like a pregnant woman holding her belly
>Turn back, when home go to bed.
>Feels like the first time I got drunk, stomachache just without me and my bed rotating in circles aka all ache no fun.
>Cant fall asleep cause shitty life choice (ordering rum)

>> No.18077040
File: 326 KB, 1360x765, 5-19.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18077034
(2/2)How do people even drink this shit? If I was a 17th century sailor and all they have would be this shit watered down with some lime, I would rather drink sea water and die. This is horrendous, the worst thing ever. Why not drink Smirnoff its not that much more and atleast your vodka mixer tastes just like mixer. Vodka is atleast tripple distilled and triple filtered (Smirnoff, no relations although I do own some stocks).Rum on the other hand is single distilled pure sugar wash, not filtered, thats then masquaraded with more added sugar and optional molasses. TLDR; Pure agony. Rum is the king of trash drinks, sure you have your Estados Grande De Mi Padre a Tu Madre 24 Anejos, that costs more than a good bottle of cognac. The only way I can see rum being drunk is if its a wealthy person who decides to have some expensive rum because he only drinks expensive things and hides the taste with 4 different types of liquor. What do /ck/ers drink their rum with and how much it costs? Did you ever try it sprite?

>> No.18077084

>>18077040
Keep a bottle of rum near you and take a swallow when something annoys or upsets you. Acrid taste aside it becomes your way out

>> No.18077092

>>18077084
Yeah thats a no from me pal

>> No.18077207
File: 68 KB, 800x800, mount-gay-eclipse-446332.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18077034
for me is Mount Gay

>> No.18077236

>>18077034
Good way to get drunk, I drink cheap local rum with coke. I enjoy a 1:2 ratio, other people generally pefer a lighter ratio, 1:3 or higher.

I also enjoy a good mid price rum once in a while, usually drink it mixed with something, I like many spirits neat but rum is not one of them.

>> No.18077249

>>18077034
you bought slovenian rum, bro, do you by chance have to wear a helmet when you go outside?

>> No.18077774
File: 26 KB, 400x400, karampampuli.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18077236
I rather drink vodka or Jim Beam cola )in the instance I prefer something sweet)... My go to was JW Black or Red if they didn't carry it. They both sip like water in comparison
>>18077249
Well tough guy maybe it's cause I'm Slovenian