[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 29 KB, 600x600, Primo_Oval.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17988628 No.17988628 [Reply] [Original]

I wanna buy a grill for cooking pretty much everything, especially steaks and big cuts (ribs, whole chicken etc) and I would prefer it being also a smoker, at least able to smoke.

I heard pellet grills are not worth it, is that true? That's why I'm thinking about charcoal grill.

Is Primo Oval a good pick? I'm heading towards it because it has many useful stuff like a plank so you can put charchoal in one side so you can grill steaks medium rare (indirect heat) or just big fat stuff, or a plank you can cover the charchoal for smoking, etc..
It is also available here easily in Europe.

Is there anything better for the money? I'm willing to spend up to 2.5k euros more or less but not much much higher than that.

help

>> No.17988640
File: 26 KB, 380x349, 30 year old boomer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

son all you need is a traeger

>> No.17989293

I have a Kamado Joe smoker / grill and its great but I also have a propane grill and I use that more from grilling regular stuff like Burgers and brats.

The smoker is used for doing BBQ stuff like Pulled Pork, Brisket, Ribs, chicken or turkeys.

I dont grill on the smoker even tho I can because its a hassle to wait for it to heat up when you can use the propane grill which is much faster. But if I was gonna grill a special steak I would probably spend the time to heat up the smoker grill.