[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 81 KB, 960x960, b73.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17768778 No.17768778 [Reply] [Original]

anons with acid reflux (and other related conditions), what do you eat when it comes to carbs? I'm at my limit here, it seems that grains fuck my stomach up big time, but they are the most convenient carb source. rice gives me intense heartburn, oats make me shit uncontrollably, most wheat / rye foods give me nasty side effects of varying degree. I stick to instant noodles simply because they're the only thing that doesn't screw me up somehow, I guess because they're deep fried. potatoes seem to be fine but they're literally the only "safe" thing I can rely on. any suggestions? (ideally for cheap and convenient foods)

>> No.17768790

>>17768778
Dude there's like a thousand different things you can make with just potatoes. Also, just give up all grains until you figure out wtf is wrong with you. I had to do this with dairy and nightshades, but I found out it was the nightshades that fucked with me most, so I just avoid those now but eat everything else pretty much.

>> No.17769953

I had acid reflux years ago, I had to eat bland food for 3 months, but it worked. I still have trouble with raw onion and acidic food, sriracha sauce is a no. I was ok with rice, potato and white bread. Pasta with sauce, oranges, onions, peppers and anything with garlic in triggered it. I have recovered but I can’t eat raw onions and traditional Italian lemonade is a killer.

>> No.17770113

>>17768778
dunno about you but my problem goes away when i don't drink booze everyday

>> No.17770139
File: 37 KB, 657x527, apucoffee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17768778
> I stick to instant noodles simply because they're the only thing that doesn't screw me up somehow,
You're not crazy FYI.
it's always been the same for me where instant noodles are super-easy on the GI tract.
Speaking as a 35 year old Ulcerative Colitis having guy.
Part of it is that it's the epitome of the "low residue" / "low fiber" diet. Despite most people thinking fiber == "good for you" it's really pretty bad if you have intestinal problems. Also I find that high salt level foods tend to sit better, possibly because high salt kills most microbes.

>> No.17770154

>>17770139
>Despite most people thinking fiber == "good for you" it's really pretty bad if you have intestinal problems.
yes, sadly I noticed that too, even made a thread about it some time ago. high fiber correlates a lot with high FODMAP, alas.

>> No.17771550

Bro just take Prilosec. I've had wicked awful reflux since I was a teenager, tried everything with my diet, even the blandest foods gave me seriously awful heartburn and made me throw up or just have a constant taste of bile in my mouth. Even if I ate nothing, it was like this. Couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything. Started Prilosec when I was 19, 30 now and haven't looked back, as long as I remember to take one every morning, I can eat whatever the fuck I feel like and be fine. If I forget, then right around noon is when I start having the same awful symptoms as before I started taking it.