[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 65 KB, 371x372, 1516579954621.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17745744 No.17745744 [Reply] [Original]

Whats the worst food sickness or poisoning you got from eating something?

>> No.17745759

it wasn't food poisoning but bubble fish sushi is full of indigestible fat which I was unaware of before buying and eating a bunch. It lead to a lot of questions about why my jorts were leaking oil and what did I step in.

>> No.17745767
File: 85 KB, 500x785, bowlingn alone.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>chick i used to work with at LJS messaged me on AIM and asked me out to go bowling and come back to her mom's place for dinner
>said she would flash me if i bet her a bowling
>threw a gutter ball on my last ball and she won
>got to mom's place
>her mom was cooking meatloaf in the microwave
>drove back to college several hours later
>got to my dorm and immediately started puking
>sick as a dog for a week

>> No.17745813

I have never had food poisoning except for the first time I had McDonald's and even then, I think I caught something on a flight I was just on. Only ate at McDo cuz it was the first thing I saw when I got off the plane and I was hungry as fuck. Spent the whole night spewing. Quite unpleasant. Put me off McDonald's for nearly a decade before I tried it for a second time.

>> No.17745850

Had a burrito from a Mexican restaurant and it gave me really bad diarrhea for a few hours

>> No.17745887
File: 78 KB, 693x693, 1650504384731.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its honestly incredible how Chipotle stays in business after years and years of horrible food violations and sickness, many of which affected me or my family at one point. I assume they just settle out of court behind the scenes whenever another scandal occurs.

>> No.17745915

>>17745744
I got botulism for 4 days once. It fit all the symptoms. Mainly I felt incredibly weak all the time, with muscle fatigue and a high fever.
This was back before the current plague.

>> No.17745934

>>17745915
how was the hospital trip

>> No.17745958

>>17745759
>a lot of questions about why my jorts were leaking oil
uhh bro....
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2283880/Fish-mislabeling-widespread-U-S-84-white-tuna-species-causes-distressing-gastrointestinal-effects.html

>> No.17745961

>>17745958
>dailymail

>> No.17745978

>>17745958
yeah, I mean that's what I was talking about. It's "butterfish" not bubble fish so that was incorrect but the article is wrong about it being diarrhea. it is steatorrhea which is just oil infused with suspended shit as opposed to watery discharge.

>> No.17746019
File: 18 KB, 400x400, RR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Eat one of their burgers and some steak fries
>Feel nothing but nausea and sickness all day
>The most foul smelling shits possible come out

>> No.17746023

Food illness only once in my life. Worked at a very nice Afghan restaurant, kitchen staff all Central Americans. One day for a snack they tossed some kinda unripe mangos in a chili and pepper flake mixture. I ate a couple slices. Went to the ER 48 hours later because of constant watery shitting and vomiting that I couldn't get under control.

>> No.17746031

i puked one night and had the squirting shits for 4 days from eating taco bell, and also from making a pizza once with the premade pizza dough from kroger

>> No.17746066

I hope nobody in this thread was hit by the Lucky Charms situation going on right now cause i know someone that was and its horrid

>> No.17746089

>>17745744
I got sent to hell by eating a piece of pizza I left out all night at a friend's house. I had to drive 30min back to my house while pulling over every couple miles to vomit. I felt so sick I was unable to function for 2 whole days.

>> No.17746097

>>17745744
Had e. coli poisoning from filipino catering at a wedding along with about a dozen other people...only found out because two of them were hospitalized and tested. The culprit was pork that was allowed to get cool and reheated, that hardly anyone ate because most of the guests were vegetarian- but the servers cross contaminated some vegetarian pancit with a serving spoon and didn't bother keeping that dish out of the danger zone since it was vegetarian. First three days were excruciating cramps, vomiting, delirious with fever and barely able to make it the toilet when that end exploded. Took about 8 days until we could stomach anything besides saltiness and 7 Up and the weakness wad still there after two weeks. Only worse GI pain I've ever experienced was gallstones that ended with surgery, and it wad only worse because unlike food poisoning cramps that come in waves, gallstone attack just goes to maximum cramp level and stays there for hours.

>> No.17746116
File: 127 KB, 1000x1000, 38187.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17745744

I have a huge soda problem, and used to drink gallons of Pepsi as a teenager.

One day after drinking 20oz like I usually did, I ended up with the worst shits ive ever had. Painful cramps, was on the shitter for like 2 hours, and of course foul smelling. I dont know if it was the Pepsi, or what I ate before I drank the Pepsi, but I realized I always had bad shits after I ate something and drank Pepsi with it.

Anyways, that last time was so bad I haven't drank a Pepsi since. I still drink a lot of soda in general though, and I wish I could stop for good.

>> No.17746122

>>17746097
Serves you vegetarians right

>> No.17746161
File: 72 KB, 543x960, vomit dog.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I dont remember what caused it, but the last time I had food poisoning was the worst. Puked a couple times but the bad thing was I didnt have enough strength to get out of bed, and I was in so much pain I couldnt even sleep or focus on anything to distract me. It was just an entire day of agony.

>> No.17746164

>>17746023
Green mangos have urushiol in the skin, my mom made a recipe for mock apple pie from green mangos when we lived in Panama and had a terrible contact dermatitis reaction on her hands from prepping them and all over her lips and mouth from eating it. Cashew hulls have it too and when they aren't processed right the nuts can get contaminated and do the same...some people aren't sensitive too it at all but some are and it can even cause anaphylaxis so be careful, you might be chemically hypersensitive (allergic) rather than having had typical food poisoning

>> No.17746179

Puerto Penasco, 2014
Had some of the local ceviche
Didn't shit solid for a week

>> No.17746236
File: 63 KB, 657x527, 1592103849059.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When I first moved out on my own the extent of my culinary skill was being able to microwave a hot pocket. I was completely and utterly helplessly retarded when it came to actually cooking anything, I'd never done much of it because my mom was a housewife and was actually an incredibly good cook, sadly I never took the time to actually pick anything up from her while growing up. Once I got sick of eating reheated frozen shit and moved on to actually attempting to cook food, my main poverty meal was just a simple chicken breast with rice. I would buy one of those huge family packs of like 10lbs of chicken, store them in my freezer, and dig one out to cook every now in then. I also, being a retard, left them uncovered in the same pack I bought them in after I opened them where they'd sit in my freezer for months at a time. One night, after digging a breast it out and thawing out in the microwave, I began to notice a somewhat unpleasant smell. I was starving however and had no other food in the house so I decided to just go ahead and cook it, since once again I am retarded. As you can imagine the smell only got worse as I fried it in a pan, however this did not deter me and I made sure it was beyond overcooked. Finally after cutting it up and putting it over some rice, I took a bite, and it was absolutely rancidly vile. So of course I took a few more bites. I was the sickest I've ever been in my entire life for the next three or four days.

>> No.17746666

>>17745744
I got food poisoning on a multi-day cross-country train ride ages ago. I basically just vomited and slept for three days. It was miserable.

>> No.17747850

>>17746164
Very interesting anon, thank you. Although I had zero issue with my skin, throat, or breathing it's not inconceivable that it could have had a gastric effect.