[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 74 KB, 850x560, template-toj-bee.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17228279 No.17228279 [Reply] [Original]

What are your top 5 optimal summer, winter, and vegetarian meals that you'd always like to cook and why (i.e. black beans and rice, chicken parmesan, beef stroganoff, lamb stew, curry, etc.)?

>> No.17228283

>>17228279
Bean chili.

I dont have any others. But i want to listen in.

>> No.17228411
File: 64 KB, 520x390, 215-15bs_square_image_update.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17228279
I genuinely don't understand the question.

I like to add a handful of picrel to my vegetable soup before I add the vegetables. Just enough to make the soup a little more interesting, but not so much it becomes bean soup.

>> No.17228430

>>17228411

Top 5 favorite dishes to cook in the summer and winter seasons, as well as any 5 that are vegetarian or non-meat.

>> No.17228488
File: 343 KB, 437x739, llthblra.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17228430
I thought maybe that's what you were asking. Hard to rank the individual lists, so this is the best I can do.

summer a.k.a. avoid heating the kitchen
>ghetto muffaletta (best bread roll i can find with packaged deli meats and homemade olive salad)
>ghetto charcuterie board (sociable crackers, cheese, olives, peppers, whatever)
>steak and baked potatoes on the grill
>imitation cuban food: grilled chicken with black beans and rice
>egg salad sandwiches (i make it so it tastes like deviled eggs and then serve it on the fluffiest white bread i can find, usually wonderbread)

winter
>chili, no beans, with saltine crackers
>vegetable soup with ground beef
>chicken and dumplings (flat style dumplings)
>pinto beans with ham hocks served with relish, raw red onion, and jalapeno cornbread muffins
>ghetto ham and cheese paninis/melts on a cheap electric grill
>bonus: salisbury steaks with onion gravy

vegetarian
>hummus
>macaroni and cheese with green peas
>vegetable soup with quesadillas or grilled cheese
>salsa and tortilla chips
>bean and cheese burritos