[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 450 KB, 1142x1197, fat.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17212777 No.17212777[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I want to start a cooking channel on Youtube based on bizarre midwest-America cooking trends

What are some stereotypical "video recipe instruction" trappings that I should avoid?

>> No.17212791

>>17212777
Not being fat. I want to see you breathe heavily from just stirring shit

>> No.17212792

1. Get straight to the point, no one wants to be watching a recipe video and then have to sit through 10 mins of explanation

2. Don't be a fucking snob like Joshua Weissman or babish, no one on a weeknight has time for pretentious umami bullshit

3. State your ingredients before any cooking as well as with their preparations, don't introduce ingredients as you go

4. No supercool lighting, editing, or camera tricks. I see way too many overproduced cooking vids and I'm sick of it.

5. Make something no one has seen before

Now keep in mind I'm very retarded so you decide if you take these points to heart

>> No.17212796

>>17212777
make it in the asian (typical korean) high quality ASMR video style. i think it would be sort of comedic to have that kind of high quality videography for some midwest sloppa.
example https://youtu.be/qSS3X4nFcKc

>> No.17212803

>>17212791
My poo-loo doctor frequently bitches at me for being underweight
>>17212792
>1. Get straight to the point, no one wants to be watching a recipe video and then have to sit through 10 mins of explanation
I have like a 30-45 seonc intro bit explaining how I came upon the recipe but I'll have an annotation to skip it if the viewer wants

2. Don't be a fucking snob like Joshua Weissman or babish, no one on a weeknight has time for pretentious umami bullshit
I'm a midwestern American piece of trash, I've no intention of acting that way

3. State your ingredients before any cooking as well as with their preparations, don't introduce ingredients as you go
Already noted

4. No supercool lighting, editing, or camera tricks. I see way too many overproduced cooking vids and I'm sick of it.
Nope, the footage is all raw minus cuts for time's sake

5. Make something no one has seen before
I can't spoil it now but I assure that my format is unprecedented

Thank you for your input, I legitimately appreciate it

>> No.17212812

>>17212796
I'm not sexually attracted to men so that's not going to happen

>> No.17212813

>>17212803
Good shit ma nignog, what's your channel name so I can see the first vid when it drops?

>> No.17212849

>>17212813
I haven't decided on a proper name as of yet but I'm gonna use this tripcode to announce it on here when it does because I love /ck/. I'll warn you now it's largely comedy-focused, but the food I prepare is all stuff that I legitimately swear by, as retarded as the videos will be I 100% stand by every single thing I make. It'll make properly educated foodies scoff but I've won 3 different cooking competitions with the shit. The first one will be how to make those disgusting-ass pre-made frozen burger patties actually somewhat edible. It all features an overarching storyline involving devils, angels, god and the apocalypse, there's even a game coming out on Steam which is integral to the plot. But even so if you're just interested in the food I'm only doing food stuff that I'm confident in, you can ignore everything else and still produce a tasty meal

>> No.17212855

>>17212777
mostly its just talking for me. do the thing where your hands are visible, demonstrating how you do certain things, but don't talk. just show text instructions

>> No.17212856

>>17212812
Straight people aren't real. Everyone is gay - most people are closeted due to societal expectations/pressure.

>> No.17212866

>>17212856
Dude I don't doubt for a second that every single living person on this planet doesn't have at least SOME sort of subconscious homosexual ticks

>> No.17212887

>>17212866
>unsubscribed.
Ewwww

>> No.17213007

>>17212887
I took a poop once