[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 45 KB, 768x768, Garam-Masala-Diagram.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17153863 No.17153863 [Reply] [Original]

The thread was deleted before I got a chance to post.

>>17153807
I don't know about chicken tikka masala specifically, but I'll tell you my technique for an indian style chicken breast dish.
>Fry onion in oil or ghee (normal butter will burn), until light brown and caramelized
>add garlic and ginger, saute until lightly golden and fragrant.
>Add red chilli flakes and as many different indian spices as you can find (pic related). Add to taste. I never really measure them. Store bought premade garam masala is fine too.
>Risk of burning goes up when you add the spices, deglaze before it burns with whatever liquid you want. I usually go for crushed tomatoes and milk or yogurt.
>Pinch of sugar for taste. Not to the point where the dish tastes sweet. Just brightens it up.
>Add bite sized chunks of chicken breast and let it poach/steam until cooked. I usually sear it in a separate pan or on the grill first. If you plan to sear don't add a bunch of seasoning on the chicken as it will burn; the sauce will flavor the chicken. I always dry brine it with salt only.
>I like to finish with thick chopped red onions and sweet peppers. Add them and cook until they are soft but still a little crunchy.
>garnish with thinly sliced ginger (I like matchsticks) and green herbs of your choice (I like dried fenugreek and fresh coriander).
>Serve with rice or flatbread of your choice.
>Enjoy!

I'm sure I forgot something, but that's the basic technique. Add anything else you like. The only way you can mess this up is if you burn it.

>> No.17153877

>>17153863
>curry recipe
>"add as many different spices as you can find"
You're should at least try

>> No.17153904

>>17153877
Huh? Sorry, but what exactly are your trying to say? I never claimed it was a curry recipe.

>> No.17154082 [DELETED] 
File: 774 KB, 1536x2048, 1639992326251-ck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Someone posted this in a thread earlier. That thread was deleted so I can't ask directly. What is this? It looks delicious.

>> No.17154109

>>17153904
this is 4chan. he doesn't know how to read.

>> No.17154607

>>17153863
Previous OP here, thanks good sir. I will do the needful and make the curry.

>> No.17155393

>>17153863
your not the retard that puts ginger and cloves and chicory and coconut cream in his iced coffee are you?

>> No.17155606

>>17154607
No problem, bro. Glad you could see it. I had the post written up, but when I went to post, the thread was kill. I really wanted to share the technique since I find it so easy and straightforward and there are no strict rules that must be adhered to like with many traditional "named" dishes.

>>17155393
I am not. I don't frequent /ck/ that often. Those aromatics sound like they could work in tea. It seems kind of gross in coffee, like lemon in espresso. I'd try it, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make it. I don't even like coffee that much.