[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.70 MB, 690x380, eating_carrot.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16862627 No.16862627 [Reply] [Original]

anons, i must share with you.
this recipe is sacred.

>1 pound elbow macaroni
>4 ounces parmesan (grated)
>milk until parmesan starts to form balls
>salt to taste
you must understand this is just flavor on flavor.
it's the most unimaginable mac and cheese.
the official name of the recipe is "macaroni and gobs of cheese" or for short "gobs".

you will not find this anywhere, this is a legit old world recipe from the 1990s when bob barker was hosting the price is right and school had a snow day.
it comes from a greek/italian lady.
both her parents were immigrants.
>mother, greece
>father, italy
it's a wondrous dish, anons.
there is no substitute.
i haven't had it in years.
i'm making it this weekend.
i will post pics.

>> No.16864300
File: 308 KB, 2048x1152, 1634737340710.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.16865460

I tried making it, but can't find the udders on my grated parmesan.

>> No.16866563

Chop jalapenos and maybe some other chili, finely, without seeds (unless you like it hotter). Mix with cream cheese and sour cream. Spread on flour tortilla, slightly browned (?). Roll up, refrigerate, and chop to bite-size pieces.

This is from a middle aged lady (origin unknown, caucasian?) I met when I crashed into the last day of a pottery class in a community college in Arizona when all the middle aged ladies brought their best snacks in silent competition for the celebratory pot luck.