[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 767 KB, 1920x2560, 8E50F564-FA93-4C4F-83C7-30B18C5A18CB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16579584 No.16579584 [Reply] [Original]

How do I get better at cooking? All i know is how to make decent scrambled eggs, noodles, and cook rice. Don’t know a lot of recipes.
Also what should I be buying at the grocery store? I want to start prepping my meals so it’s cheaper, healthier, and I don’t have to leave my office.

>> No.16579940

You buy at the grocery store the ingredients needed to cook what you want. Look up recipes and then cook them. Don’t ask questions. Keep learning new recipes and cook them. After a while, you’ll have cooked so many dishes that you’ll have an acquired knowledge and can just put stuff together on your own and make your own recipes. It takes time though. Don’t bother with random cooking tutorials and techniques yet unless you’re at that level. It helps if you hav a family cookbook, because some recipes online are shit.

>> No.16580169

>>16579584
for me, what you got down already is like the hardest shit for me to cook. try making chicken parm. it incorporates allot of cooking bullshit. that will come up with other recipes. repeat until you get it down. if it stinks too much though, try casseroles. if vegan, try ratatouie if its not too gross for you. not the chopped up kind, but the pretty kind

>> No.16580216

if you're a boring basic bitch like me:
meat + (green) vegetable + starch
try and think of 2 combinations per week. (I make ~4 servings of each recipe and have food all week) Bonus points if they overlap ingredients. I usually pick my meat(s) based on whats on sale at the store, or whats the oldest thing in my freezer.
This week's sale was whole chicken and pork chops, so I'm having chinese pork + greenbean + eggplant stirfry (with rice), and then roast chicken with potatoes and kale