[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 8 KB, 509x619, 8e8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.16530628 [Reply] [Original]

I was raised by retarded parents who couldn't turn down my dumb ass child food palette that said no to anything green or different you know how it is, I've grown to be extremely picky because of this and I need help in undoing this shit, I can't eat anything normal people enjoy

>> No.16530664

Grow your own vegetables.
At least, that works for children.
I don't know about an 18+ anon.

>> No.16530682

>>16530628
Your parents can't just force autism out of you, y'know? Just blend the vegetables up and put it in a soup if texture triggers you so much.

>> No.16530685

>>16530682
You know I actually did that for a while and it was decent, except one time I puked from it for an unknown reason and my body has been rejecting it ever since

>> No.16530691

wagie

>> No.16530716

>>16530628
Your parents should not force you to eat anything but what your childish temperament demands. You'll grow up one day and naturally develop an instinct for a healthy diet in the modern world of obesity epidemic.

>> No.16530748

very easy, start eating them

>> No.16530756

>>16530628
What are you okay with eating at the moment? It only really takes about half a dozen tries for people to acquire a taste for an individual thing, but that's probably not a great strategy if you're starting from an extremely restricted diet. Maybe there's something you like that can be adjusted to help get familiar with a wider range of stuff.

>> No.16530776

*palate

>> No.16530781

I knew this rich girl who described anything she didn't like as "too mushy". You would think this only applied to things that were somehow soggy, but no, crunchy items were also "too mushy". Mushy simply meant that she didn't like it.

>> No.16530783

it's simple, just embrace your pickyness. you litterally do not have to change.

however if you do still want to try anyways I recommend eating fruits you like the juices' flavor of, but dislike the texture. for me this was (green) apples. It's not hard to get used to this way.
Then I went to carrots, which I didn't like texture or taste, but grew bareable as it's fairly bland anyways, almost like eating soup potatos.
Pumpkins I hated the taste of and texture, and never grew to like. I'm telling you about pumkins because I want you to realize, you can train yourself to eat a food, and then never actually end up liking it. You want to look for foods you really do like, and reach a point where you no longer need to force yourself to eat foods you hate. Some foods you will always hate so don't bother with those. You want to focus on ones where there's a chance you might genuinely like.

Lastly, combine your ingredients, don't eat them 1 by 1. lettus is ass on it's own, but it gives burgers a nice crunch. it's not ment to be eatten on it's own. And if you drink rum, you know how you can drink a coke to help wash down the awful taste of alchohol? mixing ingredients can be used like that. Combining makes things bareable.

by the way if you've never had mayo before it's amazing, I put it on everything now. I am a picky eater, and yet I eat pepperoni, penutbutter, pickles and mayo sandwiches. See even if my palette is somewhat limited, you can see i'm relatively creative blending the few ingredients I do like in strange ways, which is fun in it's own way.

also french onion soup is super tasty. who would have thought dipping cheesy bread in onion soup could be so good.

>> No.16530792

>>16530783
>you litterally do not have to change.
The mantra of the current era. You are perfect just the way you are. No matter how terrible a person you may happen to be.

>> No.16530804

>>16530792
but it doesn't matter. you can totally get away with being a picky eater. you quite literally do not have tox change

>> No.16530807

>>16530628
>my dumb ass child food palette that said no to anything green or different you know how it is
>you know how it is
no i dont because i dont have autism and my parents werent sniveling cucks who cooked meals based on their childrens shitty preferences.

>> No.16530812

>>16530792
ok kid

>> No.16530829

i will say that to some extent, trying to be less picky has been worth it, because I discovered mayo and french onion soup, and especially apples. Most of the effort for anything else was wasted desu, none of the other foods I trained myself to eat I still eat.

I feel like I could have done this without going so hardcore about it.

>> No.16530843

>>16530829
>I discovered mayo
weak bait

>> No.16530885

it was good to train myself to tolerate new textures, and to combine foods.
and I am now much more willing to at least attempt new foods. (even greens can be tastey when combined with tasty flavors.) This much I WILL recommend to any picky eater out there.

However everything else was a wasted struggle. I do not eat any of the foods I trained myself to eat, other than the ones I genuinely liked.

>> No.16530923
File: 102 KB, 1232x924, 785455.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>16530628
I'm worse than you OP, I'm picky even with things outside of food.

>> No.16531018

>>16530628
Why the fuck do people like you browse /ck/?

>> No.16531377

>>16530628
First, don't blame your parents. Second, literally just eat the food. Cooking will also open your eyes to how to appreciate flavors.

>> No.16531389

>>16530685
>my body has been rejecting
might have been the fiber or dehydration but literally such a lame excuse people literally with primitive brains will use

>> No.16531415

>>16530792
Until you become problematic.

>> No.16531489

I wasn't a picky eater until I suffered brain damage.
I don't like any of the foods that my brain wants to like.

>> No.16531510

>>16530628
based

>> No.16531761

>>16530628
Cooking things yourself helps. I trained myself to be less picky when I left home. Combining things works well; taking a bite of meat with a vegetable you dislike makes it more tolerable. For vegetables, I'd just find a single way I could stand it and branched out from there-- at first I could only do roasted broccoli, for example.

You just have to keep trying. There will always be things you don't like, but you can definitely expand your palette.

>> No.16532155

>>16531018
Guess why this board is flooded with fast food threads.

>> No.16532617

>>16530716
You are supposed to teach your children to eat healthy and also how to cook.

>> No.16532746

>>16530628
Don't you know the saying "hunger is the best spice?", or something to that effect?

Try fasting for 16-24 hours and then try eating something you don't like. You'll appreciate it much more when hungry.

>> No.16532760

don't eat green vegetables that you know you don't like. lima beans, sweet potatoes, edamame, baked zucchini.. there are a lot of vegetables out there that have a good texture and aren't spinach

>> No.16532768

>>16532746
This is the idea, especially try working out. Your body will crave the nutrients

>> No.16532772

>>16532768
Yes, forgot to add that working out would work too, but fasting would be most probably more effective as the prolonged feeling of hunger would make you not give a shit about what you're eating.

>> No.16532899

Go keto
when you flush sugar out of your system, diet and regain natural taste buds things will taste different
You will gain more pleasure hormones from eating foods that you didnt before.

>> No.16532925

Minimal incrementalism. Try new foods that are most similar to comfort/preferred foods and keep pushing yourself to branch out until you're at least familiar with a variety of foods/ingredients in isolation. Then food combining/new combinations won't seem as odd and it just becomes an exponential domino effect where you're willing to try new meals

>> No.16533109

>>16530716
Don't have kids, anon. It's the parents' job to teach a child and not allow it to be a brat. If a child is only allowed to eat trash, then that's what they'll crave as adults. We don't have some magic switch that gets flipped that makes us want to eat better when we get to a certain age. If that was true, there would be no obesity epidemic to begin with.