[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 3 KB, 225x225, UberEats.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16301503 No.16301503 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone 'work for' DoorDash or UberEats, or work in a restaurant that uses these services? Why is it so common for drivers to take like 15 minutes to get to my house when they're 5 minutes away? Why does my food often have issues that go beyond sitting in a box or container or whatever for 15 minutes? I never get fucked up food in person but it's pretty common with UberEats or DoorDash or whatever. Anyone know about this?

>> No.16301510 [DELETED] 

its cuz niggers

>> No.16301516

>>16301510
I live in Australia and there are no niggers. It's always Indians and Asians.

>> No.16301520

it's because they have multiple orders to deliver

>> No.16301546

>>16301516
same reasons

>> No.16302255

>>16301516
What's the difference?

>> No.16302431

>>16301503
Dasher here. I'll break all the shit down for you.
DoorDash is typically a retarded fucking company that gives literally zero shits about literally all parties involved so long as they get their money in the end (which they already have the moment you placed your order even if you cancel).
The literal instant you place your order, both the restaurant and potential Dasher get pinged of the order. If you were a cheapass with the tip (less than $4), or if DoorDash's retarded fucking algorithm chooses the farthest fucking Dasher's from the restaurant to go pick up your order, this makes it take a lot longer for someone to actually arrive at the restaurant.
From there, we have our next time bottleneck: The restaurant itself. Every restaurant has its own policy when handling mobile orders. Some restaurants prioritize mobile orders, some prioritize in-person orders, others may hate Dashers and de-prioritize said orders because of DoorDash and co.'s ridiculous commission rates and the fact that Dasher's are technically "stealing" their tips if it's a traditional restaurant. Alternatively as mentioned earlier, if a Dasher and restaurant both get the order at the same time, the Dasher accepts it, and arrives at the restaurant too early (which happens a lot mind you because again DoorDash is really fucking retarded), they're left with an ultimatum: Wait out the time it takes for them to make your order (they might if it's small enough or you tipped well), or piss off and let some other retard wait it out, which means that the system has to find another Dasher to accept that order.
Then we move on to the next obstacle - Dasher has your order, but 1 of 2 things may have happened:
A) They got a stacked order, and had to finish that, THEN get to your place.
B) Your home is actually difficult to find (apartment complex, no visible housing numbers, etc.)
All of that above shit affects the time it takes for you to get your order. That, and a shit/inexperienced Dasher.

>> No.16302437

>>16302431
And for the tl;dr:
Size of the tip
Size of the order
Time of day
Distance the Dasher is from that restaurant
How easy it is to actually reach your home

All of this shit affects the time it takes for an order to reach you.
Alternatively, just pick up your own damn food unless you don't own a car or some shit, then just make your own meals.

>> No.16302451

>>16302431
>>16302437
tldr go pick up your own food, faggot, or suffer the market

>> No.16303020
File: 2.85 MB, 540x960, Clean_It_Up_Jannies__.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16301503

>> No.16303168

>Why is it so common for drivers to take like 15 minutes to get to my house when they're 5 minutes away?
it takes at least 10 minutes for them to look through your food to see if they can steal any of it without you noticing.

>> No.16303201

>>16302431
I've got another thing to add to this post:
If you order from a chain restaurant, DD may send that order to a store that is across the city instead of the one just down the street. This happens with dunkin donuts a lot. You'll see orders that need to be driven an unnecessary 16 miles away, when they could have been sent to the store that's only 3 miles away. This happens because each store can choose to stop accepting orders from doortrash, but customers over great distances are still allowed to order.

>> No.16303212

I Personally always fuck door dash orders up to hopefully deter people from ordering. It has made my job terrible

>> No.16303259

>>16303201
holy fuck i drove uber eetz for about three weeks in a big city and drove a total of 36 miles to deliver popeyes to some puertorican dude out in the suburbs. took about an hour and a half. i got a real job shortly after but your posts are completely accurate. the worst thing you can possibly do is order fast food from one of these services. i got corralled into a drive thru lane at a taco bell for two fucking hours (curb was like 18" high) only to be told WE OUTTA FOOD when i finally gave my order number for some dude's fuckin burrito and medium drink. also showing up to a restaurant that doesn't exist to pick up an order that cannot be filled. fucking ghost kitchens selling tacos, chineese food, poke, burgers, gyros, curry and poutine out of a storefront called NICO'S FAMOUS CHEESESTEAKS and ID'd on the app as ONA HANA AÇAI BOWLS

>> No.16303450

i knew these services were a scam designed to siphen money from poors and idiots. this thread just confirms it. my heart goes out to all poor dumb bastards that work for these guys

>> No.16303468

>>16302431
Why the fuck would anyone work there?

>> No.16303507

i did ShitDash last year because of the ~pandemic~. Terrible "job", destroys your car while making you go broke paying for gas and oil changes. Hated pretty much every second of it. I still have my gay red bag from it, and am considering going to chipotle with it and take an order from the shelf that nobody even monitors and eat it myself. Literally just walk in looking at your phone and have the bag, take the food, put it in the bag and walk the fuck out. fuck door dash and especially fuck cheap assholes who don't tip. fuck you.

>> No.16303537

>>16303468
Because they either can't get a job anywhere else or do it part time while on unemployment / disability. Students that need flexibility in their schedule, or people that need extra cash as well. I've done it when I had to, but it's fucking annoying and often a complete waste of time.

The worst part is that they make you take pictures of where you placed the order. And running the app kills your battery. So every time you stop you have to unplug your phone, take it out of your car mount, carry a shitload of food, drinks, and your phone to the address. Place it all on the doorstep, then stand there like an idiot navigating the app, and taking a picture of the shit you put on the doorstep. Half the time the motherfuckers send you more orders in the exact part of town you don't want to go to (usually downtown if you're in the suburbs) and you accidentally click accept. Then in order to cancel because you accidentally clicked it you have to go through 4 menus and give them some bullshit reason. They make you read some fucking addendum that states that you're a piece of shit for canceling and your approval rating will go down / they can fire you etc.

Tl;Dr they claim you're an "independent contractor" but have figured out every loophole to fuck you into accepting orders you don't want, 30 plus miles round trip, or going into shithole urban areas that suck to deliver in.

>> No.16303544

>>16301503
I've seen doordash cucks driving around with passengers in their car. I want one of them to get in an accident so their insurance can drop them like a hot rock. I don't think doordash covers passengers while you're delivering, and your insurance won't cover you while you're working unless you have a special policy. I don't think it covers both food delivery and passengers.

>> No.16303569

>>16303544
You obviously have no idea what an independent contractor is. They have no control over who you have in your own personal vehicle. You're self employed. They already bend every other rule they can in order to keep you as self employed contractors. Every door dash driver, uber driver, etc should be an actual employee based on all the bullshit rules and policies they try to enforce, but we will never see that happen because the government wants everyone to be a gig worker wageslave to giant monopolies that owns nothing.

>> No.16303609

>>16303569
your insurance must cover the passenger as well as you working for doordash. I know you're a POS and you'd just lie about it

>> No.16303639

>>16303609
Doordash insurance covers you. If you got in an accident you could sue the living fuck out of them if they try to deny responsibility.

>> No.16303645

>>16303639
does doordash insurance cover passengers?

>> No.16303786

>>16302431
I've had my order rejected by 7 dashers in a row and then cancelled by a black woman. It was my fifth time ordering from the same place and the tip was over 4$. I can only imagine that there was an altercation.

>> No.16303898

>>16303786
Because you either ordered from a shit restaurant that only makes the order when the Dasher arrives, the restaurant was really fucking busy at that time and was taking their sweet time making your order, or you lived too far for your order to be worth it. And to add fuel to the fire, DoorDash now plays Deal or no Deal with tips, hiding the true value you tipped to the Dasher as low as $3.50, meaning that Dashers may see your order as $5.50 - $6.50 even though the order may have actually been worth $10 because the company hates it when people sensibly rejects broke niggas and cheapskates.

>> No.16303903

>>16302431
On the other end, if the food is ready before the dasher arrives, they'll just throw the food on a counter in their air-conditioned store for a good 5 minutes.
And, since the average wagie is functionally retarded, they'll make sure that any cold items (slushies, drinks, etc.) are prepared first and can properly melt while they cook the rest.

>> No.16303915

>>16301503
you lazyass

>> No.16303926

>>16301516
>I live in Australia and there are no niggers. It's always Indians and Asians.
This.
Uber Jeetz, I call it.

>> No.16303933

>>16301503
>Why is it so common for drivers to take like 15 minutes to get to my house when they're 5 minutes away?
do you live in an apartment? Or an actual house? Apartments take more time to find

or maybe you’re underestimating their travel time

>> No.16304056

The two worst experiences I had were when I was out of town for conferences and staying at Airbnbs, once in Baltimore and once in Chicago. These were easy to find homes in the suburbs.

One guy basically just fucked around for an hour after the order was ready and then proceeded to just hang out, sitting in the parking lot for another 30 minutes. When I called him he was obviously high as fuck. After him just idling for an hour in the parking lot I just told him to forget it and he got very anxious saying how badly he needed the job. I said it was ok but to please hurry. About 30 minutes later he just canceled the order.

Similarly I had a guy just driving in literal circles around the neighborhood I was staying in, over and over. I called him and he sounded like he was tweaking, said he was working on it. He kept going in circles, just blocks from the Airbnb. After a long time I called again and he just told me to fuck off but didnt cancel the order so I could see him continue to drive in circles for a little longer.

Because the drivers are contractors and not employees, there's really nothing stopping them from just getting fucked up on drugs and stealing your food after jerking you around for forever. I get it's a shitty job, but because it's a shitty job it's mostly staffed by drug addicts and felons.

>> No.16304228

I work for just eat.

Basically they are multiple apping
Working two different shifts for two different companies

>> No.16304242

>>16303898
>Because you either ordered from a shit restaurant
That was my fifth time that month ordering from that restaurant through doordash.
> the restaurant was really fucking busy at that time
I ordered through Uber Eats and the driver got my order to me within the hour. Note, the day this happened to me was the day after some news story got published about people protesting on Doordash by cancelling orders. I don't use Doordash anymore.

>> No.16304268
File: 2.19 MB, 3264x2448, 60679009223__AE878A31-6F9C-47B6-9683-D25B63E063C6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16301503
>>16301510
>>16302431
>>16303168
The first time i ever ordered from doordash last year i ordered a pizza, and the fucking lady had it in her car SIDEWAYS, so when i finally got the pizza it was tipped to one side

>> No.16304288

>tipping before getting your food
this is counterproductive

>> No.16304340

>>16304242
I simply gave you the common reasons for what happened. You're ignoring the part where a number of factors or things that can go wrong that can make a Dasher drop your order: The restaurant being unable to make an item, the order being perceived as worthless because DoorDash partially hides tips at lower price points, the restaurant being busy as fuck at the time you placed the order, and DoorDash's retarded algorithm picking Dashers far away instead of nearby. Good on you for dropping them though. I insist that you tell people to stop using these delivery apps because they're frankly the same shit in different packaging.

>>16304268
I'm sorry you got a retarded Dasher assigned to your order. For the love of God just pick up your damn order. You'll save $10-15 by doing this.

>>16304288
>don't tip
>people perceive you as a cheap ass and ignore your order en masse
>order gets cold as fuck because it's been sitting for 2+ hours
>person that delivers it probably tampered with it to spite a cheapass
Delivery app drivers are not employees. They're not getting paid by the hour like restaurant drivers do. Your tip isn't a tip, so much as a bid actually get your shit in a timely manner.

>> No.16304375

>>16302431
>tip
Do americans really started tipping before even receiving their orders?

>> No.16304426

>>16304340
that was the only time i used doordash and ive been picking up (or just making my own food) ever since

>> No.16304484

>>16304375
Blame the tip culture for allowing waiters and such to be paid below minimum wage, the companies for not disclosing how drivers actually get paid, and for said apps forcing drivers to rely on tips to even make minimum wage.

>> No.16305496

Yo I just found out something about UberEats
Ever seen the "No couriers nearby" message when you're in the app?
If you answered yes, you probably have the EatsPass
Uber has deprioritized you to instead make higher delivery fees off of non-Pass customers

>> No.16305541

>>16305496
>ubereats app in your phone
It is almost as if you don't want to make it.

>> No.16305558

>>16303259
>also showing up to a restaurant that doesn't exist to pick up an order that cannot be filled. fucking ghost kitchens selling tacos, chineese food, poke, burgers, gyros, curry and poutine out of a storefront called NICO'S FAMOUS CHEESESTEAKS and ID'd on the app as ONA HANA AÇAI BOWLS
Are these illegal or in the very least are they nor supposed to pretend to be multiple restaurants in one location?

>> No.16305568

It must be hellish to work Ubereats but one time I got a delivery from a teenage kid too young to drive and I watched him leave and hop in a car that I think his father was driving. Its actually a good first job and probably a good experience for kids to get their foot in the door for work

>> No.16305619

>>16305541
going through a breakup rn chill ;_;

>> No.16305711

As a lazy faggot who works from home and hates to drive, I love doordash. I even found out the other day that I order so much that I'm evidently a vip. My favorite part of the experience is saying something like "thank you and drive safe" to the college kid delivering just to have their social ineptness respond with "you too!" I also always tip the 20% and because of that they never fuck up my food or take overly long with deliveries.

>> No.16305723

>>16305558
Not illegal and actually a big trend. In my town you can order Chuck cheese which has a bad reputation, or the dressed up Pasquallies pizza which is chucky cheeses ghost kitchen.

>> No.16305731
File: 480 KB, 894x646, 1622490036632.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>have my delivery instructions say to drop food off in front of my apt door
>routinely tip over $6
>if they fail to complete this simple task, change tip to $0
Also
>had to meet a driver
>they reeked of weed
>report them to ubereats
Thanks for coming to my blog

>> No.16305749

>>16305731
You belong in hell

>> No.16305759

>>16305731
based

>> No.16305949

>>16301520
I fail to see how that's my problem

>> No.16306172

We don't really use them that much now that the pandemic is over. At the beginning the drivers were all driving beater cars, looked sketchy, and seemed to not know how to read addresses, or read at all. I reported those ones for every little thing, and after a couple of months they were replaced by much better people. I tip well, and if it looks like the restaurant is being bitch, I'll tip extra in cash when they get here. As a result, I get really good service.

>> No.16306182

>>16306172
My area has all these hot eastern European women. Looks like a human trafficking type thing being exploited between sex gigs.

>> No.16306223

>>16305731
Good thing DoorDash locks in your tip so you can't do this. :^)

>> No.16306226

>>16304268
That looked like a good pizza, too - otherwise

>> No.16306239

>>16305568
Plus it's eye opening to look inside people's doors and seeing how shitty most people live.

>> No.16306253

>>16304484
For every person saying this there is a person who brags about how much money in tips they make at their job

>> No.16306276

>>16306223
Good thing I don't use doordash

>> No.16306283

>>16306253
One lucky faggot working 60+ hours a week in a rich neighborhood that has a high likelihood of tipping well does not equal the entire nation or community. Different areas have different yields because of gratuity, how restaurants handle mobile orders, distances between restaurants and customers, and so on. My area is filled with cheapskates and nigs, which has effectively cut my income in half.

>> No.16306284

>>16301503
Don't like it, get off your ass

>> No.16306299

I work in a convenience store that has Deliveroo. An order comes through, we grab the stuff the customer wants, THEN we accept the order, bag it up, and leave it behind the checkout ready for when the driver turns up. Driver simply walks in, comes straight to checkout, gives us his order number, boom there's your bags, out the door.

Chances are drivers fucking love us because they all know that there's zero waiting time at our place.

>> No.16306303

>>16303903
>slushies, drinks, etc.) are prepared first and can properly melt while they cook the rest.
I had a friend who would always order mountain dew then just put it in the fridge. Even though he already had a case of mountain dew. Is this an OCD thing?

>> No.16306309

>>16306283
Fair enough.

>> No.16306316

>>16306239
Haha, leave the food in the box outside the gate and gtfo.

>> No.16306333

>>16305711
I'm glad you're one of the good ones. Even for me, an infrequent UberEats driver, I have a fair amount of regulars. I like them the most, since there's very little surprises on making the delivery. I can always tell when it's one of them

>> No.16306334

>>16304268
Don't most pizza places still have their own drivers?

>> No.16306351

>>16306334
If a pizza place has too much demand, they'll use a 3rd party app to make up the difference because it's much cheaper for them to do so.
Papa Johns and Chanello's in my area does this.

>> No.16306431

Becauae some resturants take 5 minutes to prepare and package your order and some take 40. Also sometimes traffic if you're in a car but I'm on a bike so that isnt a problem for me
T.doordash wagie

>> No.16306455
File: 384 KB, 1170x1660, 8D4FC8B6-BC0C-4AC7-BF8E-B5BD986420F8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16304375
Yes, and they tip quite well

>> No.16306474

>>16306333
checked, and as a GrubHub driver, I too have a number of regulars. I don’t see them super often, but today I delivered to your house I delivered two last Saturday. I commonly deliver to addresses and apts I’ve delivered before

>> No.16306487
File: 87 KB, 960x926, 1598766686824.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16306455
>$20 tips

>> No.16306489

>>16306333
Oh, the regulars I have I don’t like because they never tip well.

>> No.16306533
File: 100 KB, 1170x923, 96584887-8855-4057-80A8-570DDCDF8E93.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16306487
:)

>> No.16306538

Is it better or worse for the driver if I tip low or nothing in the app and then tip cash when they get there? Or does it get my food dropped on the way to the car?

>> No.16306546

>>16306533
But why

>> No.16306554

>>16306538
Depends on which app you're ordering from.
If DoorDash, it's crucial you tip through the app. DoorDash pays its Dashers like shit, and unless you want your food late as fuck, tip at least $4-5 on it, and the rest in cash if you want, as long as you don't live too far from the restaurant.
To put it in a different way: You think someone's going to deliver your 6 mile meal for $3, or $8?

>> No.16306567

>>16306554
I didn't say I wasn't going to tip at all. I just wanted to know what nets the driver more money? If I tip cash, I know that it doesn't need to get reported to the IRS, and DoorDash doesn't see that income either.

>> No.16306598
File: 280 KB, 1170x1325, 2D0CFBD9-7561-496B-8564-5178F509212E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16306538
Better for the driver, works for you. If you tip nothing then the offer is shown to me, a GrubHub driver, will be very low. And it will be likely to be rejected by many drivers. So your food will take longer to arrive. But GrubHub may pay us a bonus if it gets rejected by too many other drivers. Also, we have to claim the tips we get electronically on taxes but cash tips can be, uh, well, it’s illegal but it’s harder to prove that you didn’t claim them

I have had orders where I got a big bonus, around five bucks, and I got a cash tip of like $10 so sometimes a cash tip is a lot more money.

>> No.16306599

>>16306567
Cash is more money because no taxes, but they don't see cash deliveries beforehand so it may take an hour to get your food.

>> No.16306610

>>16306567
It doesn't matter and you've failed to understand what was just said. If you don't tip on the app, your order will look unappealing and won't get picked up until DoorDash pumps up the value of the order because they're just going to be seeing an order worth $2-3. Even if you mention in the delivery notes that you're going to tip cash, they can't see that note until AFTER they've accepted the order. Cash tips are irrelevant for full-time Dashers since it usually won't even make up 1% of their yearly income.

>> No.16306642

>can't process the order due to heavy demand

PLEASE, IM DRUNK AS SHTI, I CAN'T DRIVE LIKE THIS

>> No.16306649

>>16306642
Just order from GrubHub or UberEats.

>> No.16306742

>>16306642
fuck these guys

Order pizza

>> No.16306751

>>16306649
Neither are available where I live

>>16306742
Only pizza joint open right now doesn't deliver to my place, I live too far. Doordash does it, but I have to pay extra (I don't care though)

>> No.16307425

>>16306751
Reeees that’s bs I’m sorry anon

DoorDash apparently went down this evening so that’s why I made so much money on GrubHub

>> No.16307437

>>16306533
I’m going to samefag my $40 tip to draw attention to it and piss people off

>> No.16307557

>>16306599
lets say i put in $5 tip in the app, then tip them $5 cash and i cancel the tip in the app. is the pajeet driver going to get autisticaly mad as i imagine they would? i feel like these people dont understand

>> No.16307752

>>16307557
Yes I would be annoyed

>> No.16307846

>>16301503
>Anyone 'work for' DoorDash or UberEats, or work in a restaurant that uses these services
No
Because they're always talking talking talking over the phone about some random bullshit that no ordinary person gives a fuck about because they HAVE to tell their pals right away about whatever it is. Can't just wait until they actually, you know, see them face to face.
>Why does my food often have issues that go beyond sitting in a box or container or whatever for 15 minutes?
Just think that some of "These People" who have never had a pizza in their lifetime and think it's okay to deliver it vertically are somehow qualified to be operating 2 ton or heavier pieces of metal running on 4 rubber tires at significant velocities on the same roads that you use. If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

>> No.16307991

>>16301503
They're likely waiting for the food to be made.
I've never had anything delivered, but using pick up it can take 10-30 minutes for burritos to Chinese food. Looks like pick up orders are treated like regular online orders.

>> No.16307993

>>16301516
I live in Poland and it's black guys pretty often.
Considering that they are so few of them here, like 50% or more must work for Uber Eats.
Probably the easiest way to get a job over here if you aren't a Polak. Remaining ~50% are Poles and Ukrainians.

>> No.16308014

>>16306455
>>16306533
How good are your blowjobs?

>> No.16308079

>>16306334
>>16306351
I find it annoying some pizza places don't allow pickup with DoorDash. Even worse when there are three pizza places within walking distance from me.

>> No.16308823

>>16301503
Don't use them after a driver literally drove (I watched it on a map) to a house on the opposite end of town, ate my food and then dropped off the remains at my house an hour later.

>> No.16309029

I don't tip until after, these cucks getting uppity and taking longer cause they don't see a tip need to eat a dick.

>> No.16309035

>>16307993
It’s always Brazilians or Indians in Ireland, but the names they use in the app are always women’s names. Like Lisa or Susan and then this overweight Indian guy shows up.

>> No.16309037

>>16309035
Probably a tax scam, registers both him and his wife to work, and does half the orders under each name. Splitting his taxes between two people to pay a lower rate.

>> No.16309053

>>16309035
Fucking pajeets and mudslimes do it here in the states too. I waited for a Linda one time and a pajeet man showed up

>> No.16309067
File: 296 KB, 500x631, 1623850763310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16309037
>pay a lower rate.

>> No.16309086

>>16302451
I can't drive, so no.

>> No.16309088

>>16304340
I already said there was probably an altercation or protest. I didn't ignore anything.

>> No.16309094

>>16306455
Why should I pay tips when some fucker is getting this much money in tips he doesn't deserve? I'm not here to make you rich.

>> No.16309661

>>16306351
Holy fuck I must have had this happen to me last week.
>order delivery from pizza place
>same order, I do this once a week
>place order like usual
>40 min later
>ayo I'm at your apartment complex how do I get to your building
>tell him it's building X
>he says ok and I hang up
At this point I'm really confused because I've ordered pizza from this place probably 40 times and only had an issue once where I typed in the wrong building number.
>keep waiting
>15 minutes pass
>walk outside to see if he dropped my order at my door
>nope
>go back inside
>wait 10 more minutes
>walk back outside
>see some older black man walking up to the wrong unit with my pizza
>wave and signal the he needs to come over here for the delivery
>you gonna come down over here?
>tell him no the stairs are right here just walk up and you'll be at my door
>watch this dude clearly struggle to walk up the stairs to my door
>hands me my pizza
>guy is clearly drunk, high, or mentally handicapped in some fashion
>tell him thanks and he leaves

>> No.16309713

doordash is ass because they prioritize new drivers and shit customers. I'm not going to take an order for $3 that is going to take up an hour of my time. A new dasher might not realize they can decline offers, so they'll take it. Doordash likes this because customers who dont tip or live extremely far from the restaurant will receive their order, and Doordash wont have to refund or offer credits. For the customer it means you're likely getting a driver who has no fucking idea what their doing.
>>16307846
is describing the exact inexperienced driver that doordash loves. these are the mouthbreathers who will work for sub-minimum wage. while its going to inconvenience you, doordash knows that most customers are fat-asses and will eventually use the service again. if the drivers bad enough they'll get deactivated and another mouthbreather will be there to take his spot. competent drivers are getting driven off the app due to hidden tips and doordash offering peak pay/challenges that bring the mouthbreathers out (which then saturates the market for drivers).
this used to be a decent gig, I actually left my pizza delivery job to do it since I would be more in control of my hours and orders. now its full of people who just shove their phones in restaurant employees faces (which of course means they hate doordash drivers and are going to put doordash orders at their lowest priority) and retards who cant find your address because they cant understand the simple concept of addresses.

>> No.16310024

>>16304056
>One guy basically just fucked around for an hour after the order was ready and then proceeded to just hang out, sitting in the parking lot for another 30 minutes. When I called him he was obviously high as fuck. After him just idling for an hour in the parking lot I just told him to forget it and he got very anxious saying how badly he needed the job. I said it was ok but to please hurry. About 30 minutes later he just canceled the order.
I hate it when those entitled cunt niggers have the fucking audacity to idle in the parking lot after getting your order only for them to fuck around and cancel your order, it has happened to me twice and it seems that drivers do that when they already got their tip, that's why I usually tip them after they arrive with my food and not prior to delivering my order.

>> No.16310061

>>16305541
How is UberEats shittier than Doordash?

>> No.16310067

>>16305723
How the fuck does that work?

>> No.16310074

>>16306182
How the fuck are they allowed to work for them while being illegal aliens?

>> No.16310083

>>16306455
>>16306533
thank god im not american

>> No.16310108

>>16306554
>To put it in a different way: You think someone's going to deliver your 6 mile meal for $3, or $8?
I'm not tipping $8 for that shit, Why are these cunts so fucking entitled?

>> No.16310117

>>16306598
>tipping on cash
>illegal
Do Americans really?

>> No.16310139

>>16309029
>I don't tip until after
This

>> No.16310144
File: 16 KB, 292x257, Forty_keks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16309035
>Like Lisa or Susan and then this overweight Indian guy shows up.

>> No.16310160

>>16303537
> while on unemployment / disability.

So, people who commit fraud touching your food. Nope, I'll drive and get it.

>> No.16310217

>>16301503
>Why is it so common for drivers to take like 15 minutes to get to my house when they're 5 minutes away? Why does my food often have issues that go beyond sitting in a box or container or whatever for 15 minutes? I never get fucked up food in person but it's pretty common with UberEats or DoorDash or whatever. Anyone know about this?

When they arrive to the food location it's not always ready right away. they have to back to their cars and do some shit on the app, set in your gps location, secure your food in the bag, wait in traffic, so this explains the extra 10 minutes. It's possible the restraunt gave you a wrong bag. it's possible their menu is out of date and gave you a completely different item then what was sponsored. It's possible they fucked your food up in the kitchen. A uber eats driver is not a food handler and cannot inspect your food by themselves, and these apps usually require the place to seal up the food so you receive it sealed. One app I worked for didn't require places to seal up the food so I do a simple opening of the box to make sure your food looks mostly correct.

>t. worked food delivery for a couple years

>> No.16310242

>>16310108
>>To put it in a different way: You think someone's going to deliver your 6 mile meal for $3, or $8?
>I'm not tipping $8 for that shit, Why are these cunts so fucking entitled?

as a driver and working out gas and labor, the minimum tip from a buyer should be $4-$5, and the commission from the company should be at least $2. otherwise you are left demoralized and pissed off. that's why you see angry drivers in youtube videos talking shit to the customers. I don't even care if the money comes from the customer, but the bare minimum for each order should be at least $7+, otherwise it's simply not worth it.

you drive various miles to different locations and you wait various undetermined amount of times for the food to be prepared, getting lost in apartments, vehicle wear and tear, risk of traffic tickets because you want to quickly deliver shit and get things over with. etc

>> No.16310284

>>16310139
>>I don't tip until after

You would say the opposite if you had to drive for these shitty apps every day. Some apps don't even show you the tip upfront. So you could drive 18 miles total and receive a 2 dollar tip. Then question yourself why you even work for the app. But in the end it's about the average tip amount. The big tippers end up carrying the apps because they round your average pay to something reasonable. The low tippers end up winning in the end, but this shows these apps are badly designed, and the commission payment from the company needs to be higher (customers need to be forced to tip through fees).

>> No.16310326

>>16310284
Its very similar to how restraunts operate. The lowball tippers win in the end, and the high tippers carry the servers. But there's a stark difference to waitressing and driving for an app. When you're a driver, you're exposing yourself to vehicle incidents, traffic citations, gas costs, etc. All a waiter does is walk around and look pretty.

>> No.16310613

>>16309094
I deserve every penny.
>>16308014
Usually pretty good depending on how enthusiastic she is

>> No.16310646
File: 58 KB, 500x313, 8eb5a00294aaad2b4abc8090e9976e7a155c9f57.gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16310108
Because that driver is paid like shit in the first place. DoorDash only pays $2-3 per delivery, and deliveries on average take 20-25 minutes to complete from start to finish without factoring in the time it takes to return to a hotspot. They're not compensated for literally anything, and have to pay for their own fuel while rapidly wearing down their car. Meaning that to make more than a McD's employee, they have to complete 2+ deliveries worth $7+ when their area is likely shit and full of ignorant motherfuckers or cheapskates who think they can get something for nothing. You're bitching about a whopping $4-5 tip when the reality is that you're hiring someone to drive whatever distance to a restaurant, wait for your order to get made, make sure everything is correct and isn't missing, contact you if anything went wrong with your order or directions, and then beeline to wherever you told them and hand over or drop-off your order to your specifications and in pristine condition. You aren't tipping a driver, you're paying dirt cheap for your own personal servant.

>> No.16310666

I tried doordash for the first time last week and it was un fucking BELIEVABLY expensive.

>> No.16310690

>>16310666
We know. They're a middleman leech.
That $8 burger? $11 on the app.
That $7 fee? Only $3 goes to the driver.
30% of the cost of that order goes to DoorDash.
Want to actually see your order on time? Better "tip" $5 or I hope you like cold food showing up an hour later.

>> No.16310714

>>16310690
I legit spent almost $50 on breakfast/lunch worth of food for me and my kid. Maybe it's a good service if you're bedridden or something but I won't be using it again.

>> No.16310756

>>16310646
Everyone knows that. Still ain't tipping you poor fuck.

>> No.16310768

>>16310714
Fat fuck

>> No.16310769

>>16310160
No. You can work a certain amount on unemployment and disability before you lose your benefits. For unemployment its up to the amount you get weekly, for disability I believe it's 1200 dollars. Disability does not count against medicaid, so again, you can work usually up to 1200 dollars before you lose your medicaid or food benefits.

If I were to go on disability, which I might have to because I'm legally disabled, I could still work part time and net around 2400 a month with 150 in food benefits and medicaid. This would be feasible as my bills total around 800 per month. If I weren't to work, I would only get 1200 per month which would leave me with 100 per week for living.

>> No.16310778

>>16310768
The point is, it was a normal amount of food that cost as much as an eating contest, retard. Die in a fucking fire before you ever speak to me again.

>> No.16310782

>>16310756
I made my mom sign up for the app just to show her the bullshit it is and she agreed, she begun to hate low tippers and despise customers. But this is just corporate trickery that is designed to pin drivers against customers, instead of pointing your finger at the real enemy which is the app creator who allowed these shenanigans in the first place.

>> No.16310791

>>16310756
Then enjoy waiting an hour to get your cold food then. We can tell when you've tipped or not anyway.

>> No.16310964
File: 494 KB, 770x483, 95116_crying-man-crop-.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Worked for doordash and while the intense financial anal fucking that happens to every party involved(except DD) is maddening it DOESN'T EVEN COMPARE TO NOT GETTTING THE FUCKING CODE TO THE APARTMENT COMPLEX! FUUUUCK I CAN"T GET IN MOTHERFUCKER AND THEN YOUR GUNNA REPORT MY ASS FOR LEAVING THE IT AT THE GATE FUCK I DID MY BEST FUCK I DID MY BEST FUCK I DID MY BEST

>> No.16311439

>>16309067
What are you suggesting? They are already in the lowest bracket? Or do they not have higher rates for higher income where you live?

>> No.16311461

>>16310964
#3131 #1313 #6969 #1234 #4321 #2222 #8989 #9898

95% of the time one of these codes works, if it doesn't, keep trying more codes like these, or wait for a car to follow in. I can usually code break apartment gates within 30 seconds if not the first or second try.
t. Ex repoman

>> No.16311467

>>16311461
By the way #6969 works most often because retarded college kids think it's funny.

>> No.16311574

>>16310067
>>16305723
i'm interested as well how this works

>> No.16311824

>>16304375
I deliver in north philly, so yes i need to know you are giving me money before i come to you. I'm not risking my life, car, or wallet for pennies; sorry.

>> No.16311989

>>16310646
Why would someone take a fucking shit job like this for $7 an hour

>> No.16312042

>>16311989
And now you understand why no one wastes their time on non-tipping orders, because they're for the retarded.

>> No.16312103

>>16301503

The cunt with the electric unicycle and no numberplates in my city slammed my car wingmirror while coming off a pedestian crossing at a red light on the wrong side of the road accross a junction... There's a likelyhood If I'm on my bicycle and have no numberplate present I've booted the fucker into oncoming traffic in minecraft.

>> No.16312138

>>16303020
hahaha clean it up jannie

>> No.16312159

>>16303537
>Because they either can't get a job anywhere else
kitchens are always hiring; there's a massive shortage of line cooks and dishwashers right now.
hotels/hostels are always looking for housekeepers.
construction sites are always looking for labourers and are desperate to give some cunt $30/hour to hold a shovel

the "there's no jobs anywhere" shit is a meme. stop applying exclusively for jobs in a 3 mile radius of your house and always be prepared to move to another town/state/country for work.

>> No.16312172

>>16306487
>sushi
>being delivered
>prob a cityfag
likely a woman in her 30s that's a bit on the wealthy side, casually ordered $100 worth of sushi with a glass of wine in her hand while watching "Married At First Sight"

>> No.16312177

>>16306642
get your life in order?
literally who the fuck doesnt always have some food ready at home, or plans on picking up something to eat on the way home before getting drunk?

>> No.16312288

>>16306283
Get a real job you disgusting leech. Most servers over maybe 24 are fucking scum, kill yourself. But top up my water first

>> No.16312302

>>16312042
No I still don't understand. Why would I take a shit job like that where there's no guarantee that I'll actually get paid because it's up to random strangers tipping me. If anything it makes me want to tip less because to discourage people from taking a retarded job like that. Shit, I think I'm joining the no tips crew. Thanks for opening my eyes anon

>> No.16312495

>>16301503
I be eating the food like 50% of the time sorry bro

>> No.16312498

>>16312302
>Why would I take a shit job like that where there's no guarantee that I'll actually get paid because it's up to random strangers tipping me.
That's the point you dense fuck. Literally no one is going to accept your shitty no-tip order except retards that don't know they can reject orders. You typically get what you pay for, so when you tell us your order is worthless, we just reject your order in 5 seconds. If you want your food to take 2 hours to get to you when it could've taken 15, that's on you, not me.

>> No.16312709

>>16312177
I was drunk and on drugs last night. I do have food at home, but I suck at cooking when intoxicated.

>> No.16312795

>>16312172
I order 100 bucks worth of sushi sometimes too but I would still never tip over 10 bucks

>> No.16312804

>>16310964
Type in the apartment number and hit the ringer button you fucking retard

>> No.16313212

>>16301503
The restaurant doesn’t have the food ready like they said they did or the driver is doing another delivery.
I’m at 150 ubereats deliveries, working towards that 1000 for free college.

>> No.16313301

>>16309713
>because they cant understand the simple concept of addresses.
Or better yet, the literal Google Maps pushpin which is a set of exact fucking coordinates.

>> No.16313449
File: 82 KB, 327x338, 11144352384.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16310160
Imagine reading everything else he said with the posts early and that's the part that trips you up.

>> No.16313496

>>16304375
do you know what ethereum is? you pay a larger tip so you receive your food faster. the larger the tip the more drivers will accept your order

>> No.16313722

>>16305711
I hope you kill yourself

>> No.16313728

>>16306533
Stinky little incel

>> No.16313757

>>16301503
>Why is it so common for drivers to take like 15 minutes to get to my house when they're 5 minutes
why the fuck don't you drive yourself if it's 10 minutes roundtrip you fucking retard

>> No.16313775

>>16301503
Get a real job like picking up aluminum cans off of the street. Don't support these slavers. Just fucking STOP. Get on social assistance or soup kitchens. Don't support these piece of shit companies that turn you into modern slaves. FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIVES.

>> No.16313799
File: 87 KB, 554x400, picklerick.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>order from Uber Eats
>put a 30% tip on the app
>immediately lock my card after the first charge was made
>tip charge never goes through
>still get my order quickly because they think they are getting 30%
wagies btfo again

>> No.16313945

>>16309029
Drivers aren’t employees and don’t have to take your order. You’re bidding for service and we can reject your order if it isn’t worth it to take. Don’t like it? Get your own food you lazy fuck.

>> No.16313959

>>16310778
Awh poor little fat fuck mad he spent 50 because he was hungry again

>> No.16313964

>>16312103
Oh shut the fuck up. You just cried and bought a new mirror because you’re a fucking pussy who hates confrontation. That’s why you’re doing food delivery on bike like a fucking faggot.

>> No.16314040

>>16310326
>have a friendly, attractive female servant for 60 minutes
vs
>have a greasy overweight dreg stoned off his ass deliver you an ice cold pizza two hours late
I wonder which is worth a higher price.

>> No.16314594

>>16301503
Do Amerifats really?

>> No.16314597

>>16314594
Rent free

>> No.16314802

>>16310791
Nigger, I have tipped upfront and sometimes my food arrives cold, it's not only the couriers' fault, but also the fucking midwits who work at the restaurant that fuck several orders up.

>> No.16314811 [DELETED] 

>>16311824
That's your for living in niggerville.

>> No.16314829

>>16311824
That's your fault for living in niggerville.

>> No.16315314

I have ordered hundreds of food deliveries in the last couple of years and have not tipped once, food always arrives quickly and looks fine, thank god I’m not American

>> No.16315398

>>16315314
>not American
>in a country where the workers don't get paid like shit
Gee, I wonder why?

>> No.16315412

>>16315398
I’m australian yes, the food prices here are ridiculous keep in mind, due to high minimum wage. All delivery apps here have like a minimum $15 spend before delivery for the most part too, a burrito delivered costs me $20 because the delivery app prices are still marked up, no fucking chance I’m tipping on top of that

>> No.16315786

>>16301503
I do Uber Eats occasionally since I don't need a lot of money right now and it's convenient. I think the answer is because we are only responsibly for transporting the food from point A to B and are not paid enough to give a shit about the quality of the food or customer experience. Since we don't represent a restaurant.

>> No.16316074

>>16301503
They have multiple orders they need to deal with typically.

>> No.16316077

>>16304484
>Blame the tip culture for allowing waiters and such to be paid below minimum wage
stop perpetuating this myth. They can only get paid below minimum wage IF you tip them. Otherwise, they earn minimum wage.

>> No.16316091

>>16316077
>stop perpetuating a fact by restating what was just said
Ok?

>> No.16316093

>>16316091
>reading comprehension

>> No.16316239

Why is everyone here ordering through apps? Why not directly order at a place or restaurant through their own website or their phone number? Plus they don't have to pay 15 to 30% comission to uber, takeaway or whatever those venture businesses are called.

>> No.16317667

>>16316239
Resurrecting this to point out this is what your local restaurants wish you would do instead of use the middlemen apps.
The losers when these apps are used are the restaurants, delivery drivers, and consumers.

>> No.16317732

>>16317667
A place in my town has food items which don't show up in the middlemen apps. They're exclusive to those who order via phone number or go to pick them up themselves, and of course these are much less expensive per portion, since there are no comissions involved.
Other restaurants could start doing something similar, maybe get creative with how to advertise that to the customers.

>> No.16317747

>>16316091
the autism

>> No.16317988

>>16306283
I live in Vegas, make ~$100,000 a year in base salary (with no state or income tax), and I have a bunch of dumb idiot friends who work three days a week as a server, bartender, or some shit and outearn me, while I went to a good school and did shit "right."

I work my ass off to the point of throwing up from the stress and these faggots do nothing thanks to tip culture, and don't even claim their tips. I know it's not the same everywhere, but man, fuck that shit.

>> No.16318055

>>16317988
>I can NOT believe these people working full time are making a living!!! I should make more because....because I say I should, okay?

>> No.16318796

>>16318055
not him but 3 days a week is nowhere close to full time. he's still a cuck for whining but I can understand the frustration

>> No.16319520

>>16301503
8/10 irs not the driver, the uber eats gps is inaccurate as fuck and half the time the restaurant pings that the good is ready and when a driver gets there it actually isnt

>> No.16319715

>>16310242
>literal criminal
>whining about people not giving him money for nothing

faggot.

>> No.16319726

>>16319715
>>whining about people not giving him money for nothing
>faggot.

there's a standard cost of labor, gasoline, and vehicle wear and tear. a delivery driver and a waiter in a restraunt are two different things. go drive yourself and get your own food fag.

>> No.16319748

>>16301503
reminder not to tip rideshare/food delivery folks.

>> No.16320024

>>16303020
>That shadow

>> No.16320605

>>16301503

Question for the delivery drivers; have you ever had a girl flash you when you were delivering?

>> No.16320698

>>16320605
Surprisingly yes. Happened once in broad daylight in traffic.
Amusingly enough, her bf was driving her in a big wheel pick-up.

>> No.16320715

>>16320698

I guess that sort of counts. But I meant flashed at the door when you're dropping off. I'm holding out hope it will happen one of these days. Also, what in the world led her to flash you?

>> No.16320787

>>16320715
At the door? No. I'm not attractive enough for a girl to do that.
Wh*te people also do stupid shit for thrills man.

>> No.16320916

are there any delivery services that deliver cigarettes??

>> No.16320955

>>16320916

Definitely. When I delivered for Postmates, I delivered both booze and ciggies. Some of the friendliest people I delivered to. Even managed to have one girl sign for the booze braless. That was fun

>> No.16321054

>>16320955
ugh I've looked on all the big food delivery apps and none of them do, it's probably just Tennessee and it's retarded fucking laws. up until a couple years ago you couldn't buy liquor on sundays and you still can't get it delivered. probably some dumb shit for tobacco too.

>> No.16322512

>>16320715
You are pathetic.

>> No.16322666

>>16319520
As a GrubHub driver I can attest that restaurants frequently falsely say that the order is ready for pick up.

>> No.16322699

>>16305723
Redpill me on the chucky cheese ghost kitchen agenda. What's their end game? Is it an exit strategy since their traditional business model is failing?

>> No.16322724

>>16320916
>>16320955

i used to deliver alcohol and cigs until a few people stopped asking for my ID, and that made me insecure they think im over 21 years old, which i am of course, but i dont like hearing that. now i only deliver non alcohol and non cig items.

>> No.16322737

>>16320605
>have you ever had a girl flash you when you were delivering?

no.. its the complete oppisite in my experience. i was stupidly texted a customer asking her for her number when i could have just asked her at the door.. The next day i found out she reported me but the company didn't give a shit. I think she said i'm a dangerous worker.. yea dangerous because i found her attractive. fuck you fucking whore.

>> No.16322793

>>16310714
2 entrees from noodles & co
Extra meat on mine
Extra sauce on hers
Extra sauce on side for
6 piece garlic bread
2 bottles of iced tea
tips and fees

I may never recover financially from this

>> No.16322806

>>16301503
because the drivers are retarded and forget their fucking card provide to them to buy the food and the order goes through an indian call center thats annoying as fuck to deal with. I have purposely hung up on a ton of doordash orders because i fucking hate them

>> No.16322917

I always tip the highest and my food is here fast. It's a couple bucks on top of the retarded $20 markup per plate you're already pouring into. Try doing this consistently and, my assumption is, the app will start routing you the higher rated drivers. I noticed this but am sure it varies by area and some chance.

>> No.16322979

>Order some shit on doordash
>Seems to cost more online than at the restaurant but whatever
>Service fee
>Local ordinance fee
>Delivery fee
>Taxes
>Plus a recommended tip
>An order that might have cost me 13 dollars is closer to 30 now and it doesn't even get to my place hot
Delivery services are such a fucking scam it's unreal. Delivery drivers that complain about tips, I feel it I really do, but how the hell do you manage to scrounge up the cash for a bigger tip when doordash/etc has already added 20 bucks in bullshit fees to the order? I only order delivery from places that do their own delivery, just the price of the food plus a tip with no bullshit. I'm amazed these delivery companies aren't illegal.

>> No.16323042

>>16322979
You can blame DD/UE/GH sending lobbyists down to California to cockblock any actions that would've put them in their place, including classifying their drivers as employees instead of independent contractors to avoid having to god forbid give them actual benefits. They all lied to the drivers insisting that being classified as employees would fuck them over when in reality they found other ways to fuck them over regardless like hiding key information, making it impossible for Dashers to get high value orders unless they're "top Dashers", and so on.

>> No.16323743
File: 30 KB, 500x500, bogd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>order Uber
>"_____ has one stop along the way!"

How is this shit allowed and why can't you opt out of it?

>> No.16324044

>>16311574
>have commercial kitchen
>start a holding company
>holding company "owns" multiple restaurant brands
>all food production is through the singular commercial kitchen and delivered through 3rd party services

Alternately, it's established restaurants looking to either escape brand expectations or enter a new market without the risk of physical locations. It's much less interesting than it sounds.

>> No.16324111

>>16324044
Thank you anon

>> No.16324262 [DELETED] 
File: 61 KB, 972x468, 1614142490931.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16302431
>>16303507
>>16304340
>>16306489
>>16306554
Tipping culture is literal cuckoldry. Why would I enable unprofitable businesses and wage slaving by paying extra? I pay for the meal and delivery - they can raise the price if they want to, it's not gonna bother me.

>> No.16324274
File: 791 KB, 1106x1272, 1602175812140.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16302431
>>16303507
>>16304340
>>16306489
>>16306554
Tipping culture is literal cuckoldry. Why would I enable unprofitable businesses and wage slaving by paying extra? I pay for the meal and delivery, that's it.
If corps like doordash finally wanna stop bleeding money like they're doing right now, they can raise their delivery prices. It's not gonna bother me.

>> No.16324547

>>16305731
I have never been sober when I worked for door dashed.

>> No.16324568

What's it like to dash in nonwhite areas? We have Mexicans here and in 2000 deliveries nobody has lied and said I didn't deliver, but I hear people dash with literal body cams to prove they dropped the food off.

Also never take fast food orders. They used to be okay but now lobbies are closed and everything is super slow.

>> No.16324612

>>16313757
I don't drive and I often order at like 3am.

>> No.16324619

>>16303926
kek

>> No.16324627

I use Uber and UberEats so often I literally got sent a bottle of expensive champange one year. I used it to get to work, get home from work, and then I used it to order. Often three times per day.

>> No.16324855

>>16310756
Obvious troll

>> No.16324860

>>16322737
Sounds like she was fishing for the lawsuit jackpot.

>> No.16324894

>>16322979
There is a reason these companies didn't exist before. The business model is almost impossible to be profitable. The expenses greatly outweigh the value, even when you have the drivers to cover their own expenses. The reason these companies all popped up out of nowhere is because of all the cheap money provided by the federal government. Investors are throwing a ton of borrowed money into these scams thinking they're getting in early on the next Amazon. The reality is these companies will never be profitable, and the only reason they are staying afloat now is because of stimulus checks, covid, and naive shareholders.

>> No.16324931

>>16313799
doesnt work

>> No.16324933

>>16301503
You seem not to understand that you're not the only person getting delivery before and after you. So imagine your food sitting there about 10minutes in a rstaurant while the driver was out in their car doing someone else's deliveries. Then, they pick up 2-3 orders at your restaurant, possibly waiting a moment while they finish prepping someone else's bags to include those too. In the chaos of checking more than one order, they can neglect to notice a missing item or sauce, or some other request while busy with someone else. Then, with multiple bags in their car, yours might be last on the route, or else topped by other people's items, getting more smushed in their car.

>Why does my food often have issues that go beyond sitting in a box or container or whatever for 15 minutes?
That's the restaurant's packing of it, I would think. Dumping stuff in there haphazardly or without being freshly made. There is something you can do a bit about it, kind of the mindset of ordering unsalted fries to ensure they are made fresh to order. Customize your menu item in a similar fashion, but added instructions like withholding a pickle or add mustard, or no mushrooms in your pasta, something like that. Use polite language when calling in orders or texting special instructions, so they feel more impressed by your etiquette than annoyed at your special requests.
Finally, if you are a frequent flyer, you should probably chat up the person and properly tip if this kind of thing really matters. Make sure they know who you are.

>> No.16324943

You should be able to tip after the delivery has happened. Change my mind

>> No.16324963

>>16324943
yeah

>> No.16325057

>>16324943
Worka in a socially healthy society, doesn't work in America where too many customers will abuse it.

>> No.16325101

>>16324933
>Then, with multiple bags in their car, yours might be last on the route, or else topped by other people's items, getting more smushed in their car.

An app i worked for never had multiple orders. the only time i had to deliver multiple orders was during the hype point of covid-19. for me it was usually one order per 30 minutes. so if you have at least more than 2 orders per 30 minutes, you should be very thankful for it, because that's additional commission and tips. the app i worked for was called favor. i wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't even show you the tip beforehand.

>> No.16325388

>>16324274
>Tipping culture is literal cuckoldry.
Tell me something I don't know. You enable it because you don't have much of a choice since tipping culture is engraved into American culture. You can refuse to tip all you want, but you're only going to gamble with your own food when it comes to deliveries. Also contrary to what you may believe, these delivery apps are insanely profitable, the lack of profitability they bullshit about comes from the massive expenses they're undergoing in advertising (which was crucial during the start of the pandemic), rapid expansion to new areas globally, and giving their CEOs hundreds of millions of dollars.

>> No.16326058
File: 327 KB, 600x600, 1612884775416.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16325388
>you don't have much of a choice since tipping culture is engraved into American culture
I'm not a burger. I'm a yuropoor
>these delivery apps are insanely profitable
aren't they highly indebted though? huge earnings don't matter when debt repayments are eating up your profit margins

>> No.16326491

>>16310666
>>16310690
>>16310714
>>16322793
Find promo codes if you can, they might pop up in the app or on other sites.
This month I got two 50% off codes for up to $20 off per order.
With pickup, I was able to get a little hamburger, cheeseburger, bacon cheeseburger, and two large fries for $21 at Five Guys.
I got the three entrees and two sides family meal and four egg rolls at Panda Express for $21.
I don't know if it's because I'm fairly new user, I ordered two or three times since May. I'm hoping for more to pop up, shit is overpriced.

>> No.16326516

>>16325388
They aren't profitable at all. Their entire operation is funded by debt, and that trajectory isn't slowing.

>> No.16326519

>>16316239
>>16317667
>>16317732
I go to some local chain and always saw they offer online orders. Just checked it out an it's not even their site, just through ToastTab. At least the prices are the same.

>> No.16326529

>>16305949
Oh well tough shit faggot. Go pick it up then tubbs

>> No.16326638

>>16326516
the entire world economy is funded by debt bud.

>> No.16327099

>>16324568
>Also never take fast food orders. They used to be okay but now lobbies are closed and everything is super slow.
I fucking hate anywhere with a drive thru. They close their lobbies and it’s a 20min wait to pickup