[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 434 KB, 1536x2048, 1616098933185.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16208766 No.16208766[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

where i work if we drop something on the floor we just throw it in a fryer for a few seconds and act like nothing happened

>> No.16208781

>>16208766
this happens at all levels of dining bro dont sweat it
if you're willing to let food sit at room temp and use it for next service, serve food at the edge of its expiration, serve food that is perhaps over or underseasoned, pick over a ruined dish to reserve its useful components to serve to another guest, use unconventional methods to get food to a guest on the fly, call a guest you'll never meet and know nothing about a cunt or an idiot for ordering a dish with no onions, don't act like serving food you've dropped on the floor is any different

>> No.16208817

>>16208781
i dont even think much of it to be honest, just seemed kind of weird to me that not even upper management bats an eye bout it. i figured that would be at least one thing that would get someone in trouble on the line but i dont imagine theres any off tastes from an item being on the floor for seconds before flyin ginto 350 degree oil