Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/ck/ - Food & Cooking


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 104 KB, 1200x675, akrales_190904_3464_0121.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15833253 No.15833253 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Why does this forum despise/bully the Hot Sauce Community so much?

>> No.15833260

>>15833253
they have to hate something

>> No.15833275

>>15833253
Hot sauce is just another s o y collectible like funko pops or whatever.

>> No.15833281

>>15833253
It was just one mentally ill guy spamming soyjacks then some newfags saw it and it caught on

>> No.15833291

>>15833275
Retard

>> No.15833403

>>15833291
Dont you have a bull to be prepping, loser?

>> No.15833444

>>15833275
*soy
Newfag.

>> No.15833484

>>15833253
hot sauce is tasty
"the hot sauce community" is gay

>> No.15833495
File: 519 KB, 644x800, nashvillehotjak.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15833495

>>15833253
It's entirely possible to enjoy something without the need to go full soy and develop a "community" that's damn near the point of parody.
>Heh, you're gonna want a glass of milk with that, buddy...

>> No.15833504

>>15833253
They hate that a soy adjacent individual like this guy is a millionaire because he was smart enough to create a brand around a large food community

>> No.15833506

>>15833253
Because 'le HECKIN hot spice!' is for manchildren who can't appreciate food without it

>> No.15833511

>>15833253
the mind of a soy
>Why yes, I have no identity and desperately need to affirm my status as technically a male
>I already grew a patchy beard and post about my love of bacon whenever I can, but I still feel like people don't take me seriously as a man
>Hmm hot sauce, eh?
>They have ones that are so hot they're not enjoyable and you end up with mucus coming out of every facial orifice and need milk?
>They have ones that you can only use a 0.05 nanogram "dab"?
>Now that's manly! Now I will collect these sauces on a special shrine shelf at home like I do with my Funko Pops and Marvel figurines
>nobody will ever forget that I was technically born male ever again

>> No.15833516

>>15833253
Because certain people transplant a love of hot sauces for an actual personality. They do this with pretty much anything, Funkos being a big one.

People don't hat the things, they hate the people that wont shut the fuck up about hot sauce.

>> No.15833520

>>15833253
sperging out about things that are mildly successful and trendy is almost 90% of the content on this site anon

>> No.15833566

>>15833253
Because Youtube is Communist so I hate them

>> No.15833576

>>15833516
Funkos are so cute its sad soi boys are associated with it

>> No.15833590

>>15833253
>cracka so wyte milk is enough spicy for his yt ass 2 handle
lmao!!!!

>> No.15833593

I don't think /ck/ hates hot ones. I mean, it's 4chan for crying out loud. A cesspool of human trash and piss and vomit and shit. Why would hot ones even CARE what 4chan thinks? Not many here are over 25 years old anyway. What the fuck do they know or have to say that is of any value to anyone?

Ignore the haters, Sean. Acknowledging their existence only makes them think you're validating them.

>> No.15833612

>>15833253
i like videogames but i wont turn my life to revolve around videogames to make it my identity. i like coffee but im not gonna brag every coffee brand i drank and have collections to their cans when my friends visit me, the same way peopoe do wuth how many alcohol bottles they "drank".

>> No.15833684

>this forum
its like 3 butthurt autists

>> No.15833751

>>15833593
You think and type like an absolute homo. Kys

>> No.15833880
File: 1.19 MB, 200x153, less than three.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15833880

>>15833751
gay for you, daddy.

>> No.15834140
File: 7 KB, 150x150, soy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15834140

omg I LOVE HOT SAUCE!!!

>> No.15834157

I don't know why you need more than 2 but if you like collecting them then why not.
Also this meme was forced by one single spammer and other copied him.

>> No.15834169

>>15833403
>projection
yikes cant believe you typed this out

>> No.15834186

>>15833253
Contrarianism

>> No.15834192

There's a difference between liking hot sauce, kombucha, cast iron, avocado etc and worshipping them like they're part of who you are as a person.

>> No.15834528
File: 48 KB, 500x500, 62814_1_417481_637413075330353778.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15834528

>>15834140
Hell yeah me too

>> No.15834559
File: 31 KB, 414x318, 0mfzvc4qdx561.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15834559

>bland! BLAND!
>Wheres the spice? Wheres the jalapeno naga mouthburn 3000 sauce? If you're not sweating, its not hot sauce!

>> No.15834568

>>15833253
Being able to tolerate high heat levels is seen as somewhat masculine. So men who lack other traditionally masculine traits can substitute in hot sauce enthusiasm for those other things. It's also the reason you see so many shlubby looking guys with beards now. It's another masculine thing you don't have to work very hard at to achieve. Or whiskey and beer snobbery. You get the idea

4chan does not like that type of person

>> No.15834608

Because people are bastardizing/americanizing hot sauce the same way craft beer does. You look silly as shit getting excited about adding mango milkshake ghost pepper sauce to a baked chicken breast

>> No.15834648

>>15834528
This shit right here is peak marinade base. Some grated garlic, ginger, ketjap, chilis and a pinch of salt + a handful of spices gives you perfect diced chicken for pretty much any curry.

>> No.15834652
File: 156 KB, 1200x800, 20210118_220316.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15834652

>>15834608
>did you say mango milkshake ghost pepper sauce?

>> No.15834653

>>15833253
lot of insecurity here

>> No.15834824

>>15833253
The majority of people who consume hot sauce do it for the image rather than for the sake of enjoying it. You are implicitly admitting that in your phrasing (hot sauce "community" as opposed to "people who like hot sauce"). It's the same reason people hate athiests, vegans, or cross fit trainers.

Ask yourself if these balding scraggly bearded bugmen would still obsess over hot sauce if everyone used it (similar to ketchup or salt) or if it were socially taboo and they had to consume it in secret without announcing it to everyone they know.

>> No.15835328

>>15834824
>The majority of people who consume hot sauce do it for the image rather than for the sake of enjoying it.
and let me tell you how mentally ill you have to be to unironically think this

>> No.15835347

I like the chipotle cholula and the jalapeƱo Tabasco

Thanks

>> No.15835646

>>15833253
Soy

>> No.15836093

>>15833253
This dude seems alright from his interviews, but the way the rest of the hot sauce community acts is insufferable.

>> No.15836215

I put them in the same category as the ones who hate spices because of some weird racism. Hot sauce is just some food stuff. I love it because I tend to like my food acidic and the heat clears my sinuses in the spring and summer.

>> No.15836296
File: 145 KB, 650x433, 129.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15836296

>>15833253
His hot sauce collection is inferior to mine.
Pleb

>> No.15836476
File: 1.94 MB, 1080x1080, 1495776196972.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15836476

>I'm a bit of a hot sauce guy.... you could say I like heat.

>> No.15836487

>>15833253
Why does a hot sauce community exist in the first place?

>> No.15836755

>>15833275
Neeeeeewfaaaaaaaag alert

>> No.15836767
File: 11 KB, 225x225, E0C72E8D-13E0-48A9-9AFE-8594326DE5C9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15836767

Best sauce on the market.

>> No.15836907

>>15836767
for the price? the black label is definitely up there

>> No.15837318

>>15833495
based downlow chicken shack menu

>> No.15837339

>>15833275
Ehh. When you get into the goofy stuff that's just hot for the sake of being hot with goofy names. Having a few that are totally different flavors is a different story. eg. Valentina / tabasco / some kind of buffalo sauce.

>> No.15837349

>>15836767
Agreed. I've only had the one on the right though.

>> No.15837351 [DELETED] 

>>15833253
Effeminate men repulse masculine men. They represent a threat to the tribe and we have evolved to find weakness repellant.

>> No.15837398

>>15833253
Probably because hot sauce threads always either devolve into dick measuring contests or race bait.

>> No.15837603

>>15834559
>bro try this hot sauce it's got such great flavor
>sweat literally streaming down their face like black guy gif
>such great flavor bro you have to try it
It's just so cringe

>> No.15837638

>>15833253
Antisocials hate everything, don't mind us

>> No.15837653

>>15837351
>...the man, 5 foot 3, typed feverishly through his thick coke bottle glasses

>> No.15837752

can someone explain to me what funko pops are? like is it a toy or is it candy or what?

>> No.15838227

>>15833253
>Hot Sauce Community
>Community

c'mon man

>> No.15838229

that hot ones show really went downhill now that every episode is just a sad Zoom meeting with hot sauce

>> No.15838242

>>15833511
Sounds like you're miserable and they aren't. Hence your obsession with them.

>> No.15838696

>>15833253

Imagine all the female celebrities he gets on here having spicy liquid shits afterwards haha how gross would that be right, hah

>> No.15838708

>>15836476
I want to fuck one of these hot sauce boys to see if the rumours are true or not.

>> No.15839449

Man, I really wanted to try the chipotle hot sauce when Alton Brown said it was his favorite out of all of them, but they discontinued it...

>> No.15839460

Hot sauce is delicious and adds a nice zing to whatever you're eating.

Collecting hot sauce is unbelievable faggotry.

>> No.15839609

people that obsess over the Scoville number and turn the enjoyment of food into a dick measuring contest are unwashed masses with irrelevant opinions

Spicy food can be really tasty, Indian cuisine is really good at that for example, but the bro culture surrounding FLAMING HOT ANUS DESTROYER HOT SAUCES are inbred plebs.

>> No.15839646
File: 674 KB, 1242x1394, gigachad gardener.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15839646

>not making your own hot sauce from fermented peppers from your garden
Enjoy paying top dollar for what literally just takes minutes of actual work. Also, you get to use your peppers for salads, poppers, and powders. I literally haven't bought chili powder in 3 or 4 years except for cheap cayenne powder to dust all around small vegetables to keep the rabbits away.

Protip: For a basic hot sauce, use ripe jalapenos or serranos as a base and add some hotter peppers like scotch bonnets or ghosts to kick up the heat.

>> No.15839670

>>15833593
>Not many here are over 25 years old anyway
Fuck off back to Facebook you snivelling little cunt.

>> No.15840012

>>15833253
Because every community is shit. Just enjoy hot sauce and don't make it a personality.

>> No.15840142

>>15838696
Seek help

>> No.15840814

N

>> No.15840818

I

>> No.15840826

G

>> No.15840839

U

>> No.15840842

G

>> No.15840845

R

>> No.15840850

N

>> No.15840858

I

>> No.15840876

G

>> No.15840885

E

>> No.15840891

L

>> No.15840912
File: 118 KB, 1050x1358, aaron-martin-nigel-comp[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15840912

>>15840850
>>15840858
>>15840876
>>15840885
>>15840891

>> No.15840915

N

>> No.15840924

I

>> No.15840935

>>15833253
beta white incels can't handle spicy food

it's a trend that rightists mock what they can't have, insecurity and projection is the name of the game

>> No.15840956

>>15833253
4chan in general mocks popular trends and also heavily judges people who participate in them. This has been the case for as long as I've been a part of this site, mostly /v/.

If you ask me, it stems from heavy projections and insecurities.

>> No.15840967

>>15840956
like clockwork, here's a beta white incel now!

>> No.15840979

>>15840967
I loathe you because you're doing the opposite of trying to make the world a better place for everyone.

>> No.15840985

>>15833576
Funkos are ugly mass produces shit, fucking neck yourself

>> No.15840991

>>15837318
Their "secret menu" pisses me off to no end. I wish they'd just fucking put everything on their menu instead of this fucking "check out our rarely updated Facebook page for what's available today ;p".

>> No.15841010

>>15840979
Ah yes, thanks for reminding me to add virtue signaling and gaslighting to that list!

Insecurity, projection, virtue signaling and gaslighting. Never trust a rightist for he will turn on anyone to obtain power.

>> No.15841021

>>15833495
>>15834140
>>15834559
>>15834652
>>15836476
shut the fuck up...im so sick of this fucking board trying to turn anything it doesnt like into a soylent meme. At least some people have hobbies you uninteresting waste of life

>> No.15841086

N

>> No.15841169

I

>> No.15841173

G

>> No.15841177

>>15841173
>>15841169
>>15841086
stop

>> No.15841186

N

>> No.15841194

>>15841186
stop

>> No.15841196

>>15833495
This is the reason

>> No.15841206

>>15833495
Also the same thing happened to craft beers. It started off being cool and then glasses/neckbeard fags started acting like it was cultured to drink craft beer, started creating the most meme styles and rendered it gay as fuck

>> No.15841220

N

>> No.15841221

>>15841194
No.

>> No.15841260

>>15833495
He says as he plucks a meme from his alt-right incel """community"""

The hypocrisy of rightists knows no bounds.

>> No.15841635

>>15833275
You're calling a food item a collectible. Fucking think about that for 5 seconds and then go sit in the goddamn corner. Hot sauce aficionados don't collect them to collect them, we buy a large variety because we want to sample them and see how good and hot they are. Da Bomb, for example, is a VERY hot sauce that tastes like ass.

>> No.15841645

>>15833511
>They have ones that are so hot they're not enjoyable and you end up with mucus coming out of every facial orifice and need milk?

Fucker, those are the fun ones. I keep one bottle a super hot like that around for when I have a cold and need to clear out my sinuses.

>> No.15841909

N

>> No.15841918

I

>> No.15841920

G

>> No.15841923

G

>> No.15841925

E

>> No.15841935

R

>> No.15842181
File: 45 KB, 600x600, 104332_01_600x600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15842181

>>15833253
Did someone say HOT SAUCE?

>> No.15842194
File: 206 KB, 281x375, peppersoy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15842194

>>15841021
>shut the fuck up...im so sick of this fucking board trying to turn anything it doesnt like into a soylent meme. At least some people have hobbies you uninteresting waste of life

>> No.15842259

Reminder that 95% of hot sauce shitposting is one autist, literally one guy, who thinks bell peppers are too spicy.

>> No.15842424
File: 601 KB, 750x1247, dude hot soyce lmao.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15842424

>>15842259
factually untrue

>> No.15842757
File: 139 KB, 640x480, BD9C7A17-4936-4B0C-8A2D-B5D243E4D473.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15842757

Lined up all my hot sauce collection on the staircase in my building.

>> No.15842865

>>15833275
why put spaces in soy?

>> No.15842912
File: 22 KB, 660x350, Reddit-Alien1-660x350-4.24.2013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15842912

>>15841909
>>15841918
>>15841920
>>15841923
>>15841925
>>15841935
WE DID IT REDDIT

>> No.15843021

>>15833253
Dunno.. but my wife got me three months of hot sauce delivery box thing. Three hot sauces a month.
Now I actively look for new and unique hot sauces. But I consume them, I don't collect them.

>> No.15843112

>>15841635
>Hot sauce aficionados
This post HAS to be satire.
People despise hot sauce fanatics because relying on a storebought condiment instead of cooking a tasty meal is what children do with chicken nuggies.
You could take any sauce or recipe and just add chilli until desired, it's a completely useless range of products propped up by "hip social media entertainers" which is why it falls into the category of Funko Pop figurines.
Watching a celebrity sweat it out on Hot Ones during an extended informal interview can be entertaining and inciteful but running out and spending money is as cringeworthy as entering into an auction for a single sachet of Szechuan Sauce because you saw it on Rick and Morty.

>> No.15843156
File: 179 KB, 846x518, 1583198309618.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15843156

>>15833253
>hot sauce community
This is why. You're making something as trivial as peppery vinegar water into a lifestyle, and it's annoying and cringey. Yes, hot sauce is good. Move on.

>> No.15843159
File: 348 KB, 350x233, you have to go back.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15843159

>>15842912
go back

>> No.15843535

>>15839646
Unironically correct.

We do lacto fermented hot sauce every summer.

We use a mix of jalapenos, habeneros, and birds eye peppers because they grow good and come with a good flavor.

We blend apple cider and red wine vinegar, put in like... it's a cup of salt, I think...

And a pound of finely diced garlic.

The sauce is piquant, a little sour, very fruity, and will burn out your asshole.

>> No.15843543
File: 47 KB, 1280x720, c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15843543

Yes I periodically refill a 12oz cholula bottle with my 64oz bottle.

>> No.15843588

>>15833275
this, it only comes out during a party, used once, and they put it back away for another year.

>> No.15844269
File: 212 KB, 740x724, 1616903014034.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15844269

>>15841635
>You're calling a food item a collectible. Fucking think about that for 5 seconds and then go sit in the goddamn corner. Hot sauce aficionados don't collect them to collect them, we buy a large variety because we want to sample them and see how good and hot they are. Da Bomb, for example, is a VERY hot sauce that tastes like ass.

>> No.15844293

>>15833253
Hot is not a taste and does not belong in any food.

Take that turd shit back to plebbit fucks.

>> No.15844296

>>15833275
Just take a look at how many plebbit fags you triggered.

THAT is your right answer.

>> No.15844311

>>15833275
yo this nigga can't say onions

>> No.15844316

>>15844311
wtf I wrote in onions why did it change to onions

>> No.15844366

>>15833253
>Hot Sauce Community
>Community

>> No.15844396

>>15833253
there's a hot sauce community?

>> No.15844412

>>15833275
I have friends who like those things and they always fucking buy them for me at christmas or my birthday, I feel awkward telling them I don't want them, seems pretty rude. At the same time though I have like 6 of these fucking things in a cupboard just taking up space.

>> No.15844430
File: 357 KB, 232x194, FF5DD323-B123-4EAD-BE5A-69A461E6E6E0.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15844430

>>15833275
they removed the wordfilter for soy?
>testing

>> No.15844431

>>15833275
Yep

>> No.15845224

>>15844430
Ur dum

>> No.15845262

>>15833253
white people are bad at tolerating it

>> No.15845274

>>15844269
Jokes on you fucker, I don't even use reddit.

>> No.15845300
File: 7 KB, 250x81, 1581792899632.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15845300

>>15843159
To where?

>> No.15845307
File: 8 KB, 196x250, Soi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15845307

>>15845274
>Jokes on you fucker, I don't even use reddit.

>> No.15845332

>>15833253
Community is cancer, not the product.

>> No.15845572
File: 49 KB, 245x270, 65c.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15845572

>>15841021
>im so sick of this fucking board trying to turn anything it doesnt like into a soylent meme.

>> No.15845727

>>15833253
Autism and a need to be superior to something else even if it's forced and stupid

>> No.15846848

>>15843535
shut up faggot

>> No.15847223

N

>> No.15847323

I

>> No.15847350

C

>> No.15847524

E

>> No.15847568

>>15841021
It's to divide us on everything. The more things people can argue and get divided over, the less they focus on other things

>> No.15847763

>>15847568
You're on the cooking part of an anime imageboard. What are they keeping you from focusing on schizo?

>> No.15847805

>>15836296
imagine that being your idenity

>> No.15847877

>>15834157
variety of flavor and heat. some sauces work better in some dishes than others.

>> No.15847916

>>15838708
what's that?

>> No.15848025

>>15833253
I love hot sauce

>> No.15848051

>>15843588
I use hot sauce 3 - 5 times a week though.

>> No.15848170
File: 49 KB, 398x409, 1596160381636.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15848170

>>15833275
>>15844430
leave my board immediately

>> No.15848178

>>15847763
You know how you can be talking about ricecakes then suddenly someone posts a picture that sparks feelings, distract you from the ricecake. How you think bbc cuck shit works? Someone posts that, derails thread and there you have it. It can happen on any site not just here. It's harder to get a conversation going when you've got retardd going muh bbc in ur ass and soylent shit. Stuff that's getting forced on you but you're just part of it and getting caught in the middle

>> No.15848220

hot sauce is arguably the most evident case of commodity fetishism among foods

>> No.15848303

>>15848178
You're in a shitpost thread about hot sauce, get a grip.

>> No.15848335

What kind of person chooses to participate in a thread about a subject they have no interest in and would rather make it about some vague alpha and beta male idea?

>> No.15848395

>>15848335
that's what the utility of hot sauce is for many people though

sorry your soy-infested brain has trouble coping with the fact that your "hobby" solely exists to make you feel like you're manly because you ingested some spicy peppers

>> No.15848415

>>15848303
Yes but my point still stands, look at this post for exameple >>15848395
You got muh soy brain again and it's a distraction. That shit is the same for other topics that dont need it, then yoy got retards pushing stupid shit because other have done it om purpose

>> No.15848455
File: 941 KB, 668x1095, stevenice.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
15848455

>>15847223
>>15847323
>>15847350
>>15847524
nice

>> No.15848496

>>15848395
There it is again. You're convoluted brain is obsessed with manliness due to your insecurities. Chill out spaz and find something you enjoy instead of trying to bring others to your level of misery.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action