[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 69 KB, 735x516, lemon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15519713 No.15519713 [Reply] [Original]

Seriously though, is MSG bad for you?

>> No.15519749

>>15519713
No, it's no more harmful than salt. Every study done has shown that people claiming it's harmful have a psychosomatic reaction when told something contains MSG and have the exact same reaction when given placebos. I particularly like the one that had people claiming MSG gave them migraines to come in and discuss it while helping themselves to free snacks like cheetos, etc. All of the snacks had MSG and everyone was fine until the instructor told everyone they'd been eating MSG for two hours. Suddenly half the room claimed to be having a headache. It's all just impressionable retards.

>> No.15519788

>>15519749
>I particularly like the one that had people claiming MSG gave them migraines to come in and discuss it while helping themselves to free snacks like cheetos, etc. All of the snacks had MSG and everyone was fine until the instructor told everyone they'd been eating MSG for two hours. Suddenly half the room claimed to be having a headache.
Fucking kek, I see this all the time in my work. Do you still have sauce on this study?

>> No.15519966

>>15519749
Nocebos are a hell of a drug. Annoying to get rid of too since while the condition is fake the symptoms are real so you have to give them fake treatment for their fake disease.

>> No.15520057

I really like this picture!

>> No.15520067

I think it's like a highfructosecornsyrup to sugar thing.
It's basically the same, makes things taste great, and is fine in moderation but nobody ever uses a cheap tasty thing in moderation.