[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2022-11: Warosu is now out of maintenance. Become a Patron!

/ck/ - Food & Cooking


View post   
View page     

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 633 KB, 1394x3669, jack-daniels-no7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15347633 No.15347633 [Reply] [Original]

Back in my day, whiskey tasted like shit and that was that. None of this barrel-aged, oak-flavor, honey-infused bullshit. No matter what you may say, nothing is as manly as a bottle of Jack. No woman has ever dropped her panties for a man who orders Four Roses Special Reserve or what have you

>> No.15347640

>>15347633
I like him beam Devils cut, op.

>> No.15347648

>>15347633
Does that make you wet? Would you let me into your trailer if I brought a bottle of Jim beam?

>> No.15347704

>>15347633
I use Jim beam instead of mouthwash because I’m a real man and drinking Jim beam makes me feel Like I can beat up my dad.

>> No.15347705

>>15347633
>back in my day whiskey wasnt barrel aged!
Based retard

>> No.15347719

>>15347705
exactly, only a faggot cares how it's made. I'm not gettin paid to write a paper on whiskey

>> No.15347725
File: 142 KB, 1864x1048, last-man-standing-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000-1864x1048.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15347725

I sometimes wish I could try a typical "frontier" whisky, or some old west bar swill.

>> No.15347735

>>15347633
how old are you

>> No.15347739

>>15347633
I’m just like you op I drink my Jim beam straight from the bottle then I light my cigars and inhale them because drinking and smoking is cool. flavor and filters are gay. Man I though I was the only real man on this board before I saw this post.

>> No.15347740

>>15347735
22

>> No.15347742

>>15347725
Probably tastes a lot like hipster small batch whiskey’s made out west by new distillers who don’t know that the fuck they’re doing

>> No.15347752

>>15347740
Fucking newfag

>> No.15347761

>>15347633
I drank a bottle of Jack Daniel's with my uncle once. I suppose you can guess the rest.

>> No.15347765

>>15347742
Id imagine, no coloring added, high ABV, lost of impurities. White dog.

>> No.15347770
File: 137 KB, 510x590, SMASHED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15347770

>Yes, Old Grand Dad 114 is my spirit of choice

>> No.15347824

>>15347633
Back in the day whisky tasted great. You lived during the great American malaise of the 1960s to 90s.

>> No.15347903

>>15347633
So if I get a bottle of swill I'll get my dick sucked you say

>> No.15347955

>>15347633
Four roses has gotten me pussy Anon. I think you may be gay

>> No.15348013
File: 29 KB, 504x1000, doctors-special-scotch-whisky.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15348013

>>15347633

>> No.15348014

George Dickel makes my dick tickle.

>> No.15348065

>>15347633
I drink titos because it doesn't make me nauseated. Leave me alone.

>> No.15348138

>>15347903
As long as you are also smoking Marlboros

>> No.15348149

>>15348013
>scotland
>aristocrats
uuuuuuhhhh

>> No.15348155
File: 1.50 MB, 2400x2400, 4ff3f3e6-237f-43fc-84e2-df14199d95dc_1.fd10b7c07394c25a0422168c57d4080f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15348155

>he doesn't enjoy a crispy, fresh chelada after working in the hot sun all day

>> No.15348168

>>15348155
>bud light
get the fuck out gringo

>> No.15348184
File: 1.46 MB, 1062x1062, coors-banquet-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15348184

>>15348155
>he doesn't drink himself into oblivion with coors banquet after teaching his cute next door neighbors son how to defend himself from bullies using karate
ngmi

>> No.15350168

>>15348155
this looks nice, how do i make it as an australian, we cant get any bud shit here.
>>15348184
based

>> No.15350202

>>15350168
just mix cheap the cheap lager of your choice with clamato and add a squeeze of lime juice

>> No.15350206

>>15350202
turns out i cant get clamato in aus either, seems like alot of work to make it myself just for some spic drink. guess ill have to stick to veebs

>> No.15350209
File: 407 KB, 1242x854, 9F4C04D8-7356-4DE5-A3E2-8B077E629DA1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15350209

>>15347648
>>15347705
>>15347824
>>15347955
>>15348065
>>15348155
>>15350168

>> No.15350233

>nothing is as manly as a bottle of Jack
you just got jewed by advertisements and movies
in reality the most manly alcohol is moonshine
>made in shacks or camps by some rednecks
>cheap
>you can't buy it legally
>you can go blind from it

>> No.15350250

the manliest drink is actually whatever you prefer drinking the most, and not being an insecure faggot larping as a "man"

>> No.15350257

>>15350209
Define boomer. Define zoomer. Argue that it's not a collection of artificial terms to try and divide anons.

>> No.15350288
File: 69 KB, 465x543, D7B198DD-4A98-41C0-A061-32B0B8989E94.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15350288

>>15350257

>> No.15350301

>>15350288
Amazing how monster energy drink managed to sneak their viral marketing into this meme and co-opt it so completely.
4chan really has declined.

>> No.15350302

>>15350288
Monster energy drink and sunglasses huh.

>> No.15350310

>>15350301
I know right? That whole 'sips' thing was utterly retarded.

>> No.15350354

>>15350257
whos better, led zepplin or kanye west?

>> No.15350363

>>15350354
Neither, Hawkwind blows both out the water, and for a more modern band, Wall of Voodoo and for an even more modern one, Black Magick SS.

>> No.15350372

>>15350363
your a boomer. also very based music taste, camouflage from ridgeways solo stuff has a very special place in my heart

>> No.15350405

>>15350372
I reject the term and would suggest not using based, but it is a good song. I prefer Call of the West, Farside of Crazy, Drive She Said, Factory, Big City and The Big Heat to Camouflage but it's a good song and also close to my heard.

>> No.15350412
File: 300 KB, 640x632, 1580312499973.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15350412

>>15347739
>Smoking cigars instead of becoming a pipe chad.

>> No.15350441

>>15350405
lmao ur boomer

>> No.15350464

>>15350412
Why not smoke pipes and cigars?

>> No.15350472

>>15350464
WHY NOT ENJOY A BLACK AND MILD

>> No.15350482

>>15347633
>nothing is as manly as a bottle of Jack
You have to be over 16 to post on this board.

>> No.15350515
File: 1001 KB, 1239x696, 1569455659872.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15350515

>>15350464
Tell you what, you bend over and I'll shove them straight up your ass.

>> No.15350522

>>15347633
Literal 64 year old here, there's no one less worthy of respect than a man who determines his tastes around what other people want him to like.

>> No.15350622

>>15350522
Based oldfag

>> No.15350688

>>15350522
shut the fuck up geezer, your time is past

>> No.15350797

Jack Daniels is for teenagers that think drinking Jack makes them hard as fuck.
It's just really bad tasting corn whiskey.
Fun fact about Jack Daniels, when you throw an empty bottle out of a moving vehicle they are actually extremely tough. I tossed one and watched it bounce down the highway all the way into the ditch before.

>> No.15350811

>>15350354
lil yachty is better than both

>> No.15350818

>>15350797
>Fun fact about Jack Daniels, when you throw an empty bottle out of a moving vehicle they are actually extremely tough. I tossed one and watched it bounce down the highway all the way into the ditch before.
Same here but with spic women.

>> No.15350843

>>15350818
They both leave a bad taste in your mouth and make you regret spending money on them too, ironic.

>> No.15350855

>>15347633
Drinking any alcohol is for degenerate losers. You aren't cool, you're just a pathetic faggot.

>> No.15350872

>>15350855
Imagine being too much of a sissy to enjoy a tumbler of quality whiskey with a fine meal before sitting down to the evenings kino.
And then calling others pathetic.

>> No.15350885

>>15347725
It probably would taste like flavoured cheap vodka and methanol.

>> No.15350888

>>15350855
back to your containment hive /pol/cel, the "shills" are gonna get you if you don't counter them with frog pictures

>> No.15350894

>>15347633
>No woman has ever dropped her panties for a man who orders Four Roses Special Reserve

Probably not, but, like many other things, women don't know shit about whiskey. And following a woman's opinion is probably the least manly thing you could be doing.

Personally I feel that mildly expensive whiskeys ($100ish a bottle) are in the best manly tier. They don't cost so much as to be irresponsible to buy (eg, Pappy), but yet also cost enough to be of a certain quality and something to buy every now and then to keep them special.

If it's cheap enough to where the average man could drink a bottle every night, then it's not something where taking the time to enjoy it is forced upon you, so less manly imho. That being said, Bulleit rye is super cheap and is incredibly tasty and is better than Jack in every way.

>> No.15350904

>>15350894
Listen, anything under 300$ a bottle is probably just swill anyway.

>> No.15350924

>>15350904
You're a bum if you think anything under a cool grand isn't just horse piss.

>> No.15350939

>>15350924
You're a pathetic fool if you're not downing a 65k bottle of Dom Perignon every evening.

>> No.15350946

>>15350904
I've tried a few different ones over $300 but don't really think the price/quality line is linear enough between there and $100 to justify the difference, let alone be able to definitively and consistently perceive an improvement. Is there any at your price point you would highly recommend?

>> No.15351688

>>15347633
Bourbon isn't real whisky.
KYS you fat American faggot.

>> No.15351750
File: 70 KB, 900x1200, brbon_eva32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15351750

>>15347633
I have never tried Jack Daniels because pic related is cheaper, should I be buying something else for this price range? What is the best cheap whiskey?

>> No.15351760

>>15350946
I recommend anyhing expensive you can get at auction. It can't be bad, regardless of what you pick.

>> No.15351789

>>15347704
JB and Coke is my go-to at weddings.

>> No.15352009

>>15350811
COLD LIKE A SPRITE SODA

>> No.15352154
File: 133 KB, 1080x1062, e2G3Soa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15352154

>>15347633
Jim and Jack taste like crayons. Evan williams and wild turkey are good cheap whiskeys.

>> No.15352617

>>15348184
>for the man who has limits of how far down into the barrel he’ll go to drink

>> No.15352632

>>15347633
>i prefer mass produced trash to a higher quality product
Such is the life of a /ck/ poster.

>> No.15352648

>>15347761
you guys had dinner at the drive thru afterwords?

>> No.15352653

>>15352648
naw they had some hot uncle on nephew anal debauchery or whatever euros are calling their weird coming of age rituals.

>> No.15352663

>>15350522
is it true that cuervo gold used to be the only tequila available in the states until like...maybe the 80's?
(an actual boomer told me that once but i cant confirm)

>> No.15352667

>>15352663
yeah, nobody even liked tequila before reddit didn't start to make a big deal out of it
>t. 65 year old chicano

>> No.15352685

>>15347633
Quit LARP'ing retard, the reason they aged it in barrels to begin with was because it made them taste better, before then it wasn't even aged.

>> No.15352703

>>15347765
>>15347742
>>15347725
It would vary...A LOT...."Frontier" whiskey was watered down so it would've probably been around 30-35% instead of the regulated 40% minimum, it would've probably been aged for less than a year, and probably had actual sugar mixed in with it.

>> No.15352732

>>15351750
Evan is way better than Jack on top of being cheaper, and in my opinion is one of the best budget liquors (not just bourbons) in the US period. Just stick with it anon

>> No.15352766

>>15347633
Quit LARP'ing retard, the reason they aged it in barrels to begin with was because it made them taste better, before then it wasn't even aged. My guess is you're probably some 22-24 year old faggot who's try-harding to fit in.

>None of this barrel-aged
Whiskey has been traditionally aged in barrels for the last 200 years.

> oak-flavor
The oak flavor comes from the barrel aging.

>honey-infused bullshit
They literally used to add syrups (molasses/honey) to all kinds of alcohol over the millenia. Moonshiners would literally add apples to barrels of moonshine while they sat.

>nothing is as manly as a bottle of Jack
Ironic, considering it's aged, and then they drip-filter it through sugar maple charcoal.

>No woman has ever dropped her panties for a man who orders Four Roses Special Reserve or what have you
The only woman who's ever dropped her panties for a man drinking whiskey have all been hookers, since whiskey, especially bourbon, was considered the "lower class" drink, up until about 20-30 years ago.

So you can quit pretending.

>> No.15352775

>>15352766
Fooking REKT

>> No.15352778

>>15352766
>>15352775
samefag

>> No.15352824
File: 7 KB, 422x204, a59eaae92502dd5f52a894f96799fb00.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15352824

>>15352778
I never.

>> No.15352847

>>15352824
1 minute in paint

>> No.15352866
File: 347 KB, 627x659, arnie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15352866

>>15347633
jack daniels made me vomit. From that taste, not because I was drinking too fast. Shit tier booze. Get yourself a bottle of jameson or wild turkey, or the expensive shit no one knows the name of.

>> No.15353073

>>15348149
Mary Stuart, ring any bells?

>> No.15353375

>>15350354
>>15347633
Here in Ireland whiskey used to be something the working class drank by necessity, because they had hard lives and were alcoholics. They didn't drink it because they were victims to marketing and thought drinking whiskey was badass. They drank whiskey like the Russians drank vodka in the cold war and still the bar for quality was set far above Jack Daniels. Even a load of impoverished, alcoholic Irishmen wouldn't touch your dogshit meme drink.

>> No.15353379

>>15353375
>>15350354
Didn't mean to reply to this guy but probably kanye. If nothing else his music is wholly his own

>> No.15353391
File: 16 KB, 207x243, 1609650686405.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15353391

>>15352866
Same, but i also drank half a handle and chased it with beer... The only JD product worth anything is the barrel select and at that price I'd pick out something else anyways.

>> No.15353411
File: 26 KB, 104x109, loco.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15353411

>>15353391
how did it get memed into popularity? Honestly, no one really likes it.

>> No.15355388

I usually just get wild turkey 101, jack is disgusting and it's only like 80proof. I honestly don't know anybody who drinks that shit. The only whiskey worse than jack is fucking southern comfort. I have a family so I don't have to look "tough" by drinking absolute shit alcohol.

>> No.15355392

>relying on a drink to drop a woman's panties
OP confirmed wizard

>> No.15355395

>>15347740
Drink rum instead fuckface

>> No.15356813

>>15355392
Re-read the OP.
He doesn't even know how whisky is actually made.
He's either a troll, or spectacularly retarded.

>>
Delete posts
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action