[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 2.57 MB, 2968x2824, Weight-Of_Gluttony.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15023244 No.15023244 [Reply] [Original]

Oh God help me bros. I've been a fatass for most my life and I've only tasted the wonders of maintaining a healthy weight these past couple months after learning some recipes and dieting out on a normal diet. My abs, pitiful as they are, are visible, and I can kip-up like some wannabe acrobat. But now thanks to Halloween I've been on a binge for eight days to today and my calorie surplus has been reaching up to 2000 on average. Some of the items I've consumed.

>Lots of shit cereal
>Lots of milk to go with that shit cereal
>20+ fun-size butterfingers
>20+ fun-size Crunchies
>20+ unbranded chocolate candy bars
>Metric fuckton of salted almonds
>1/4th of that pic-related peanut butter jar
>Metric fuck-ton amount of cashews combined with that peanut-butter jar
>Some terrible processed brownies from Belton

I've been blaming the U.S. food industry and its addictive chemicals so far for putting me back on the binge (once a fat kid, always a fat kid), but I feel like that's been doing more harm than good for my self-discipline and self-control. I don't want to revert back into my fatass days where the joys of cooking are replaced with shit food like pic-related. Give me some harsh truths and motivation to put me back on the path of dietary righteousness and away from my former American tendencies.

>> No.15023394

>>15023244
Just dump all of that processed shit and try to quit snacking.
Two meals a day is pretty ideal, but if you can, try to only have a large dinner.

>> No.15023429

just stop being a fatty, either give all the food to a food bank if its not opened or not super eaten or just throw it away. its literally all designed to be addictive as possible and halloween is the perfect excuse to break back into the addiction. It's only 8 days. my guess is you maybe at most gained 5 pounds. That's a month of dieting and exercising. Don't beat yourself up too hard. this is coming from someone in the same boat as you

>> No.15023692

>>15023244
Cut out all refined sugar. Eat what you have if you wanna, but don't buy or accept any more. Fructose is a hunger causing drug, look up fructolysis. It's the cause of the obesity crisis, eating refined sugar actually makes you MORE hungry than eating nothing.

>> No.15023706

I started binge eating on the 3rd because of the US election, was eating like 5-7k calories a day for three days straight and ruined a potential month of dieting. To always get back on track I fast for the amount of days I binged. I am almost 48 hours into the fast and feeling much better.

I've come to the conclusion that sometimes we as humans fuck up and we need to get back up on the wagon and move past it. The processed food industry is definitely against us and is seeking to make us addicted to food.

Salt+fat+sugar in high quantities is a deadly combination especially when you don't realize what you are eating. The cards are stacked against you and you have to always be vigilant with reading the labels on food.

No matter what always get back on the wagon, just next time make it 5 days instead of 8. The next 3 days instead of 5.

You can make it, we can all make it.

>> No.15023730
File: 71 KB, 554x554, images (12).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Make sure to try fairy bread before you finish your binge.