[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 47 KB, 512x341, unnamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14311801 No.14311801 [Reply] [Original]

So I figure most of us read off our phones but I thought we could share some good methods of how we access recipes while cooking. Including any tools we use that aren't immediately related to cooking but still useful in the kitchen.

So the program I used before was Google Keep. If I'm at my computer I can pull up a browser and write down a recipe idea, groceries (still use it for that) or copy down info from a video I'm watching. All data is synced to my phone immediately and it works offline. Stopped using it because its just not designed well for something like recipes, better for lists.

Right now I'm using Copy Me That on Android and a browser version on PC (similar to google keep). Some cook-blogging faggots tried to take the software down because they thought people were using the software to "steal" their recipes which doesn't even fucking make sense. You can just share recipes you save with other people. Depending on the site layout (like allrecipes) it can immediately copy all the recipe info with a button press. Its got tags, categorization and some extra bullshit like grocery or meal planning shit that I don't use. The only problem is that the software is web-based. So if you're offline you can't view your recipes and the fucking thing can sometimes choke up when loading because its gotta access servers.

I found one other but I can't remember. Felt like the Plex of cooking apps but it was fucking subscription based. I just want something I can have offline that just syncs between my PC where I do all my cooking research and my phone where I read off the recipe.

I also use a google-mini for hands-free timers and basic recipes and info (how to instant-pot rice, rarity for steak etc). Thinking of buying a tablet with a magnet to attach the to fridge and have a cord come around somewhere so it can just stay charged and use it exclusively in the kitchen.

>> No.14311822
File: 100 KB, 620x809, 1548173608925.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14311801
>I figure most of us read off our phones

>> No.14311826

>>14311822
I bet you still use a printer to print yours out, faggot boomer.

>> No.14311834
File: 53 KB, 620x809, 1548173608924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14311826
>I bet you still use a printer to print things out

>> No.14311929

>So I figure most of us read off our phones
Son...

>> No.14312657

I would copy paste a recipe I liked to Samsung notes and email myself it if I really cared. Am I an effortfriend or is this just the best? Good thread anon

>> No.14313188

Sometimes I write my measurements on a Post-It note and stick it to the spice cabinet for easy reference for whatever I'm making at the time.

>> No.14313198

>>14311834
Imagine using a printer in 2020. Hello boomer