[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 86 KB, 608x730, aaa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14166990 No.14166990 [Reply] [Original]

I'm making a General thread for Chinese cooking
Asian fusion is acceptable, but if we can avoid cuisine warring that would be nice.
>favourite dish
>best products
>practical cooking.housekeeping

Pic relate, cheong fun
Very easy, good for vegetarians and has great potential in fusion dishes

>> No.14166999
File: 365 KB, 950x713, proxy-image (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pic relate, Laoganma
Immensely popular condiment, caution is needed as is has a lot of MSG and the soybeans can be an unexpected find in a finished dish.
I only use the original

You can re-fill the jar with fresh oil and use it as a dressing for greens/tofu.
Beware adding it to stir frys as you might be adding insoluble cold oil to hot oil

>> No.14167271

>>14166999
Does it contain gutter oil?

>> No.14167287

>>14167271
It's soybean oil based

>> No.14167324

>>14167287
So you mean you don't even know?

>> No.14167342

>>14166990
I dunno how to make it but SHUI ZHU YU is delicious

>> No.14167357

>>14167287
is definitely does then

>> No.14167444
File: 6 KB, 284x177, proxy-image (3).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14167324
>>14167357
>mfw not allowed to like Chinese food

>> No.14167481
File: 106 KB, 600x902, zongzi-26.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14166990
>favourite dish
Roast suckling pig, peking duck, shrimp dumplings, xiao long bao (soup dumplings, zongzi (glutinous rice dumplings)
>best products
Conpoy (dried scallops), lap cheong (dried sausage), various cooking wines
>practical cooking, housekeeping
Chopped green onions keep longer than whole ones
>>14166999
LGM is a bit too oily for my liking, but it does go well with non-soup noodles

>> No.14167482

>>14167342
Have you tried just using sichuan hot pot paste as the base? It would save a lot of time and generally isn't expensive.

I'm still working on my scallion cakes, while I must have tried a hundred times there's something I just can't get right.

A dish I would recommend if you like sichuan is fried potatoes with pickles. While it doesn't have a proper name it's a based use of left over potato and scales up.
If memory serves there's a guy selling it near 30°40'42.0"N 104°04'34.6"E
...at least he was a couple of years ago

>> No.14167493
File: 19 KB, 852x480, proxy-image (4).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14167481
I was working on a peking duck with the body meat used for fried rice spring rolls and the legs done in a confit of the juice that runs off the duck during baking.
Served as duck, three ways.
We got the spring rolls but the confit never worked.
I often steam lap cheong in my rice cooker and the fat glazes the rice. I made my own sausage once and it's actually easier than italian sausage
>cut onions last longer
Will try.
also:
>my girlfriends face when she walks in on me inflating a duck with a bike pump with a second nailed to a wooden cross drying

>> No.14167515
File: 132 KB, 900x618, IMG_5417.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm Chinese and I just make simple things.

>fried rice
>dumplings from scratch (not that simple actually)
>simple stir fries of meat/veggies (fan chie chao dan is a good example)
>maybe some braised dishes from time to time, mostly hong sao rou

>>14167482

Can you make a basic unleavened dough? For dumplings, noodles, etc.

>>14167493
>>14167481

Are you Chinese btw? Curious seeing as you know so much about the food.

>> No.14167533

>>14167493
The quality of duck here is frozen meh, but the delis and restaurants are good enough that I can't complain. Duck spring rolls are so good.

>>14167515
Yep, came from Guangzhou when I was a wee lad.

Dumplings I like making homemade except for the wrappers, cos frozen dumplings are just MSG bombs.

Tomato and egg with rice is quick, easy, cheap, tasty, and nutritious.

>> No.14167544

>>14166990
>Chinese cooking
well i used to fry burgers on a hotplate.

>> No.14167561

>>14167444
What I remember as chinese food growing up as a young kid in Hong Kong

>turtle/shark fin soup
>fried chicken feet
>pig uterus noodles
>fried rice with pork knuckle gristle
>unidentifed fish balls on a stick
>boiled dog meat
>one time, monkey brains

Americans have no idea how bad it really is. No one in china knows what the fuck beef and broccoli is or sweet and sour pork. Chinese food is disgusting. Literally the worst parts to eat of any animal. Makes sense because chinks are the race of humans closest to animals. They make disgusting noises when they eat, slurp everything, men in the streets lift their fucking wife beaters over their sweaty stomachs while laughing and chewing with their mouths full of food. Like what kind of idiot decided 2 sticks is the most practical way to eat grains of fucking rice. Starving Nigerians who eat grass have a better diet than the average chinese.

>> No.14167598

>>14167515
I find that noodles and dumpling wrappers are the most time consuming to make and provide the least overall benefit.
Usually I make beijing style dandan noodles, fried rice to get rid of leftovers, deep fried long beans, pork dumplings, ants climbing trees, scallion cakes

I just like Chinese food, then discovered the more day-to-day cooking and switched diet completely

>> No.14167600

>>14167561
This reminds me of a pasta I saw in a bread
But actually I don't really like cantonese food

>> No.14167748

How to make east coast chicken/pork/beef fried rice and general tso.

In my travels I’ve noticed west coast Chinese food is absolute garbage tier. Any east coast Chinese restaurants owners will to write me a how to.

There is a Chinese market by me just don’t know what to buy.

>> No.14167758

>>14167748
>west coast of China
wat

Buy dark and light soya, djoubanjiang (fermended bean paste), garlic, ginger, wheat noodles, steam dumplings, instant noodles, rice, eggs, shaoxing rice wine

>> No.14167796

>>14167287
Lao Gan Man uses Caizi You, a chinese variety of rapeseed oil.

>> No.14167806

>>14167758
I was referring to American Chinese restaurants.

I’ll still end up buying your list even though I don’t know any recipes to cook that stuff with.

>> No.14167809

>>14167796
I literally just read it and it says "soybean oil".
Could this be a import/export difference?

I often find in Asian grocers in the west sometimes they will have the Chinese domestic versions, and sometimes they will have the "under licence" or export versions

On a bad day all they will have is lee kum kee, which despite overseas Chinese using is pretty gwailo tier

>> No.14167825

>>14167809
>Could this be a import/export difference?
Come to think of it, i vaguely remember reading that Caizi You is banned in some countries due to a high amount of certain carcinogen or some such. Can't be arsed to look it up tho

>> No.14167844
File: 204 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Have a fantastic Szechuan place around the corner that doesn't shy away from authentic food, and pic related is now one of my favorites

Once I can source some tripe I'll try my hand at making it, but in the mean time I've made some homemade red oil and dan dan noodles. Finding the pickled veg to go with it really changes the balance of the dish and I loved it.

>> No.14167864

>>14167806
Happy to help anon
Foundational skills:
Making "red oil", a common condiment used in many dishes- stores very well and if you avoid buying it you avoid the extra MSG and salt.
deglazing: the Chinese use xiaoxing rice wine or rose wine after browning meats
Stir frying: Using very high heat and cooking things in batches, unlike Europeans who use heavy pans and add things one after the other in the same pan

Daily dishes:
"egg rice", better with steamed greens and leftovers. Has carbs, protein, fiber and cost is negligible.
"Dandan noodles" the universal Chinese noodle dish with hundreds of regional variants, similar dishes exist in all east asian countries.
"deep fried long beans", classic and quick sichuan dish that makes an easy side. Green beans don't work.
"Cheong fun" a thin sheet of rice noodle that is rolled up and steamed, then re-rolled with various fillings.
Super quick and good for using up odd ingredients
"fried potatoes" deep fried potatoes with chinese pickles, indian spices, red onion, rock sugar, soya sauce and green onion. Regional variants, usually a street food.

>> No.14167866

>>14167864
cont.

More effort:
"pork and cabbage dumplings", you can buy the wrappers from the fridge in the Chinese store.
Buying them pre-made is possible but much more expensive. Pro tip: the wrappers can also be used for non-chinese food like polish pierogi or Italian filled pastas.
"scallion cakes" more of a street food/ breakfast snack, I often make them with soup because I have time.
"Steamed fish", good with djoubanjiang, or if you don't like sichuan canton has many recipes
"char sui pork" a glazed pork dish, often bought from a grillhouse my smaller restaurants (as in france) and thinnly sliced
"rice buns" filled with red bean paste, red pork or sweet egg. I keep the latter around for a quick dessert.
"stuffed bitter gourds" an aquired taste, I have yet to acquire it. This is what the retarded looking cucumber in the chinese store is for.

Effortful:
"Peking duck", elaborate and takes several days, usually left for special roasting houses and larger restaurants
"Hot pot", you can make this simply by frying a packet of hotpot mix until fragrant, then cooking meat, vegetables and noodles in that order in the stock. I don't have enough friends to enjoy this dish.

>>14167825
Often I suspect it's just regularots trying to lock out foreign imports

>> No.14167887

>>14166999
Why be cautious of MSG?

>> No.14167888

>>14167844
You can get tripe from any real butcher

When I make red oil I have two jars, so that one can sit for a while to infuse.
The picked veg is a motherfucker because it's so expensive to buy in the west because of it's weight- yet takes some commitment to make.
If I am omitting ya cai I make sure to add some black vinegar to roughly compensate- in some dishes the vinegar is important chmically

Lotus root is totally based, somehow always being crunchy even if boiled in a soup- great for textural variety.
It also freezes well so you shouldn't worry about buying it frozen. Slice it as thick as you would a tomato.

If you are not afraid of offal, Yunan makes some amazing grilled vegetables/intestines with complex marinates often using yellow mustard, fragrant peppers, garlic and other wizardry.
A personal favourite of mine is marinaded grilled chickens heart- some places sell them for like $2 a bag as dog food- just ask if they are food grade. I have no idea what the Chinese do with chicken liver, I may have had it in noodles once or twice.

>> No.14167895

>>14167887
Ah, when you buy pre-prepared products the manufacturers always add extra salt, sugar, MSG.
The reason is simply because it makes the sauce taste better out of the bottle and is cheaper to produce by weight.
The issue is when adding several pre-made products together, it's very easy to inadvertently compound this and end up with food that tastes like it came from noodle box. You won't always be able to find some sauces/condiments that are clean- and its easy to add MSD, rock sugar and salt later, hence I always avoid them.
I advocat ethis approach to all cuisines

>> No.14167910
File: 40 KB, 320x212, 2596634899_f1c245bcfa_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ubiquitous Yunnan grill
you pick your skewers and marinade, then they grill them for you.
Favourites of mine include lotus root, garlic, marinated tofu and intestine
As in Yapan this is often a late night drinking snack

Forgive low res pic, high res is too large

>> No.14167913

>>14167887
because it makes boomers think they have a headache and other random ailments

>> No.14167957

>>14167910
I watch a lot of Chinese food shows, and skewers -both grilled, and hotpot style- is what I'm envious most. Also wanna have fresh bamboo shoots badly.

>> No.14167962

>>14167957
They are nice, but add more arome to the shop than the food.
There's no reason you can't grill with metal skewers which won't absorb moisture either, or grill with other native woods.
A good tip is to just soak the regular bamboo skewers you buy in water for a while.

Some chefs grill with lemongrass as skewers, but I think it's more a malay thing.
It plates very niceley though
I wont start on what Chinese outside of China eat

>> No.14168024
File: 54 KB, 924x924, proxy-image (7).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Words on tofu:
In China I must have had 15 different kinds of tofu, and despite the vegan-hipster westerners adopting it few people really understand it.
First of all it's cheap. At a chinese grocery store you can buy half a kilo for like 2$, understanding that changes things as we move forward.
Second it's high in protein, so you may consider using it as a dietary supplement if you do not use dried beans or eggs.

>Storage:
Tofu should be kept submerged in it's own liquid, or water- it's OK to add water to a pack after taking some tofu out.
>Procedure:
Firm tofu: place it between two chopping boards with a pot full of water to press it, you will be surprised how much liquid comes out- If you do not do this the tofu will not be able to absorb flavoured liquids (including marinades)- but you may not find it strictly necessary for some dishes.
Conceivably one might press, marinade, grill and then cook in a hot pot.
This is the only type of tofu which can be grilled.
Silken tofu: usually added for texture to other dishes- typically soups
liquid tofu: added to soup as the french would add cream.
textured tofu: a speciality of bhudhist Chinese, very good imitation meat, often testured like motzarella to imitate specific cuts of meat. Treat as firm tofu.
Blue/stinky/fermented tofu: surprisingly popular, added to noodle and soup dishes. Don't grill it

Tofu can also be used in surprising a variety of western dishes like pasta, scrambled eggs, as a sauce thickener, in metze or on cold salads.
In a pinch you can also use it as a substitute for potato or even paneer- you might do this to facilitate vegans, to add more protein or simply to lower costs

>> No.14168032

>chinese food
>worms
>bugmen shit themselves over how good the worms are
eat shit
then again you already do

>> No.14168086

>>14167515
I hope you know the world hates you. And rightfully so

>> No.14168123
File: 30 KB, 450x300, wok.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Words on the wok:
This piece of kitchen-ware has suffered more abuse than any other, so let me help you all out. Please forgive my spelling as I've been on the millet whiskey

First lets look at the basic characteristics of a wok.
It's wide and shallow- so it's good for deep frying small things, but will spit terribly and loose temperature if you try to fry large things
It has low thermal mass/ is thin: so it needs high heat and is unsuited to cooking things for a long time
And thus is born the stir fry, the primary purpose of the wok.

Though let me say up front, that despite being unsuited for many tasks- the wok can perform more roles than any other pan I have encountered (that's basically all of them) and can be seen as the kalashnikov of pans.

basic skills:
seasoning: clean the pan thoroughly, heat till below smoking point, then rub high smoking point oil into it; repeat several times. This basically puts oil into the tiny cracks in the metal, giving the pan a non-stick coat. This can be avoided, but an unseasoned wok is prone to some issues and this will become apparent procedurally later on.
Technique: unlike a regular pan, things can be dragged to the outside of the wok to slow their cooking significantly or to keep items warm.
Flambe: The chinese generally deglaze with xiauxing rice wine, or for a VERY large flambe they use bijiau (60% ABV) which should be done with great caution.
Steaming: A fine citcular metal mesh is available to stop oil splashing out of the Wok (as it has shallow sides), this can be used with and suitably sized lid to steam vegetables. Though this is not a great use of a wok it works fine. You can also sit a bamboo steamer directly on top of a Wok, as the edged of a wok are not very hot and bamboo does not burn easily

>> No.14168125

>>14167809
>On a bad day all they will have is lee kum kee, which despite overseas Chinese using is pretty gwailo tier

you sound like a gwailo-tier gwailo, with a gwailo face and a chink-gwailo name, act like an edgy boy unlike the other gwailos, so he could make himself look like a chink
you will never be a chink that noticed by winnie the pooh, gwailo

>> No.14168151

>>14168123
cont.

How to stir fry:
Heat is the key. You must use gas, charcoal or wood fire to heat a wok sufficiently. Induction simply fails to heat woks because of the shape and low thermal mass- electric stoves will also fail abysmally.
Heat the wok to smoking point and dry-try and spices you would have in the indian manner, then set aside. also cook any special condiments here.
Add more oil than you would for European cooking (canola/penut is safe) then heat ABOVE smoking point. Many western cheft are uncomfortable heating a pan beyond smoking point but you will see why we do this soon.
First flavour the oil by cooking aromatics like onion/ginger- this will take litteraly 5 seconds.
Scrape this to the edge of the wok and add meat, again the oil will rapidly transfer heat to the meat.
When this is done take this out of the wok and re-heat th oil
Add vegetables, nuts.
After add greens, fresh noodles.
Finally recombine ingredients and add sauces. If you add sauces or marinaded ingredients earlier they are liable to burn onto the wok and spit.

When you get used to the Wok, you can use several techniques to cook a complex meal with one pan
>>14168125
Yes, I am the Chinese equivalent of a weeaboo, a sinophile.
I have a Chinese GF and read the Tao Tse Ching and spent a year being called gwailao/lowai/EE-kuay and welcome our new overlords.
At least I can cook

>> No.14168231

>>14167825
If he loves chinese food, let him be.
China made a bunch of "food", like powdered milk can cause development of a swollen head, for BABIES!!!
They dare to fuck with the food for their next generation!!!

I am sure there are multiple chinese brand beverage can cause and will cause penis shrinkage.
Then he will be pleased that he has the same size like average chinese.
He will be a happy, satisfied man, because he is suffering with chinese.
"STAND WITH CHINA!!"
"Xi is the greatest leader who made my peepee shrink!!!"

>> No.14168419

>>14167561
this fucking pasta again.
well, who cares. HK will be dead soon as a culture.

>> No.14168534 [DELETED] 
File: 48 KB, 900x473, 680749d62e0c62ab6c0a5e5a5d327714.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ching Chong ding dong.

>> No.14168573

>>14168534
jesus
hope chinks nuke hk soon.

>> No.14169042

>>14168151
>Yes, I am the Chinese equivalent of a weeaboo, a sinophile.
Is this a thing? I personally like traditional Chinese culture and history, but I'm also a non-Chinese. I'm also a weeb in general so maybe I'm just an autist.

>> No.14169045

Crispy beef
Satay beef
Singapore chow mein
Prawn crackers
Simple as

>> No.14169064

I wish you could get better chinese breakfast options in the US. I just want some yuenyeung man.

>> No.14170076

>>14169064
Yeah, some fresh soy milk and fritters would be nice

>> No.14170117

>>14169042
>is this a thing?
not really, most people are completely ignorant about not only china, but korea, singapore, malaysia, taiwan, myanmar etc.
>>14169045
shame.
shame on take out trash-eaters

>> No.14170387

Anyone have a good cookbook for authentic old school American-Cantonese Chinatown food?

Not authentic Chinese food from X province that people in China and rich Chinese FOBs eat, not PF Chang's copy cat, not Chinese food for gweilo.

>> No.14170644

>>14170387
I have literally no idea what you are asking
>American-Cantonese fusion
>not what they sell Americans
>not traditional either
>wants old school
wat

You mean like your sweet and sour soup, frozen shrimp rice dumplings, cheong fun, shark fin soup etc?
It's really just regular Cantonese food where expensive/unobtainable condiments are substituted for more available ones.
Just try to make Cantonese with what you can find and that's basically it

>> No.14170732

>>14170644
>not what they sell Americans
Not what they sell gweilo. What they sell to Cantonese-Americans. Not what they sell to FOB rich kids from HK/Shanghai/Beijing, or white foodies looking for Chinese food as prepared in Sichuan.

There used to be a time Chinese (Cantonese) people lived in America in Chinatowns and ate Chinese-American food. It's Americanized food, but for Americanized Chinese people, not gweilo. It has a tradition that stretches back generations for over a century.

>Just try to make Cantonese with what you can find and that's basically it
No, it's not, not at all, unless you want an 1850's version of this food. The food is highly Americanized, more than just using broccoli instead of Asian greens. There are dishes unique to Chinese-American cuisine not found in China. The cooking is highly influenced by the abundance of American ingredients and there is a signifigantly higher degree of fried and sweetened food. Even the dim sum is different, modern HK dim sum has changed since it was adopted by Chinatowns, even though the dim sum isn't gweilo food.

To a Chinese person from China, it looks like gweilo food, and it's certainly closer to gweilo food than traditional Cantonese peasant starvation diets. Gweilo food is based off of Cantonese-American fusion. Again, this is a cuisine that has a history of over a century (previously known as "Chinese food" in America), this is not the same as modern Sichuan or whatever fusion. For a long time, this food was not served to gweilo, gweilo didn't eat it, it was purely for the consumption of Chinese-Americans.

It is not traditional Cantonese food at all. It is not just Cantonese food with American substitutions. The dishes are more or less the same as gweilo food, but the seasoning and balance is different because they were adapted to better suit the tastes of gweilos. I want the Chinese-American food before it became gweilo food like PF Chang's.

>> No.14170790

>>14170644
>>14170732
Basically there's Chinese American food (sweet and sour deep fried pork chunks with pineapple) that's served in Chinatown where 95% of the patrons are Chinese, and there's sweet and sour deep fried pork chunks with pineapple seasoned for gweilo.

Looking for authentic Chinese cooking gets you actual authentic dishes from China, which is fine, I make that too, but I also have no problem finding recipes for that. Looking for Americanized sweet and sour pork recipes gets you gweilo recipes with random additions like sherry, butter, honey and other things gweilo think taste Asian and the ratio of ingredients is wrong and usually lacks any balance.

>> No.14170840

>>14166990
I'm half-Chinese. My Dad taught me a few dishes but mostly I use my intuition and Google to come up with recipes. So while I never make these now, here's two dishes my Dad taught me:

Bai qie ji:
Prepare a dipping sauce by blending ginger, scallion, oil, salt and some water
Poach a chicken in water until barely cooked (meat should be silky)
Use a cleaver to chop into pieces, chopping through bones
Serve with rice and and dipping sauce

"Mee gow" (never found this online so not sure what it is in Mandarin)
Add flour to mixing bowl
Add some hot or boiling water
Add some cold water
Stir to form a dough and rest for 30 minutes
Boil some water or stock
Tear off pieices of dough (wet your hands so it doesn't stick) and throw into water to form dumplings
Serve with a side fried lettuce with soy sauce

>> No.14170857

>>14170790
Why do you write it like a retard so it isn't understandable?

>> No.14170923

>>14170857
Shut your face ESL.
At least I can cook.

>> No.14171026

>>14170857
You literally just started making up things that weren't said in your greentext.

>> No.14171056

>>14170857
Yea, I had no idea what he was going on about either.

>> No.14171115

>>14171056
>>14170857
It's always really hard to explain to Chinese people living in China and white people that there's Chinese American food that Chinese Americans actually eat that isn't the same as food as eaten in China. Inexplicably, neither white people not Chinese people living in China believe there are any Chinese people living in America, or that they only eat "authentic" Chinese food.

Like you/someone got ">not what they sell Americans" from not what they sell to gweilo. To you guys there's only "authentic" food like they sell in China, but most people couldn't afford 3 generations ago ago, or Americanized Chinese food. There's a distinct difference between Americanized Chinese places that mostly serve Chinese people and Americanized Chinese that mostly serve white people, especially in the use of aromatics and fermented sauces.

>> No.14171268

>>14170732
I think I kinda understand what you mean. Theres a foodcourt chinese plaza near my house that is frequented by cantonese regulars, the stalls all cook various dishes that arent exactly "authentic" like dishes originating from China. Theres this one dish I like that is ho fun with black bean sauce, onions, beef slices, and chopped green/red peppers, all stir fried together with a thick tasty sauce.

>> No.14171972

>>14170387
>>14170732
Do you mean cha chaan teng/HK cafe food like brick toast, beef brisket instant noodles, pineapple buns with spam?

>> No.14172018

Giving the thread another little kick

I can't seem to find an image, but I would like to put a word in for dextrose.
While I can't find any pictures or recipies, I believe the use of raw sugar and refined sucrose is inadequate for glases.

When I roast meat, I make my glaze with dextrose sugar.
The first application I found was char sui, where the addition of the dextrose to the honey produced a thicker glaze without adding the volume of sugar which ordinary sugars would.
This application is know for cakes to achieve a mirror glaze- but rarely applied to meat and especially not to cured meats.
I am still working on an exact recipie, but I have had promising inital results in applying a mixed dextrose/honey glaze to American smoked hams and to Chinese Char sui pork.

One issue you run into immediately is the density of the mixture, It tends to separate immediately which makes it difficult to get an even coat
Repeated string is insufficient, as the mixture separates on the brush itself.
I found the best answer was to apply an undercoat with the honey, then layer the dextrose over it

>> No.14172568

>>14172018
try gula melaka.
https://www.saveur.com/palm-sugar-malaysian-gula-melaka-recipes/

>> No.14172749 [DELETED] 

>>14168086
chinese people themselves are good people just like anyone else, the problem lies with their government and it's policies

you're not a brainlet, are you?

>> No.14172828

>>14172749
>chinese people themselves are good people just like anyone else
Totally.
That's why they let the little girl run over by cars, several times.
It's problem of their government and it's policies.

You are not a brainlet, no doubt.

>> No.14172850 [DELETED] 
File: 1.30 MB, 276x276, 1588622021259.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14172828
you're right, their culture is fucked up and backwards, but when some dumb bitch says some fag shit like

>I hope you know the world hates you. And
rightfully so

>The world hates you
>you
Being who? An individual chinese? Eat shit.

wrong, the culture needs a reform and their government should be dismantled

>> No.14172861

Szechuan Stir Fry is pretty much great on anything. Made a nice Tuna Steak yesterday and I almost botched it but I saved it.

>> No.14172869 [DELETED] 

>>14172850
I am not even the kid saying he hates everyone, but you sure are a chink wannabe.
Go eat bats and contribute to CCP's murdering spree.

>> No.14172880 [DELETED] 

>>14172869
no, the ccp should burn and chinese culture is backwards. what are you even trying to say?

>> No.14172905 [DELETED] 

>>14172880
>you sure are a chink wannabe.
Learn to read, brainlet.
Wuhan virus got your brains and you need to larp harder as a chink to get cure.

>> No.14172912 [DELETED] 

>>14172905
you dumb nigger, you clearly haven't read a single one of my posts

>> No.14173100 [DELETED] 

>>14172912
You are a brainlet, and you love sucking xi's dick. What are you even trying to say?

>> No.14173163 [DELETED] 

>>14173100
read>>14172850

>ccp is evil and chinese culture is backwards
>individual chinese people are not to blame, that's retarded

>> No.14173329

>>14173163
read>>14172869

Brainlet the chink wannabe.

>> No.14173338
File: 456 KB, 552x674, eric.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14166990
all of it is shit, simple as.

>> No.14173457 [DELETED] 

>>14166990
Fuck Chinese 'food'. All these threads are now is fucking shilling for the CCP. Don't think we can't see what you're up to, Chang.

>> No.14173462 [DELETED] 

>>14172749
> chinese people themselves are good people
lmao. Sure. They aren't 'people' - they're pure fucking filth and every single one of them should be obliterated off the face of the earth.

>> No.14174706 [DELETED] 

>>14172912
>"n*ggers"
>apparently racist
>b..b..but ch*nks themselves are good people!!! just like anyone else!!!
>can't even be consistent about it
do you know why I know you are shilling for ccp? go eat bat shit, retard
you are a hypocrite for that 50 cents and your brain should be dismantled

>> No.14174870

>>14167913
lols I was going to post this.
In the 90's MSG was blamed for blase health problems. Overall it's good to check your long-hold ingredients like spice mixes or sauces to make sure you don't super saturate your food. Usually I just check for ratios of sugar and salt since they're in everything.

>> No.14174879

>>14166990
>cheong fun
Best part of Dim Sum.

>> No.14174926
File: 537 KB, 1024x747, Zhaliang.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>14174879
Make sure to try Zhaliang (jaléung in Cantonese). It's Cheong Fun wrapped around youtiao (not sure how this is romanized in Cantonese). Quality varies widely but it's worth trying at least once for each Dim Sim place you go to.

>> No.14175059

I like a nice simple chicken chow mein

>Wok, nice and hot
>Sesame oil
>Chopped chicken - make sure it's cut fairly thin so you can cook it quickly
>Give it a nice coating of five spice on both sides, and a touch of salt
>When it's fully white add in the veggies:
>Garlic, chillis, bok choi, beansprouts, red peppers, spring onions
>Fresh egg noodles
>Oyster sauce, lots - I recommend LKK Panda, but if you can't get that then just make sure it's actual oyster sauce and not oyster flavour
>Sweet soy sauce (a bit) and sherry (a bit)

Tastes beautiful and can be done in 20 minutes easy. Pro-tip: if you find it's sticking to the wok, do not add more oil, add a touch of water, it'll unstick it then evaporate almost immediately.

>> No.14176208

>>14174926
Jaleung is great when they get it right, and the rice noodle wrap is thin but with a bit of bounce, and the fritter is airy and crispy.

>> No.14176249

>>14175059
>low oil non hk style cow mein
Get fucked mainlander

>> No.14176353

>>14174926
>cheong fun wrapped around youtiao
holy shit I've never even heard of this. I've only seen cheong fun wrapped around fish paste and fu chuk wtf
why isn't this more common in SEA fuck