[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 60 KB, 1280x720, burger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
14110842 No.14110842 [Reply] [Original]

Is it just me or does fast food taste way worse nowadays? I remember things tasting much better in the past. Sure you could use "nostalgia" as an argument, or say that our taste buds change over time, but I'm very certain that the food itself must have changed at some point. McDonald's used to have better burgers and Burger King used to have amazing chicken nuggets. And I think soy might be the reason. Back in the early 2000s I don't remember soy lecithin being plastered on every label. I don't remember when food corporations started pumping soy and plant filler into their foods, but I don't know what else could have caused the decline in fast food quality. Not just with burger joints too, Taco Bell is way worse nowadays and all the pizza chains taste mediocre at best now. What the fuck happened?

>> No.14110847

>>14110842
look into the regulation that has happened over the years. the food has more real shit in it these days and they've had to get around not using the fake flavour enhancers.

but also you've grown up and your taste buds have changed.

>> No.14110852

>>14110842
Taco Bell is still pretty good, but there aren't any edible fast food burgers anymore.

>> No.14110862

honestly I think it has more to do with a decline of wagie quality
the white mcdonald's near me is good like it was decades ago but not the other places further down the fast food strip

>> No.14110863

>>14110842
Kids have twice as many taste buds

>> No.14110887

how big of a difference does the oil make

(((they))) campaigned to stop fast food from frying in animal fat and to stop movie theaters from using palm oil because they had saturated fats

>> No.14110926

>>14110842
it's because of cost-cutting. older chains have already hit their peak market so the only way to keep up annual growth is to start cheaping out on ingredient quality. kind of like how doc martens boots got shittier after they moved production from britain to vietnam

>> No.14110984

It's because they tried to make everything "healthier" about ten years ago.