[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 671 KB, 1080x1096, Bb ipa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13868788 No.13868788 [Reply] [Original]

Is this beer worth trying? For someone not into IPAs because they taste soapy

>> No.13868860

>>13868788
Have you tried Rebel IPA? I used to drink it a bunch of years ago, and I don't recall getting the soapy taste from it.
Also, I don't know if they make it anymore, but Dogfish Head IPA was really good.

>> No.13869352

>>13868788
I had one of these last night. I thought it was pretty good but if you don’t enjoy IPAs I don’t think you’ll like it, it still tastes like an IPA

>> No.13869750

>>13868788
Maybe. First thing about IPAs is DRINK THEM FRESH AND CHECK CAN DATES. I can't stress this enough, most people who think that they don't like IPAs think this because they've never had one fresher than a few months old. You really only want to buy cans that are less than a month old; the fresher the better.

I'd more suggest New England IPAs 'NEIPAs' or hazy IPAs for someone trying to get into IPAs. They are more about a lot of juicy fruity hop quality with low bitterness rather than the traditional West Coast earthiness and pine. New Englands can be thicker, which not everyone likes, but they're not soapy at all.

That being said, some regular American style IPAs can be quite fruity despite being bitter.

Even better, just ask the guy at your local beer store for advice.

>> No.13869761

>>13869750
Better yet, dont drink ipa because it is shitty fagjuice and the nectar of faggots