[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 478 KB, 650x366, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13858972 No.13858972 [Reply] [Original]

I just got in a huge fight over how I make my list.

>> No.13858977

so you come to /ck/ to start another one huh

>> No.13858990

What happened is a long story.

For my grocery list, I just write a story as the month goes on. For example, if I need chicken breasts, coconut cream pie and hot sauce, I'll write down I need big breasts with whipped cream and something hot to burn the eyes of my enemies.

With every new item, I'll just add new sentences to the story to represent them. To any other reader, it'd seem I have a nonsensical story, but I know "magic groundhog spice" would mean MSG. Seawolf Snacks, Reserved Alcohol, and so on, it's a fun game to play I think.

I had a guest over and while I was in the bathroom, he took my grocery list off the fridge and threw it away. I noticed right away because I went to my fridge to get a cup of water. I asked him where my grocery list went and he asked me what I was talking about. I told him the paper I had stuck on my fridge by a magnet is gone and it was here five minutes ago. Then he told me he threw it away and that he was doing me a favour. So I just went over to the trash and got it out and put it back. Then he started speaking more aggressively. He told me I'd be better off leaving it in the trash where it belongs.

"No, I'll be better off being able to remember what groceries to buy." I said.

"I'm telling you that people will be upset that you have that on your fridge." He said

"Are you upset by it?" I asked.

"Other people are going to be upset about it." He said.

"Well, if the day ever comes that these 'other people' are upset, I'll deal with it then." I said.

"You're going to get in trouble if you have it written down where everyone can see that you want to kill women." He said.

"That just means I have to buy deodorant." I said.

"I'm telling you it's rude to have that up. I'm trying to help you." He said.

"Well, I don't need your help okay." I said.

>> No.13858993

>>13858990

So he left in a huff, but one thing I didn't know until later was he photographed the story before throwing it away. I saw it on facebook though, him posting the story and making me out to be a misogynistic murderer.

So, I just went to the comments section and played dumb. I said I've never seen that piece of paper before in my life and I accused him of being the author of it and for some reason he made up this whole story just to make me look bad.

More people took my side, cause my version of events made a bit more sense than his nonsensical story about a murderous grocery list. I think he got what he deserved for invading my privacy and for some reason trying to demonize me.

>> No.13859050

>>13858972
I don’t ‘make lists’ because I’m neither a woman nor a fucking poofter. I just think of the things I need before going then I go down each aisle and remember it. Easy as that.

>> No.13859071

>>13858972
I just write things down as I think of them on the back of old receipts, its not a complicated system but its damn effective. As I find things I just cross them off. Easy peasy.

>> No.13859097

>>13859076
u r mum is infected

>> No.13859101

>>13859098
Looks like some mod or admin thing

>> No.13859108
File: 10 KB, 300x217, Matt_Dillon-Marshall-Drop_On_You.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13859098

>> No.13859223

>>13858990
That's a good proven technique for remembering things, but that also means you shouldn't have to write it down so there's probably something wrong with your brain.

>> No.13859232

>>13858993
Wow. The fucking drama of all this. The way you talk about him is weird. Were you fucking him?

>> No.13859236

I look at what I need to use up (I only cook for myself so I end up with a lot of random halves of things like red onion or packages of sausage), I write a meal plan for the month, then I write down what I need to make those meals. I change little things up in the store (proteins/veggies in a dinner) based on whatever sales are going on.

>> No.13859240

I just get whatever is cheap at the time and decide what to use and how to use it when I'm making my meals. For household necessities that aren't food, I just get a bunch when I see them on sale and never run out.