[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.07 MB, 460x186, ego flashback.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13553370 No.13553370 [Reply] [Original]

Foods that make Pic related happen:

For me any time I eat a cheese enchilada from my favorite mexican restaurant. It instantly sends me back to when I was a kid and we would go out to eat at a restaurant that no longer exists that I ate at for 39 years.

>> No.13553387

>>13553370
Family favorite was an Italian restaurant near us that had delightful twists of bread with that pourover garlic oil, big chunks of coarse salt and garlic chunks caught up in the twists between the rolls. TDF

So, whenever I go to any Italian, I'm right back comparing the rolls, twists, garlic bread, knots, to the image in my mind and comfy family night out. I think my favorite Italian was destroyed in Hurricane Andrew and never rebuilt, but they had a solid 25 years of reputation before that.

>> No.13553451

>>13553370
A really good cheese crisp will take me back to when I was a kid and my dad and I would go to a local (and very large) swap meet. He would buy me a cheese crisp from one of the vendors it was the best cheese crisp I ever had.

Also a salad with a good thousand island dressing takes me back to when my parents would go to a place called "pullman's pies" they were small restaurants built inside of old train cars. they served apple pies, sandwiches and the first salad I ever ate.

>> No.13553475

>>13553370
Long ago, the wife and I lived in suburban Chicago, very near a Gino's East. Ate there two times a month, maybe a little more. Moved to Minnesota a decade+ ago, so when we get a chance to get to Chicago and have Gino's it sends us both back to when we were first married, struggling a bit and had no kids.

Good times.