[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.85 MB, 3264x2448, DSC02271.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13540497 No.13540497 [Reply] [Original]

Why do people think it's hard to eat hard shell tacos? All it takes is a little eating competence to eat one with minimal breaking or spilling, all the way to the final bite.

>> No.13540522

>>13540497
Why would you buy a hard shell taco when double stacked tacos are cheaper?

>> No.13541291

>>13540522
That is obviously a limited edition item. I used to order Double Deckers all the time when they were a regular item, they were not cheaper however.

These new Double Stacked ones are just another "loss leader" type specialty thing they'll take away in a month before replacing it with like THE RETURN OF THE STUFFED NACHO or RETURN OF NACHO FRIES or whatever new they can think up to drive up hype.

>> No.13541303

>>13541291
>just another "loss leader" type specialty thing they'll take away in a month
And? It's literally a hard shell taco with extra stuff for less money. I'm sure you could ask for it without the extra sauces and tortilla and they'd be happy to do less work to give you less ingredients, yet you still insist on paying more because it's going to be gone a month from now? You're legit retarded, OP.

>> No.13541320

>>13540497

Why order hard anyway?

>> No.13541334

>>13540497
double stacked tacos are the way of the future.

>> No.13541355

>>13541320
>Why order hard anyway?

I've never seen a soft taco in my life.
t. Brit

>> No.13541366

>>13541303
My point is, it's not going to be here forever so it's not a "replacement" for regular crunchy tacos. That doesn't change the age old complaint from the inept that hard shell tacos are impossible to eat without breaking. Same goes for people who don't know how to eat wings/ribs without making a mess or people who don't know how to squeeze down tall sandwiches.

>>13541334
Double Deckers were better IMO, the beans made for a heftier taco than some extra cheese.

>> No.13541399

>>13541366
>it's not going to be here forever so it's not a "replacement" for regular crunchy tacos
It's literally the exact same thing for less money, and like I said, you can ask them not to include the extra stuff. If you don't order 90% of your Taco Bell from the limited run loss-leaders and the dollar menu you're doing it wrong.

>> No.13541409

>>13541355

Or a sharp knife or toothbrush but they exist.

>> No.13541426

>>13541399
>If you don't order 90% of your Taco Bell from the limited run loss-leaders and the dollar menu you're doing it wrong.
So what if you buy the Party Taco Boxes that are soft or hard, or the regular 5 Dollar Box meals that regularly come with either regular or Dorritos hard shell tacos?

Furthermore, none of the best items are ever on the dollar menu, being the Cheesey Gordita Crunch, Chalupas, and Quesadillas. They know how to play the game....the best stuff is always more expensive unless they put it in a box for a limited time.

>> No.13541454

>>13541426
>what if you buy the Party Taco Boxes that are soft or hard
Those have been on "sale" for like 6 months and they're still over a dollar per taco.
>or the regular 5 Dollar Box meals
Those are rarely a deal unless they include a 5 layer (since they raised the price) and one other thing that's decent. Paying for a "meal" that includes a sugar water you're just going to take two sips of and throw in the trash is dumb.
>none of the best items are ever on the dollar menu
It's all pretty much the same, and meant to be customized to your taste. They make money off of retards like you who can't think for themselves.

>> No.13541517

>>13541454
I'd go check how much it would cost to order a Double Stack Taco, minus flour tortilla plus Gordita shell, plus spicy ranch, plus three cheese blend inside the shell, minus nacho cheese, but honestly I'm not that much of a penny pincher, I'll just get the damned Gordita box whenever they have it because Baja Blast is actually good, and just swap the Cinnamon Toast Crunch for Nachos

And whatever, regular tacos are 29 cents more than the dollar menu, it's hardly an issue and if it is, you shouldn't be ordering fast food you should be stockpiling Ramen and like beans and rice or some shit

>> No.13541588

>>13541517
Spicy ranch is 30 cents and 3 cheese blend costs 45, and it costs nothing to remove items. I have no idea how much it would cost to add a gordita shell because those are disgusting and the thought never crossed my mind, but even if they charged $2 extra (which is absurd) it would still be substantially cheaper than just ordering the Cheesy Gordita Crunch.
>honestly I'm not that much of a penny pincher
It's not about being a penny pincher; I just don't think you should be ordering fast food at real restaurant prices. As much as it's a mis-characterization of many of my views, I'd honestly say that you're a good example of why poor people stay poor.

>> No.13541632

>>13541588
>I just don't think you should be ordering fast food at real restaurant prices
I don't know a restaurant I can get a meal for five bucks and no tip.

And also, that kind of overcustomization shit at fast food places is a pain in the ass and will likely have you pulling over to the side to wait for it, and no guarantee that they won't fuck it up because the employees are mostly dumb kids who were taught how to make pre designated shit like an assembly line, unless you go through all your shit there, and then if they did fuck it up you send it back and have to wait even longer which at this point defeats the purpose of just getting some fast food and risks you having your food spit on....just not worth it to me.

No, the best customization is shit you can do yourself. I usually order soft tacos and pintos and cheese and spoon them into it, maybe some extra sauces. I do shit like that, but I try not to make a hassle for the min wage disgruntled teens making this shit.

>> No.13542967

>>13541291
Dude where do you live? Double decker tacos are on the menu at every taco bell I've been to.