[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 116 KB, 497x346, red-beets.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13540492 No.13540492 [Reply] [Original]

I feel like I want to have some freshly pressed red beets every morning. But I juicer I have is too hard to clean, I'm not going to bother with this insanity just because I want half a cup of beet juice real quick.
My smoothie maker is trash too, doesnt make the pieces nearly small enough fast enough. By the time it's done, the result is a scaling hot soup in a shitty plastic container.

I dont know, is it too much to ask for to have some kind of simple pressing device that takes a red beet and gives me some juice from that? I only want to wash it out with tap water and maybe wipe it once. If there is still any residue in there, it's not good enough. I cant leave partly cleaned stuff outside, I have cockcroaches due to turk and african neighbors. They dont come to my apartement because everything is plastic bagged but they will if I leave a juicer with tiny bits of food and juice out to dry.

So is there a solution or no?

>> No.13540498

>>13540492
>I feel like I want to have some freshly pressed red beets every morning. But I juicer I have is too hard to clean, I'm not going to bother with this insanity just because I want half a cup of beet juice real quick.
/thread
can i unsubscribe from this

>> No.13540502

>>13540498
so you're telling me that engineers are too stupid to make a device that presses juice without leaving a mess?

>> No.13541131

>>13540502
juicero

>> No.13541140

>>13540492
Just chuck some soil in a cup of water and stir it up. It tastes much the same.

>> No.13541473

>>13540492
>I feel like I want to have some freshly pressed red beets every morning

The "I'm gay btw" post will be entirely uneccessary ITT.

>> No.13541509

>>13540492
Purchase or make your own beet kvass.

It's is basically fermented beet liquid and very healthy. That way you can keep a gallon jug in your fridge and have 4-8 oz every day.

>> No.13541516

>>13540492
You can't have it both ways.
Either press your juices the night beforehand when you have time to properly clean a stupid juicer, fresh your juice and move to the fridge overnight to thaw slowly, or don't make it at all?

If you don't mind the fiber, a blender is quite easily cleaned with hot water, and a couple drops of soap. Whirl up the sudsy water, rinse, park in your drainer. You can take it apart either/or, or not at all.

Consider cooked cold caramelized and delicious leftover roasted veggies instead.
Try enjoying roasted baby beets you can roast by the trayful in the oven, with other delicious baby veggies, and smashing em up on some toast with some avocado, drizzle of olive oil, some chia, wheat germ, korean paste, crunchy chili oil, soy protein powder or whatever weird shit you're doing for a diet right now. Add roasted beets to hard boiled egg salad, add curry powder, glorious. Pickle them with some cabbage and kimchee up your morning rice noodle or soup.

In other words, you dont have to just drink your vitamins.

Shitty neighbors mean you need to keep poison out for bugs, seal all the cracks, and complain about it to management so their apts get sprayed and at least inspected.

>> No.13541555

>>13540492
>beet juice
>easy to clean
Forget it. You've chosen hardmode, now you need to accept the required effort.

>> No.13541742
File: 3.19 MB, 2200x1901, 1571584510851.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>13540492
they dont belong anywhere other than on hamburgers or in a tupperware container on the table at lunch at your grandma's place

>> No.13541760

just move to a better place