[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 13 KB, 213x160, Pizzeria_Uno_Chicago-style_deep-dish_pizza.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
13534064 No.13534064 [Reply] [Original]

what keeps the oil coating the cast iron from going rancid?

other question:
when you use the cast iron to heat tortillas, all the oil gets burned to char. do i have to re-season the pan after this? if i dont, will it make the next meal taste like char?

3. what should i use to slice slices of deepdish inside my cast iron?

4. would adding pickled vegtables to the end of a sautee of veggie then deglaze the pan if you did it near the end? how would it change the taste of the pickled veggies?

>> No.13534069

>>13534064
>what keeps the oil coating the cast iron from going rancid?
That's why you put it in the oven at max temperature to polymerize the oil. Only retards coat the pan in uncooked oil before storing it.

>> No.13534256

>>13534064
take it out of the cast iron first is the best option. Otherwise use a knife you don't care about.

>> No.13534348

What is the most reliable way to start sourdough starter?
Speed isn't critical i just want a real good starter

>> No.13534357

>>13534348
Letting it sit out is reliable, via yeast in air. It's the oldest method. It will take a bit.

>> No.13534391

>>13534064
For 4, depends on the veggie that was pickled. I used to sautee those spicy pickled yellow peppers and add them to eggs, shit was good. It's pretty similar to just cooking the raw vegetable form of the pickle. I'm not sure how pickled onions would turn out sauteed though and as for deglazing, I feel like you'd need to add a decent amount of pickle liquid to do so