[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 553 KB, 1000x737, 4693b9ae-5319-4a3d-84ff-1abfbe4817b3.png._CB274060606_.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12993113 No.12993113 [Reply] [Original]

anyone have any recommendations for slowcookers or other essential cooking appliances
i just moved into a new house and need suggestions

>> No.12993126

split pea and ham soup. all you need is old bay seasoning, water, split peas, and ham steak. maybe some worchestershire too. your call.

>> No.12993174
File: 144 KB, 1450x966, dutch baby with lemon and sugar.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12993113
Don't be in a rush to go out and buy stuff too fast. Get some sales and limited edition items. Holidays are coming, ie black friday.

Are you single? Cooking for 2? 4? Get the sizes of dutch ovens, crock pot, etc that you need. Do you commute, come home utterly exhausted, have kids, entertain, etc? This determines how much you'll use a covered skillet, dutch oven, casserole dishes like lasagna pans, and such, and what size.

For the crock pot, I actually like the electronic display versions, because the keep warm function happens after so many hours. The oval shape is if you do whole birds or long roasts in it, I don't. If you tailgate or do potlucks, you want a lid that latches. I like the little dipper that came with mine, cause I do a lot of hot sauces and hot party dips. I like to own an instant read thermometer for grilling or pulling roasts out of the oven.

If my house blew away in a hurricane, I would right away replace my airbake cookie sheets, graniteware covered roasters in 3 sizes, glass lasagna pan where I can see the corners become perfect, deep dish pyrex pie pans for my holiday pies, cast iron pan for my cornbread and dutch babys, and my teflon frying pans.

>> No.12993189

>>12993174
thanks for the advice anon, some damn good suggestions actually. i completely forgot about black friday coming up