[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 88 KB, 992x558, ht_chipotle_vegan_sofritas_burrito_ll_130729_16x9_992.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12730003 No.12730003 [Reply] [Original]

Its time for homemade Chipotle.

This is what we are working with: https://www.chipotle.com/ingredients

Source your own ingredients and make the kind of burrito you like. If you want Beef, Chicken or Pork its up to you. If you want Guac or rice and beans ect. its your choice.

I like to make mine with chipotle spiced grilled chicken, rice, black beans, sour cream, guacamole, pepper jack cheese, sharp white cheddar cheese, corn salsa, tomato salsa and then wrap it up in a big tortilla skin.

>> No.12730029
File: 179 KB, 600x400, chipotle-in-adobo-for-tomato-chipotle-salsa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You need chipoltle peppers in Adobo sauce.

Get a can of this stuff and you can use it for spicing up your protein or your beans.

I use a can of this to marinate my chicken breasts, and then after marinating them I grill them and get some good color and marks on them from the grill. When the chicken is fully cooked you can chop it into chunks and set it aside.

If you like black beans I one of the chipolte peppers and some of the sauce with the black beans. If you like Pinto beans I make them with bacon, onions and garlic. Its nice to put oregano in your beans with some cumin, salt and always season with salt.

I make basmati rice in my rice cooker and when its done you strir in lime juice and cilantro with a bit of salt.

I always make Tomato and Corn salsa. For the corn salsa you grill some pablano pepper and corn cobbs on the grill. Then chop that up and in a bowl put red onion and mix it with salt, cilantro and you have a nice corn salsa done. Do the same with tomato, dice them and add red onion, salt, cilantro and lime.

Same thing with the guacamole, you add the red onion, salt, cilantro and lime.

>> No.12730033

>>12730003
So what's the point of this thread? Are you suggesting we pretend that we are going to order ingredients to make a recipe from a Chipotle menu at our own home? Why don't we just post what we would like to order from Chipotle. It would be the exact same reply without some gay LARP involved.

>> No.12730045
File: 134 KB, 1200x800, chipotleburritoFB.0.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Warm up a big tortilla skin in the oven.

Then you fill it with all the stuff you made. Put the grilled chicken chunks and the rice and the beans and put some cheese and the guacamole and the sour cream then the corn salsa, tomato salsa.

I use parchment or tinfoil and you wrap the whole thing up and eat it.

>> No.12730050

>>12730033

I dont order the ingredients, I go to the grocery store and pick them up. Then I cook this and have it for dinner.

With the leftovers I make another burrito later or make a quesadilla.

>> No.12730067

>>12730033
Chipolte has a huge menu you dont need all those ingredients. You only need what you are going to eat.

I sometimes put bay leaves into my beans when I cook them. It does not do much and you dont eat them but its proper.

>> No.12730110

What do you call the meal Chipotle? Call it what it is, a homemade burrito.

>> No.12730122

>>12730110

The family just calls it homemade Chipotle.

I have all the salsa, beans, rice, guac ect made and you just make up your own burrito.

>> No.12730319

Chipotle kind of sucks. For some reason all of their ingredients taste really bland

>> No.12730361

>>12730003
I would really just like to know how they make their red chili salsa. Everything else you can make at home easily

>> No.12730397

>>12730033
how are you on a cooking board yet your mind dodges left and right between the idea of cooking an imitation of a chipotle buritto