[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 258 KB, 350x432, HAI PEEPOLE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12557922 No.12557922 [Reply] [Original]

Many coo/ck/s - five rounds - but only one chance to win.
The challenge? Create an unforgettable meal from the mystery items hidden in these baskets before time runs out.
Who will win the prize - and who will be Chopped?

This is the official announcement thread for the next /ck/ challenge - Round 2: Hors D'Oeuvres/Appetizer

FIVE ROUNDS - ONE WINNER
>X Round 1 | 6/15-6/22 | Breakfast X
>*** Round 2 | 6/29-7/6 | Hors D'Oeurves (Appetizer) ***
>Round 3 | 7/13-7/20 | Entree (Lunch)
>Round 4 | 7/27-8/3 | Main Course (Dinner)
>Round 5 | 8/10-8/17 | Dessert

SCORES THUS FAR
>1st Place: 24 pts - Hula Doll, Sake Bottle
>3rd Place: 22 pts - Tiny Level
>4th Place: 21 pts - JPP Figure, Gold Fly (me), Small Crystal
>7th Place: 19 pts - Green Pick

SCORING HOW-TO
Out of a possible 25 Points:
__/5 for Challenge Theme
>a rating regarding Use of Basket Ingredients and Meeting Round Theme
__/5 for Originality
>a rating regarding Uniqueness and Creativity
__/5 for Technique
>a rating regarding Level of Skill used
__/5 for Appeal
>a rating regarding Taste (assumed) and Cohesiveness
__/5 for Plating
>a rating regarding Visual Appeal

>> No.12557934

SUBMISSION
>Anyone who makes a challenge submission must vote. If you do not contribute to voting in the voting round, your submissions will be disqualified.
>All submissions must be accompanied by a timestamp and token/totem. Any submissions without timestamp and token/totem can not be considered.
>At least two photos are required for each submission: One high-quality photo of your final dish with timestamp and totem, and at least one photo documenting your process or ingredients used.
>All four mystery basket ingredients should be fully incorporated in your submission. Omissions or "garnish" use may result in loss of points.
>Verticals are not required but encouraged, and can only help your score. Verticals documenting your process can give insight to judges regarding your Technique and Originality. I can help you make a vertical if you cannot (fucking phoneposters).
>The cutoff time for submissions will be 11:59 PM EST on the final day of the challenge week.

BASKET INGREDIENTS
>You may make reasonable substitutions for inaccessible exotic ingredients to be scored by the audience and fellow contestants.
>Basket ingredients are randomly chosen from four lists: Meat, Produce, Grocery, and Wildcard.
>Basket ingredients should be fully incorporated in your final dish.

VOTING
>CONTESTANTS MUST VOTE. Any contestant who does not vote will be disqualified for this and future rounds. It's important that we play together.
>Audience members are welcome to vote as well.
>Contestants should post their scores with timestamp, totem, or tripcode to verify.

>> No.12557944

Using random.org and a handful of grocery lists, we're rolling this week's ingredient basket.

Roll 1 - #60 - pork (ground)

Roll 2 - #27 - chives

Roll 3 - #62 - canned: capers

What will be the wildcard basket ingredient to accompany ground pork, chives, and capers?

>> No.12557970
File: 1.84 MB, 964x1520, Round 2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

WILDCARD Roll 4 - #89 - frozen - ice cream (vanilla)

And we have...
>ground pork
>chives
>capers
>vanilla ice cream

You have eight days to create, photograph, and submit your dish for Round 2 - Hors D'Oeurves (Appetizer).
The clock starts now.

>> No.12558025

>>12557970
Huh?

>> No.12558561

>>12557970
Dis gon be good.

>> No.12559261
File: 21 KB, 300x300, baobab fruit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12558561
I thought so. I had a couple ideas as soon as I rolled up the last one. I think this will be a really good round.