[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 587 KB, 640x664, IMG_3782.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12541512 No.12541512 [Reply] [Original]

Okay, so my girlfriend wants to do meal prep and I'm caving under the two year old meme.

If I'm going to do this, I want to know some things.

In regards to meal prep:

>What foods keep well in the fridge?

The general thing for meal prep is fuck tons of chicken and shit canned veggies. I'm only asking these to see what my options are.

>Chicken texture is made great if steeped in milk over night, but what the hell do I do about taste? Nothing sticks.
Is chicken better with a sauce/gravy?

>I don't know how to season or make the texture of pork better. Like chicken breast, nothing sticks to pork sirloin either.
Sauce/Gravy, right?

>Red meat and ground beef generally get a good texture and taste from just salt, pepper and rosemary. Should I just not try with other seasonings?
I could just try different kinds of salt, like celery salt, garlic salt, smoked salt...

>Fish just doesn't seem like it has much pay off to cook at home. I love fish when I eat at restaurants, though. How do I cook fish better?

>> No.12541517

too long didnt read

cute cat tho

>> No.12541535

It sounds like you've never cooked before

>> No.12541539

>>12541517
You see that green text there?

>> No.12541562
File: 61 KB, 557x475, IDTAGS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12541535
But I have. That's why I have these questions. Most people think leaving things overnight in things that taste good make those things taste good, but that doesn't work with 90% of foods.

It's clearly not that easy, or else everyone would be a professional chef.

>> No.12541615

>>12541562
Not this guy, but i get your point.. stuff like stew/soups usually taste way better, but texture is normally destroyed by reheating and that makes stuff like chicken suck
I would say better to cook it in a sauce kind od like beef stroganoff or we

>> No.12541634

>>12541512
>Okay, so my girlfriend wants me to do bull prep

ftfy

>> No.12541643

>>12541512
Get your girlfriend's boyfriend to help out

>> No.12541644

slow cooked stuff reheats better. chicken thigh instead of breast, pork belly or pulled pork, beef short rib or cheek or whatever. if you're using lean cuts, consider pounding them nice and thin.

>nothing sticks to pork/chicken
i have literally no idea what you're talking about

>Red meat and ground beef generally get a good texture and taste from just salt, pepper and rosemary. Should I just not try with other seasonings?
you can do tons of stuff with beef. try rendang

>>Fish just doesn't seem like it has much pay off to cook at home.
what a fucking pleb

>> No.12541683

>>12541634
Ugh. I constantly have to scare her into not doing weird things with other guys. I don't think this relationship is particularly healthy, but maybe food prep will make it better.

>Nothing sticks to chicken breast and sirloin.
It really doesn't, though. What's your method?

>Rendang.
Will Google that.

>What a fucking pleb.
Yes. Yes I am. It's not that I don't like fish, but take salmon for example.

You season it to fuck and guess what? No matter what you do you end up with "Would you like some salt with your SALLLMOOOONNN?"

What other fish is worth a fuck? Shrimp? Love it, but I feel like overcooking it is too easy. The rest? Just eat chicken.

I love cooking, I just want to cut the fat when it comes to pleb cooking memes. I want to figure out what is truly worth the time invested. I want to be that guy that wets panties with his meals and I've only done that twice at parties because I prepped beforehand.

>> No.12541707

>>12541683
>I constantly have to scare her into not doing weird things with other guys.

Just go along with it. You might find you like spit roasting her with some other guy. Your possessive, controlling nature seems to be what's unhealthy.

>> No.12541715

>>12541683
>You season it to fuck and guess what? No matter what you do you end up with "Would you like some salt with your SALLLMOOOONNN?"
what are you even talking about. are you complaining that your salmon tastes of salmon and not salt?

you can do plenty with it. put it in a coulibiac. make tandoori salmon. bake it over braised leeks and fennel. pan fry it for crispy skin and make a dill beurre blanc. confit it and serve with creme fraiche capers and onion in yorkshire puddings

>> No.12541757

>>12541707
>Spitroasting
You made a cooking forum funny.

>>12541715
>put it in a coulibiac. make tandoori salmon. bake it over braised leeks and fennel. pan fry it for crispy skin and make a dill beurre blanc. confit it and serve with creme fraiche capers and onion in yorkshire puddings

I literally, unironically and unsarcastically cannot wait until I can understand what you wrote. It's like Organic Chemistry to plebs, but in cooking form. I want it.

>> No.12541923

Somehow this is actually the worst thread in the catalog, congratulations

>> No.12541961

>>12541923
You clearly didn't lurk enough.

>>12540198

>> No.12542013
File: 2.94 MB, 640x272, war lizards.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12541512
cook chili and angel hair pasta/rice/mashed taters. it freezes great and you can make like 30 servings in one go if you have a big enough pot.

stuffed peppers are also boss, you can do a whole fucking tray of them and then freeze them individually. I do them with a spicy tomato sauce, the liquid helps prevent freezer burn

>> No.12542790

>>12542013
Stuff them with ground beef and stuff, right?

Keep it in the freezer even if its for the very same week? Can one meal prep weeks in advance?