[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 26 KB, 640x480, white-castle-5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12499334 No.12499334 [Reply] [Original]

My room mate and close friend has a...very limited diet. If they go out to eat or are served food at someone elses house, they will eat other things. But nine times out of ten when they are left to their own devices which is pretty much always, they only eat potatoes, cheese, pork, and mayo type things. Usually it's just orders of cheese fries, boxed cheesey potatoes, tater tots with cheese and ranch, pizza with no sauce and just cheese and bacon dipped in ranch, etc etc

How can I get them to try new things and actually enjoy them? Like I said they eat other things from time to time, but it's really just because they don't want to look weird in public, they don't enjoy it.

>> No.12499527

Lost cause. That kind of retard either grows up and eats like an adult or continues to eat the diet of a nonverbal autistic. Nothing you can do except get really mad and frustrated. Getting someone like that to eat like a person is like trying to get someone off drugs/alcohol. They need to want to. No amount of external force will change them.

>> No.12499553
File: 206 KB, 500x500, NEVER.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12499527
Pretty much this.

People who were raised by parents that didn't force them to take any chances or be out of their comfort zone weren't done any favors. They usually end up eating tendies and fries their whole life and that's just how they exist. Basic.

Pity them, for they'll never know the exquisite flavors that they're missing out on in life. More for you and me, right?

>> No.12499557

>>12499334
I have a coworker that has two kids. You'd figure that, because she has two children, that she wouldn't be such a child about her eating habits. But nope, she's terrible. She's not even fat, but I've seen her gag when offered a salad, she just flat-out won't even touch brussels sprouts, and she also refuses to try food if it's "too foreign". The past two years has been me trying to get this chick to at least try new things, but to no avail. Just let him be, OP. You literally cannot and will not convince him.

>> No.12499811

>>12499334
Liquid cheese is a crime against humanity

>> No.12499821

>>12499334
My coworker is epipen allergic to potatoes so she can't eat out anywhere.

>> No.12499920

This person is not actually a person but a hollow vessel for the parasites living within them to control and operate.