[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 45 KB, 678x452, images (51).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12460916 No.12460916 [Reply] [Original]

Could I please get a tried and true recipe for garlic bread?
Tried garlic powder and extra virge and it tasted like shit.

>> No.12460964

use salted butter, roast your garlic separately and spread it on afterwards when it's soft
extra virgin is not for cooking and shouldn't really be heated

>> No.12461214
File: 7 KB, 300x168, 1556505131115.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

chop garlic butter salt. microwave 1 minute let cool slightly, spread on bread, put into hottest oven, in 3 minutes sprinkle a little parma cheese on it then toast up the bread to your liking..

>> No.12461322

Cheap-ass trailer park option: Rehydrate your garlic powder into a thick paste and mix that with butter. Spread that on the bread. Top it with a little Parmesan cheese or, God willing, mozz, and then some more garlic powder. Cover with a foil tent and bake until hot, then broil for a minute or two until toasted.

Rehydrated garlic powder is nowhere near fresh garlic in terms of flavor, but it's a vast improvement nonetheless.

>> No.12461410

Pro-tip for ANYTHING garlic
>Get 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup
>Get big bag of peeled garlic from Sam's Club/Costco
>Get some decent, reasonably priced olive oil (bulk is better)
>Fill Pyrex cup with garlic
>Fill with olive oil until it is covered
>Put on a baking sheet and place in 425 degree oven for 30ish minutes
Once it's cooled down, scoop out the now roasted garlic and put into a container. Now, you can either put more garlic in the oil still in the measuring cuo and roast some more for extra garlicky oil, or put the now pretty garlicky in a mason jar or empty bottle of olive oil (I keep one for this purpose). Now, you have a shitload of roasted garlic that keeps pretty well in the fridge and garlic olive oil to add to anything you want. It doesn't appear to need refrigerated (I don't), but I usually use all of it within a week.

>> No.12462341

My guess:
Roast a head of garlic and mush it into paste
Crush a second head of raw garlic
Whip both with 100g butter and 100g grated parmigiano
Stir in fresh parsley if/as desired.
Smear on split baguette
Cut baguette into manageable sizes
Bake to GBD

Good guess?

>> No.12462677

High quality butter is the key to great garlic breads
>let butter come to room temp, mix with minced garlic, parsley and salt
>spread liberally on bread of choice
>put in hot oven until golden
wa la

>> No.12462693

>>12460916
Honestly, probably the best garlic bread I've ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppCUJMg0q_A

>> No.12462734

What I do:
Thick slices of bread
Generous spread butter, then
Crush 1-2 cloves garlic per slice into a small bowl
Add some 'italian seasoning' and powdered parm
Then just enough olive oil to bind all that into a spread.
Spread on top of the buttered bread and bake on a sheet, check on it at 10 minutes.
When the garlic bits are goldenized it's done. The butter will have melted through and fried the underside of the slices too.

>> No.12462769

>>12460916
just buy that garlic butter at the store, spread a lot of that shit on it, like cover that shit with an inch of it

use thick WHITE bread, can't use rustic or brown bread, then shred mozza on it

>> No.12462787

If you're putting cheese on it, it's not garlic bread, it's cheese bread. Just letting you faggots know.

>> No.12462929

>>12462787
thanks nerd

>> No.12462936

>>12462929
You're welcome, faggot.

>> No.12463502

Get some butter, garlic cloves, parsley, red pepper flakes. Soften the butter either by leaving it at room temp for a few hours or by sticking it in the microwave for a few seconds. Stick butter in a bowl. Crush the garlic cloves into the bowl. Chop the parsley and add that as well. Then add some red pepper flakes. Mash it all together with a masher thing like you'd use for making guac, I forget the proper name. Or use a fork if you don't have a masher.

Then prepare your bread. Baguettes work great, slice them in half long-ways. Stick the bread on a pan and put it into your oven which has been preheated to around 350 degrees farenheit. Let the bread toast for a bit then remove and apply a generous amount of your butter mixture. Put the broiler on and put your garlic bread back in the oven to get it nice and crispy. Remove garlic bread, slice with a sharp knife, let it cool a bit and you're good to go.

As for the amount of ingredients its up to you, experiment and find what tastes good to you. That's what cooking is. If you don't want the little extra kick of red pepper flakes then don't use them. The key to good garlic bread is using real garlic and butter, not powdered shit and oil.