[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 84 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12314003 No.12314003 [Reply] [Original]

My wife recently cooked pork butt in a clay baker, to serve as pulled pork to her guests. She would ordinarily use a slow cooker, but this time she needed it cooked quickly, so she cooked it in the oven in a clay baker. I get home from work late, so when she does pulled pork in the slow cooker, she keeps it warm on the lowest setting. This time she tried that in the oven. When I got home, the barbecue sauce was blackened charcoal, and the meat was dry as a bone. I currently have the remaining meat wrapped in the fridge. Is there anything I can do to use this meat and make it edible?

Soup perhaps?

>> No.12314013

>Soup perhaps

That's my immediate thought as well. As long as it's got a decent texture, a strongly flavoured soup/stew/similar should give it some life back. That or some ridiculous marinade project but that'd be for science, mostly

>> No.12315864

Unfortunately, the texture isn't very good anymore either.

>> No.12315901

rehydrate it with stock and you can make ravioli stuffing

>> No.12315951

>pork BUTT
Hahahaha

>> No.12315952

>>12314003
Maybe chop it up and let it maranaid in some kind of sauce to help tenderize abs breakdown the meat. Not sure how acidic it should be, but that might help moisturize it. Could still make pork sandwiches with it or tacos.

>> No.12315962
File: 2.46 MB, 270x360, canibalism.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

FRIED RICE! Chop it up small though.