[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 136 KB, 1342x1033, 1546372298518.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11822379 No.11822379 [Reply] [Original]

i fucked up a cacio e pepe it takes 3 ingredients and i managed to fuck it up

>> No.11822461

if it makes you feel any better, op; i'm perfect.

>> No.11822565

>it takes 3 ingredients
You speak as if low ingredient quantity in any way implies low complexity. A fucking souffle is basically eggs, milk, butter, flour, and whatever extra flavor you want it to have (if at all). Nonetheless a souffle is often seen as a pretty technical dish to get right and small mistakes will reflect very prominently in the end product. On the other hand, you can take a fucking shitload of different veg, balsamic, different herbs, etc. and making a ratatouille out of a recipe that already tells you reasonable proportions can be done simply by putting some color on everything, throwing it all back into the pot, add the herbs and balsamic if you use any, and let it stew until it looks right and stops being obviously undercooked when you try it.

Simple pasta dishes are one of those things that are simple as anything to make "edible", but deceptively tricky to actually make fucking well.

>> No.11822576

how did you fuck it up? it's literally just melting pecorino into pasta and then grinding pepper over top and mixing

>> No.11822642

it’s okay frog bro

cheer up on r/pepe and have some dank memes

>> No.11822656

It's okay, making a roux takes two ingredients, and lots of people fuck it up, me included. Gotta keep trying

>> No.11822695

>>11822565
Or fucking hollandaise man, two ingredients but good luck getting it right.

On a related note, my local breakfast "club" that is highly rated, uses powder mix for hollandaise sauce. So I refuse to go there because I'm not paying for food that's worse than what I can make at home. Just amazes me that people eat this shit up and leave good reviews online.

>> No.11822950

>>11822642
>r/pepe
holy fuck is that where you faggots are getting all these from?
fuck this makes me hate frogposters even more.