[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 28 KB, 800x450, 1536887162385.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11241143 No.11241143 [Reply] [Original]

I mean, I became a vegan for health reasons, i never fell for the moralism aspectbecause I dont believe plants are a lesser species than animals. But this study comes out and I am completely, utterly shaken. If science can be so wrong about this, one of the fundamental pillars of nutrition for decades, then nothing is true anymore. I can't believe I suffered for so long, trying desperately to convince myself that the omnivores were jealous of my delicious meals of bean sprouts, spinach (without bacon), and asparagus (without hollandaise sauce), that the bean burgers (without mayonnaise or bacon) and mock steak (without butter) were even better than the real thing. Then this comes along and reveals the whole charade. Turns out I could have been eating steak and eggs and bacon all along.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30198808
So, umm, meat recipe thread i guess, for a soon-to-be-ex-vegan.

>> No.11241144

I'm gay btw, if that matters

>> No.11241155

>>11241143
>If science can be so wrong about this, one of the fundamental pillars of nutrition for decades, then nothing is true anymore.
Why are you 100% convinced that one paper's claims are correct and all the other contradictory papers are incorrect? It doesn't sound like you really believe "nothing is true" since you're only reaching that conclusion by assuming that one paper's claims are true.