[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 66 KB, 502x494, small.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11149716 No.11149716 [Reply] [Original]

When I eat too much wheat, I feel like shit. I'm not celiac. Recently read that fructans can cause problems (found in wheat/barley/rye and some veg like garlic and onions). Planning on reducing fructan intake, but not entirely eliminating it. As a westerner, this seems pretty difficult.

Plan is to start making bento box style lunches with Asian dishes. As they include more rice, and less wheat, this should make it easier.
>Cook foods and keep them frozen
>Stuff like marinaded meats, and a week's worth of rice portions
>Maybe some frozen sushi stuff, nori rolls look easy
>Prepare stuff like fruit and vegetables the night before

Things I've found so far that look good to store for a long time:
>Honey glazed chicken
>Chinese style fried pork
>Mini burgers with ketchup/worcester sauce
>Chicken balls
>Asian dumplings/gyoza
>Various rice ball recipes
>Tempura (not sure how well the batter would freeze and defrost)
>Kim chi

Fresh prep:
>Rolled omelettes
>Fruits/mixes with honey or yogurt
>Stir fry vegetables

The aim is to take in more protein in general, less carbs, but also moving carbs away from wheat, barley, or rye. Any suggestions? Not gonna lie, honey glazed chicken with seasoned sushi rice, kim chi, some cucumber and celery, and some fruit for after sounds like a nice lunch. Better than a sandwich.

Pic related, bought some of these.

>> No.11149731

based special snowflake poster

>> No.11149736

>stealth ketofag thread

>> No.11149745

>>11149736
Rice is still a carb.

>>11149731
T-Thanks?

>> No.11149755
File: 96 KB, 600x608, supermarket-refrigeration-3-meat-produce-case.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11149716
>Any suggestions?
The foods you listed sound good to me. I'm just curious why you imply that it's difficult to avoid wheat? That seems pretty easy to do.

Pic related contains zero wheat and presents thousands of different meal options. You don't have to go Asian, you can just...you know...stop buying bread. And if you're eating out there are countless options thanks to today's low-carb or no-carb fad.

>> No.11149768

>>11149755
Oh dude this is mostly for lunches. There are lots of choices, but making something that is satisfying with or without heating up is pretty tricky. I'm not a massive fan of salad on its own. Potato makes an easy substitute for wheat at home, but unless it's potato salad, it doesn't taste that good cold.

>> No.11149778

Wheat is too complex a carb to be absorbed into your body, it has to be broken down in your small intestine into monosaccharides before it nourishes you. Much of it passes undigested though, and that leads to overgrowth of pathogenic micro organisms in your colon, causing inflammation, ulcers, cancers etc.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43674270
You can recover from most symptoms using the GAPS diet
http://gaps.me
Which only allows carbohydrates in monosaccharide form, so they don't have to be broken down before digestion and nothing ends up in your large intestine undigested. By supplementing with probiotics while you do this, you re-establish a healthy intestinal microflora and after some years using the diet, return to full health.
https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/2005/press-release/

>> No.11149788

>>11149778
HAHAHAHAHA

God soccer moms are such cancer

>> No.11149818

>>11149778
>• Avocado is a wonderfully nutritious fruit. Make sure it is ripe and serve it with meats, fish, shellfish and salads.

Fuck me, is this keto in disguise? It's literally 'don't eat anything carbs, or sugar, or starch'.

>> No.11149824

>>11149788
Shoo, irritant child.

>> No.11149851

>>11149824
>boomer insults

>> No.11150001

>>11149778
>GAPS

Woke AF. I recently learned that gender dysphoria is also caused by gut dysbiosis.

>> No.11150910

So, any recipe ideas for this?

I'm thinking I can always do like kebab style meats too.

Anyone tried organ meats for this sort of thing? They might make it interesting.

>> No.11150922

>>11149716
>4 kotoba
>pinku

fugn dropped. Doesn't even look like ceramic.

>> No.11150972

>>11150922
I bought green and beige. No pinku.