[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 502 KB, 2260x2175, 1488303158947.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11058189 No.11058189 [Reply] [Original]

Recently Turned 21 & am new to alcohol. Only tried beer, cider, & vodka so far. Any types of drinks or specific beverage brands you fellows personally recommend? & if so, why do you recommend them?
Pic unrelated.

>> No.11058238

Drink different scotches and rums with various amounts of water. It will bring out different flavors depending on how much water you use.

>> No.11058261

Get a handle of cheap tequila a bunch of limes and some salt. Get really really drunk and when you wake up in the morning all other alcohols will taste great.

>> No.11058270

>>11058238
Interesting. I thought one was supposed to drink them straight, but I can see the reasoning for that.

>>11058261
No.
I will drink moderately & within reason. I don't want to lose control of my higher faculties. That being said, if the opportunity presents itself I shall buy some cheap tequila.

>> No.11058334

An old fashioned is a great introduction to whiskey, especially if you like citrus. I usually only get it at bars but if I'm at home and I suddenly want one then I follow the recipe on Wikipedia. Though I also include muddled citrus peel and a high quality maraschino cherry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Fashioned

Also as a tip for bars that specialize in cocktails. There are far too many different types of cocktails for any random bartender to know they even exist let alone be able to remember and make decently aside from the very basic ones. To get around this I often ask the bartender to make me whatever they like to drink. They will be able to make that one much better than they can make the others and you can explore the different types of drink.

>> No.11058344

>>11058270
>Interesting. I thought one was supposed to drink them straight, but I can see the reasoning for that.
Only Asians and alcoholics drink them straight. Even just a splash of water will bring out some flavor. Drinking it at room temperature is best.

>> No.11059316

>>11058189
Stop drinking alcohol you fool, that SHIT is poison for just about every one of your organ systems.
>inb4 le don't care about living a long life
But will you say that as you die in agony from whatever diseases this habit will spawn in you?

>> No.11059997

I liked Gin when I tasted it the first time, pretty mellow and smooth compared to Vodka. I also have a sweet tooth and like expensive eggnogg/advocaat (btw. the real Advocaat is pretty poor stuff actually) and orange juice mixed with a dash of Campari as a longdrink.

>> No.11060018

>>11059997
>I also have a sweet tooth
Oh, and I also like Bailey's Irish Cream liquor of course, how could I forget that. A great favourite and panty dropper with chicks, too.

>> No.11060081

>>11058189
Calvados and Peary