[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 175 KB, 2048x1555, 32432432432.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11029682 No.11029682 [Reply] [Original]

Curious about your experiences:

>Have you gotten food poisoning and if so, what did you eat (or at least where did you eat)?
>Did the food taste or smell weird/off at the time of consumption?
>How long did it take for the symptoms to hit?

I'm going to India so I'm nervous

>> No.11029744

Ordering some kebab sandwich from a local place in my town. Food tasted fine, but I think the next day symptoms started to appear. Diarrhea, vomiting and fever. Nothing that was unbearable at first, but it quickly became that. On the 2nd or 3rd day I could barely walk and I had to forget about using stairs 'cause my legs shook as if they had no support. I could keep no fluid or food in my body. I couldn't sleep because I had to shit every 30 minutes. A lot of the times I'd have to vomit at the same time. By far the worst I've ever felt in my life. I thought I would die and yet for some reason I never called the ambulance.

>> No.11029746 [DELETED] 

Get hydrochloric acid supplements to consume ahead of your meal. A strengthened digestive system will reduce the risk.

>> No.11029753

>>11029744
What was on the sandwich?

>> No.11029764

>>11029753
Chicken meat and a few vegetables with some sour cream.

>> No.11029792

I ate rice and purple meat in afghanistan with a bunch of guards. I puked and shit so much I woke up 6 hours later in the medic tent

>> No.11029810

I only got food poisoning once. It was after a Thanksgiving dinner that my friend made. I was the only one who got sick, so it probably wasn't the meal, it was probably the beer; I had bought some Autumn-themed pumpkin beer, since it was BYOB. I felt a little queasy maybe a half hour later, but was able to largely ignore it. Then maybe about four hours later, it all hit at once. It was like the New Orleans levees in 2005, only in my butt. I think I spent the following 24 hours eating and drinking nothing but water, gatorade, and saltines. Then I went out and got a burger, because I figured if I'm going to expelling out everything I eat from both major orifices, it may as well be something I enjoyed on the way in.

>> No.11029855 [DELETED] 

>>11029682
Ate bad ham lunch meat last week. Started feeling nauseous and felt like I ate enough to be full after like 5-6 bites. Then ran to the toilet after a few minutes.

>> No.11029858

I had it from Subway once. Woke up the day after and ran into the bathroom to shit. Flushed toilet, immediately had to go for round two. This continued for a couple days and I spent most of that time laying on a couch eating saltines and drinking water. Like the other anon I was also dizzy and could hardly walk.

>> No.11029879

>>11029682
once in culinary school i got noro virus, and so did this other twat
i could not stop vomiting and a certain point i would dry heave, so i just started chugging water so i would have something to puke
i also had really bad diarrhea and shat myself a couple of times
was pretty fun desu

>> No.11029892

Ate at a place called China Taste

Pissed out my ass
Puked about 15 times in a 6-10 hour span i dont remember exactly
Woozy as hell.

Not a fun time but there are far far far worse things out there

>> No.11030044
File: 261 KB, 663x625, 1514679424649.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
RIP anon

>> No.11030211

>>11029682
I had Taco Bell food once. At the time I was on a starvation diet and living with an abusive relative, so the occasional fast food was a real treat. First burrito was fine. About halfway through the second burrito the meat tasted weird. Figured it was just a stray bit of weirdness so I took a second bite. Spat it out and wrote off the rest of the burrito.

I got diarrhea, nausea, and cramps of the magnitude where you don't even laugh if you value your pants. It lasted for weeks. One night it hit me so hard I went to go to the bathroom but the pain was so intense I only got halfway there before I just doubled over and my mind went into really weird places.

>> No.11030244

>>11029682
gonna be straight with you, anon. You will be eating, drinking, and breathing shit. Educated and affluent Indians get the fuck out of India for a reason.

>> No.11030313

>>11029682
Raw sushi at a popular and heavily trafficked restaraunt. Nope. A few days then a few days of vomiting your organs out or sitting there with your stomach fucking screaming when you're not.

>> No.11030389

Ate some pulled pork and sushi at the cafeteria one time in college. Couldn’t fart or shit for 3 days, everytime i had to it was just painful stomach cramps. Had the most relieving shit of my life the next day.

One time i ate some bad yogurt and had massive diarrhea seconds later, couldn’t pass a full stool for a week.

Got bloated for about two weeks straight just from general cafeteria food/eating like shit. Took a shit that seemed normal but my entire dorm suite apparently reeked of toxic shit, my roommates thought i shit on the floor or something because of how bad it was. I didn’t smell a thing.

Another time i ate chicken tenders at the school fast food place because you always got them instantly instead of waiting 20 minutes for anything else. The tenders were soggy and the breading was falling off, it looked fine otherwise and was so i ate it, i had a Bai too (which i can never drink again from the smell alone) and had a bad stomach ache that night, I thought I would sleep it off but i woke at 4AM and was vomiting violently for the next 12 hours before there was not even water to throw up in my stomach, just convulsions, couldnt even hold a sip of water down. Almost (probably shouldve) went to the hospital but i was able to eat pretzels by midnight and a fair amount the following day and completely fine within two.

Thankfully i started actually caring about what i ate and have yuge healthy clean shits now

>> No.11030445

>>11029682
>>Have you gotten food poisoning
Yes.
>what did you eat
Cheese-steak sandwich.
>where did you eat
A little hole in the wall "ethnic" place right next to the bowling alley that sold decent NYC pizza and cheese-steaks.
>>Did the food taste or smell weird/off at the time of consumption?
Not at all.
>>How long did it take for the symptoms to hit?
8 hours ish? Projectile vomiting with fever and diarrhea. Not nice. Was probably the sauce / mayo. The place was usually good.
>I'm going to India so I'm nervous
You'll probably get the shits no matter what you do, and that's because there's dry poo floating in the air in every major city, which will land in your mouth, on your hands, and eventually in your system giving you the liqui-poo flu.

>> No.11030451

>>11029682
Got food poisoning from a pizza from Dominos. Tasted fine. The next day, I got sick as hell. Vomiting, diarrhoea, fever, extreme fatigue and weakness. That was in December. I’m still having occasional symptoms. I’ll likely have permanent IBS issues.

On the plus side, I get medical marijuana now to control my nausea symptoms.

>> No.11030458

>>11029746
yeah but that is mean to the parasites; imagine if you were doused in acid, not nice.

>> No.11030486
File: 261 KB, 1039x559, 1526717765377.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>buy boston butt
>shove it in oven
>check temperature
>meat thermometer says it's cooked
>rip it apart
>it's pink
>eat it anyway
>spend next two days vomiting any food/water I drank
>spend next 2.5 weeks in chronic constipation, can only shit with laxatives
>one day it just stops
>probably have little worms eating away at my brain

>> No.11030495

I once got food poisoning from some fish & chips I got from the stand. Not fun.
This second story isn't really food poisoning, but still a tale of food making me unwell. A few days ago I ate a massive sandwich and washed it down with a ton of (diet) soda, then decided to take a nap immediately after. Since I couldn't burp while asleep, the gas built up in my stomach and I woke up with the most terrible indigestion I've ever felt. I felt like a fucking balloon about to pop at any minute. The next two days was me just belching out clouds of acidic-tasting gas every few minutes while I could barely move.

>> No.11030498

>>11030486
glad your arm is starting to work a bit again jack.

>> No.11030508

Oysters. They were cooked, not raw, so I thought I would be okay.
They smelled fine. Tasted fine.
Took a little over an hour for the symptoms to start. Just a gurgling in my stomach at first.
At 75 minutes I started to cramp a little and started to sweat.
At 80 minutes, it felt like a river was running through my bowels. I could actually feel it twisting and turning through my guts heading south.
I took this as a sign to head to the nearest restroom. Unfortunately I was at Walmart at the time.

>get to restroom, run into first stall
>toilet full of shit and paper, pee all over the seat
>start to clean up the seat as much as possible
>hands shaking uncontrollably, sweat pouring off my face and dripping onto the toilet seat
>get the seat wiped off, flush the toilet
>everything didn't go down, flush again. And a third time for good measure.

The moment I sat down, everything just came out. I didn't even try to; it just happened.
I tried to get up but I couldn't, so I sat there on the toilet with my pants around my ankles for probably 45 minutes.

When I could stand again, I cleaned myself up, pulled up my pants, and went home.
The first thing I did when I got home was take a shower.

I didn't eat or drink anything except water for the next 48 hours.

>> No.11030563
File: 64 KB, 300x375, mld104827_0609_beans_l_hd.jpg?itok=Ib09vMb3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Kandy, Sri Lanka
>went to a street vendor who was just starting to close up shop
>bought some fish samosas from him
>food didn't smell or taste off
>symptoms didn't occur until the following morning
>my burps were tremendously loud & smelled foul; never had anything like this happen to me before
>also had diarrhea unlike any other diarrhea I've had in the past
>it was dark & pasty in texture, like shitting out refried beans (when I have diarrhea, it's usually watery)
>the burping & shitting wouldn't stop for another few hours
I fully accept the blame. I shouldn't have bought street food that has cooled down from a vendor that was closing for the day. I also shouldn't have bought seafood products in the central/interior part of a country (seafood is bound to be fresher along the coast).

>> No.11030583

>buy frozen sushi grade tuna at gook market
>wife and I chow down on a sashimi dinner with it
>next morning she's sick af and unironically our septic drain field stops up so I have to dig it out and fix it for a couple hours
>come back in, wife can't move, just moaning in agony
>start feeling weak, dizzy and begin to shit and vomit uncontrollably
>crawl to bed after emptying myself, body aching like the flu X 10
>am in a half reality feverish dream world which isn't sleep, yet not awake
>for 3 days periodically crawl from the bed to feed dogs, wife is out of it
>4th day begin to recover
>7th day see news that brand of sushi quality tuna was recalled for salmonella
>at 2 weeks still only feel 80% strong
Salmonella is a bitch that can fuck you up bad no matter how strong you think you are and it's obvious why it kills the weak. I don't doubt it possibly caused long term damage to me, shit is wicked and not just a couple days diarrhea.

>> No.11030594

>>11029682
1: Bad hotdogs from some gas station.
2: Bad waffles from some random freeway Wafflehouse (how the fuck?)
3: Pizza at Ducks Walk on the Fishes Backs or whatever the fuck the name was.
4: Solanine from green potatoes from a cafeteria.
5: Solanine from green potatoes from a local social event.

The only one I had any idea it might be bad was the pizza. The cheese was a slightly off-green shaded and I only ate a few bites. All incidents involved multiple people.

>> No.11030627

>>11029682
Eat only hot food and don't drink the water. And by hot i mean heated just in case you are retarded.

>> No.11030875

>>11030583
Yup. Food poisoning is no joke. I used to think people who stayed home from work because of food poisoning where just pussies and whiners, then I got E. Coli. Sickest I’ve ever been by far, and I’ve had IBS and occasional muscle pain ever since. That shit really will fuck your shit right up.

>> No.11030900

>>11030563
You might want to get checked for parasites

>> No.11030902

>Go to ghetto Cuban restaurant.
>Order daily special of chicken and yellow rice.
>Literally 60 seconds later a luke warm plate of food is set before me.
>Wolf that shit down.
>Three hours later stomach is upset.
>Hour after that I vomit a few times.
>Go home sick from work.
>Make it home just in time for the shits to start.
>Spend the next three days throwing up, heaving, and shitting.
>Can’t move much. Just lay in bed and sleep most of the time I’m not in the bathroom.
>Lost about 10 pounds.
>Never go back to that place.

>> No.11030905

>>11030900
Any particular reason why?

>> No.11030934
File: 87 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11030905
Fishes are often full of parasites, and if they're not cooked right, those parasites can take up residence in your gastrointestinal tract and fuck your shit up.

>> No.11030939

>>11030905
Foul smelling burbs, diarrhea which sounds similar to mine when I got infected plus South Asia makes me think giardia.

>> No.11030945
File: 23 KB, 350x230, IMG_1352-350x230-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11030934
I had them as samosas, which means that they were deep-fried. I suspected the food poisoning came from mishandling than improper cooking.

Also this was like 7 months ago, and I haven't had any gastrointestinal problems since. Maybe I am fucked up, but 7 months also seems like a long time to go without resurfacing symptoms.

I do appreciate you looking out for me, and I will talk to my doctor about this.

>> No.11030952

>>11029682
I went to China twice and only fucked my stomach once. That was the first time and I'm pretty sure it was unavoidable.

>Go to china with friend for 2 weeks
>food is horrible but am great sport so I eat everything given to me
>century eggs, live shrimp, I don't even know meat, a pure lump of fat
>hitme.jpeg
>Get the constant runs 3 days in
>Can't go anywhere without constant fear of dribbling diarrhea
>No throwing up. Just forever runs
>Sphincter of the gods
>I make it fine, but friend concerned that I go to the bathroom about every hour
>At dinner with chinese grandpa makes me eat two whole cloves of garlic
>My stomach makes a scooby doo "rut row" sound
>Shit so hard
>Semi hard poos after, soon fixed
>Eat some garlic dude if you can't avoid it
>next trip to China was delicious with no stomach issues

>> No.11030963

>>11029682
I made a pizza last week. Tomato sauce from a can, had been open in my fridge for a week probably. There were visible 1/2cm colonies growing on the surface, resembling Pseudomonas. So I took a spoon and removed them, then dumped out an inch or two of sauce.
Diarrhea 4 times that night.
Pizza was good tho.

>> No.11030971

fish sandwich

awful shits for the next 3 days, stomach felt tight and ached.

>> No.11030974

>>11030963
Digestive system of a demigod.

>> No.11030975

>>11030952
Asides that I got food poisoning from Steak and Shake once. I could feel that the burger was "off" but was hungry I didn't care. I had the usually shits and pukes. Sometimes I would puke so hard I would shit myself. I eventually got better but I had the runs for weeks. I just couldn't digest anything. I would drink orange juice and shit out an orange liquid. Pure hell.

>> No.11031004

>>11030583
Over 2600 serovars of Salmonella.
Really makes you think.

>> No.11031145

>>11029879
I got norovirus while I worked at The Indian Kitchen. The owners forced me to prep the food while I was projectile vomiting and shitting myself, they threatened to fire me if I went home. I was in agony and I was leaking from every orifice, but I kept reinfecting myself from exposure. I had noro for 3 and half weeks straight until I was hospitalized from dehydration, anemia and low blood sugar. The owners docked my pay while I was in the hospital. I ended up being homeless for 9 months after my hospital bills and negative net wage bankrupted me financially and emotionally. I finally got a new job at a steakhouse.
Nobody washed their hands, we were basically forbidden to. The sinks in the employee bathroom and kitchen were shut off and we had to use a hose from out back for water in the kitchen that laid on the ground most of the time. The owners refused to update the kitchen and we only had an extremely dirty tandoori oven, an extremely greasy griddle, a dirty microwave and a filthy stove with a regular oven that didn't work. We weren't allowed to properly clean anything because the head chef said it was a waste of time. They disabled all of the smoke detectors and smoked cigarettes and burnt incense and candles in the kitchen on top of the microwave.
They would drink beer and dance to Hindi pop music while pots of boiling oil were on the burners of the stove. It was the worst job I have ever had.

>> No.11031156

>>11031145
i hear lawsuit

>> No.11031166

>>11031145
>Nobody washed their hands, we were basically forbidden to.
I see that they're dedicated to maintaining the authenticity of their cuisine.

>> No.11031175

>>11031166
Based and redpilled

>> No.11031214

>>11029682
Slightly slimey mushrooms. Some worse than others. I washed them with water real good and ate them in a 2 egg burrito.

Stomach pains big time, I drank lots of water not knowing what was happening. Immediatly after the pains grumbling belly instant need to shit....floating mushrooms everywhere in the stool. Flush. 10 min later same thing just spurting shit colored water and mushrooms out of my ass like a firehose. This happened 2 more times in the next 20 min. Total of 4 flushes and floating whole mushrooms in everyone of them.

>> No.11031220

>>11030905
you're fine, the food was cooked, you sound like you just got exposed to heat stable toxins, which is usually from food that's past its prime/left out too long. Parasites would all be dead

>> No.11031266

>>11029682
When I was 9 I got it once. This was 19 years ago. I ate a can of Progresso Chicken and Noodle or Chicken and Rice, it was one of those. Nothing seemed wrong about the soup at all. I went to sleep that night and woke up in the middle of the night and had to puke already, I was puking and shitting myself for a couple of days.

>> No.11031272

>>11030451
Eat kimchi and yogurt/keffir
Your stomach biome got hit really badly and it probably hasn't recovered enough from it yet. Lacto-ferment domr cabbage and carrots or cucumbers and eat them with some lettuce you might not be fully cured but it should help

>> No.11031277

>>11031266
I also have to add that I had a good friend who took a trip to India and he got really sick to the point where he looked like a fucking skeleton whenever he came back to the states. You might have thought he was a step away from being a cancer patient if you didn't know him and where he was.

>> No.11031291

>>11031145
Most Indian kitchens are like this.

>> No.11031333

In college, I got a seafood pasta dish from a local Italian restaurant (in a shitty town in Indiana). It smelled a little fishy, but whatever. On the drive home, I was starting to feel queasy. Asked my girlfriend just to drop me off at my mum's house instead of hanging out for rest of the night. Proceeded to puke my fucking guts out, puke through the nose, smelled like low tide in the bathroom.

Couple months ago, I was having a lazy day at home. Decided to make rice and eat it with some nori I had. The nori was freeze dried and salted but it was also over a year expired. Think nothing of it. Just don't feel right after finishing and starting to feel bloated. Puked pretty watery, greenish black slime for a few minutes. Think I'm good. Nope. Go back for round 2. Get it all out of system. Sleep for rest of day.

>> No.11031346

>>11029682
I've had it once. Ate a late breakfast/early brunch at a place called Flappy Jacks in Covina California. Place came highly recommended and the place has a line out the door every weekend with folks rushing the place. Had a chicken fried steak and eggs with hashbrowns and I think I had coffee with it as well. Nothing tasted off about the meal and overall thought it was pretty decent, though a bit pricey. Fast forward about 6-7 hours later. Helping my gf at the time make dinner and I start feeling like...extremely tired and naseous. Having trouble standing at the stove and progressively getting more and more fatigued and feeling like I want to throw up.

Lie down on the bed for about 2 minutes when the urge to vomit hit so hard I nearly missed the toilet running to the bathroom. Puked for about 20 minutes until I was just dry heaving spittle, and then immediately turned around and started vacating my other end with fiery liquid shit.

Spent the next 3 days shitting out everything I ate or drank within about 5 minutes of consuming it. I could feel every single gulp of water or pedialyte or crackers work its way through my intestinal track and to my ass. Worst fucking experience of my life. Lost 23 pounds in the process too.

>> No.11031348

>>11031272
I drink a glass of kefir with ground flaxseed every morning. Tastes like ass, but gotta gut that gut flora back. I’m taking a probiotic supplement too. 12 strains with 60 billion bacteria per capsule.

>> No.11031365

I vomited a lot after getting soft serve from an ice cream truck. The worst food poisoning I ever had was from a gas station hot dog. Two days shitting my brains out.

>> No.11031367

>>11031348
Hey man, I'm a huge microbiome guy, but probiotics can be a little sketchy. Currently in med school, but in med school I did some research on probiotics. Cultured in an in-vitro styled dish, most probiotics don't even produce viable colonies, sadly. I'm not saying my one research project is revolutionary or the end-all-be-all on probiotics, just sharing my experiences. It's a cool idea, and I'm not going to tell you to stop trying, but if you have anything else that you would rather spend money on, you should probably do that.

>> No.11031371

>>11029682
happened too many times to count, heads starts to hurt and eventually it seems like it'll split in half, at that point I puke everything out and 5mins later I'm fine.
It is usually from the shit I ate out

>> No.11031376

>>11031367
Well, my gastroenterologist recommended this particular brand. It’s not really particularly expensive and I’m not hurting for cash either way.

Are there any other foods that’d be good? Kimchi gives me the shits right now. Not really a fan of fermented vegetables in general.

>> No.11031383

>>11031376
Honestly, from my learning, your microbiome is mostly established before you turn about 10 y.o. and altering it or improving it is pretty difficult. Gets into the realm of biohacking which is a huge fucking meme, but if you truly want to alter your gut flora, you could sign up for a fecal transplant (which isn't necessarily indicated and I don't know your situation). It would involve antibiotics to wipe out your current microenvironment and then having donor feces pumped into your GI tract to reseed it with a more "healthy" spread. I'm not advocating this for anyone who wouldn't need it.

>> No.11031498

>>11031383
Well, my symptoms aren’t really that bad these days anyway. The weed helps a pretty surprisingly large amount. I take a 20mg CBD oil twice a day, as well as a THC/CBD hybrid oil at night. Also have dried cannabis that I vape when my symptoms flare up.

I’m mostly fine at this point, I just occasionally get the shits after I eat. Not really sure what triggers it, it seems to be pretty random. It only happens like once every 2 weeks or so at this point, way better than it was. I’m hoping it’ll continue to improve over time.

>> No.11031654

>>11031498
I've had difficulty with chronic/frequent diarrhea in the past. Everyone has different triggers. I've cut down how much I eat per day to about 1200 to 1500 calories. As I side effect, I learned a lot of my diarrhea was from overeating.

>> No.11031712

>>11029682
Already prepared sandwich from one of the local bakeries. Didn't have to puke but felt like shit for 2-3 days. Won't buy prepared sandwiches again, so i learned my lesson.

>> No.11031716

>>11029682
Yes
Chicken strip salad from my local stater bros.
No it tasted fine, was seemingly fresh and everything.
I got a fever later that night along with chills, didn’t feel right at all for two days and then I got really bad diarrhea. Like pissing out of my ass. Lasted about a week almost. Maybe 5 days? Idk but I hated it the entire time.

>> No.11031747

Twice, both from truckstops. First time was a roller hot dog, second was from a pizza sub I ate without heating up.

Couldn't tell anything was wrong until it was way too late. Probably mishandled by workers as opposed to rotten ingredients as both tasted completely normal.

Symptoms hit around probably two or three hours later, but I seem to have a slow metabolism, so they probably come on sooner for most people.

>> No.11031764

>>11029682

Undercooked pork
Eggs that were 1 month past their best before date and where the yolks were already broken up in the egg shell, but didn't smell funny or taste funny
Sushi that I dropped on the table at the restaurant and picked up with my hand

Only had vomit and diarrhea with the undercooked pork, with the other two I actually just had a mild fever, nausea and didn't shit at all for 3-4 days

>> No.11031766

>>11029682
>Eat McD's
>Wake up next day
>Not lovin' it
>Puke in toilet
>Lay down on couch
>Fall asleep instantly
>Wake up
>Shit my shorts in my sleep
>Take shower in shorts to wash them
>Throw them in trash once they are clean so they don't stink up house
>Continue showering
>Hunch over the drain and shit my guts out
>Clean myself thoroughly
>Go back to couch
>No shit on couch thank god
>Lay a towel down just in case
>Go back to bed
>Wake up
>Puke
>Lay down
>Get back up to puke
>Lay down
>Puke again
>etc.
>Brush my teeth with shit ton of toothpaste and throw away toothbrush
>Mouthwash twice
>Rinse mouth with water and salt water again
>Chug water like a mad man
>Shit guts out on toilet again
>No idea what day or time it is
>Feel better after I sleep again

>> No.11031797
File: 268 KB, 703x796, foodpoisoning.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682

>> No.11031810

>>11029682
i worked at golden corral once. the work area was so filthy and so disgusting, that i literally got the flu from being around so much raw meat and so much filth. the entire dirty dishes area, you are in about 4 inches of dirty water. so much cross contamination going there. i worked there for 2 weeks, got violently ill (I did not even eat the food), and ended up leaving the job because I was sick for at least 2 more weeks. I got a better job and left immediately. But I will never, ever, ever eat at a Golden Corral ever. I know what goes on in the back and it was absolutely 3rd world filth. And ive worked many places, so I know whats appropriate and what isnt.

Also, subzone, which was an old restuarant back in the day in the 90s. ate one of their subs, and got incredibly sick again. so yeah, bad fortune on my part

>> No.11031818

Undercooked kidney beans fucked me up the worst.. sitting on the toilet doing the combo diarrhea and vomit at the same time.. worst day ever probably

>> No.11031829

>>11029682
>Bennigan's twice
>chicken, under cooked
Had to stay at a Holiday Inn with Bennigans in it for Reserve weekends.

>once from McDonalds
It was all I ate that day, so it was very clearly the culprit.

>> No.11031859

>>11031810
Anytime Golden Corral is mentioned, this must be posted.
http://www.pjwnex.us/media/text/Golden_Corral.txt

>> No.11031881

>Have you gotten food poisoning and if so, what did you eat (or at least where did you eat)?
I got food poisoning from eating a buttery Jack from Jack in the Box.
The bread tasted like plastic desu
It took about 12 hours and my belly hurt really bad. I vomited and felt so weak that i had to ask my sisters to watch my dogs. It's been about 2 years and i have not eaten Jack ever since.

>> No.11031889

>>11031859
weird wtf is that story?

>> No.11031893

Bad bacon at a friend's house. It looked kinda grey and weird but my friend's dad assured me that it wasn't spoiled and it was safe to eat. When I got home I was violently ill. Oddly enough, my friend and his dad didn't get sick from it.

>> No.11031922

I got food poisoning from some korean place. I had these blood sausages that tasted pretty good, but then about an hour later I began vomiting nonstop. I must have filled up 3 buckets by the morning, but I ruined my blankets and pillows. I had vommitted while sleeping, and holy fucking shit it was disgusting. The next day I was super weak and had an irritated stomach, but after that I felt fine. My dad however had a fucking Iron Stomach. He ate the exact same shit and didn't feel a thing. He did however drink an entire carton of expired milk, and eats old ass livercheese without issue so he might be a cyborg. Jesus Christ, just thinking of all the shit hes ate makes me feel sick.

>> No.11032311

>>11031893
They've clearly built up a resistance to it by regularly eating bad bacon.

>> No.11032387

I don't like seafood, so as a kid, my parents took me to Red Lobster, and I ordered a burger. I took a few bites and said it was horrible, and my dad got pissed and was shouting at me to eat it. After I was halfway through, he finally took a bite and realized it was fucking horrendous.

I was throwing up by the end of the night. Got to stay home the next day, and my mom bought my Glover on N64 to apologize.

>> No.11032405

I've only gotten food poisoning twice and both times it was from ( different ) pizza huts (never ate at pizza hut again since that second time) , tasted like i assume regular pizza hut pizza since none of my friends noticed anything off about it, and i remember the next day i was spewing out of both ends and wanted to die

>> No.11032425

How do I know if I have worms eating my brain? Or any kind of worm really?

Is there like a jack of all trade drug I can take to purge them all?

>> No.11032441

>>11031175
Fuck off already fagcunt

>> No.11032479

>>11029682
I experienced literally all of those symptoms pictured from eating some seafood that wasnt cooked well enough. I was sick for 3 days

>> No.11032488

>>11032387
>Glover
What a piece of shit game. That said I liked it. I miss being a kid and thinking every game was awesome.

>> No.11032490

Funny those are the exact symptoms i get from alcohol withdrawl

>> No.11032497

>>11029682
>in Lisabon, having a great ol´time
>check tripadvisor for resturants near the airBnB in at
>Ah, this looks neat
>small local place, lots of local football stuff and its obvious locals come here to watch football
>the cook looks like bismarck, broken english but very friendly guy
>i order squid and he asks if i want the ink with it? i say yes cuz i had never had that
>eat it, it was good
>go home, slam some beers go to bed
>woke up shitting the bed and feeling like hell
>stumble out of my shitbed towards the bathroom
>oh no, we are not gonna make it.jpg
>projectile vomit all over a white wall
>BLACAK SQUID INK VOMIT
all over the wall
>spend the night in the batroom shitting, vomiting and passing out

>> No.11032514
File: 322 KB, 500x344, 1533509812762.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
Me and my family ate chinese food and there was no noticeable bad taste. Next day, almost all of us are sweaty and vomiting profusely. All we ate was bread and Gatorade only to vomit it out again. It was terrible and I couldn't eat chinese for years.

>> No.11032599
File: 37 KB, 1280x720, DRY BABY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Food poisoning

>> No.11032614

>>11032599
eggs don't food poison though

>> No.11032618

Had salmonela as a kid. I don't know exactly what I ate, but had to go to the hospital because it dehydrated me.

>> No.11032633

I've only gotten food poisoning once and I'm fairly positive it was from chicken fettuccine alfredo that I got at Boston Pizza. I spent almost three days violently shitting out yellow water while being buzzed to the point of near delirium on gravol

>> No.11032641

One time I went to Bangkok, I didn't even want to, but a friend was egtting married and he wanted to go there and I don't know, fuck cheap hookers or something.

The food was so shitty, everything was dirty, we mostly ate in the hotel in the end. One time we went to some Thai place that had high ratings, even while I was eating I already felt I have to take a shit. I had diarhea for days, it was the worst. If I were in Europe I would at least know that in the worst case I can go to a hospital and I will be fine, but instead I was in some hot as fuck shithole, in a room with 2 of my friends and we all took turns shitting several times a day. Traveling is a meme.

>> No.11032763

Ate at a place called Shepardos. They moved locations years after my food poisoning because the original was in the ghetto and had been cockroach infested

It was fettuccini alfredo. But I dont know if the food poisoning was from my exes family not knowing how to wash their dishes or if the food was bad. Im gonna say both

>> No.11032855

>>11029682
Last case I got the timing could not have been worse and what's more I'm still unsure what the culprit was; it was either the cafeteria fish I had for lunch or the mushroom ravioli I had for dinner and long story short my night was ruined.
>Friday, cafeteria had fish for lunch
>went out with qt3.14 gf right after work, walking downtown, enjoying the weather
>go to this little Italian place, order the mushroom ravioli
>about half an hour after we eat I start feeling flush, shake it off as I'm still in date mode
>2 hours later and we're stargazing, I have to keep shifting around as my stomach is making weird noises, a sign of things to come
>head back home, I feel all clammy, break out in a flop sweat
>spend the next hour on the toilet
>writhe around in agony in bed all night, alternatingly freezing and sweating, rushing to the bathroom every hour or so
The next day my joints were on fire and it hurt to open my eyes. Haven't had mushroom ravioli or that fish since

>> No.11032881

>>11029682
Once that I can remember.
Shared a massive out of date trifle with a housemate.
She brought it back from work (was a carer for old people, a client insisted she took it home)... but we didn't realise it was 2 days out of date till we were already halfway through eating it.
Thought "fuck it, how bad can it be 2 days out of date?"...
It was bad.
Real very fucking bad.
It would have been worse if we didn't have 2 bathrooms in the flat we lived in... fucking hell we were both shitting and puking for 3 days straight with absolutely no respite.
It was relentless.
She was texting me from the other toilet saying "you still alive?" every so often because we didn't see each other at all... her boyfriend had to keep coming to bring us pints of water in the bathrooms because we couldn't move away from the seat or the sink.

Never fucking again am I eating an out of date trifle, fuck that.

>> No.11033068

>>11029682
I used to do a bit of work in india, and invariable ended up with the runs or sick as a result of my short stays
One time I had to fly in for a conference, one working day and fly the fuck out the same day, i didn't eat on the plane on the way there, i went straight from airport to the venue did my preso talked to some fokl and went the fuck home, i drank nothing but bottled water.
I got sick as fuck on the plane going home.
The air itself is infectious there is no avoiding it, you either get sick as fuck or you don't,
Enjoy.

>> No.11033084
File: 115 KB, 225x203, designated.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
had it once
>shitting and vomiting straight
>at the same time
>spent 2 days on the toilet with a bucket in my face
>4 more days anything i ate or drank came out again the moment i swallowed it
>odorless watery shits for 6 days total
>even shat the bed twice when i thought i had to fart

fun times
and i still dont know where i catched it

>> No.11033120

Ordered Dominos sandwiches and was in the bathroom all night, every 15 minutes was either painful dry heaving or painful diarrhea. Took a week to fully recover.

>> No.11033132

>>11033084

Sounds more like norovirus.

>> No.11033144

>>11032599
DRY BABY

>> No.11033174
File: 248 KB, 480x640, 1486527588371.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
>>Have you gotten food poisoning and if so, what did you eat (or at least where did you eat)?
Yes. I ate pork chops which I cooked at home.
They smelled bad before I cooked them - I knew they were off. I was college-student poor at the time and didn't want to throw out what could have been ten meals worth of meat, so I cooked them anyway, and tried to cook them really well to kill any bacteria.
I ate the first one around 9pm and was up 6ish hours later in the middle of the night pouring diarrhea and vomit from both ends. I only puked and shit after eating the first 3-4 of them. I stopped puking and shitting after a while despite still eating all the pork chops. I like to think I am now immune to food poisoning.

>> No.11033179

>>11029682
its been a long time since i had food poisoning.
i remember just having diarrhea.

>> No.11033183

>>11029892
Ate a Chinese buffet called Chinese buffet. Fucking puked and shit my ass out for 3 days. I'm a fucking chink too

>> No.11033209

>>11030594
Stop eating green potatoes.

>> No.11033219
File: 243 KB, 905x881, displeased kot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
Yeah, twice. Once at a Red Robin getting a burger, once at a Chinese place called "No. 1" located next to a GameStop in a shopping plaza. At the latter, I just got general tso's and tried some dumplings.

Not in either case, though it was the first time I'd ever gotten dumplings. It seemed pretty average. Some of the Chinese food was even pretty good, I still get the fried dumplings from other places.

8 hours or so from Red Robin. We ate for lunch, and were gonna go see a movie that night. We got to the parking lot of the movies, and I realized I felt awful, and that I needed to go home. I spent a couple days shitting and puking, mostly at the same time.
The Chinese food was fine at first, it didn't hit anybody until we were all waking up the next day. Then the whole family wound up rotating in and out of the bathroom for like three days.

>> No.11033239

About 2 years ago we had some cabbage in some dinner, and days after everyone who had eaten it got terrible abdominal cramps at least.

>> No.11033287

>>11029682

Yeah, Sonny's BBQ
Nah, seemed fine
About 6 hours I think

>> No.11033316

Had salmonella once. I seriously almost died from it before i got to the hospital. Got it from a chicken sandwich from some shitty local pizza place. It did taste off and i only ate a few bites. Dr said it was prb either the chicken or onions most likely chicken. I was on an iv in intensive care for almost two days. I wasn't able to eat solid food for more than 2 weeks after. It felt like my entire digestive system was full of concrete even though i had nothing in it. That lasted almost two weeks. Even when i did start eating again it took me weeks more to get back to normal

>> No.11033372

>>11029682
My family is so big they make two turkeys for thanksgiving but not as many people showed up one year and they still cooked two. One of them sat out basically all day as decoration. When we had turkey enchiladas the next day for lunch literally all the millenials got sick and none of the boomers did. I was only queesey but something was definitely wrong

Then again the older generation grew up eating grandma's food, and she would regularly just cut off the green parts that formed on chicken pieces before cooking. They didn't have a refrigerator for a long ass time. The first got electricity when my dad was 12

>> No.11033374

>>11029682
If you are an Americunt, you live in constant state of food poisoning, only you are used to it. Also shart in mart. :P

>> No.11033380

>>11033316
I know that feeling. When I had my really bad food poisoning, I basically couldn’t eat for 3 weeks. I drank Gatorade, and I’d force myself to eat a banana, or a handful of almonds, or a few saltine crackers or something, but even that was difficult. I had zero appetite whatsoever, and eating was almost physically painful. I tried drinking those meal replacement shakes, but I couldn’t keep them down. Probably the dairy or fat content in them.

>> No.11033403

>>11029682
I don't know why but every time I go to Tijuana I end up having a bad headache and sometimes have the feeling of throwing up by the time I'm crossing back to the US. I don't know if it's the food or the air or some shit.

>> No.11033415

i went with a friend to visit her friend in salem oregon. we got breakfast burritos from abiertos and wound up getting something really nasty. we both shit and puked constantly for 2 days. I woke up and my friend said she was sick, and im like lol that sucks 4 u and then a few hours later i wake up again and run to the bathroom. i didn't make it to the toilet and puked on the door with a force strong enough to actually open the door, something i still brag about today. the worst part was that because you're shitting and puking all the liquid in your body out you drink a shit ton of water and then you just throw it back up half an hour later. shit was awful would not recommend

>> No.11033424

>>11033415
One time when I was sick, I managed to somehow get puke all over the wall behind a coat that was hung up without getting a drop on the coat. It was at a friend’s cottage, and they didn’t find the puke until 2 days later when someone took the coat down. I still have no idea how I managed to do that.

>> No.11033428

>>11033424
>they didn’t find the puke until 2 days later when someone took the coat down.
what the fuck anon at least i cleaned my shit up

>> No.11033435

>>11033428
We did clean it up, or at least we thought we did. I was projectile vomiting all over the fucking room. We cleaned up everything we saw at the time. We missed the stuff behind the coat because who the fuck thinks there’s gonna be puke on the wall behind a coat that looks completely pristine?

>> No.11033654

>>11029682
mcdonalds vegetarian sub many years ago
hit me pretty early
fell asleep naked on the bathroom floor after hours of shitting and vomiting
lasted a few days
didnt enjoy it desu

>> No.11033665

>>11029682
Once. The one and only time I had pizza from Pizza Hut
Not really, it just tasted like sub-par pizza.
5-10 hours, I think.

>> No.11033806

>>11029682
Jersey Mike's. Several weeks of agony. Wound up in hospital for two days. I had to withdraw from a whole semester of college because of a fucking club hero. Needless to say, fuck Jersey Mike's. Found out years later from a former employee that the owner would take the expired meats out of the dumpster and wash them off at the end of the day.

>> No.11033853

>>11029682
>Malaise

WTF is "Malaise"?
French mayonnaise?

>> No.11033884

yes
no
anywhere from fifteen minutes to six hours
may god have mercy on your soul

>> No.11033893

>>11033853
a general feeling of sickness

>> No.11034012

>>11031810
That's funny cause I remember eating at golden corral with my cousin and on the drive home he went to a gas station to throw up and a bit later he just pulled over, opened the car door and puked again on the road. I was fine though

>> No.11034038

>>11030952
Garlic is supposed to have anti-bacterial properties. Is there truly any way ingesting a large amount helped knock out that bacteria in your gut. Ancient chinese secret

>> No.11034041

Had raw shellfish and lobster at some well known and expansive restaurant. The food smellled fine and tasted good. Was asleep for a few hours and woke up with a feeling like I had to puke. Ran towards the bathroom and projectile vomited on the bathroom mirror and in the sink. The smell was zo bad. Had to puke for 2 hours and fell asleep. Felt fine when I woke up.

>> No.11034225

I’m not white so i’ve never had “food poisoning”

>> No.11034282

>chick-fil-a chicken sandwich
>nope
>felt warm and delirious within 45 minutes of eating it
>overcome by an immense thirst that didn't seem to go away no matter how much water I drank
>began puking my guts out 20 minutes later
My other family members who ate there also got sick. It's also where I learned that you can't trust a fart when sick.

>> No.11034297

>>11034225
Every race gets food poisoning, idiot. I'm not white and I got food poisoning

>> No.11034402

Pizza with ground beef on it.
It tasted a little off but I was very hungry and chalked it up to the tabasco being a bit sour.
Took maybe four hours, then I vomited a lot. Didn't help much. I got diarrhea for several days, ended up shitting nothing but a grey-yellow paste that stank of stomach acid and burned my ass like fire.
It was horrible.

>> No.11034448

I caught the norovirus from an Olive Garden once. Not really food poisoning but still a food borne illness, which is what you have to worry about in India.

Went into work in the morning. Very slow day. Started feeling tired pretty early. Half an hour later I felt like I was coming down with a flu and needed to go home. Half an hour later I had no doubt I was very ill, and needed to leave immediately.

My home is about a ten minute drive from work. I barely made it home I was so weak and disoriented. I couldn't even make it upstairs to my bedroom, just flopped down on my living room couch. I laid there about an hour, feeling that awful feeling you only get when you've got a high fever. Got up to puke a couple times. I think I checked my fever around then at it was 103 F. Sometime later I managed to get upstairs and to bed. I knew I needed to take a fever reducer and water, but I was throwing up so much I couldn't even keep water down. That's when it started getting really scary. I knew between the throwing up and the shits that I was getting very very dehydrated. Eventually that stopped the shits at least, and I was only throwing up water, but it was still pretty bad. Some time in my fever state I checked my temp and it was 105. I knew I should have gotten to a hospital, but my phone was downstairs and I was too weak to get it. At some point I fell asleep or passed out, and by the time my wife got home my fever had reduced to 102, and felt the hospital was no longer necessary. That was the most intense it got. Still was a mess for a couple more days.

Only found out about it a couple of weeks later when I randomly read a news article that the CDC had investigated that particular Olive Garden for norovirus on the particular day I had eaten there.

>> No.11034481

>>11029682
>yes, got it from a salmon sandwich in an amusement park. In hindsight, I should probably not have ordered fish in 35 degree weather
>nope, not at all.
>symptoms started out light the day after, got very bad on day two, better but still not good on day three, and completely gone on day four

>> No.11034769

>>11031272
Nigga, the smell of Kimchi alone can make me puke

>> No.11034777

>>11031346
kek, my friend's dad ate 15 dragonfruits on a vacation and lost 15 lbs. He had to "switch stalls" and got taken to the ER

>> No.11034849

>>11029682
Went to an Indian restaurant once. Got giardiasis, it lasted for around 2 weeks. Its the one you get when the chef doesn't wash shit from their hands.
>liquid diarrhea shits on the hour
>sulphur/rotten egg burps a few times every minute

>> No.11034888

>>11034769
go be a nigger elsewhere

>> No.11034904

>>11030498
jesus christ, I didn't know about the stroke thing

His videos seem even more obscene with his broken, obesity/bad diet induced stroke-body

>> No.11035274

>>11029682
Yes but I never throw up.

My bowels hurt like a motherfucker, hurts so bad I have to crouch forward when I walk. Explosive farts and yellow diarrhea for a few hours. Head gets ridiculously hot and body goes cold. Feel like death. I never vomit though.

Last time was from a bad orange. I thought it tasted funky but I ate it anyway. I checked the rest of the oranges and they were covered i mold so...
It took about 8 hours to hit me hard.

All that pain from a 60 calorie orange. Size doesn't matter.

>> No.11035277

>>11032441
No, Pajeet.

>> No.11035282

>>11029682
I got food poisoning after eating a chicken entree on a VIA Rail train between Montreal and Toronto. Nothing appeared wrong with the food when I ate it. Symptoms hit about six hours later and I was shitting and puking uncontrollably for about three days or so. Fuck VIA Rail.

>> No.11035452
File: 2.00 MB, 250x248, 1419357172260.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
>Have you gotten food poisoning and if so, what did you eat
Fish and chips
>Did the food taste or smell weird/off at the time of consumption
No but coming down from a 3 day bender so my sense of taste was shit at that point
>How long did it take for the symptoms to hit
About 6 or so hours

This was a few years ago when I was drinking heavily, at first I thought it was just the worst hangover I have ever had at the time. I was puking and shitting for 2 and thought I was gonna die at one point. Only found out a few weeks later that the fish and chip placed had majorly failed a health inspection the day after I ate there. At the time tho I didn't question what was wrong with me because it was common for me to wake up and vomit and have never ending yellow diarrhea. Sure as hell glad I have my drinking under much better control now.

>> No.11035631

>>11029682
Funny that you ask.
Just yesterday I was running in a cementary/park I didn't know and I got lost. Instead of running for 30 min I was running for over an hour. After about 45 min I got worried because it was a really, really hot day and I did not drink enough water before leaving home for a run longer than 30 min. There was no one in sign and if I collapsed probably no one would find me for hours.

Granted I probably was overreacting, I'd probably last more than an hour running without water, but better safe then sorry. I found a water tap along the road and first poured it over my head, but then - because I'm retarded - I took a swig of that water, just to avoid dehydration. Right away I regretted it, since I didn't know how clean the water was.

When I got back I was really worried about getting some kind of stomach poisining from the water, but fortunately it's been over 24 hours and I'm fine, so I'm out of the woods. But that was stupid of me.

>> No.11035920

>>11029682
The last time I got food poisoning was about three years ago. I can't even remember what it was I ate, but I remember it took like 8 hours to start feeling it.
I was basically incapacitated for a little over a day due to fever and abdominal pain.

>> No.11036001

>11029682
>Have you gotten food poisoning
yes
>and if so, what did you eat (or at least where did you eat)?
burrito from a local mexican place
nope, was perfectly fine
About 10 hours.

the story goes:
>started feeling like shit when I got to work that morning
>spent most of that morning taking the heater out of an excavator while trying to not shit myself, basically have to do a handstand to get to where the parts are
>say "fuck it", sprint over to the portajohn and let loose some nasty watery shit
>get cleaned up, pants back on, walk about 10 feet out the door and pass out in the mud
>wake up, say "fuck it" again, go home and shit and puke for the next three days

>> No.11036047

>>11034777
fuck that sucks man. :( Glad you at least made it out of it.

>> No.11036053

>>11029682
>Where
The three times I've gotten it has all been from the same major mall in the my city eating chicken dishes. A small ramen place, Buffalo Wild Wings and the Mandarin Chinese Buffet.

>Food taste weird?
Not exactly but I did notice my appetite died a lot quicker then usual during the meals from Buffalo Wild Wings and the Mandarin

How long?
It's usually within 6-8 hours, abdominal pain and diarrhea first and then vomiting later on, malaise and fever usually come before and after the vomiting in waves.

>> No.11036210
File: 320 KB, 758x720, 1528710271363.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
The worst food poisoning would have to be in December of 2013

>Be me
>Be December of 2013
>Wew little lad
>Mom is working at her job
>Dad is a bit drunk
>Haven't ate nothing that day
>Dad in a desperate attempt to make some type of food this fights having no ingredients makes a 3 week old stuffing with some Peta bread
>It wasn't a lot but it helped the hunger
>Had some McDonalds at day after my mom got out of work
>Next day
>Started having a sour feeling in my stomach, I thought Pepto-Bismol would help a little
>Tried to shit it out but nothing will come out
>An hour to pass and I started the billing the pain a little on my lower body where my intestines are
>Little pain grew immensely into intense pain
>started screaming and yelling in pain because it was so intense.
>Nearly fainted because it was that bad
>Started having cold sweats and the worst case of diarrhea in my life
>The pain was still there still bad but not it was a few hours ago.
>Figure out that it was both some sort of gastrointestinal blockage that cause a cramp in the intestines and stomach virus.
>I couldn't go to the hospital because they didn't have insurance and it didn't want to pay $50,000 for this.
>I was incapacitated for about a month
>Couldn't eat anything for weeks to the point that I lost 30 pounds just from not eating anything.
>Had to use the bathroom every 15 to 30 minutes everyday for about a month, my body would still puke even if there's nothing left.
>Could even walk, had to crawl inch by inch with my back hunched like an 90 year old old man because of the pain
>Every time I think I would fart, shit would come out instead.
>Had to change underwear twice a day for an entire month
>Had to drink only electrolyte drinks like Pedialyte and couldn't eat anything because my body will reject the food
>I could even go to school for the entire month because my body was so fucked up.
>Honest to God I thought I was going to die

This was the worst experience in my life

>> No.11036226

Not sure if it was food poisoning but I once got really sick and projectile vomited all over my carpeted floor so hard I shit myself. I vomited a ton in the next few hours and couldn't get off the toilet. I went to the doctor the next day and they made me go in the back and take IV saline for like 3 hours. The nurse said I took almost 4 liters before I was ok to leave. I couldn't eat anything for three straight days and the thought of eating made me feel sicker.

>> No.11036241

>>11032441
non-white non-human detected

>> No.11036263

>>11029682
I get it like twice a month

>> No.11036391

>>11031156
They closed the restaurant and moved back to India after a group of people got sick.

>> No.11036417

Had some lasagna and cannelloni from a local italian deli sort pf place. Got it late at night so it had probably been sitting out all day. Got bloated as fuck shortly after the meal and at first i only had really bad gas. After a few hours i realized something wasn't right and had to rush to the toilet. It was the first time i was leaking out of both ends at the same time, had to sit on the john with a bucket in my lap. Had a fever and was sweating like a pig. It was one of the worst nights of my life. The place has since closed.

>> No.11036486
File: 40 KB, 540x555, 1508763655539.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
>got off work at 11pm
>go to mcds cuz hungry af
>burgers tasted fine
>get home go to bed
>wake up abruptly around 8am
>vomit in trashcan
>it keep coming until i start dry heaving
>stomach,throat, mouth are in burning agony cuz of acid
>stumble to bathroom
>still dry heaving(super fucking painful) so i chug cold water so i at least have something to throw up
>finally after 20-30min it settles down
>start to sweat and tum starts to rumble
>constant stream of poo water for what seems like minutes
>clean myself up, feel relaxed that its all out of my system
>start shitting again, but its more like water and mucus than poo
>start throwing up again
>the cycle continues till about 8-9pm
>every 15-20 min id poo
>every 30-4-min id get increasingly nausous and dizzy till id throw up
>theyd occasionally synch up and come out both ends at the same time
>every hour id empty the trashcan that was mostly just water i had thrown up, was still cold sometimes too
>i tried pepto,nausea pills,tums pretty much anything in my medicine cabinet, nothing helped or worked in the slightest
>at about 8 it started to slow down
>nausea stopped
>then pooping eventually stopped
>been stuck on the toilet for ~12hours havnt left the bathroom
>clean myself up a bit
>stumble to kitchen to get water and saltines
>stumble to livingroom couch
>start sweating again and panting
>cant catch breath, super light headed
>feel too exhausted to eat
>try drinking water but cant hold breath long enough to take a sip
>sit there completely still for the next +1 hour or so
>cant summon up the strength to move at all
(probably shouldve went to the hospital but was too out of it)
>eventually fall asleep
>wake up next morning and feel mostly ok
>have diarrhea the next 3 days
>weighed myself, lost 22lbs(i was more of a fat fuck back then but still)

worst fucking experience of my life but it at least got me off fast food and started me eating healthty

pic related

>> No.11036532

Got it bad from some kebab in Cambodia. I was about halfway through and then the person I was with realized the meat was rank. Spent a whole day bedridden, and had trouble keeping food down for about a week. Also had the worst shits for 2-3 days. The moment I felt it coming I had to rush to a toilet because it would pour out the second I even relaxed my asshole (learnt after shitting myself).
I never had problems with any other street food, I just don't trust turks.

>> No.11038344

I got gout from working at a BBQ place. The owner was a nice dude, let us eat as much BBQ as we wanted while we were working, so I wound up eating basically nothing but brisket, ribs, and pulled pork for weeks.

For those of you not aware, gout happens when too much uric acid builds up in your bloodstream. The acid crystallizes in your joints, usually in one or both of your feet. So basically, your literally being stabbed by crystals made of acid 24/7, which is metal as fuck. Anyway, it hurt so bad I couldn’t even put a sock on my right foot. It’s a dull, constant pain, but it’s piercing, just seems to cut right through your pain tolerance. Felt like my foot was on fire. Sheer agony for 3 days, followed by a week or so of discomfort.

Worked that job for 4 years, great times. Took it easy on the meat after that, though.

>> No.11038362

>>11029858
Only time I had food poisoning was from a subway too

>> No.11038675

Twice.

Undercooked "meat feast" pizza from a shitty takeaway place. It did taste different to the other times I had it. Took effect in about 12 hours.

Second time was a mixed grill of steak, lamb and pork chops, gammon and chicken at a restaurant. Nothing about it seemed off. Ate that on a Saturday night, Awoke Monday morning at around 4am, ran to bathroom and was furiously shitting as I was leaning forwards and throwing up in the tub as I had a tiny bathroom at that place.

Pizza was two days, but the second one was three solid days of symptoms, really fucked me over. 4 other people in the group I was with were also sick but I was the worst as I had the most animals.

>> No.11038852

>>11029682
My local fast food places are getting worse, every other time I go I get some kind of stomach problem. Luckily that gives me incentive to fast after pigging out when drunk

>> No.11038860

>>11029892
Maine? I have a China taste down the street

>> No.11038868
File: 49 KB, 500x375, 1390698289582.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm not even reading the thread but I know it's full of retards saying they got sick after eating X and clearly that was the reason despite their constant human contact spreading viruses and bacteria and other pathogens

>> No.11039060

>>11029744
food poisoning lasts no more than 24 hours. you might have had the flu or a stomach virus.

>> No.11039083
File: 147 KB, 858x800, 12BC0562-8B94-4731-9CD2-EF20B235DDE1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11038868
>human contact spreading viruses and bacteria
Like when a human handles food?

>> No.11039234

>>11033084
how are you supposed to clean your bed when you shit in it ?

>> No.11040497

>>11029792
I also got fucked up in Afghanistan, but it was from the fucking Indians in the dfac. Ate with an Afghan unit most days for lunch at their dfac, but the day I got food poisoning a sandstorm shutdown our operations.

>> No.11040560

I ate a "tongue taco" (not sure if beef tongue but no clue what other tongue it could be) at a re-opened mexican fast food restaurant in my town. I loved the place as a kid so I had to go back and get it when they re-opened.

Drove home and got horrible food poisoning after about 12 hours. within those 12 hours I ate a single glazed donut and wanted to scarf down a whole pizza for some reason. But about an hour after my pizza cravings, instant puke. which really sucked because i have a serious fear of puking. took me like 36 hours to get back to normal

>> No.11040564

>>11031333
Where in Indiana did you go to school, lad? University of Evansville alum here.

>> No.11040626

>>11040560
Probably beef tongue, because there's a lot of meat on those. Other tongues aren't commercially viable in North America.

>> No.11040635

>>11029682
long john silver's a few years ago
the food had bits of black on it and I knew it was from a dirty fryer but I ate it anyway like a retard
got really light headed and weak a couple hours later and eventually had diarrhea and vomiting for 3 days straight.

>> No.11040700

>order a seafood pasta at Italian restaurant
>smells kinda off but everyone at the table tells me it's fine
>get home
>sweats, stomach cramps, weak knees
>run to the bathroom and strip naked
>put head at the toilet to vomit
>the force of the vomit makes me shit and I cover the floor and the wall in diarrhea
>switch spots
>vomit on the floor
>hop in shower to clean myself
>use 2 full jugs of bleach to clean the mess.
I went back to the same restaurant 2 years later for my cousin's birthday and the same thing happened.

>> No.11040774

>>11040700
>his palms are sweaty
>knees weak, arms are heavy
>there's vomit on his sweater already
>wrong spaghetti
>he looks nervous, but on the surface he's nude and ready
>to drop bombs, but he keeps on forgetting
>that his head's down, and his butthole's up and out
>he opens his mouth, and the puke's still coming out
>the force is now, pushing further on his butthole, ow
>shit flies out, on to the walls, blaow!

>> No.11041501
File: 71 KB, 416x600, 1476801072534.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
I was in Amsterdam with my brother and cousin, and we decided to go to a decent restaurant. I ordered pasta carbonara, which tasted very good.
About an hour/ hour and a half later, my stomach started to feel very pained, and i was woozy and feeling sick. This lasted for quite some time, until i finally found a toilet and had to spend close to an hour there because of explosive diarrhea. Luckily there was no vomiting, and i felt much better after i exiting the toilet.
So as an answer to your question OP, the food tasted good and it took about an hour. Not sure if the pasta was the main culprit though.

>> No.11041669

>>11029682
I've had it before but it isn't something that I tend to remember. Last time was at a beer festival in Melbourne
Smelt fine, tasted fine
Might have been about 6 hours?

>> No.11042411

>>11041501
I go to Amsterdam several times a year, had food poisoning a couple times there. You really gotta avoid the shifty middle eastern places. A lot of the tourist restaurants there are run by Moroccans or Egyptians, and they give zero fucks. I bought a strawberry tart at one of those places and the dough tasted sour. I don’t even know how that’s possible. It had to have been sitting out for like a week. I avoid those places like the plague now.

>> No.11042476

I've had food poisoning past the age of 7. I grew up poor my diet consisted of cross contaminated food. Even at shady buffets, my friends would get sick and I would be totally fine.

>> No.11042478

>>11042476
never had*

>> No.11042832

>>11031859
The way the dude writes is so cringe I can't bring myself to ever finish this

>> No.11043047

I had a roommate in college who would "get food poisoning" a lot. I figured out later that it was probably his rampant alcoholism. Since then, I've "gotten food poisoning" twice, both times from pink chicken.

>> No.11043075

>>11029682
I cooked some chicken that was like just barely not fully cooked. I didn't realize it at the time since I was a trash cook but now I know it was bad.
Tasted fine. Was just a little more juicy that usual, everything was white on the inside.
I was fine the whole day but the next day when I awoke I knew something was off. Spent the whole day in bed, shit myself a little. Just lots of diarrhea and stomach pains with fatigue. Went away right after that.

>> No.11043086

>>11034904
What the fuck Ja/ck/ had a stroke?!

>> No.11043125

>>11043086
He’s had like 3.

>> No.11043130

>>11043125
Seriously? I know hes a fat shit but goddamn 3 strokes? How is he still alive and not a vegetable or something?

>> No.11043168

>>11043130
My theory is that he’s not. He’s been dead for years, but his body has been hijacked by a now-sentient mass of salmonella and e coli bacteria. Kind of like the roach in Men in Black.

The Jack you see in videos is merely a skin suit. The bacteria’s master plan is to take over the world by infecting everyone on the planet, which they do through YouTube videos of undercooked food.

>> No.11043210

>>11043168
>The bacteria’s master plan is to take over the world by infecting everyone on the planet, which they do through YouTube videos of undercooked food.
my god

>> No.11043289
File: 46 KB, 640x636, 1533438502943.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
I've got it 3 times this year already, one of them was because i was dumb and forgot a jar of mayo out of the fridge, the other 2 i have no idea how i got them
No, i'm usually very aware of these things and try to avoid anything that tastes/smells expired, but it just happened because bad luck
1 day, then if you don't go to the hospital you can get from 3 days to a full week feeling bad

I don't live in India tho, but live in another shitty third world country and i'm always buying street food

pic not related

>> No.11044385

>>11039234
Buy new sheets, clean the mattress as well as possible, flip it, then hope for the best

>> No.11044529

>>11029682
I ate a turkey sandwich at the Beaver St Brew pub in Flagstaf AZ.

On the walk back to the hotel I complained about how I didn't feel well and needed to go to bed. My friend was pissed cause she wanted to go get wasted and explore.

Sometime in the middle of the night I woke up and ran full speed towards the bathroom, colliding with her bed on the way waking her up. She yelled WTF while I projectile vomited for a few minutes.

go back to bed

Sometime later, wake up and run full speed into her bed again on my way to the bathroom, but this time i start projectile shitting. I get to the toilet but my pj's are finished so I just put them in the trash while im sitting.
I then proceeded to lay down in the bathtub shitting and puking for the next 4 hours.

..go back to bed.

My friend can't wake me up so she forges my signature on my credit card for us to stay another night. I wake up in the afternoon sweating heavily. I'm under the blankets, the heat is on, and its 80 deg outside, but i'm shivering while i sweat.

She leaves to go explore the town, and I try to watch TV. I Can't its just blurry, can't focus. So I go back to sleep.

I was fine the next day provided I didn't consume anything that wasn't a sports drink or a banana. A couple of days of that I had a burger and fries and nearly had a repeat of the first night.

I got antibiotics about 5 days later because it wouldn't go away
food poisoning sucks

>> No.11045066

>>11039060
Had salmonella once, it lasted two weeks. Salmonella doesn't fuck about like a one night stand.

>> No.11045221
File: 268 KB, 700x842, thonks.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>read thread
>chicken or fish general

>> No.11045282

>>11029682
>>Have you gotten food poisoning and if so, what did you eat (or at least where did you eat)?
I've gotten it from Denny's and Starbucks. Twice from Starbucks actually. No longer eat at either.
Not any more than any other shitty food.
Later that day or the next morning.

>> No.11045701

>>11029682
I ate bad turkey that had sat out all day. I was wasted and it was residence Thanksgiving, no one bothered to throw out the bird so my dumb ass dug in. I felt sick within 5 or so hours, and it lasted for about 30 hours. I was super dehydrated and shivering.

>> No.11045837

>>11029682

>be me, manager for a legislative analytics platform
>aquire super rare security clearance (2 people have it in my entire state and I'm 1 of them)
>spend 75+ hours per week on the senate floor of my state's congress
>work 14 hour shift, go get wasted immediately after on bourbon and cocaine
>meet girl at bar, fuck at her place
>wake up to boss calling me
>"get to the capitol, anon, the senate is actually doing shit"
>rush over in yesterday's suit
>by the time I get there the senate is doing nothing, as usual
>decide to get quiznos
>they slather my sandwich in mayo
>very suspicious tasting mayo

later

>back on senate floor
>sweating bullets
>yesterday's suit
>covered in rando pussy smell
>yesterday's liqour & cocaine are battling with today's rancid mayonnaise
>I begin to force myself to breathe manually
>fingers are tingling, feeling numb
>heart is racing
>is_this_a_heart_attack.gif
>go into private senate bathroom
>black hangover shit makes me feel momentarily better, have to hold heinous farts until members of the legislature leave so I am not discovered
>10 minutes since I shit, go again
>feel worse this time
>beg my boss to let me go home
>"anon, this is the biggest day of the session, shit is happening and you are the only one with clearance to be there. Do not leave."
>Already on thin ice with directors bc they found out I had sex with my secretary (story for another time)
>have one of my underlings bring me crackers and ginger ale
>they call my boss and say I can't continue, director will not let me leave
>unable to wear top button and tie due to over heating, start hyperventilating
>going to bathroom every 5 mins now, just about every senator has taken notice

This went on for hours. After they adjourned I couldn't even drive home and had to get an Uber. I didn't even go home, I went to my parent's house unannounced because I didn't want to die alone at my apartment. It was amazing how fast the poison mayo hit me. New respect for food poison.

>> No.11046066

>>11031145
You shouldve sued them

>> No.11046618
File: 236 KB, 1280x947, qT86Vze4ZU.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11030451
Ate dominos and had severe food poisoning for a few days too. I had a lot of trouble getting back to a normal diet and was later diagnosed with gastritis - plagued me for close to a year. Definitely try and work up your gut biome slowly. I used to think that was hippie bullshit but I really feel that it helped.

>> No.11046645

>>11029682
shrimp and it was bad it took me 2 weeks to recover

>> No.11046683

Bad salad from a grocery store. Puked the first day, woke up in the middle of the night, shit every hour on the hour for 3 days, started drinking Pepto like it was the water of life so I could eat and shit black bricks instead of green water. 2 weeks of shitting.

The other time I was at a days inn in Raleigh. Ate at the Flying Burrito for lunch. Had a single Coors light for dinner trying to push it out before a flight. Woke up at 2:30 am shitting and puking. Went to the airport at 4 and had to run to the bathroom, sprayed vomit down the wall of the stall leading to, but entirely missing the toilet. Landed in Portland with a 40000 foot hangover, hit some dank and ate shwarma from a food truck. Miraculously felt better.

>> No.11046767

I ate day-old chili beans with plenty of meat my roommate neglected to put in the fridge.

Not at all, smelled okay and tasted alright.

Later in the day. My stomach started hurting and I felt as if I was going to throw up. I looked into the pot and noticed a layer of foam on the beans and a truly awful, disgusting smell. I get PTSD just thinking about that smell, it makes me retch.

>> No.11046792

>>11046066
found the jew.

>> No.11046913

>>11029682
last time i got food poisoning was in paris, france. me and my parents and sister ate at a renaissance themed restaurant and i ordered a wild boar sausage. i also ate various cold organ meats from the cold bar and drank insane amounts of cheap red wine (the wine was completely free). i felt good for the next 2-3 hours but started feeling a bit woozy. i thought it was from being drunk but i felt increasing pain coming from my stomach and i was feeling lightheaded and dizzy. and i was getting the chills. around midnight while my dad was in my mom and sister's hotel room (me and him were sharing a room while mom and sis were in the other room) i went to the bathroom and released the kraken of wine and organ meat vomit all over the toilet. the 1st time i missed most of it but the rest i had to flush the toilet several times for it not to overflow. after i was done vomiting i felt pain coming from my other end so i sat down and shat my brains out. there was a small garbage container nearby so i was using that as a makeshift vomit bucket when i felt that coming on again. i was literally firing out of both ends at the same time. when i was finished i hastily cleaned up the vomit on the bathroom walls, floor and toilet and took a shower. my dad came back around 2 AM and we both went to sleep. i kept getting up every 1-2 hours to have diarrhea. the next morning i was in bed shaking with the chills and feeling very dizzy. couldnt even get out of bed the early part of that day. while i stayed in the hotel room the rest of my family went out to eat breakfast and go to the gavilane boutique. when i felt a little better they took me to an american bar and grill and i had a soda. i felt better the day after that

>> No.11047135

>be in CHINA NUMBA WAN
>keep in mind that not giving a shit is ESSENTIAL CULTURE
>nobody practices enough food sanitation
>food's great but I would get diarrhea 80% of the time after eating out

Nothing serious though. God bless the USA if only for enforcing food standards.

>> No.11047184

I had a bad batch of IPA's once. It hit me while I was at work the next day and I knew what was coming as I'd had food poisoning once before. I was begging to some god to go easy on me, but I could sense what was going to come. I went from feeling normal to getting an intense wave of heat all over my body, something brewing inside me launched a surprise attack on my immune system and I could feel the fucking war happening. Like a weird gassy sensation but in your gut and not your intestines. I had to take a 45 minute commute home, 30 minutes by train and 15 by bus. The train was bearable, the bus really shook me around, but I just barely held on. As I was walking less than 2 blocks from my apartment I had to throw up outside for the first time in my life. I chose the pile of dirt by a tree and struck a sort of weird terminator pose to throw up on grass and dirt. First time I threw up outside and I'll always remember that it was such a weird sensation to throw up in the daylight on a beautiful summer day.

>> No.11047216

>>11047135
Actually I have another story about China.

Quite literally all the fast food restaurants practiced food safety. You could walk into a McDonalds, eat like a king for cheap and not worry about shifting yourself. Truly bizarre. It's the opposite in America.

(Chinese MCDs don't serve much beef though, it's mostly chicken sandwiches so fucking bizarre)

>> No.11047281

Oysters, raw. Tasted the same as always. From a rather expensive popular oriental buffet. Took about ten hours to start getting sick.
Wasn't severe but fever, sweating, and fatigue etc. Must have not been too badly spoiled I suppose. Not a big buffet fan, always prefered quality over quantity

>> No.11047311

>Have you gotten food poisoning
Multiple times. Once I had campylobacter at about 21 or 22 which was by far the worst. I think I got it from supermarket chicken salad, but it could have been from bad kitchen hygiene because I was not a smart young man. 7 days of diarrhea and vomiting, and it was only when I started shitting blood that I saw a doctor. Fucked me up extremely bad. I think it took four or five years for my gut to come right.
Had oral staph poisoning a couple of times from discount sushi store katsudon, and that tasted off. Most recently was a pulled pork burger in Hanoi, just 24 hours of vomiting and a bit of diarrhea so I think it was oral staph again.
Oral staph took about 8-12 hours to hit. Campylobacter was probably at least two days which is why I'm not sure where it came from.

>> No.11047325

>>11047311
>it took four or five years for my gut to come right.
holy shit

>> No.11047369

>>11029682
>Yes, I ate some “barbacoa” from a local joint that was left unrefigerated for various hours.
>No, it smelled delicious and looked fine, thatks why i ate it.
>6-8 hours later, i had terrible nausea and vomit, couple hours after vomit started diarreah started as if the stomach cramps weren’t bad enough.
I too medicine and eventually it all subsided but i was left not quite feeling ok until 3 or 4 days later.

>> No.11047376

>>11047325
campylobacter is no fucking joke. It can give you fucking heart damage, and sometimes IBS that never goes away.

>> No.11047573

When I was in college, I went to this somewhat sketchy dim sum place I’d go to on the way home a lot. I’d eaten there a ton of times, never had an issue. This time was different, though. I’d eaten, then hopped on the bus to take me to the subway station, and took the subway home.

Anyway, on the subway, I started feeling very not right. Felt like I had to shit bad. There was nowhere to go, though, even if I’d hopped out at whatever random stop, many stations don’t have public bathrooms, plus I doubt I’d have been able to get there in time anyway. So I shit my pants. Worst part was I’d wound up running into this girl I knew from high school who was super hot and for whatever reason, felt like chatting with me the whole way home. Sitting there talking to her with my pants full of shit. Dunno if she knew or not.

Finally got home, pulled off my pants and underwear, they were both unsalvageable, and jumped in the shower. Wound up puking and shitting all over the shower.

Surprisingly, I felt fine by the evening, but that was not a fun afternoon.

>> No.11048763

>>11033219
>No.1 next to gamestop
Hagerstown?

>> No.11049176

ate a snickers bar once that my brother bought me. later at night both of us were throwing up all night and could barely get out of bed. while throwing up all i could taste was snickers. it was the only thing me and him ate that was in common so pretty sure it was that. Never again eating one. it tasted normal by the way, didn't seem off or old looking.

>> No.11050547

>>11029682
went catfishing with a few friends and we decided to cook one and eat it. you usually catfish at night so we already had a fire going and everything. a friend of mine handled the cooking. basically just a filet speared onto a stick. Honestly it tasted pretty good even though we didn't have seasoning or anything to go with it. I had never eaten catfish before or after that one time so I cant compare it the taste to a properly prepared dish. about 4 hours after eating I was throwing up and shitting my brains out. had a bunch of weird fever dreams too. lasted for about 2 days. I'm still interested in having it again though because it was pretty tasty. im gonna leave that bastard on the heat for alot longer next time if I do it again

>> No.11050566

>>11029682

hot chocolate from some hipster coffee shop but i think the culprit was the splash of 10% cream i added to it to help cool it down a bit (this place just had the cartons out with no special container to keep them cool)
no
like 10-20 minutes later i started getting this burning abdominal pain and i started getting the chills and feeling feverish

a few hours later i ended up puking and that actually made me feel better.

>> No.11050791

I got sick from a McDonald's burger once; I didn't even think it was possible to get food poisoning from there. Do they cook the burgers from raw and undercooked it or was it something else?

>> No.11050795

>>11029682
From the thumbnail, the first caption looked like "Additional pie" and I was like "yep"

>> No.11050874

>>11036053
Mandarin is the shit but I'm always terrified of getting sick. Which location is it so I can avoid? I know it's kind of an inherent risk with buffets but some have better health standards than others.

>> No.11050882

>>11032599

HE'S DONE IT

>> No.11050898

>>11050791
They get everything frozen, and pre-cooked where applicable. Probably nothing wrong with the ingredients, just some employee fucked up.

>> No.11050904

>>11050898
Fucked up how?

>> No.11050930

>>11050904
Didn't wash their hands after going to the bathroom, dropped the burger on the floor and figured it was still fine, poisoned the food on purpose to protest poor wages... I don't know, a lot of ways you can utterly fail at cooking.
I mostly just don't think a company the size of McDonald's would have problems like that with their beef supply. There's cutting costs, and then there's just asking to be sued.

>> No.11050968

Lads for the last 3 days I've had liquid poop and stomach pain. I can still function but its a hassle. Am I going to die?

>> No.11050972

>>11050898
It's also entirely possible that the diner didn't wash his/her hands before eating said burger.

>> No.11051120

Seafood platter from a decent pub/bistro in a fishing village in Scotland. Tasted fine at the time.
2am next morning, furious shutting for an hour. Liquid Shit for a full week subsequent. Aching joints and fatigued but no vomiting at all.

>> No.11051174

>>11029682
I got salmonella. Fucking sucked for around a week. Pretty sure was undercooked/mishandled chicken in a bar. Didn't taste out of the ordinary but like I said, was in a bar so wasn't paying attention. Symptoms hit around 14hrs later. In work. I had to stay at my gf's because she lives closer to the office and I couldn't guarantee I'd get home without shitting myself

>> No.11051644

Three tales

1. Wendy’s
Bf and I had some burgers for lunch one Sunday, uneventful. I woke up in my dorm at 2am thinking I was having a panic attack about an exam the next day. Nope. Managed to stop shitting long enough to get my face in the toilet, bf was not so skilled and puked all over the floor of his apt bathroom. We missed our first Valentines Day together because we were so sick

2. Breakfast casserole
I made a big breakfast casserole with eggs, potatoes, Italian sausage, bacon, and cheese. After it was cooked and cooled I portioned and froze it so I’d have easy breakfast in the morning. One morning I was too rushed to eat so the thawed-overnight portion sat in the fridge til the next day. About 24 hours after eating, I am sitting on the toilet shitting my brains out with the trashcan on my lap so I can also puke my brains out. Water barely stays down, and what does stay down is shit out within the hour. At some point I heave so hard I pop a blood vessel in one eye. This was during the US Ebola scare and we lived very close to one of the nurses who contracted it, so between the vomiting and bloody eye bf was very worried I’d managed to pick up Ebola

3. Sushi
Work cafeteria sold the same prepackaged sushi you can get at Tom Thumb, and I’d eaten in many times before. Next day, all I’d eaten that day was a bagel but I felt awful. Left work early and spent the 30 minute drive home doing deep breathing exercises so I wouldn’t puke in my lap. Once home, spent about 6 hours vomiting every few minutes. Only, the only food I’d had was a bagel so my stomach ran out of things to expel after the first few rounds. Eventually I was choking whenever I heaved because my body was trying so hard to get something, anything out of my stomach. Spent next day delirious with fever, got winded trying to walk from couch to kitchen to get water. Awesome ab workout though

>> No.11052295

>>11046913
Was the restaurant "Nos ancetres les gaulois" ? That middle ages restaurant in a basement ?

>> No.11052785
File: 72 KB, 916x884, 1434503648448.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
>Had some chocolate pudding that my mom brought back.
>Spent the next 2-3 weeks with my ass pressed against the toilet.
>Non-stop tiny or massive shits. ALWAYS liquid. 8-9 times daily.
>Eventually anus started to bleed, like ALOT. Kept staining all my underwear.
>Hurt to even clench/sit so I had to apply baby powder, ointment, any type of treatment I could find.
>Went to western doctors, waited 3 hours, they told me I needed surgery for Hemorrhoids because of what they found in the anus.
>Went to family asian doctor, dude poked it and told me to just keep adding ointment and it's just scab.

Ex also broke up with me during that week because it was our anniversary but I couldn't do anything because of that.
Now I fucking hate eating anything pudding or dairy related.

It was a shitty month, man.

>> No.11052873

4 times, once from undercooked eggs while camping, once from some Sheppard's pie at a shitty bar, and twice from this burrito place that everyone gets food poisoning at. The eggs were very noticeable, obviously. I just thought nothing of it because we've all had runny eggs, it happens, especially when cooking over an open fire. Sheppard's pie I didn't notice until I was at least halfway through and looked closely at it, but it was already too late. Couldn't tell with the burritos but it was probably unwashed lettuce. Symptoms happened anywhere from the drive home to about 12 hours later.

In India you'll probably have to worry about unwashed food and hands more than undercooked food, and there's really no way to know unless you can see the hygiene level.

>> No.11052881

>>11052785
Yup. Chinese medicine is clearly superior. My uncle used to have cancer, western medicine couldn’t do anything for him. He went to a Chinese doctor and they gave him some ginseng, mercury pills, and ground rhino penis.

He’s dead now.

>> No.11052888

>>11052881
omg is your uncle ok D:

>> No.11052907

>>11052888
Well, he doesn’t have cancer anymore...

>> No.11053531

>>11029682
Canned corn. Everybody make sure your canned corn is already cooked and says ready to eat.

Don't make the same mistake I did.

I assumed all canned corn already was cooked.

>> No.11053539

>>11030508
Yeah the thing about oysters is sometimes cooking them won't prevent food poisoning.

You should cut your cooked oyster open. If there's too much mushy shit inside the cooked oyster, don't eat it at all.

>> No.11053547

>>11030902
People should report the places you ate at to the local health authorities.

You could save someone's life or prevent others from getting food poisoning.

>> No.11053573

>>11047135
Fun fact: The only FDA Asians trust in Asia is the Japan's version of the FDA.

That's why all those Chinese tourists keep buying up Japanese medicine and Japanese baby formula to sell to scalpers back on the mainland/

>> No.11053624

I've had it twice. I don't know for sure if these are exactly what gave me food poisoning, but I think the first time was cheesecake bites from a local pizza place and the second time was cole slaw from Raising Cane's.

Both times, things tasted a bit "off," but I hadn't had that particular food from that particular establishment before.

Next day in both cases.

>I'm going to India so I'm nervous
poo in the loo

>> No.11053701

>>11031214
Wierd. I wash off slimey mushrooms all the time and never have a problem..

>> No.11053735

>>11029682
Nah, but got pinworms once as a kid and my gut never seemed as good again.
But that's nothing to what I'm pretty sure is alcohol and bad diet induced. Stratorhea as often as a healthy solid log, and diarrhea half the time.

>> No.11053788

Eat a spinach omelette mum made, really taste nothing off about it

Some hours later started having stomach pains while playing vydia with friends, couldnt concentrate so I left

Went to bed and entered a feverish state "banana man" kept playing in my head, a subjective eternity went on

After ages of sensory torture (4 hours) I got up and projectile vomited the now slimy green omelette, passed out next day couldnt keep any food in my system, never ate that kind of omelette again

>> No.11053848

>>11033372
Boomer stomachs are OP as fuck.y dad eats some nasty ass shit.

>> No.11053891

>>11032855
Was the qt named Kate?

Your story is super familiar

>> No.11053926

>>11038344
>dull
>piercing
Make up your mind. But yeah, gout sucks.

>> No.11053943

Had it three times:

1) When I was 10 or 11 after making oatmeal raisin cookies on Christmas Eve and licking raw batter off the spoon, Santa didn't come that night

2) Sophomore in high school after eating cocktail weenies that had been sitting out too long for a pre-Thanksgiving lunch, had it all Thanksgiving weekend

3) About three or four years ago (my youngest was a baby but don't remember exactly how old), not sure how I got it that time but was definitely food poisoning

Each time has been the same, throwing up every 30-45 minutes for the first 12 hours and about 3-4 days before feeling normal again. It gets to the point where you throw up and immediately chug a bottle of water just so you aren't dry heaving next time. You start throwing up small amounts of blood from torn stomach lining or esophagus or whatever

As an aside I've had the stomach flu three times also (including twice in about a six-month span last year) which was markedly different (fever, about 24 hours of it coming out both ends). I'm also pretty sure I had giardiasis when I was just about to graduate from college but I'm not exactly sure how I managed to get that

>> No.11053988

>>11047376
As a hypocondriac who has had panic attacks worrying about symptoms (causing psychosomatic symptoms in a downward spiral...) this is terrifying.
Yet I can't quit smoking. Nicotine addiction is no joke.

>> No.11053999

>>11039060
You have no idea what you are talking about

>> No.11054019

>>11053788
Spinach is sketchy.
Not really food poisoning, but I think I just dodged it. Ate a bunch of spinach with dressing, like maybe half a pound. Within five minutes I was shitting out pieces of undigested leaves. My body didn't like something it saw.

>> No.11054058

>>11034038
I met a taxi driver who swears by chopping up a whole bulb of garlic and downing that shit in milk, it’s a potent anti oxidant aswell.

>> No.11054072

>>11045837
moar stories bls

>> No.11054860

ate a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds when i was a kid. tasted weird and off but my dad gets mad at wasted food so i just ate it to not get yelled at. took about an hour or two to start vomiting like mad and shitting. lasted 2 or 3 days felt like i had the flu the whole time.

>> No.11055009

>>11029682
I thought that chart was a joke.
They scarf and thermometer (which I thought was a cigarette at first) made the dude look like a hipster fag.
So I thought it was some joke where the middle symptom was VEGAN instead of FEVER.

>> No.11055171

Family meal at a restaurant. All of them got sick, I was excluded.
Later, I joined the Navy. On a ship, weeks at a time, close quarters. Norovirus. For everyone. Except me. I did triple duty. Duty was shit and it sucked but at least it wasn't LITERAL shit and vomit.
Overseas. We're eating questionable foods and drinking lots and lots of questionable things. We don't care. I become a babysitter to 6 very sick idiots.
Iron stomach? I'm just gifted. I'm a full on trash eater too. Did you just throw out this 2 week pizza? This one in the trash bin? I'm going to eat it.

I laugh as I read your stories though.

>> No.11055178

>>11055009
That's hilarious.

>> No.11055311

>>11046792
>all these violations and the state of the kitchen
>to stingy to clean it up
>calling some else a kike when the curryniggers were acting like kikes
are you a kike too by chance?

>> No.11055315

Got it while I was in San Francisco once. Threw up once that night and then proceeded to have diareeha every 15 minutes for the next 2 days. It was not fun.

>> No.11055552

I'm not sure if I really got food poisoning but here's the story...
>went to reception where we got food and I had one glass of cava, not sure what caused it since it were several things and nothing smelled/tasted weird
>after an hour I started to feel bad and we went home
>sitting at home, starting to feel nausea, have to go to toilet a lot
>thinking it's migraine, I go to bed (with bucket just to be sure)
>get in bed and start vomiting
>wake up the day after feeling like I have a hangover, didn't have to work luckily
I usually have a very strong stomach though.

>> No.11055617

>>11029682
My old man slow cooked some lamb, that had been frozen for some time. I think it was left to thaw for too long. Was then cooked for some period of time and then left out againbefore being served to me luke warm. No more than one hour later a disgusting sensation and taste of the lamb came into my mouth, and then within another 30 minutes the ungodly stomach pain, sweats, vomiting, and diarrhoea kicked in. 14 hours later I was ok. I would never willingly go to India, I'm sure I would beg for death after my first meal.

>> No.11055634
File: 3.13 MB, 1920x1080, 1532936747153.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11039060
it depends. you are lucky if it doesnt last more than 24hrs

>> No.11055653

I was in Peru and I ate rotisserie chicken. The food tasted completely normal but the next day I had diarrhea and a fever I could barely get out of bed. Everything was fine after that day though

>> No.11056296

>>11055653
That was guinea pig, m8.

>> No.11056512
File: 16 KB, 350x246, bothends.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
>>11029744
Similar experience for me. I ate raw mussels when I was living in Italy and my stomach got fucked. It only took about 5 hours for it all to come crashing down.

Vomiting, explosive diarrhea and cold sweats. It lasted for two days and 2 nights. I couldn't keep any fluids down either, I'd throw it up immediately, and I would shit and vomit on the toilet at the same time. I almost passed out on a few occasions when I tried to walk. I needed help to walk to and from the bathroom. When there was nothing left in my system, I continued dry-heaving as my body tried to purge every last drop of what was inside me. I didn't sleep for the entire 2 days, and just laid on my stomach with my head hanging over the bedside with a trashcan under me. Hours and hours of pure, sleepless misery wondering when it was all going to end.

When it finally faded away, I remember looking at myself in the bathroom mirror. My eyes were the brightest neon green I'd ever seen in my life. Like Brad Pitt, "Interview with the Vampire" green. I had essentially detoxed everything from my body and all of the melanin in my eyes were gone. They were also bloodshot from 2 days of no-sleep.

One of the worst experiences of my entire life.

>> No.11057111

>>11056296
This. Chicken is very rarely eaten in Peru. The Peruvians are a diminutive people, and hunting chickens is considered extremely dangerous and often results in casualties. Guinea pigs are much easier and safer to catch.

>> No.11057270

I can understand getting food poisoning from stalls in afghanistan and shit, but from fast food? I've eaten some truly putrid shit, but I've never gotten food poisoning. Is it a genetic/ weak immune system thing?

>> No.11057302

>>11057270
That's what everyone says until it happens to them.

>> No.11057307

>>11029682
no

>> No.11057327

How do you people even fucking manage?
I never had any food poisoning and I eat the shadiest stuff way over expiry date.

>> No.11057346

>>11057302
This. I had an iron stomach when I was younger. I’d eat sketchy shit all the time and I’d be fine. It’s just a matter of time. Sooner or later, you’ll eat something that fucks your shit right up. Also creates kind of a snowball effect, because food poisoning can fuck up your gut flora pretty bad which can make it easier to get food poisoning again in the future.

>> No.11057358

>>11057346
It's never whatever people think is sketchy food that does it. It's outright rancid food, any seafood, or bad hygiene somewhere along the chain. Or spinach.

>> No.11057369

ITT: non alcoholics

>> No.11057386

>>11057358
It’s organic vegetables a lot, too. Idiots buy all organic shit because they think it’s safer because no pesticides (which is wrong), but they don’t realize that organic farming usually uses cow shit as fertilizer, and that means the crops often wind up contaminated with E. coli. With non-organic produce, they use chemicals that kill that shit, but organic farmers can’t do that. Seriously, look up how many recalls there’ve been for organic produce.

>> No.11057813

>>11029682
https://siggis.com/products/#?productSection=filmjolk

Siggi's filmjölk, drinkable yogurt, helped after I got food poisoning.

I find drinking yogurt more easier than eating yogurt.

>> No.11057819

>>11057270
I blame the vegetables. According to the CDC, Americans get more sick from dirty vegetables than dirty meat.

Most fast food don't cook the vegetables they serve.

>> No.11057866

>>11057813
Also, food poisoning ended up fucking up my pooping habits so I end up drinking Metamucil Original Coarse Powder twice a day now.

https://www.metamucil.com/en-us/products/metamucil-fiber-supplement/metamucil-original-coarse-powder

People don't realize the benefits of fiber until something bad happens to you.

>> No.11057886

These both happened in my senior year of high school.
>beginning of the year, class picnic
>friend who'd been trying to get into culinary school made beefaroni
>eat it, few hours later feel like shit
>bloated, can barely walk, dry heaving
>another friend drives me home
>down some pepto-bismol and drop a nasty shit
I later found out that whenever that friend cooks, he scratches his head and belly and lets the fucking dandruff fall into the food. Not even kidding.
>end of year trip to disneyland
>eat lunch with friends at the burger place in tomorrowland
>get the deluxe burger, wasn't the only one who had it
>everything's fine for the next few hours, don't feel hungry though
>fast forward to about 11pm, feel like absolute shit
>keep feeling like I either need to shit or vomit but nothing ever comes out
>end up sitting in despair and dry heaving for a few hours until the bus ride back at 3am
>no one else got sick, joke and say that the wind probably blew some of chef's fucking dandruff in my food
>normally can't sleep on cars/buses, current condition isn't helping so barely get any sleep
>get back home around 10, more pepto-bismol, another nasty shit
>eat some cereal then pass out

>> No.11057887

All the people in this thread, only drinking water after food poisoning are actually hindering the speed of their recovery.

Consider Oral electrolyte solutions rather than plain water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

Pedialyte is a good brand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedialyte

https://pedialyte.com/products/classic/unflavored

>> No.11057890
File: 182 KB, 1500x1240, 81C8mg5TD7L._SL1500_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
I got food poisoning from some shitty on-campus eatery during my 2nd year of college. I bought Mac and Cheese for a quick meal since I'd been stuck in lab all day and didn't really care what I was eating at that point. The food itself tasted fine, but I came down with symptoms within 3 hours of eating that shit. I had diarrhea and vomiting for roughly 3 weeks afterward and had to be hospitalized 3 times for dehydration.
In the end, I missed out on a fuckton of chemistry labs, and my inorganic prof held my barely lucid ass hostage the day after I got out of the hospital for the third time to take an exam.

>> No.11057961

>>11055311
>calling some else a kike when the curryniggers were acting like kikes
How exactly were they "acting like kikes"?

>> No.11058037

>>11057961
M8, it’s 4chan. Calling someone a Jew is just a general catch-all insult here. We are not a clever bunch.

>> No.11058097

>malaise
>malaise
>malaise
>maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>> No.11059733

I have a fear of vomiting and had food poisoning from beef twice, its terrible. I mainly just lose the ability to breath when I puke

>> No.11059775
File: 6 KB, 220x220, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw iron gut
Eaten raw food of all shapes and quantities my whole and never thrown up from it. Feels good

>> No.11059793
File: 83 KB, 555x370, ham.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I ate a piece of ham that I didnt finish the night before, and had it for lunch. It had sat on my desk overnight until around 1pm. it was a big chunk from a country ham we had. I figured since the whole point of ham was salting it and drying it somewhat for preservation, it should be fine
mostly it was, but that whole week I felt tired and achey all over and my stomach never really felt quite right. Somewhere between nauseous and achey stomach for a week.

not the worst story out there, but I learned my fucking lesson about meat left out even if it was just overnight.
pic related, it was chunk about half that size but same sorta thickness and cut

>> No.11059801

>>11031797
go back

>> No.11059811
File: 161 KB, 1024x1024, 1533694332631m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>leave pizza out all night
>wake up, eat some
>feel sick and throw the rest in the trash
>hungry 5 minutes later, dig out of trash and finish
No regrets

>> No.11059819

>>11059793
oh and the ham tasted just fine.

>> No.11060153

I got food poisoning for the first time earlier today, no idea what caused it but i was vomiting all over the floor

>> No.11060183

some mom and pop sub sandwich place, went with brother and dad

>order sandwhich and water
>dad orders same sandwhich and soda
>brother ordered different sandwhich and water
>somehow I’m the only one who got food poisoning

I remember the sandwhich being good and nothing was off about the water, symptoms took a few hours to develop, really hard vomiting, sweating and diarrhea for about 16 hours. Only time I ever had food poisoning and thats more than enough

>> No.11060193

>>11031145
If this is a genuine post then you're the biggest moron alive for working at that place for more than a week
I'd rather be homeless than put up with indians and their bullshit, except you ended up being homeless anyways. good for you

>> No.11060806

Got food poisoning from some shitty Thai fusion place. Broke my own personal rule of never eating sushi from a non-sushi restaurant because I was hungry and the family wanted to eat there. I recognized that the salmon wasn't right immediately. Smelled off and was kind of sour. I didn't even finish what I ordered and I still ended up projectile vomiting harder than I ever have in my life for about 4 hours in the middle of the night. Could barely move the rest of the day. Felt like someone had punched me in the gut and then kicked me in the spine. I puked so hard I got fucking whiplash.

Only other time I had it was as a kid. Got it from Costco pizza. That was a night. Food poisoned family of 4 with only one bathroom.

>> No.11061165

>>11029682
Got a little stomach ache from Subway once, that's it

Surprised I didn't get any trouble from all the dirty taco trucks I ate at when in Vegas. I guess I'm lucky

>> No.11061309
File: 260 KB, 352x315, 1523588008557.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11040774

>> No.11061365
File: 223 KB, 2048x1536, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11029682
>ITT: https://youtu.be/mnhL-l38Sv4

Seriously it's pretty obvious if food is bad

>> No.11061677
File: 471 KB, 512x288, 1515804142593.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11030495
>The next two days was me just belching out clouds of acidic-tasting gas
this is the absolute fucking worst. i never got poisoning i believe because i got no shits/vomits but jesus i had these burps that were so fucking nasty i would actually puke for about two weeks. worst time in my life, worst part was that i'd get them in school so id have to cut early and take the bus home while fighting off the need to vomit. and usually vomit is a solace because it makes you feel better but the vomit coming out had a taste even worse than the burps.

>> No.11063732

>>11029682
Tap water in Montenegro will give you shitsies. I successfully avoided it untill i got served a salad in a restaurant. It was washed with tap water. Spent the rest of my holiday in the bathroom

>> No.11063893

>>11029744
Same think right now. I ate a kebab menu 2 days ago. The nex day I was full almost all the day and today I'm sick as fuck.

>> No.11064546

>>11029744
Don't kebab places have an urban legend of serving human meat? That might have been your body reacting to having consumed your fellow man..!

>> No.11066036

>>11039060
Dont talk about shit you know nothing about fuckwit.