[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 351 KB, 1050x700, hot_chili_peppers_1050x700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10888500 No.10888500 [Reply] [Original]

made my own hot pot today. i didnt follow chinese rules, i just got whatever i grew and was laying around the house at the time. boiling water and 4 peppers from the garden was my base:
>added leftover walmart chicken and its bones
>added old potatoes.
>added whatever was in the garden like cucumbers, lettuce, a bell pepper, and lots of tomatoes
>found a fuckton of green onions in my yard that i dug up and diced and also boiled whole
> leeks from the fridge
>a bottle of beer, not sure what it was but it was dark in color. didnt really taste it.
>dashes of kosher salt and all sorts of spices like italian and whatnot. garlic seemed to help more.
pretty much just threw in what i found and vegetables to make a spicy veggie chicken soup but i added a shit ton of tomatoes to make the soup red in color.
then i had slices of bacon, steak, deer meat, sausage, a pack snow crab. steamed minute rice. it turned out better than expected. i had it all to myself so i sat by the stove, with my laptop plugged in, browsed the internet, played games while i ate for like 3 hours and took shots between. the broth actually made me feel healthier, like i was full but it didnt leave a heavy feeling.

>> No.10888514

you did it right

>chinese rules
chinese people don't believe in rules. that shit is just marketing
hot pot in the south is completely different to hot pot in the north (which is gross)

>> No.10888522
File: 58 KB, 640x633, 1518313481017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10888500
>bacon, steak, deer meat, sausage, a pack snow crab
You lost me there man

>> No.10888558

>>10888522
so ii pretty much made a spicy version of left over walmart rotisserie chicken and veggie soup as my hot pot base. i had slices of fresh meat, meat given to my parents from friends who hunt deer, and i had a pack of frozen snow crab. i just sat for 3 hours switching between meats and had rice on the side.
i didnt cut the meats real thin, i just diced them into mediallions and whatever made sense at the time. thats probably why it took 3 hours to eat it all but it allowed me to digest between courses, drink up the soup and just take my time enjoying it.

>> No.10888939

>>10888522
While almost everything else goes into the soup, you generally just dip your meats/noodles/tofu/etc into it for a few seconds to cook them.
So they don't leave much flavour behind and you can totally use a bunch of unrelated ingredients sequentially, it's fine.
Generally a hot pot soup has a really strong flavour in order to penetrate these quickly-cooked ingredients so you won't notice what little they do contribute.

>> No.10888983
File: 6 KB, 231x218, 1525097258761.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10888500
>cucumbers
>lettuce