[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 63 KB, 500x343, Frogs-Legs-500px-w.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10670218 No.10670218 [Reply] [Original]

Ok /ck/, I'm curious what your thoughts on "Exotic Food" are? When it comes to strange and bizarre food, I have this policy: I'll try anything once.

I have been surprised so many times in my life with the different foods that I like and the different ways they are prepared, that it wouldn't make sense to rule something out. So the board goes like this:

Strangest things I've eaten: Kangaroo steaks, Squid Ink pasta, Zebra

Something I'd never try (i don't think): Insects, Dog, that crazy stinky fruit from Asia

Guilty pleasure: One time i bought Escargot from a grocery store in Alabama

Something I want to try: Turtle soup

>> No.10670260
File: 544 KB, 735x571, Shredder Uses DialaHate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10670218
I've tried so many things that it's hard to list "Strangest things".
Swikee soup, Balut, Century Eggs, Kifto, Jackfruit Stew, Camel Steaks, an odd Silkie Soup I made, etc. I pretty much just browsed ethnic markets and grabbed whatever I could and made it for a decade.

Shit I would not try are water beetles. They remind me too much of roaches. Silkworms and crickets are terrible unless you fry them to death. The first are waxy as fuck and the later are just shell.

>Something I want to try: Turtle soup
Indeed. I have not gotten the opportunity.

>> No.10670282

>>10670218
>Something I want to try: Turtle soup

Just go to a good place in Minnesota. I enjoyed it when I was akid.

>> No.10670334

anyone here ever eaten dog?