[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 708 KB, 408x303, 1527184522517.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10659308 No.10659308 [Reply] [Original]

What's the worst experience you've ever had at a restaurant, /ck/?

>> No.10659331

went to tim horton's and some crazy lady was throwing around her shit.

>> No.10659336

>>10659308
Waited like 2 hours for food then left, people who stayed said they waited like another hour and a half.
That was a decade ago

>> No.10659401
File: 127 KB, 806x605, 1527188036415.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10659308

>Go to restaurant on my birthday after shitty sex
>British pub chain
>Order meal
>Things going fine
>Finish and get desert
>Things still going fine
>When it comes time for me to get my bill I whip out my wallet and sit to wait for chang
>Wait....and wait.....and wait
>Meanwhile, my server occassionally paces in the aisle 10 feet away from me, looking back at me appearing distressed
>Realize she's upset because she realizes I don't intend to tip
>Finally she comes over and I get my change back, leave no tip as I intended.

What's even more hilarious is that she wasn't even the person to bring me my order. She took my order, then another served brought it, then she comes back at the end expecting a tip.This has become a thing lately in my area at restaurants, servers don't even bring you your food anymore and expect to be tipped anyway.

And no I don't tip because

1. They aren't entitled to donations because they walked 10-25 feet to bring my a plate of food to my table.
2. If they truly gave a shit about how little they make they'd complain to their managers, but of course they won't because they know they'd make barely any of what they make now through tips if they got a full minimum wage like the rest of us and nobody tipped anymore.
3. Your average server makes signifcantly more than I do, so it's me donating my money to someone much richer than I am for no goddamn reason. Seriously I've worked in back of house and these people brag about raking in 300+ dollars a night. One of them mentioned they made 1000$ a night in tips alone.

Besides I live in canada where servers make barely below minimum wage and still get tipped anyway. They do not need my additional contributions. They are fucking glorified panhandlers and I hate how expects us to give away our money to these overpaid people but not those who actually NEED and EARN this kind of money like the cooks who make the goddamn food.

>> No.10659450

Unsurprisingly, at a Dave and Buster's.

>go for the birthday of a friend's friend
>this particular DnB's in rapidly deteriorating part of town
>half the game are broken or sticky with soda/beer/god knows what
>at least the restaurant was open
>waitress takes 20 minutes to come see us
>smells like cigarettes, clearly didn't even try to cover it up
>instant attitude taken with the four of us (for asking for water then ordering beer later)
>upon closer inspection, track marks on her arms
>ohboyherewego.jpg.exe.tiff.bat.gif.png
>a neck tattoo that reads "DeTreyvious"
>nappy hair
>a real winner
>we finally get our drinks and order food
>screaming kids running around without any intervention from the parents
>A FUCKING HOUR PASSES before we see it come out
>it's damn near cold, miserable, and unsalvageable
>waitress takes attitude about our request to see a manager
>manager gives us the same attitude

Overall, easily one of the worst experiences I've ever had. The only brightside is that my buddy shit in one if the urinals before we left to show our appreciation for their """hospitality"""

>> No.10659466

>>10659450
That sounds rough man.

I was raped by a handicapped person in a denny's bathroom.

>> No.10659471

>>10659466

That makes sense, there isn't a lot of room in a regular stall

>> No.10659475

>>10659450
Was this the dave and busters in philly? That ones a shithole

>> No.10659478

I went to a shitty pub.
They fancied themselves a gourmet eatery but the food was bloody awful and the price was outrageous, considering.
Not even the beer was worth drinking.
They've closed down since.

>> No.10659485

>>10659471
it was roomy.

>> No.10659520

>>10659475

Not quite, it was in Jacksonville, FL. The weirdest part is that it was in an industrial park, which is a crappy location for anything that's supposed to be fun