[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 32 KB, 500x320, YUMBO-Hot-Ham-Cheese-BK.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10619898 No.10619898 [Reply] [Original]

I found it odd some places sell commercial ham sandwiches, when it is such a common meat

So I said that's it then, I will prepare my own. What is the best way to make a home made ham sandwich?

>> No.10619902

>>10619898
Put ham and other ingredients between two pieces of bread.

>> No.10619904

>How do I make ham sandwich!?!?
/ck/ has officially hit bottom

>> No.10619905

Get some ham. Make a sandwich.

>> No.10619936

>>10619904
is /ck/ a power bottom tho?

>> No.10619946

Unlike other coldcut sandwiches, I actually don't like cheese with ham. Mayo and a good whole-grain mustard with whatever veggie accompaniments you prefer.

>> No.10619982

>What is the best way to make a home made ham sandwich?
>best

You must first acquire a suitable pig. The most flavorful will be a wild-caught boar that's just in the middle of it's transition to adulthood; any younger gives bad yield and and less flavor, any older and it starts to become overpowering and tough. The thrill of avoiding being gored by a rabid cornered hog will also make it that more delicious in the end. You should ideally aim to feed it nothing but activated acorns for the following month. Once it's fat and ready for slaughter, you should keep adrenaline at the lowest possible level to prevent off flavors; give the hog your finest whiskey and play classical music. Once the animal is in it's most calm state, slaughter with a single stroke to the neck severing all arteries at once and causing immediate blackout by sudden and massive drop in blood pressure to the brain.

After butchering and bloodletting the hog, proceed to cure your fresh ham in Pink Himalayan Salt seasoned with abundant saffron and white truffle flakes. Cure ham for as long as possible, ideally until the day you die.

Acquire the most exceptional of wheat grown in a volcanic island where the earth is enlivened by the vesuvian ash and the grain is so strong you could make protein powder out of it. Grind into a powder finer than confectioner's sugar. Acquire Trappist ale yeast from the basement of a monastery. Melt centennial Antarctic ice cores into water. Take a sabbatical year and spend it kneading your dough. Make bread in an oven fueled by a millennium-old oak tree's heartwood.

When the day has finally come, slice your ham as thin as humanly possible with a Japanese million-fold blade, to the point of being almost transparent. Open your bread into two exactly equal parts. Place a mix of exactly 2 parts ham and 3 parts bread by volume when compacted with precisely 23.796kgf/cm^2 of pressure.

Lather generously with Jack Scalfani's "The Best BBQ Sauce You'll Ever Taste" and enjoy.

>> No.10619991

>>10619982
Reddit

>> No.10620085

>>10619898
>A good sandwich
>A sandwich you make in the morning that you take with you for lunch

Pick one. My favorite sandwich is turkey, which is even more common, but sandwiches go from good to mediocre to shit very quickly.

Vegetables wilt quickly and condiments start to taste off unless you put it in a fridge, which in turn makes the bread cold. Cold bread condenses and destroys the toasting. Constructing the sandwich at work helps some, but most workplaces don't have a toaster oven for the bread and it quickly becomes a massive pain in the ass to pack the sandwich ingredients all separately.

>> No.10620198

Naked

>> No.10620715

>>10619991
>all jokes are now reddit
This site used to be fun

>> No.10620741

>>10620715
Reddit stole all the memes from this site to get started but actually became better for it. Nobody on 4chan produces original content anymore, so 99% of the memes are just lazy misspellings, nearly all the "knowledge" on here is superficial shit that can be learned in the first 3 months of actually looking into a topic.

The only good thing about this site is that it moves fast and it can be cathartic to call a stranger an asshole over the internet anonymously

>> No.10620754

>>10620741
Two week tourist identified

>> No.10620780

>>10620754
I've been here since before Moot went to Mexico, experienced two of the three shut downs, and regularly enjoyed 5chan in high school

>> No.10621832

>>10619898
Burger King sells ham sandwiches? That's fucking weird.