[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 100 KB, 1000x666, IrateCustomer.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10510004 No.10510004 [Reply] [Original]

"Excuse me, could I please speak to the manager?"

>> No.10510607

>>10510004
No

>> No.10510612

>>10510004
>Ask to speak to the manager
>Waiter denies me
Wtf??

>> No.10510616

>>10510004
Literally the only time that I had asked for one was when my entree came out lukewarm. It wasn't even fresh. Server gave me an attitude while getting the manager so I decided to tip her a penny to show my gratuity.

>> No.10510621

>>10510612
What chu gonna do about it soy boy? That's right, nothing!

>> No.10510701

>>10510004
when I'm handing out CVs it's always off-putting to see the look of terror on their face when I ask to see the boss, like they think this guy who just walked in with a portfolio book and wearing a proper collared shirt and slacks is going to complain about service as soon as he came in

>> No.10510713

I would rather dig ditches for a living then work in BoH, it honestly sounds like a nightmare.

>> No.10510721

>>10510616
Entrees are usually premade and kept warm under a lamp because people want them earlier as they wait for their main meal.
Chillax

>> No.10510745

>>10510713
back of house is always more comfy and you basically set the pace of everything else

front is worse since you have to deal with irate customers and the fallout of shitty kitchens is on you

>> No.10510754

>>10510721
Think about what you just said.

>> No.10510763

>>10510745
>back of house is always more comfy and you basically set the pace of everything else
You are so wrong, it's insane.
Pace, like always, is set by the front. You get zero tips, and all the blame.
Front is by far the best. You do 1/10 the work get 10x the pay. Fucking 100 bucks an hour on busy nights for standing around and looking at your phone for 4 hours.
Back makes minimum with no tips and 8 hour shifts.

>> No.10510764

>>10510004
manager machine broke

>> No.10510767

>>10510754
Complaining about your garlic bread being not perfectly fresh is like bitching that your forks and knives aren't perfectly parallel when they were set on the table.
It's inconsequential. If you're going to bitch, complain about the main course.

>> No.10510770

>>10510004
At a hibachi place I used to work I had some bitch cause a huge scene saying that we served her rotten calamari and that she knew it was rotten because it was white.
My GM came out and first thing asked her if she'd ever had calamari and she admitted that she hadn't. Dumb GM still took some money off her bill but the bitch says "this is not an acceptable discount" and keeps causing a scene.
I don't even know how it played out because I refuse to deal with customers like that. Managers are salaried so they can deal with it.

>> No.10510774

>>10510721
>Entrees are usually premade and kept warm under a lamp

Where the fuck do you even eat? Even TGI Fridays cook them to order.

>> No.10510775

>>10510767
Entree is the main course you illiterate dong.

>> No.10510778

I did once when my wife and I were eating with my parents at a famous fried chicken place in a relatively large midwest city.
>salads are served and my wife had ordered some cream based dressing
>she takes one bite and makes a horrendous face, spits it out and whispers that it tastes like jizz
>i tell my mom to try it because my wife thinks it tastes funny
>mom takes a bite, turns pale, spits it out and says somethings wrong with it
>they had an open kitchen that was entirely staffed by nogs who looked like ex-cons and 2 were watching our table with shit eating grins
>i call the manager and tell him the salad dressing tasted funky
>he looks back at the kitchen and frowns as if it had happened before
>he comps the meals
>chicken and mashed potatoes with cream gravy for free was topnotch so I guess we got over on them since neither my wife nor mom swallowed any of the jizz salad

>> No.10510780

>>10510767
>>10510721
The entree IS the main meal you retarded nigger, garlic bread would be an appetizer.

>> No.10510782

>>10510763
>You get zero tips, and all the blame.
dude what cooks get tipped out in most places and are largely unseen by clients

>Fucking 100 bucks an hour on busy nights
maybe in really high class places but 90% of waitressing jobs are not like that and the bartenders steal all your tips

>> No.10510783

>tfw manager
>Understaffed so I do double the jobs
>"I'd like to speak to the manager"
>"I am the manager"
>They just get visibly angry and don't even bitch about it
>They don't tip (I don't care but they probably think I do)
>Next time they come (if at all) they ask for a different waiter
>"Sorry, we're under staffed and I'm the only one with training for this position"
>They submit to defeat
>5% tip
That's what I thought bitch.

>> No.10510790
File: 45 KB, 446x400, laughing bitches.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10510775
>>10510780
>entree is the main course

>> No.10510797

"I ordered the top sirloin extra well done, not dry and chewy!"
Not even joking.

>> No.10510798

>>10510721
Why Can't Americans Cook Meals To Order?

>> No.10510801

>drive through woman asks for a burger with "every topping"
>inform her that we over 30 different kinds of condiment and topping
>she is adamant that she wants everything
>carefully attempt making a burger with the smallest dabs of each sauce and the smallest possible unit of every topping
>it ends up as a big slop pile anyways because there's no way
>send it
>she comes back 20 minutes later and complains that her burger is a soggy mess

>> No.10510804

>>10510797
They know it's wrong. They do it so they can "win" and get a free meal.
Middle aged women are bored like that

>> No.10510805

>>10510778
lmao, your mom and wife got blacked. Cuck.

>> No.10510811

>>10510782
>cooks get tipped out in most places
This is objectively not true.

>>10510763
>You do 1/10 the work get 10x the pay.
This is objectively not true and also
>$100/hour
What a joke of an exaggeration. I serve at a high end place and after tip-out I make $200 a night on good nights, maybe half that on a Monday.
If you made $14/hour as a line cook (usually start around $10/hour and improve with experience and company loyalty) then you'd be making the same as a server on a not-very-busy kind of night.

But as a back of house monkey, you don't have to be presentable, you don't have to deal with customer complaints and you don't have to clean up after people and their children.
It's hard work meant for convicts with face tattoos.

>> No.10510817

>>10510811
>It's hard work meant for convicts with face tattoos.
nah no one trusts those fuckwits to cook. but you're on the ball about it being nice to not have to deal with customers, nor do you have to be especially presentable

it is, to use a cancerous /v/ term, comfy

>> No.10510830

>>10510817
>no one trusts those fuckwits to cook
Every place I've ever worked has had a kitchen staff made of felons. Usually stuff like felony DUI or other felony driving-related charges and felony drug possession. They won't hire a murderer or a burglar because they don't want their kitchen supplies stolen or their staff stabbed, but in general I find most career line cooks are well below average in the "upstanding citizen" department. And these days, average isn't even good.

>> No.10510835

>>10510811
>What a joke of an exaggeration. I serve at a high end place and after tip-out I make $200 a night on good nights
Your idea of "high end" isn't that high.
At my last I worked, a waiter for a big table would get 200 bucks from that one table a lone.
Shit adds up when you have 20 people ordering $500 dollar bottles of wine... Each.

> you don't have to clean up after people and their children.
Don't pretend that front end does that either. It's either the underaged busboy slaves that do it, or the proper back of house that do it after the restaurant closes for the night.
Front show up when the doors open and piss off the moment the doors close.
Like you said, they have to be "presentable". They won't even bend over to pick up a dropped utensil.

>> No.10510840

>at Wendy's during lunch rush
>some short obese blonde woman and her equally obese girlfriend order some sort of bbq chicken sandwich combo
>they get the food and sit at a table
>almost immediately the fat blonde one is back, shoving her way to the front of the line while waving and loudly calling for the attention of one of the employees
>she inserts herself directly between the cashiers and the people ordering and starts complaining about how there's hot sauce on her burger in the shrillest, most grating voice possible
>everybody in line are exchanging glances, shaking heads and snickering
>the manager informs her that the hot sauce is in fact the bbq sauce that's supposed to go on the sandwich
>she is in tears for some reason when they give her a new sandwich with no sauce (gratitude?)

>> No.10510847

>>10510830
>Every place I've ever worked has had a kitchen staff made of felons.
im guessing you live in america, where most of the population are felons

>> No.10510855

>customer asks for diet Coke
>Bring them diet coke
>"I asked for diet Coke" loudly
>proceeds to dump the glass on the nice carpet floor
>Entire resraraunt froze over waiting for me to pose my shit
>Come back with wet floor sign and paper with tape
>Prop wet floor sign up
>On paper in big red letters "I poured this diet Coke on the ground"
>Demands the manager come out
>Go get the manager and explain
>Manager tells her to get the fuck out of the restaurant
>She hadn't even ordered yet
>Tells manager to go fuck himself and fire me
>"We don't serve cunts in this restaurant"
>He tells me to get the police
>Ring up my buddy and let him know the deal
>Shortly officers come in and drag her out
>Apparently she had a gun and was planning to use it if I snapped (her words when confessing)
>Got promoted
>Manager told me "you're the most relaxed person I've ever met. How do you stay so calm"
>Just look at him with my dead eye "you ever work at Walmart for 10 years?"
Good thing I'm friends with the manager and cops

>> No.10510861

>>10510855
>nothin personel, kid

>> No.10510869

>>10510835
>underaged busboy slaves
they count as front of house

>or the proper back of house that do it after the restaurant closes for the night.
the one time I worked for a fancy place, back of house didn't do shit except for empty the seafood display ice bed thing

>> No.10510871

>>10510804
Don't try that shit in an independently owned restaurant. They were forced to pay and leave.

They seemed genuinely upset. They should have fucked off and enjoyed their steak with (menus changed over the years so probably) caramelized onion mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus or planks of squash, topped with either compound butter or onion merlot demi glace. Or we would probably would have gladly given them a replacement item on the menu (not another steak) like the salmon, seabass, smoked chicken, pomegranate salad with any protein.

But he had to make a show. It feels good to watch these fuckers get kicked out.

>> No.10510889

>>10510855
>Just look at him with my dead eye "you ever work at Walmart for 10 years?"

How can one man be so based?

>> No.10510893

>>10510780
entree means starter in snailspeak, we use it incorrectly according to those kebabs

>> No.10510919

>>10510893
Entree means starter everywhere in the world except for America.

>> No.10510920
File: 37 KB, 540x359, 171010224434_1_540x360.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10510840
>go to panda express
>see a white 6-cylinder mustang roll into the handicap parking spot
>the suspension decompressed as two hamlards rolled onto their hooves and out
>the two waddle surprisingly quickly into the restaurant
>I stand in line behind them
>both order 2 entree plates with chow mein (500+ Cal) and then both fried mains
>eggrolls and cream cheese rangoons?
>yes please!
>sweet and sour sause?
>yes please!
>would you like a drink?
>yes
>no
>???
>the waistline thickens..
>are you on a diet?
>no
>so why aren't you getting soda?
>I don't know this is already a lot
>oh well ok
>nevermind, I'll have a soda too

Panda express lines make me want to slit throats. Fucking fatcunts. Stop sampling, I KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT ORANGE CHICKEN TASTES LIKE. Oh you're checking if it's fresh? LOOK AT IT.

>> No.10510925

>>10510004
Ordered an aged ribeye medium rare at a joint for my birthday, because I usually don't splurge $40 on a meal. It came out medium to medium well, and it felt like such a shame to have to waste such a piece of meat, but I asked for it recooked. Got it back rare (cool in the middle), got it recooked to perfectly medium rare.

Aaand, then I realized that the cook knew what the fuck he was doing. The medium/medium-well was the better way to serve their in-house aged ribeye because it takes that long to melt the marbling to make it buttery.

Still a good steak, but guess I was that guy.

>> No.10510937

>>10510919
I thought entrée meant main course in French until this very moment, this is very unsettling

>> No.10510953

>>10510937
Did not know either
>Historically, the entrée was one of the stages of the “Classical Order” of formal French table service of the 18th and 19th centuries, i.e., potage, hors d’œuvre, entrée, roast (rôti), salad, entremets, and dessert.

But I guess we could see why we went with entree instead of roast, because a roast means something entirely different in English, and you do eat it after the bread, soup and salad.

>> No.10510954

>>10510835
>Don't pretend that front end does that either. It's either the underaged busboy slaves that do it
Bussers/service assistants are FOH staff.

Most places expect servers to sweep their sections and many even prebus tables as well, especially at busier turn&burn casual restaurants like Olive Garden/TGI Fridays you are expected to clear all dishes and napkins etc so the bussers just have to wipe/polish tabletops. It's different everywhere of course but I have never worked at a restaurant where BOH staff did a damn thing on the service floor.

As for money, the example you gave is such an extreme and rare occurrence that you can hardly constitute that as a normal service job. 99% of fullservice restaurants are not like this and I'm not including SteaknShake. Where I work the average check total for dinner for 2 people plus a round of drinks is $100, so you make $20 per table at a standard 20%, but each table is sat between 2-3 hours because it is an extended multiple course dinner. You have little chance to turn and burn somewhere like this and you get a limited section of 3-4 tables depending on size and skill. I doubt that you can take very many tables at a time and I also doubt that you can turn them very quickly as a place like that, so yeah you might make more per table, but do more work per table too so you can take fewer.

>> No.10510958

>>10510937
Now you understand how in American it became known as the main course
>Look, Linda! French! Antreee
>Oh Harold, this place is so fancy! That has to be the main course. Why else would it be in French?
And then when they got their entree, they bitched and left without paying because it was so small.
It kept happening over and over again, so the restaurant just changed it to mean the main course so that they'd stop offending the Americans

>> No.10510964
File: 85 KB, 800x340, stars n bars grips.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10510855
>>Apparently she had a gun and was planning to use it if I snapped
americans.EXE

>>10510937
entree literally translates to "entrance"

>> No.10510965

>>10510780
>entree
>Main meal

Pick one

>> No.10510966

>>10510953
Roast means the same thing in English as it does in French. The meat of the meal was literally the meat of the meal.

>> No.10510972

>>10510964
Don't start shit about guns, my dude. And like what was said above, a roast as a main course means something differently in English, so it's fairly easy to see why they went with entree in the order of things.

Now, don't get me started about the differences between dinner and supper.

>> No.10510980

>>10510966
Yes, I'll just call my shrimp scampi a roast.

>> No.10510983

>>10510893
>>10510919
>>10510937
The stages of the meal underwent several significant changes between the mid-16th and mid-17th century, and notably, the entrée became the second stage of the meal, and potage became the first.
>At this point, the term “entrée” had lost its literal meaning and had come to refer to a certain type of dish, unrelated to its place in the meal.
The cookbooks and dictionaries of the 17th and 18th centuries rarely discuss directly the composition of the dishes for each stage of the meal, though they routinely designate recipes or include lists of dishes appropriate to each stage. Nevertheless, entrées and the dishes of the other stages of the meal can be distinguished from each other by certain characteristics, such as their ingredients, cooking methods, and serving temperature.

In the 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries, entrées, on meat days, included most butchers’ meats (but not ham), suckling pig, fowl, furred and feathered game, and offal. Eggs, on meat days, were never served as entrées; they were served only as entremets. Vegetables often made up part of the sauce or garnish,
>but entrées were always meat dishes;
vegetable dishes were served only as entremets.

On lean days, fish and eggs replaced meat and fowl in every stage of the meal; and on these days, eggs did appear as entrées. Few entrées were composed only of vegetables. During Lent, though, vegetable entrées (“entrées en racines”, encompassing all vegetables, not just “roots”), were sometimes served.

-
It's easy to see where the miscommunication is, but contrary to the first poster, I think it's obvious no one would refer to garlic bread as the entree of a meal.

>> No.10510987

>>10510980
That would be considered an entree. No one would eat... Just a bucket of shrimp, butter, and pasta for their main course, right?

>> No.10510988

>>10510966
"roast" isn't a word in french

>> No.10510994

>>10510988
Roti is. It doesn't have a special broad meaning which is what that guy implied. Unless he was meaning to imply that "roast" in Ameriglish means something completely different than what roti does in French

>> No.10510995

>>10510972
>dinner and supper.
dinner is lunch, supper is the later meal

"diner" and "souper" in french basically correspond that way and in a lot of militaries "dinner" or the more childish "din-din" more often refer to lunch

>> No.10510997

How many assblasted faggots have to bait Americans in this thread? I have read at least four posts so far, probably by the same imbecile.

>> No.10511007

>>10510964
Yeah, that's called murder. Woman is clearly insane.

>> No.10511008

>>10510937
Cmon dude it literally means ENTRY.

>> No.10511012

>>10510621
I AM GOING ON YELP RIGHT NOW

AND POSSIBLY GOOGLE MAPS REVIEW

>> No.10511038

>>10510801
lol

>> No.10511042

>>10511007
>Woman is clearly American
ftfy

>> No.10511057

Other day we spit on a semi-raw beef sandwich we sent out to this bitch in the drive thru who was reeeeeeeing about us being “too slow” despite being absolutely packed. I normally don’t do this but the cunt was all.

>How hard is it to slap together a meal?
>Fucking idiots
>I’m calling corporate
>That’s why you work at a fucking restaurant
>Gimme a free cake slice for my trouble

>> No.10511076

>>10510847
we love making people into felons here >>10510954
2-3 hour extended multi course and the total is only $100 for 2? what the fuck? shut the fuck up retard

>> No.10511097

>>10511076
I live in the midwest. It's no NYC or LA; they just don't have any market for a 17 course taster plate high French cuisine meal with wine pairings here. I work at one of the most expensive restaurants in the city, but it's still a midwestern city.
I'm just glad it's expensive enough that any nigger that somehow comes in either leaves after seeing the menu or never comes back after their meal.

>> No.10511100

>>10510847
Fuck off mohammed

>> No.10511143

I worked at a tourist trap that had a restraunt. This group of four people ordered food and we got it out in time. Thirty minutes later, they complain to the manager the food was cold. Those assholes sat there talking the whole time, and when they were ready to eat the food had cooled down.
My boss made us remake everything and gave them a comp.

>> No.10511855

>>10510767
>garlic bread is an entree

nice try, poorfag

>> No.10511873

>>10510775
Holy shit why are Americans so confused by food?

What color is the sky in your world?

>> No.10511874

>>10510721
Yeah maybe at fuckin' Applebee's or some trash like that.

>> No.10511880

>>10511873
Walmart blue or Apple gray

>> No.10511897

I used to work in a food retail place and when a customer would get angry all the staff including the owner and the manager would pretty much gang up together and make the customer look like the bad guy.
We did have pretty bad Yelp reviews bad it was an ok place to work.

>> No.10511903

>>10510721
>Entrees
You mean APPETIZERS, retard?

>> No.10511913

>>10510801
>taxi driver comes through at like 4am
>he wants a burrito with everything on it
>"this is probably gonna cost a lot. you sure?"
>he says yes
>ring him up for an XXL grilled stuft with extra everything
>it takes like three fucking burritos to wrap it and it's the size of a fucking infant, we put it on the clamshell grill and it takes up both sides
>he fucking loves it

>> No.10511995

>>10511913
>He fucking loves it
Give that asshole a pat on the back for not being a total cunt about it. He's a piece of shit for making an order like that but if he's happy I wouldn't argue with it

>> No.10512073

>>10510987
>bucket of shrimp pasta
of course not you heathen
we serve it in a shovel

>> No.10512610

My first job was as a cashier in a fast food joint back in high school. There were multiple people who thought I wasn't giving them back the correct change because I did it so quickly. Then when they counted it themselves they would realize I'm right.

>> No.10512661

>go to a steak house
>Waiter asks me how I'd like my steak
>"Can you do rare?"
>Sure can!
>"I'll take it rare then, thanks!"
>Food is taking a while, friends are asking if we should ask where our appetizers are at least
>Tell them it's fine
>45 minutes later, salads come out
>Another 45 minutes, entrees
>Steak isn't just overcooked, it's burnt through
>Tell waiter this steak is not rare, it's past well done
>"Oh well don't you worry, we'll cook you a new one!"
>Half an hour later, nothing
>Tell the waiter were done waiting, just bring us the check
>Check comes
>Two steaks on the receipt, mother fucker charged for both
>"Well of course, you ordered two steaks!"
>Ask for the manager for the first time in my life
>Fucking another half hour before shithead brought the manager
>And for some goddamn reason waiter brought another steak with him
>Wasn't rare, was raw
We got the meal refunded and I think the guy got fired, but I think he was quitting anyway and did all this because he wanted to fuck with someone. He was such a fucking prick

>> No.10512760
File: 1.35 MB, 2610x2610, IMG_20180418_204346_01_01_01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10512661

>> No.10512779

>>10510004
Only if you promise not to question his authority. Let me get him *proceeds to unzip pants and force angry customer's head towards the throbbing and glistening cock*

>> No.10512780
File: 278 KB, 500x281, daily.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10510612
>waiter tries to pull this on me during a date
>my 6'5 jacked as fuck gf stands up
>he immediately shrinks and starts apologizing

>> No.10512815
File: 106 KB, 358x477, 1524763978025.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10510721
>yfw anglos are so retarded they use the word for appetizer in french (entrée) and make it into the name for the main dish instead

>> No.10512818
File: 944 KB, 290x200, 1524716161281.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10512780
>6'5 jacked as fuck gf

>> No.10512821
File: 47 KB, 600x317, 6d2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10512913

>Order exact same combo from the exact same McDonalds 1-2 times a week because I'm a sperg and I know its exact caloric value
>"Number 6 combo, Dr. Pepper, no ice, hot mustard"
>They still fuck it up every other week
>sometimes theres ice
>sometimes they give me bbq sauce
>sometimes they give me a large
>sometimes they somehow undercook my fuckin nuggies
>sometimes it's a coca cola
>"Haha, sorry, I asked for a Dr. Pepper, can I get a cup of that?"
>"No senor, its says Coca Cola"
>"Uh, yeah, there must have been some kind of miscommunication, maybe it was me, but can I just get a Dr. Pepper."
>*points to order monitor*
>"Yup, that's the wrong one."
>*exasperatedly gets me a new drink*

I know these people.
I don't really know these people.
I know their faces.
The exact same people, once or twice a week.
I'm sure they do a lot of business and meet a lot of people.
I'm sure McDonald's is not the most glamorous profession.

If you are over 20 years of age, and repeatedly cannot put round peg in round hole within a 95% precision rate you should fucking be massacred.

>> No.10512920

>>10512913
It's amazing how these are the same people who genuinely believe they deserve 15 bucks an hour

>> No.10512922

>>10512913
Not saying anything about that fast food location's culpability, but you are legitimately autistic.

>> No.10512926

>>10512922
I admitted as much.

>> No.10512939

>>10512926
Cool, as long as you recognize it. Just saying you can't tell a story without attracting ire to your 'tism.

>> No.10512966
File: 81 KB, 409x406, 1503853017424.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>go to restaurant
>qt waiter seats me
>thought that he'd be my server too
>turned out it's a fat lady
>trying to find something to complain about so that I can get the qt waiter as server
>can't, service was top notch
>mfw

>> No.10512972

>>10512966
That's called a greeter, or with more provenance a Maître D. Have you never been to a restaurant before?

>> No.10512977

>>10510764
we got assistant manager tho

>> No.10512995

>>10512780
How feminine is her penis?

>> No.10513204

>>10510770
Fucking hell, some people are stupid. I hate that they're able to get away with a discount for their stupidity but it's even more galling that the person is then not satisfied with that.
What a cunt.

>> No.10513212

>>10510778
I don't know what cum tastes like but if I had two people at my table who did and suggested the salad dressing might contain it I wouldn't ask for the manager until I'd taken it to a place to get it tested. Then I'd be coming back with a letter from an attorney.

>> No.10513221

>>10512815
It's only Americans that do that.

>> No.10513271

>>10512780
>my 6'5 jacked as fuck gf stands up
kek'ed pretty hard

>> No.10513323

Just had this altercation on Sunday

>Couple walks in, sits at the bar
>Inform me that it's their first time and just moved into the area.
>Get them both a craft cocktail, love them
>Lady orders soup to start and then a steak & Lobster, husband orders burger.
>Please make sure the soup comes first
>Absolutely.
>Guy next to them orders the surf & turf as well.
>Ring in surf and turf for the gent, and the soup for the couple
>Line informs me that they cannot make the soup because the beef broth is not ready (hectic brunch)- however we have a chicken veg soup ready now if she does not want to wait.
>Inform the wife that we can substitute the soup, free of charge.
>She scoffs "Those are completely different soups! Why would you even offer that?"
>I completely understood, I will take the soup off- send your main course to the kitchen and even offer a desert. I apologize.
>After I send it, she starts bitching "You know, we've been here for a long time..."
>Literally just sat down... no wait
>"Do we get some sort of bread and butter?"
>"Ma'am, I'm sorry we do not offer that here..."
>Lady Scoffs
Cont.

>> No.10513340

>>10513323
>I have only two days left at this bar, I'm starting to get annoyed
>stammer a bit... "o-okay. Yes, I will go back and make you some bread and butter"
>Don't want to ask BOH because they are slammed with lunch service. No matter, I'll cut some bread and toast it in the oven. Easy.
>Come back out
>Inform the couple that the bread will be out shortly.
>Lady then begins to whisper and kinda chew out the husband...
>"You-you know I just have to tell you. I come here and order a surf and turf, and I'm look-looking in front of me, and I'm sitting in front of dirty stinky burned out candles"
>It's 3:00 PM, we just opened and the candles on the bar were not replaced the night before.
>"I apologize, but we do not light our candles until evening, but I understand that they don't look well. I-I-I will replace them shortly. I'm sorry."
>She looks at me, and says "It's OK, I know it's not YOUR fault" with a glare. "But I just don't understand WHY it would be like this?"
>I look at her, not sure how to respond and just say: "I'll just go grab that bread"
>Bring it out, no issues.
>After I bring the bread, the other guest receives the Surf and Turf
>She flips out
>"I just have to know WHY did HE receive his steak while we ordered it BEFORE him? I mean, what is even going on here?"
>Husband tries to calm her down
>"NO!" she yells "He should not have HIS before US!"
>I Snap
>"Ma'am... you ordered soup right? We did not have what you ordered, so I sent your meal to the kitchen AFTER his. I wanted to make sure the soup came out first like you wished. I don't know what else you want? Does that answer your question?"
>She says nothing.
>Guests whisper to me "You're a lot more patient that I would ever be with that woman"
>She storms off

>> No.10513348

>>10513340
>Husband is sitting there
>I apologize to him that I lost my cool. But it was obvious that she was just not happy about anything.
>He understands, and says that I could not do anything right from the get go and she does this all the time.
>I offer to box up the food.
>He says "No! I am going to sit here, and enjoy my burger and have some steak. You did nothing wrong, and I will enjoy my afternoon."
>Speak with the husband for an hour. He loves the food and loves everything.
>Turns out that he gets shit like this whenever they go out.
>Bitch returns multiple times throughout him eating and calls him an "asshole" and "fucker".
>He just wants her to calm down, and hopes that "she'll treat me like a human being when I get back home."
>Boxes up the rest of the dishes and leaves a great tip.

Poor fuck. I feel sorry for him. I paid for his drinks for being pretty cool. But, he's whipped like none-other.

Thank God I'm leaving.

>> No.10513810

>at drive through today getting lunch
>I order and pay
>waiting behind a car in front of me
>they get their food (takes about 3 mins)
>their car drives forward
>so i drive up to window
>their car suddenly gets on the horn and they reverse
>the drive through line is packed so I cant go anywhere
>2 40ish something women get out of the car
>chubby but not huge
>one starts abusing the window chick
>one hits the bonnet of my car and indicates they want me to reverse
>tell them I cant as the whole line is packed
>they're arguing for like 5 minutes the same idot is getting mad at me for not reversing
>I get out of the car and tell them to move and take it inside if they are that annoyed.
>im standing by my car.
>they threaten to hit me and try to make me go hit them
>tell them if they want to do anything they need to come to me
>im kinda shitting myself knowing I wont be able to hit a woman unless ive already copped a few hits
>don't really wanna get punched
>they eventually decide to leave for whatever reason
>as they are driving off some abbo kid on a bike throws a frozen coke at her windshield

>> No.10513866

>>10513323
>>10513340
>>10513348
What a spineless husband. Good guy or not only the most ball-less fucker would put up with shit like that.

>> No.10513885

>>10513348
>he's whipped like none-other.
Not sure you know what that means. His wife is a bitch but it isn't like he got up and left with her. He did what he wanted to do and she had to just deal with it.

>> No.10513891

>>10513348
Holy shit, you deserve a medal for your patience.

>> No.10513892

>department of labor wants restaurants to pool tips and give them to BoH too

>implying this will amount to anything other than management pocketing tips every night

It's amazing that the department of labor has so much faith in an employer that openly doesn't pay his employees.

>> No.10513912

>work taco bell
>coworker is taking a customer's order
>in the background, her kid is screaming his head off for unknown reasons
>can't hear the order
>customer complains she can't hear him, he says the microphone is literally right in front of his mouth
>he says maybe if her kid would stop screaming, she could hear him
>she immediately drives forward, tells him to go fuck himself and that he's a fucking asshole blah blah blah

Why are white women so willing to debase themselves and lose their shit in front of their kids? Had a lady scream and cuss at me because she couldn't find a soft taco in her bag for her kid one time.

>> No.10513923

>>10513892
All the DoL wants is tips properly noted and taxed.
Considering the fact that literally every single low-level legal violation is directly a result of nobody declaring tips, would probably be a wash.

>> No.10514074
File: 27 KB, 362x362, In an inertial frame of reference, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10513810
>as they are driving off some abbo kid on a bike throws a frozen coke at her windshield
and they say abbos arent good for anything

>> No.10514086

>>10513885
>He did what he wanted to do and she had to just deal with it.
And yet he's still going to go home with her and in his own words "hopes that she treats him like a human being when they get back home."

>> No.10514260

>Fake stories the thread where wagies pretend they acted like courageous heroes when in reality if they ever stood up to a customer even once they would be fired and replaced within 24 hours

Tick tick. Get my food and don't pretend you're gonna do anything.

>> No.10514722

>>10510855
This didn't happen but it was fun to read, gj