[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 70 KB, 235x301, fdfdfdfdfdf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10333853 No.10333853 [Reply] [Original]

ITT post stories/experiences about working Front Of the House, good and bad, anything goes.

>be me, about last week
>work at a tgi fridays
>about 9pm, agroup of 10 or so black people come in
>joy almighty
>they want to go to the bar
>let the bar handle them
>30 mins alter, they're screaming, laughing, and doing just about everything they can do to show how true stereotypes really are.
>I go to get a couple menus (the menu's are in a cupboard in the bar)
>one guy drops his drink, the glass shatters
>I tell the bartender and get the mop
>I come back, they're all smashing the glassware and arguing with the bartenders, who are tying to avoid starting a level 10 chimpout
>I get my boss, fuck this
>at this point, the bar is empty because they drove everyone out into the dining room or of the store entirely
>they get kicked out, we take a loss on their bill
>I'm helping clean glass and mop booze
>one girl stayed behind, who turned out to be one of our daytime servers
>I'd never really met her since I don't usually work days
>she's bawling her eyes out like a damn baby
>that was her family, she'd invited them for dinner as treat
I've never felt such pity for one person that in that one night.

>> No.10333896

>>10333853
FOH?

>> No.10333928

you should cheer her up with your dong and attempt to tame her family

>> No.10334100
File: 53 KB, 348x333, E30C1CF2-2121-4660-AD0F-A29F0ECFAFF2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>a nigger working FOH
they are exclusively hired to sit in the back outback of sight and wash dishes lul. That’s how I know you’re a flyover because this is common knowledge in cities

>> No.10334113

Boh here. Any of you FOH lads have any tips for a colleague in the BOH who is burnt out? I just had my first kid. I already get depressed during the busy season becjause I never get to see my family or so much of anything with friends. And now I have a kid. And that depression can really impact my ability to come up with new dishes and specials. Maybe I just want to vent. Where I live, the staff issue is prevalent. It is literally just my boss and myself in the kitchen. We can’t find other cooks. So I’m working 6 days a week, 12-16 hour days. The money is great, but yeah. 3-5 months of never seeing anybody is affecting all aspects of my life, even causing me to resent cooking.

That said, I never phone in my work. I always try to do better and improve, but every day it gets harder and harder to innovate.

>> No.10334163

>>10334113
Working kitchen with a family is fucking hard BOH bro.
Starting your own place might be a good answer, you can set your own schedule and delegate more so you can see your mates. I know it's tough setting up but imagine being your own boss, maybe having your kid inherit your business when you leave.

>> No.10334169
File: 75 KB, 320x285, 1491615741562.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10334113
>fist child
>I need tips for my minimum wage kitchen job
>working actual slave hours

I got a hot tip for you; either fake your own death and run away or actually go through with it. How the fuck did you let your life spiral out of control like this?

Did you not think before you hit the pussy with your dick unwrapped? "hmm, you know what my situation needs right now? For me to take care of a child." the fuck is the matter with you.

Just give up motherfucker because guess what; your life will never get better. The stage in which your situation can improve is over now; things will ONLY get worse from here on out

>> No.10334180

>>10334113
Where you at?

>> No.10334188

>>10334180
Northern Michigan.

>> No.10334207

>>10334188
It's gonna be okay bro, you need some time for yourself though. Talk to your boss and try and get him to hire more people or find a cooking bro who can take some of your shifts.
Also get off 4chan and hang with your kid

>> No.10335007

>>10333896
>FOH?
Front Of the House - waitstaff and barkeepers who actually interact with guests and who have to be friendly, well mannered and presentable

BOH =Back Of the House = cooks and preppers and dishwashers who are grimy tattooed foulmouthed crackheads and alccoholics who must never ever be seen by the guests.