[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.22 MB, 1793x1080, shoneys.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10027899 No.10027899 [Reply] [Original]

What was the first restaurant you worked in? What were your positions there? How much did they pay you? Any good stories/did you enjoy it?

>shoney's
>dishwasher, buffet attendant, cook
>4.35/hr
>learned how to cook on a line
>found out the industry was where i would probably work the rest of my life
>one of the best things i could have done with my life at the time

>> No.10028062

Anyone here worked in the industry? I thought we had some dish bitches here at least.

>> No.10028063

my fatass wife never cooks me anything the fucking fat whore just watches sitcoms all day while i work and _I_ have to make dinner i fucking hate her and this marriage i want out out out please god give me the strength to end it for i wake up every day wishing i hadnt

>> No.10028064

Starbucks Barista
I was offered the chance to move up to a management position but I left for college instead.
Pay was $9/hr, with approx $20 in tips a week.
Best job yet, I fiended for coffee so bad at night time such that I would get excited to wake up and go to work.

>> No.10028475

>work at friend's parent's Vietnamese restaurant right out of high school
>get yelled at but accent so Idk what it was about
>be a pretty good waiter, but want to pursue other

And for years later I'm still a waiter

>> No.10028484

>>10028063
Get a divorce, dumbass.

>> No.10028496

My father's best friend owns a very successful French restaurant. He got me a summer job there as a pastry assistant, when it's not during rush hours. Learned a lot, my love for cooking kinda started from there. I was only 15 so it wasn't very legal but who gives a fuck.

>> No.10028499

I'm a waiterfag I work in a Italian resturant that's big in my state. I make 5.90 an hour plus pretty good tips. It's great I just get to talk to people and watch sports all day

>> No.10028501

>>10028475
Maybe if you learned too spell you'd be able to get something better

>> No.10028528

>>10027899
I worked at a restaurant/bar next to a nudist beach when I was 9-12. Friend's parents owned it. I got paid randomly and got free food + drinks (no alcohol though, they weren't cool parents)