[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 1.78 MB, 270x188, thirstySnek.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10027844 No.10027844 [Reply] [Original]

Who else /LoveToCookButCantBeAssedDuringTheWeekdays/ here? I spend a lot of time at work and so cooking during weekdays isn't always practical. Thankfully it's easy to whip up some bigass meals during the weekend and then freeze and prepare stuff for the entire week. I like having three different dishes to pick from since it allows me to rotate what I'm having for lunch and dinner every day.

>Get delicious lunchboxes the whole week
>Dinner is a matter of grabbing something out of the freezer
>Minimal dishes during the weekdays

Last week I did some lasagna, now I'm doing Meatballs and some Chicken Parmesan casserole.

>> No.10028067

>he hasn't found the most efficient way to make meals

everything I eat is as close to self-cooking as possible.

>> No.10028105

>>10027844

I often feel this way too. Not to mention, I GM games two nights a week (but definitely gonna have to cut that down to one), so it's nice to make big meals that I can eat over the course of the week.

My go toos are usually fried rice, cottage pie, pasta, or some kinda stew.

>> No.10028122

>weekdays
>frozen burritos, fish sticks, beans & rice, lentils, raw or steamed vegetables
>weekends
>homemade sourdough, meat pies in short crust, ethnic stir fries, pasta in that new sauce I wanted to make, stuffed shrooms/cabbage, roasted veggie and tuber dishes, potstickers, random fancy dessert

I'm happy