[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ck/ - Food & Cooking

View post   

File: 12 KB, 275x183, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10027827 No.10027827 [Reply] [Original]

Alright fucking coffee snobs of /ck/, consider the following.

Let us say I have two Aeropress, two temp-controlled kettles, 1 kilo of your favorite beans, and plenty of filter water.

Using burr grinder, I grind the optimum amount of coffee beans at the optimum mean diameter.

Using the gooseneck kettle, I boil enough water at the opium temperature for your bean of choice.

I turn-over each Aeropress, pour the same amount of beans into each, and slowly add the correct amount of hot water.

I stir the slurry in each press, and while I let them steep, I wet one filter and let the other be dry. I then press each slurry into identical warm mugs.

Would you piggots be able to tell me which cup was brewed with a wet filter and which cup was brewed with a dry filter? Sure, you might get lucky, but I'm willing to bet that on average you're success would be 50-50 (like fukcing cointoss).

That's what I fucking thought. Stop telling me to wet my filters in coffee threads. And while your at it, stop telling me to weigh my beans and water, use a burr grinder, etc. As long as you grind your beans fresh, any other technique make marginal difference and you asshole know it. I roast my own coffees everyday, and you assholes get high mighty with your month old shit coffees. Motherfucker pig, close your goddamn mouth

>> No.10027935

This is the only non degenerate way of making coffee: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MlbZM7kOr4s

>> No.10028282

Only because Aeropress filters are so trash the coffee almost goes around them more than through them. I could tell apart rinsed vs dry v60 filters 10 times out of 10.