[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 211 KB, 1088x1600, 1528584352413.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9994451 No.9994451 [Reply] [Original]

Post collages of jfashion capsule wardrobe (min 5 unique outfits)
Requests are welcome! Not limited to lolita either.
Feel free to post capsule wardrobes you found online like pic related who's an oldie but still works.

>> No.9994452

>>9994451
*which is an oldie
my bad

>> No.9994579
File: 2.32 MB, 1868x1336, capsule1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is my current wardrobe, minus accessories.
I'm trying to make it more capsule-y and would love tips. What do I need? Should I purge anything? I love the concept of a cohesive capsule wardrobe but I always find myself with outliers and I'm not sure what to do with them... Keep them for that special occasion? Sell them and buy something that fits into the capsule better?
Theres also a wine innocent world sailor dress but I left it off because I'm at a complete loss of how to coord it

>> No.9994588

>>9994579
I feel like the idea of capsule wardrobe is ideal but not really realistic since you're not going to like things that always match other things. Unless you're buying something that matches literally nothing else you've ever liked, it's really hard to stick with a certain combination of colors. Maybe it's just me, though.
I adore your wardrobe. So simple and cute. I'd make a capsule but I'm so lazy.

>> No.9994600
File: 1000 KB, 1875x2500, wbrmmm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

a white, black, and red moitie capsule i made for an anon in the last thread we had

>> No.9994604
File: 198 KB, 1184x1224, 28378892_1806577619364252_7753245134191329280_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I made this based on my wardrobe, please excuse the green dots - I was trying to work out what to buy

>> No.9994605
File: 217 KB, 1184x1224, 28379200_1806538656034815_7278267303676870656_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9994604

>> No.9994625

Requesting a gothic metamorphose only capsule wardrobe. Preferably older meta as it's my favorite. Screen prints are okay, but no prints otherwise. Thanks

>> No.9994644

Requesting a gothic wardrobe w/o religious symbolism

>> No.9994646

>>9994625
2nding this

>> No.9994648

Could someone start a lolita wardrobe with this idea? If I'm new to the fashion and am looking to have a smallish wardrobe.

>> No.9994713

>>9994648
what style, you silly doughnut?

>> No.9994744

>>9994579
I think if you like multiple styles,try to create mini-capsules within your wardrobe. The left side of your collage is a good example of that, but I feel like you're struggling more with the right-hand side of your wardrobe as that is the less cohesive part of it. With the IW sailor dress - if it has brass or gold buttons, then the tan or some of the gold items might go well with it and you would only be looking for the right legwear and headwear as opposed to another pair of shoes, another bag etc.

>> No.9994771
File: 1.03 MB, 1267x909, tumblr_p12wkueEe81wo5eaeo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really like casual ones. I found these in one of the previous threads I think.

Requesting more casual wardrobes, especially with gothic or pirate influences. I'm going to try to make one that includes a few trousers.

>> No.9994773
File: 2.24 MB, 1280x1427, tumblr_ozolbrYuUL1wo5eaeo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9994771

>> No.9994774
File: 969 KB, 953x868, tumblr_p4z7q0Ktjt1wo5eaeo1_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9994773

>> No.9994778

>>999474
Nayrt, but This is so good, anon. I don't even have Jane Marple, but now I'm considering owning a few

>> No.9994779
File: 197 KB, 940x716, meta.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9994625
>>9994646

>> No.9994920

>>9994779
omfg where is that teddy from? I need Him in my life.

>> No.9995074
File: 133 KB, 736x736, 0c8d868bd682ee18e07ef8d6a0417393..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9994713
Classic is the style I feel I'm drawn to the most. Sorry, I forgot to specify. I don't want to ask you to spoonfeed me a wardrobe, but at the same time, I'm not sure where to start. I already know I don't want a huge wardrobe with 40+ main pieces, but how can I have a relatively cohesive wardrobe while staying under 15 or so?

>> No.9995124
File: 472 KB, 728x890, 3e36d6b2c7dd791757abcb09e6807c2f21a6143973a3f2b9be1d0468632d429e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I really like these threads, but I feel like interest has been lacking lately (when it comes to jfashion threads in general)

Can we combine this thread with making several coords with the same main-piece? I saved pic related from a previous thread, Idk if there was more?

What do you think of using black with a main-piece that doesn't have any black?

>> No.9995145

>>9994920
It's the meta Jewel leopard bag

>> No.9995156

>>9995074
You shouldn't have a problem! There's a great post on fyeahlolita about capsule wardrobes you should check out.
>>9995124
I think it can be cute, especially with solids. Black is a neutral, so there aren't many things it doesn't go with.

>> No.9995209

..... requesting leopard print? some otome dresses & pieces are fine.

>> No.9995244

>>9994920
Jewel leopard, was up on closet child

>> No.9995313

>>9995156
>There's a great post on fyeahlolita about capsule wardrobes you should check out.
Thanks! I'll go find it now!

>> No.9995762

>>9995124
Blacks and white can always be added, as long as it’s balanced.

>> No.9997038
File: 118 KB, 584x640, capsule.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9994648
Oh man, capsule wardrobes are totally my jam so prepare for a ramble. First of all, yes, capsule wardrobe principles are super great for building a small lolita wardrobe. These are my thoughts on building a good lolita capsule (and I’m second the Fyeahlolita post as being a fabulous starting point).

1. Every item should go with at least two other items (i.e. for each skirt you have at least two blouses that match, two pairs of shoes etc. and each cardigan should go with at least two main pieces)
2. You need to have some statement pieces otherwise your wardrobe will feel repetitive and boring. In the pic attached the apron, bustier and capelet are those pieces. They add a lot to coordinates without being too big/expensive and though they’re very distinctive in style they still match with most items. Similarly the green floral piece also gives this wardrobe a bit more dimension than if it had been another primarily cream/brown piece.
3. It’s easier and cheaper (and takes less storage space) to have lots of different accessories (especially legwear and headwear) to change up a look than it is to have lots of dresses.
4. Don’t neglect the shoes and bags, with how the style is these days you can’t really do what Fyeahlolita suggests and just have one of each that matches everything.
5. Try not to double up except in neutral or dominant colours. If you’re a sweet lolita, by all means have three different white blouses and if your wardrobe has a lot of pink accents having four different pink outerwear options can worthwhile. But in the example wardrobe attached it would not be very useful to add lots of green things to match the JSK, or wine things to match the skirt. In fact I didn’t do it at all!
(having made point 5 though, it’s sometimes tricky to balance between it and point three. You needs interesting, but still useful…)

>> No.9997064

>>9997038
Ilu anon
I'm obsessed with capsule wardrobes as well. Gonna have to make one out of mine for my trip this year

>> No.9997186

>>9997038
Thanks so much, anon. You're the greatest. I'm actually very happy I found this thread before starting a wardrobe because I wouldn't have had any idea of where to start.

What are some good statement pieces I should look out for when starting a wardrobe besides caplets and shrugs? That apron is adorable, btw, would you know the name of it?

>> No.9997210

Requesting Aatp x Moitie in black and red hues. As kittle as possible whites Please

>> No.9997256

>>9995124
I think in those coords they should not have added black but brown

>> No.9997277

>>9997256
>Moitie blue with brown
That's like reinventing the wheel.

>> No.9997298

>>9997277
I mean look at those coords. It's supposed to be balanced.

>> No.9997763

>>9997256
I think anon is one of those "creative" permaitas

>> No.9997791

>>9997064
Capsules are life. Totally do it! I ended up with a black x berry print capsule in my wardrobe entirely by accident, lol.

>>9997186
You're so welcome, I love doing this stuff. If you want to tell me a bit more about exactly what style/colours/prints you're into I can do up an example capsule for you if you'd like (though I have some looong thoughts coming in my next post here about the specific things I'd have in a small wardrobe, prepare yourself).

As for the statement pieces it could be things like a dramatic hat or bonnet (think Triple Fortune style) or some kind of not entirely practical outer layer like in that earlier example. In my own wardrobe it's fawn fur, I have waaaay too many fawn fur items...they aren't necessary but they do add an interesting touch when used. It's just items that can't be used all the time/aren't as versatile but can really elevate outfits. I know that's vague but I hope it helps a bit.

Not sure of the apron name, sorry, but it's from Innocent World.

>> No.9997795

>>9997791
As promised (threatened?), more thoughts for you >>9997186
. Also, if anyone wants to debate my opinions I am so down for that! So in your case, let’s say you want to have a 10 main piece wardrobe (you said under fifteen but ten’s just an easier number to work with). As a rough guide, I’d suggest the following selection of pieces. This is assuming you live in a moderate temperature area, so you don’t need to keep things really lightweight or very layered.

Main pieces
1 fancy/unique main piece (probably an OP but maybe a JSK)
4 JSKs
2 OPs
3 skirts

With a limited number of pieces, unless you are going for a very distinctive aesthetic, it’s best to vary the materials and cuts of your pieces. Have a mix of solids, prints, and patterned pieces. Try to have more than just plain cotton/cotton-blend materials; chiffon, velvet, jacquard, satin all look very different and if you vary the fabrics, you could have a monochrome wardrobe that still looks diverse. Go for different cuts if you can as well; different bodice shapes and heights as well as different skirt types (bustled, tiered, plain).

Post 1 of ??

>> No.9997799

>>9997795
Post 2 of ??

Tops

1 statement blouse or bolero (try for an very unusual colour/cut, or a pattern that’s more uncommon than horizontal stripes)
4 long sleeved blouses or cutsews, 2 in the neutral colours of your wardrobe and 2 to add variety
4 short sleeved blouses or cutsews, same distribution
3 long sleeve boleros or cardigans, 1 neutral, 2 not
3 short sleeve boleros or cardigans, ditto
2 heavier coats/jackets, both neutral

When I’m talking neutrals, it generally means white for sweet, ivory for classic and black for gothic. In addition, your wardrobe will generally have as second neutral colour depending on your chosen main pieces. These secondary neutrals are often pink for sweet, brown for classic and I guess white or red for gothic? I don’t gothic very well… Like with the main pieces, go for a variety here as well. Sleeve length is the one I’ve mentioned because it’s the most obvious, but things like different collar shapes, materials, and even patterns or prints can play in here. Having even a single printed cutsew can really open you up to different vibes, and there’s a big difference between a chiffon blouse and a cotton one.

Headwear
2 pieces of large headwear (headbows, hats, headdresses, veils, berets) to match each main piece (this does not necessarily mean twenty! If you’re cohesive this will be more like ten items)
A similar amount of smaller headwear items (small flower or bow clips), especially in the more unique colours of the wardrobe.

The reason I mention the smaller pieces is because they are incredibly useful at bringing in cohesiveness and also filling gaps. With how big and busy lolita skirts are there needs to be balance up top, and I’ve come to find that just wearing a single large pieces up there sometimes just doesn’t cut it! These pieces are also super easy to buy cheaply or make yourself, so I think it’s kind of silly to not have them.

>> No.9997806

>>9997799
Post 3 of 4

Legwear

3 pairs of tights; a lace neutral, a solid neutral and a patterned pair.
2-3 pairs of ankle socks; one in each of your main neutral colours
2 pairs of lolita-specific OTKS to match each main piece (again, approximately 10)
3+ pairs of shoes; a flat, a heel and a boot minimum

Honestly, I love legwear. Socks and stockings are my thing, as are shoes, and it pains me to recommend having so few of these. I really couldn’t trim my shoes collection down much more, and I have 20+ lolita pairs. But I’m trying to be moderate in my suggestions here!

Accessories

4-5 pairs of wristcuffs in the neutral and dominant colours of the wardrobe
A full set of jewellery (necklace, earrings, bracelets, rings) in neutral colours
4-5 statement pieces

Accessories is very much a personal choice kind of area. Me, I’m minimal – on top of my everyday bracelets and wedding and engagement rings, I’ll do wristcuffs and maybe a necklace. An added bracelet if I’m feeling OTT, maybe a brooch. I’ll only coordinate earrings if I’m feeling really fancy! But some people really pile it on and it looks great. So this area is very much a bare bones suggestion, and I know some people will look at this and hardly call it a wardrobe’s worth of accessories at all!

Of course, for all the small items (headwear, legwear, other accessories and jewellery, and yes, shoes to an extent) I’m always an advocate of having more rather than less and what I suggest above is a minimum amount rather than a maximum. They’re cheaper and easier to come by (or make yourself, in some cases) than the actual clothing items, and really change up a look quite a lot.

>> No.9997811

>>9997806
Post 4 of 4 (sorry everyone)
Other

2-3 bags
2 petticoats in different volumes
2-3 pairs of bloomers, depending on frequency of wearing lolita (optional)
1-2 miscellaneous statement pieces (also optional, but thinks things like capelets, very dramatic shoes, corsets/bustiers, overdresses, OTT headwear)

So that’s my thoughts of what actual items you could have if you wanted to have a smallish lolita wardrobe that’s still very versatile. To me though, ten main pieces is going beyond “capsule” to just “smallish” (I wouldn’t even call it small). I’d call up to perhaps 7 main pieces a capsule, but really more the 3-5 range. Because after that point you start bringing in more and more different colours and such so it’s not a true capsule in the manner of everything matching everything.

>> No.9997877

Requesting gothic/classic wardrobe featuring empire waisted items with full back shirring and low heel/flat shoes?

I wear mostly IW and MMM and just waist dresses, but I need to put my clothes in storage and build atemp wardrobe so I’m looking for inspo please!

>> No.9997881

>>9997256
whut. provide examples pls

>> No.9997886

>>9997799
>>9997806
I would probably up the number of blouses/cutsews by 2 and decrease the amount of outerwear but I am also a blouse hoarder.

My reasoning is that with skirts and JSKs, blouse choice becomes important for your overall variety of look. If you're advocating a variety of cuts of JSK then you are probably going to need different detailing on the blouses for each one - e.g. underbust JSK (front ruffles/bib = good) vs. the standard Atelier Pierrot corset JSK (often best with the round-neck ruffled princess sleeve blouse) vs. round neck/collared JSK (high collar, less front ruffles) vs standard straight neckline with shoulder straps (more versatile, but often paired with the peter pan collar). Obviously some will double up being your 'neutral' blouses for both skirts/JSKs but it'll be tricky to keep variety for a 10-main-piece wardrobe with only 8 blouse options.

Regarding socks/tights - I definitely feel that as a more inexpensive part of the wardrobe you could do things like neutral lace tights can be worn over the top of solid-colour tights in wardrobe colours, which might increase your number of solid tights to 3-4 but increase your coording options further if you are balancing blouse/accessory colour with tights colour and need more "colour" than "neutral".

>> No.9997887

>>9997791
>If you want to tell me a bit more about exactly what style/colours/prints you're into I can do up an example capsule for you if you'd like
Thank you so much, anon! I actually don't own any dresses because I get so overwhelmed looking through them. But I prefer the classic look and I guess I would probably end up gravitating towards country when I decide on what dresses to buy. I like VM a lot, though, and IW. MM is gorgeous, but their dresses seem so expensive when I look through Lace Market.

Sorry that I'm not more detailed, anon. But I've read through all your posts and it's given me a lot more to focus in on when I'm searching through different main pieces.

>>9997799
>The reason I mention the smaller pieces is because they are incredibly useful at bringing in cohesiveness and also filling gaps. With how big and busy lolita skirts are there needs to be balance up top, and I’ve come to find that just wearing a single large pieces up there sometimes just doesn’t cut it!
Could you post an example of a smaller piece for say, classic and sweet?

>>9997811
Don't be sorry! These posts were beyond informative and taught me a ton about things I didn't necessarily think about when I was looking into lolita (like different materials and varied collar shapes).

5 main pieces is perfect for what I was wanting (enough to wear to meets every month, and even to cons). When I heard people talking about how they have 40+ main pieces, I started feeling like I would fall into a trap of needing to spend all my money on main pieces and end up SOL when it comes to everything else just to feel like I'm actually getting into the fashion.

>> No.9997945

>>9997886
You make a good point on the blouse/outerwear ratio. I'm a hoarder of both lol, but also tend to often wear JSKs without a blouse but with a bolero, so I probably do skew a little heavily towards outerwear.

Also good point with the legwear - I'd forgotten about layering as an option. It's one f those things where I KNOW I have "too many" pairs of socks and tights so when I try to go minimal I possibly go too far!

>>9997887
You're very welcome! So if you like country/classic I'm thinking florals and gingham, is that about right? What colours do you like? I'd be thinking red/wine/pink and brown/cream - is that okay by you? I'll definitely do you up and example capsule this week.

A smaller hair accessory would generally be smaller bow clips, small flower pins, that sort of thing. Pic related is from my wardrobe post two years ago showing some of my bigger clips/flowers and then the small stuff at the bottom. It gives good variety...I also have a crapton of berets and stuff, and like to wear a "big" headwear option then decorate with a couple of smaller bits.

>> No.9997947
File: 286 KB, 500x894, smol things.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9997945
And I dropped my pic like a dolt.

>> No.9997968

>>9997887
>>9997811

It’s good advice, but rather than throwing out arbitrary numbers, a wardrobe (lolita or capsule or whatever) should be driven by its purpose/what you want to wear it to, modified by things like the weather, practicality, your body type, your preference and skintone.

So for eg, if you live someplace warm, you can rule out velvet dresses immediately. If you want maximum coording options, don’t buy OPs, jsks are more versatile. If you’ll only be attending fancier lolita meets, rule out plainer dresses. If you won’t wear skirts, don’t buy skirts. If you always have issues with bust fit, only buy skirts and invest in a handful of different bustiers/vests to coord with.

Same story with the girls who own 40+ main pieces. Either they’re collectors and their wardrobe is big because it’s driven by the purpose to collect beautiful pieces, or they’re daily lolitas — 10 dresses coorded 3 ways each will give you 30 coords, which is a month. Now you have to repeat all 30 coords 12 times to get a years’ worth of outfits. Or you could simply buy more dresses for more coords.

If you don’t already know whether you like skirts or dresses more, or you’re unsure of your style or what pieces look like on you, just be prepared to buy and sell some items that don’t work, and if the whole wardrobe doesn’t work, sit down and rethink it again, starting with its purpose (you’ll at least have better data on what suits/doesn’t suit your body and your weather after trying a few things on). Don’t make a plan and then die sticking to it, don’t waste your wardrobe space trying to force a piece that doesn’t work.

>> No.9997981

>>9997945
>I'd be thinking red/wine/pink and brown/cream - is that okay by you?
Yes, that's exactly what I had in mind! I like yellow, too, but I don't see it very often in many coords (besides ivory, which isn't actually yellow).

Thank you for the image, as well. That gives me a better idea of the smaller accessories.

>>9997968
This is also extremely helpful, anon. Thank you. I hadn't really thought about my purpose besides, "I want to be able to attend meets and involve myself in the community, but I don't want a very large wardrobe because I already have several other expensive hobbies." I'm southern and I do dress a bit more traditionally, so classic/country is the style I gravitated towards the most. It gets pretty hot, so I don't know if I would layer legwear very often, and (like you said) velvet would probably only work in the dead of winter when it gets under 60 here.

I definitely needed to read a lot of this before diving into the fandom. I just got a bit excited because I finally have the means to actually indulge myself now.

>> No.9997984

>>9997981
>fandom
It's a fashion

>> No.9998021

>>9997763
which one?

>> No.9998023

>>9997981
>>9997984
Actually ''lolita fandom'' is/was a thing, but nobody really uses the term these days. It's for people who do not wear lolita themselves (which is different from ''lolita at heart'').. For example, Yoh who draws lolitas because he loves how it looks but doesn't have any interest in wearing the brands.

>> No.9998024

>>9998023
Admittedly I've never heard of that usage but even if that is/was a thing, the way anon used the term is still incorrect.

>> No.9998034

>>9998024
Yeah I know, I've only seen it 10+ years ago and in a book that teaches you how to draw lolitas

>> No.9998035

>>9998034
>in a book that teaches you how to draw lolitas
That doesn't seem like a legitimate source whatsoever.

>> No.9998042

>>9998035
it has japanese artist in it including yoh and kira imai

>> No.9998043

as in them explaining it
>>9998042

>> No.9998046

>>9998035
When we were still on egl, people who didn't wear lolita themselves were posting their lolita fanart all over the place. They sometimes even contributed with translations or scans. Those people couldn't say they were lolitas because they didn't wear it, but they could consider themselves part of lolita fandom. I think we didn't use lolita at heart yet back then.

>> No.9998051

>>9998042
You mean Gothic Lolita Punk, the book with the interview with DJ Sisen who claimed that he supposedly popularized lolita fashion styles other than gothic lolita and made them more accessible to the public? Still dubious as hell.

>> No.9998136

Anyone here with a larger wardrobe using sets of modules or mini-capsules? I'm curious to know how you organize jewelry and accessories in that system.

Do have a neutral accessory set that works for everything & limit modules to statement pieces? Or does each module have a ton of themed accessory options?

>> No.9998144

>>9997984
Sorry, anon. I guess I meant, "community", but I've always thought communities were called fandoms.

>> No.9998160

>>9998051
you need to re-read that book lol that is not what he said.. but he did put a lot of effort into the early gothic/alt scene in japan and organised events.

>> No.9998588
File: 1.17 MB, 1270x692, 1510819727071.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9998618

>>9998588
I don’t really think this is a capsule wardrobe, it’s more of a themed wardrobe. None of the stuff is cohesive with each other, and you’ve only got 3 blouses for like 5 main pieces

>> No.9998621

>>9997981
Coolio, will get you a capsule sometime this week then. Obviously it'll just be my opinion, but hopefully it will give you some ideas.

>>9998588
As a black x pink, and a cat, lover this is fabulous.

>> No.9998622
File: 278 KB, 1088x1600, STARTER-WARDROBE-GOTHIC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998618
Haha yeah, you're right. I just think it's really cute
I'll post some (hopefully) better ones
>>9998621
I know right? Cat prints are the best

>> No.9998623
File: 272 KB, 1088x1600, STARTER-WARDROBE-CLASSSIC.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998622

>> No.9998626
File: 2.12 MB, 1114x1225, 1510730313121.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998623

>> No.9998627
File: 866 KB, 980x1200, 1512623034377.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998626

>> No.9998631

>>9998627
This is cute

>> No.9998632
File: 991 KB, 903x814, 1510634134328.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998627

>> No.9998633
File: 624 KB, 1873x1582, 1510092659807.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998632

>> No.9998670

Requesting capsule wardrobe for tartan main pieces, no skirts.

>> No.9998675

What about a mori capsule wardrobe? I'd definitely like to see one.

>> No.9998753

>>9998626
HNNNNGH
This is so good, but the short J&J green bolero only matches 1 item (the Baby high-waisted skirt).
That's not what you guys mean by a statement piece, right? Even a statement piece should match more than 1 item?

>> No.9998826

Could I request a sax/pink/red wardrobe with accents of white. Especially with similar simple/oldschool-ish jsks like the blue one in the OP.

>> No.9999327
File: 279 KB, 1252x804, Picture1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9995209
I took this in a sweet direction, but if you don't mind a more goth/punk/rokku flavour Algonquins and Super Lovers have done a number of leopard print dresses that would work better in a goth/rock style.

>> No.9999417

>>9999327
I love you! thats awesome! Where is that skirt from? with the baby leopards at the bottom?

>> No.10000486
File: 815 KB, 1025x669, samplecapsule.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey all, I wanted to share a concept capsule wardrobe I'm working on. The idea is brand items that can be worn to the office and then easily converted into a fully lolita outfit for the evening. It's inspired by some of Moitie's new items on wunderwelt fleur, which outright suggest wearing to your day job. It started out with the intent to convert into gothic but some things don't quite fit gothic strictly and reflect my personal style.
I know a lot of girls do something similar with classic. I'm a mostly sweet lolita and don't like classic, but I like gothic and have been wanting to start wearing moitie and other gothic items. My workplace doesn't have a strict dresscode, but it's somewhat conservative (full of old white guys). My outfits are always received well so I think I have a good idea of what works during the day. I want to be able to easily change my outfit at night without putting together a whole new one, just switching out/adding some elements.

The items on the left are ones that I feel can be worn for a toned down office look and right items are the ones to be swapped in later to make it lolita. The toned down office items would be worn mostly with black or other color solid tights, normie boots, no hair accessories, etc. Sometimes for the office the blouse could be a solid sweater with a jsk or skirt, or lolita blouse and cardigan with normie skirt, but I think any combo of these items is office appropriate. Let me know what you think and any suggestions!

>> No.10000660

Nameless Poem (even though I know most of /cgl/ hates it) is one of my all-time dream dresses and has me wanting to make a capsule wardrobe of mostly Christian/Catholic themed dresses. Does anyone have any suggestions or inspo?

>>10000486
Nice, anon! Are you a daily lolita, then? If you're wearing outfits to the office. What's the name of that velveteen skirt?

>> No.10000682

>>9999417
Shirley Temple

>> No.10000737

Requesting a pirate wardrobe with possibility of casual coords

>> No.10000743

>>10000486
I’m working on something similar atm, and I think you’re well on your way with this. Cardigans and sweaters are great for making coords appear more “casual” or office-appropriate, whereas head accessories and printed or lacy socks/tights quickly take a coord into a less normie more alt-fashion direction. I love the pieces you picked and would totally wear them to work, too.

>>10000660
Bottom left looks like VM’s Lace-Up Royal skirt and the one next to it is VM’s Velveteen Crown Trump skirt.

>> No.10000847

>>10000660
Thanks! I don't wear it daily, at one point I would wear it 2-3 days per week but not anymore.
As I've gotten a better salary I've had more to spend on higher quality work clothing and I wanted to incorporate more burando into my office attire. I probably wouldn't wear it daily but I think I could get back to wearing it more casually more often. As much as I want to wear it more often, creating a new outfit after work is a lot of mental energy and I think being able to transfer items from work to evening will help. I do that already, just not with Lolita, like I'll keep wearing the same tights and shirt but after work switch to an edgier skirt and shoes
Other anon identified the items correctly, I mostly just picked the first black skirts I liked. I have the crown skirt already.
>>10000743
I'd love to see some of your ideas if you don't mind posting. Thank you for the encouragement!

>> No.10001371
File: 903 KB, 3248x3264, 36946592_1722914154457911_6538051865127419904.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9994644

>> No.10001389

>>10001371
There are a bunch of crosses in this...

>> No.10001460

>>10001389
A bunch??
Anon...there is one...

>> No.10001465

>>10001460
Nayrt but the choker on the top left, necklace at the top right, socks on the bottom right, and the long sleeved OP all have crosses. Maybe the wristcuffs on the bottom left but I can't really tell. But it's still pretty easy to ignore/replace those items

>> No.10001820
File: 871 KB, 1875x2250, piousangel_capsule.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000660
I like Nameless Poem, too, anon.

Moitie has really great pieces with Christian imagery of course; Atelier Boz and several other brands (in fact, most of them...) have several nun-inspired pieces as well.

Even AP has lots of religious-themed dresses (pic-related). Assuming you're wanting more gothic pieces because of Nameless Poem, though.

>> No.10001908

>>10001820
Pastel catholic, I love it.

>> No.10001909

>>10000660
Miho Matsuda has a new nun release

>> No.10001928
File: 87 KB, 500x600, Derpy feels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10001820
I had no idea AP had so many pieces with cross motifs. Saving for inspo, thank you!

>that filename
My heart

>> No.10002656
File: 608 KB, 940x940, classic country.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998621
Capsule complete! I have some thoughts about it (what were good choices and what weren't) but I'm tired so I'll share those tomorrow.

>> No.10002704
File: 668 KB, 1165x1000, Antichristian capsule.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.10002747

>>10002704
>>10001371

Anon that made the request here. Thank you guys!

>> No.10002748

>>10002747
I wasn't sure if this is what you meant, as i threw in some rather satanic/antichristian things in there because that's what i'm into myself.
Glad you like it.

>> No.10003298

>>10002656
So yeah, a few notes and issues in case you actually use this capsule as a guide. First of all, some of the pinks (in particular, but also the wines) don’t really match – make sure you get things that do match in real life! I also had trouble finding a yellow piece that would work, everything I could think of was too sweet.

On the items themselves, the short sleeved pink cutsew would probably have best been a wine or a brown short sleeve blouse or cutsew instead (since we have the pink short sleeve bolero as well). Another brown outerwear option, probably a cardigan, would have been very useful. A couple of further options in both legwear and headwear would be good to have as well. Also, the bags I chose weren’t sufficiently neutral (should have subbed the floral one for an ivory one) and I’d underestimated the amount of pink in this wardrobe – a pair of dusty pink shoes would have been really helpful.

In terms of the whole “statement pieces” thing, there are effectively four things. One is the green floral JSK – it adds a new colour while still matching with each of the other colours in the wardrobe (ivory/brown/wine/pink). The other is the plaid skirt/jacket combo. The jacket isn’t the most versatile thing on its own, but worn together those pieces are very bold. Another is the bonnet as it ups the OTT factor when used, but it’s not really an everyday piece. The last statement piece is the matching headband and tights for the Anette JSK. When worn with the main piece you have practically a full set, and though you can use them with other main pieces they are less versatile than other headwear and legwear options.

I mean, it’s not a bad capsule and you can definitely get 5-6 pretty different outfits for each main piece, but just wanted to make those points in case you actually used this as a basis for your lolita wardrobe.

>> No.10003346

>>9998670
what substyle are you wanting, anon? i'd really like to make this

>> No.10003447

can someone make a military lolita capsule? i-i'd really appreciate it

>> No.10003457
File: 203 KB, 964x709, Cat dresses.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998136
My wardrobe has sort-of organically organised itself into vague capsules just based on the things that I like and tend to buy.
Generally for accessories/jewellery I have found it easiest to have both neutral and specific sets for each theme or colour. This is a representative sample of how I accessorize the cat dresses in my wardrobe (total main item count is 35 dresses/5 skirts) and although it looks like there are a couple of items there that only match one dress, they all match at least one other item in my wardrobe.

>> No.10004191

>>10003447
any preference for colorways/substyle, anon?

>> No.10004196

>>10004191
black, navy, sweet

>> No.10004261

>>10004196
okay, looking at stuff...do you prefer solids or prints or don't care?

>> No.10004375
File: 1.16 MB, 1875x2700, sergeantsweet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10003447
>>10004196
just pretend that all the reds match, that you only ever want to wear hats, and that i didn't go overboard by including both navy and black colorways along with red/wine/white ones too instead of just settling on navy or black

>> No.10004464

>>10003346
I'll happily wear any substyle to feed my love of tartan.

>> No.10005768

>>10002656
>>10003298
GOD BLESS YOU ANON!
This is my birthday month, too, and I have a good place to start a nice capsule lolita wardrobe.

I will keep a look out for the substitutions you listed in the notes. Dusky pink shoes I don't see often, but I'll look through lolibrary and see if I can find some. Thanks so much for including such a thorough run down of combinations.

>> No.10006555

>>10005768
You are very welcome, I hope you enjoy building your lolita wardrobe!

>> No.10006814

>>9998626
Do you have sauce on those green oxford heels? They’re so cute!

>> No.10007316

>>10006814
They are from Forever21. I saw some similar ones from Chelsea Crew though.

>> No.10014817

>>10000486
I like these

>> No.10018753

Non-print classic capsule? I would prefer OPs and darker cold colours ^3^~

>> No.10027497

>>10004464
I've been attempting this for a few days and trying to get matching tartans for a capsule is actually proving quite difficult...if you're still around, anon, do you want something you can potentially buy or is a full on "imagine these are available" wardrobe ok?

>> No.10027600

>>9997186
>What are some good statement pieces I should look out for when starting a wardrobe besides caplets and shrugs?
ntayrt but statement necklaces (I usually wear smaller necklaces with lolita but a big, fancy necklace can really add interest to a plain bodice), interesting printed legwear, bonnets, fancy gloves

>> No.10033232

Since polyvore is dead, what do people use to make these?

>> No.10033240

Give me something as Ita as possible. I want to watch the world burn.

>> No.10033247

Can I request a larme capsule? I have been quickly transitioning my wardrobe but inspiration is always wanted.
Black, pink, and white/black plaid please.

>> No.10033255

>>10000486
I really like this; I feel like after I got my dream dress (aatp's Sweet Devil), i only like main pieces rather than reaaaaally love them. I've been downsizing my wardrobe like crazy but I def don't wanna touch my Lolita wardrobe. This is a great springboard. Thank you!

>> No.10033318

>>10003457
This is really cute but I don't see a whole lot of crossover between each of the dresses/styles... Maybe two to show the blousewear?

>> No.10033325
File: 172 KB, 640x912, 1510158754442[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A berry coord from an older thread.

Let me know if you'd rather not see older content. I'll be working on some new ones as well!

>> No.10033335
File: 375 KB, 1156x706, starterpack.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10033240

>> No.10033337

>>10033335
Best

>> No.10033363

>>10033335
this is wonderful anon thank you

im gonna be sick

>> No.10033364

>>10033335
I was not expecting anyone to take my request seriously... You have my internets.

>> No.10033399

>>10033247
Just to check, what kind of larme are you looking at? I'm assuming love phermone/fetish based off your colorways

>> No.10033621

I always flip flop between capsule wardrobes and just having a wardrobe that has dresses from every style. This thread makes me regret not sticking with one style

>> No.10033688
File: 479 KB, 1846x1060, larme.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10033247
There's plaid details on the jacket but it doesn't show up here

>> No.10033692

>>10033688
nayrt and i know you tried but this doesn't look very good

>> No.10033765

>>10033692
Different anon, I wouldn’t mind having a go at this Larme capsule once I get home today. We’ll see if it turns out better or worse.

>> No.10033776

Requesting a nanchatte capsule please!

>> No.10033792

>>10033325
I love this, would wear and be berry berry cute everyday. I look forward to seeing the other capsules you make!

>> No.10033793

>>10002704
Where is that choker from!?

>> No.10033841

>>10002656
Goddamnit anon, I've been eyeing up that plaid skirt set and seeing how nice the jacket looks alone with other classic coords make me want to buy it even more.

>>10005768
>>10003298
>First of all, some of the pinks (in particular, but also the wines) don’t really match
Wanted to jump in here in case anon really does end up using it. I actually own the BtSSB Antique Ribbon shoes in wine, AP logo socks in wine, Annette tights and a 2018 IW burgundy bonnet I'm guessing has the same base fabric as the one pictured. All of the reds match except for the colour of the strawberries on the tights, which are obviously lighter. The shoes and OTKs are pretty much the same colour (socks only a tiny bit lighter), and while the bonnet is a bit darker it's not noticeable when worn since the shadow your skirt casts on your legwear makes them look like they match.

>> No.10034208

>>10033325
This is so cute! (speaking as someone with a black/red/white berry sub-section to her wardrobe)

>>10033621
Don't regret it! If you love it, wear it, and if "it" is a whole bunch of different things then so be it.

>>10033841
Buy! Buy! Buy! If I'd fit it, I would, I love both the skirt and the jacket and together they are sublime. Thanks for the input on the wines as well, glad to know I wasn't off for at least some of them.

>> No.10034445

>>10027497
If you're struggling a full on dream wardrobe is okay. I could always hunt for similar items. Thanks so much for doing this!

>> No.10034822
File: 141 KB, 400x419, 1496975004082.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There are so many dresses, it's hard to focus on where to start. I see why so many lolitas have huge wardrobes now.

>> No.10035855
File: 64 KB, 720x720, D224B63C-8919-4AB8-94BD-9CAE84EB7A83.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Requesting a rabbit themed capsule wardrobe pls.

>> No.10035860

>>10034822
The easiest way is to simply start. Pick out a main piece that you like and build a coord around it, then next time you buy a main piece, try to find one that appeals to you and works with the pieces you have. It takes a while if you're on a budget and does require you to rein yourself in and not throw money at anything that catches your eye, but if your goal is to build a functional wardrobe, this is the best way to do it, at least in my view.

>> No.10035943

>>10033335
Its missing a normie office blouse
>>10035855
Seconded! I only know the rabbit jsk from diamond honey

>> No.10035944

>>10035855
needs herobology, and lots of IW bunnies

>> No.10036056

>>10035855
do you want more classic style or sugary sweet or something in between?

>> No.10036374

>>10033399
Maybe less fuzzy and chiffon. Love the plaid and bow details though. I'm in a creative field but still need to look presentable for corporates. Maybe avoid anything that looks like a nightgown lol

>> No.10036458

Would anyone have any inspiration for a 1920s/30s style wardrobe with a sort of 30s girl detective/journalist look? I'm really warming to greens, blues, jewel tones etc with a feminine but practical look!

>> No.10037397

>>10036458
How is this jfashion related?

>> No.10037460

>>10037397
I'm assuming they mean classic lolita with 20s/30s-inspired details.

>> No.10038059

>>10037460
Yes, sorry, I completely dropped that part! Classic Lolita!

>> No.10038121
File: 1.21 MB, 1875x3000, ap_tartan_blackxpink.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998670
Don't know if you're still there, anon, but I made a blackxpink tartan AP wardrobe

>> No.10038129

>>10036056
Nayrt but I am obsessed with bunnies and even own bunnies and I would love to see a mature/classic Lolita bunny themed/inspired wardrobe

>> No.10038267

>>10036056
Something in between please!

>> No.10038272

>>10038129
I have bunnies too! How many do you have anon?

>> No.10039169

Requesting some brown and blue inspo (pref classic/otome/gothic, no sweet).
I've seen some lovely navy/brown normie outfits but I'm hitting a roadblock trying to balance it in a lolita wardrobe.

>> No.10042513

>>10039169
can you provide an example of a navyxbrown coord you like, anon?

>> No.10047884
File: 217 KB, 736x1050, 911eca01-e01b-53dd-8418-c046969dd26e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Requesting a wardrobe that is anons' interpretations of the "essence" of old school lolita. This can include famous old school pieces (i.e. Baby's Elizabeth OP, Meta's Velveteen Triple Frill OP) or other pieces that you feel are definitive of the style, like OPs or blouses with detachable sleeves, solid JSKs with torchon lace, etc.

Would really like to see different anons' interpretations of this.