[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 940 KB, 500x287, tumblr_mmlp01bjxB1qzdpr4o1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9988258 No.9988258[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

how to make cosplay friends? i am pretty much completely unhappy with my current life....
i dont know what to say...

>> No.9988310

>>9988258

Are you fat? No honestly, are you? Normies don't like to make friends with sad fat people. It's just a society thing.

But if you're NOT fat, and just anti-social, that's ok! Just start out small and get into a discord with of a fandom you like, it kinda snowballs from there.

>> No.9988315

>>9988258
Go to a con and wear a good cosplay from a popular series that you like. Use it as a talking point to start conversations with people. Then invite them to do something with you, go get food, go to a panel, etc. Don't be hurt if they say no.

>> No.9988321

>>9988315
i need to try doing this...

>> No.9988322
File: 496 KB, 244x226, 1536463118857.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9988310
im a tall, in shape, attractive male. but being social at cons is like, impossible...
i justfeel useless

>> No.9988329

>>9988322

Oh and you're a dude. That makes things a little harder, but not impossable. Trust me, it's not you, not really. It's the fact that guys with no friends who start talking to other people suddenly will automatically trigger "I wonder if this guy will murder me/rape me" in their heads.

How old are you? That plays a factor too.

>> No.9988353

>>9988329
i'm 26 but im often told i look 21. It's hard to really put on a friendly face when im surrounded by people at cons, but deep down the feeling i get at cons- that im surrounded by real life friends into the same stuff as me really makes me happy by itself.

>> No.9988532

>>9988258

i mean do you cosplay? if you do it with a popular enough series its pretty easy to get conversations going online and rl

>> No.9988535

>>9988258
Just reach out to people whose cosplays you like either online or at cons. Compliment their cosplay in a platonic way so as to not come off like youre hitting on them or being gross in some way. Tell them youre a fan of x character or x show and see if that strikes up a conversation.

You can ask things like "Man I love that character, did you see x episode? It was crazy how x happened!"

Most cosplayers are big fans of whatever they've built/are dressing as so building your ice breaker around the show will help.

If its online keep it simple and ask like, whats your favorite part of cosplaying? or what made you want to cosplay this character?

The only thing you can do WRONG is to come off as if youre hitting on them or to approach them to strongly. It will make cosplayers feel stand offish towards you when you want to be friendly.

You can always be honest as well and just say, hey I love your cosplay of x. I'm looking to make some more cosplay friends as its a hobby I really love and would like to talk to you more about it if thats cool?

You just have to put yourself out there. I met one of my best friends simply because she was just standing near me alone and I asked if she wanted to explore the con with me.

>> No.9988660

>>9988258
I feel this so hard anon.

I used to have cosplay friends when I was younger, (like middle school and early hs) Then I transferred lost all my friends.

Now I'm in college, alone, and unable to make friends with the same interests as me.

I go to cons, but always end up alone.

It's so difficult to make friends at cons, everyone seems to have their friends already sorted out.

>> No.9988661

>>9988258
where do you people keep coming from?
I swear there's a new one of these mopey threads every week.

>> No.9988664

>>9988661
Anon, this is an online board for cosplay.
IF WE HAD FRIENDS WE'D BE TALKING TO THEM INSTEAD.

>> No.9988674

>>9988664
Anon, if you've been around as long as >>9988661 and I, you'd roll your eyes too. There's a feels thread for a reason.