[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

View post   

File: 40 KB, 640x476, 1531673461807.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9965226 No.9965226 [Reply] [Original]

Previous thread >>9951659
>Prop-Anon's Yamato experience
>CastleFest hype and post Castlefest talk
>Anon asking for opinions on hosting a boudoir event
>A discussion on Amsterdam Comic Con, the tricks they've pulled in the past and if it's worth visiting
>Anon (likely) baiting by asking for some popular cosplays to do
>The MGC Experience got caught using pictures from elsewhere to promote their con without giving any credit to the original photographer
>Tomo and why their events are not meant for us Gulls
>Something about Heroesdome and Dutch Comic Con having beef with eachother.

The five next major events:
>TomoParty (August 18th, Ewijk GL): Deshima Sounds at a beach, except instead of Deshima you now get TomoBeatz.
>Abunai! (August 24th - 26th, Veldhoven NB): the anime convention with all the dank memes and sick burns.
>Viencon (August 31st - September 3rd, Limburgse Peel LB): a weekend at Center Parcs with a portion of the park being weeb-only and a few events thrown in.
>Amsterdam Comic Con (September 1st & 2nd, Amsterdam NH): a comic con where hopefully half the guests wont cancel again last minute.
>Elfia Arcen (September 22nd & 23rd, Arcen LB): a Fantasy Fair near the Hertog Jan brewery.
Full list: https://dutchgulls.nl/en/agenda/

Links and advice:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST SITE-WIDE RULES AND WILL BE DELETED!
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ often only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and move on.
>It's better to embrace change and look towards the future rather than clinging onto the past.
>Our site with a store list, newcomers guide and more: https://dutchgulls.nl/
>Our Discord: https://discord.gg/QAYNyfY

>> No.9965233

gdi stop getting the thread deleted you nurks

>Anyone heard about the Heroesdome and gelredome/evoluon/brabanthallrn drama and the lawsuit with DCC?

more please

>> No.9965239

How did everyone enjoy Castlefest?

I really enjoyed the music, the food and the laid back attitude of the event. Having free water taps everywhere helped make the heat bearable and seeing they even added water bowls for people's dogs made me happy.

>> No.9965342 [DELETED] 

I'm looking for a qt cgl cosplay girlfriend
Add me on discord Shadow#3658

>> No.9965382

>>9965233
>gdi stop getting the thread deleted you nurks
What happened? Last time I checked things still looked fine.

>> No.9965422 [DELETED] 

>>9965382
Namecalling some acc judge, personal information is a no on this board

>> No.9965597

>>9965382
It got deleted again, not sure why

>> No.9965614

>>9965239
Castlefest was amazing, I do regret it a bit for not going the whole weekend but oh well that one day was still a lot of fun.

>> No.9965618

>>9965382
>>9965597
It got deleted (and some people where even banned) for posting too much about one person which.. for me is kinda weird.

Because it's 4chan, I mean there is a whole tread about nigri? Why isn't that one getting deleted hmm?

>> No.9965634

>>9965618
Maybe because people dropped her real name? Just a wild guess, though.

>> No.9965695

>>9965634
Did we? We mostly used a funny version of it..

>> No.9965777

>>9965695
Just let it rest and move on to better things to talk about, like the upcoming conventions or your cosplay plans.

>> No.9966027

My cosplay plan is waiting till november for the AliExpress sales. I'm fed up with my job atm which takes up so much of my time.

>> No.9966034

>>9966027
Same, tho I finally have a full time job, so that's nice.

>I CAN FINALLY MAKE MORE MONEY MOEHAHAHA

>> No.9966429

>>9965777
I'm still in the planning stage for DCC. Scaling and adjusting digital patterns, ordering materials and what not. At least this time around I'll have a long enough time frame to actually finish things on time without rushing.

>>9966027
Don't forget to check your item's pricing history. In October most stores will slowly raise their prices only to magically drop it back to the original price for the 11.11 sale. Honestly, the only thing that makes the 11.11 sale worth it are the coupons if you play their in-app games.

>> No.9966517

>>9966429
Yeah I come prepared, saved up 4600 coins and have when the mini games start I make sure to get enough coupons. Nothing less than a triple discount on an item. I can't remember how to certain work related stuff but I do remember prices of items in my shopping cart...

>> No.9967355

>>9965614
Welk, you'll always have next year right? Personally I think I'll just stick to visiting for one day tho. As much as I enjoyed myself I don't think I'd enjoy for 4 days straight.

>> No.9967397

>Something about Heroesdome and Dutch Comic Con having beef with eachother.

I missed this. Anybody have a recap?

>> No.9968573

>>9967397
Mimimi, mimimi and mimimi.

>> No.9968576

Does anyone still remember the name of the dA account of Chris Klinkers? I forgot what it was but I remember it as quite funny.

>> No.9968594

>>9967397
>Anyone heard about the Heroesdome and gelredome/evoluon/brabanthallrn drama and the lawsuit with DCC?
That's all, the thread got deleted before any details could be shared. The issue between Heroesdome and the Gelderdome made thr local news back when that happened, complete with statements from both sides. Basically Heroesdome claimed the Gelderdome "broke multiple promises" so they left for the Brabanthallen in Den Bosch, and in response the Gelderdome sued Heroesdome for contract breach: https://www.gelderlander.nl/arnhem/heldenfestival-heroesdome-ontvlucht-gelredome-in-arnhem-na-ruzie~ab93802d/

As for Anon's question about them having a lawsuit with DCC, I've got no source to confirm it. But if it is true, it would likely be due to the name Heroescon being too similar to the Heroes Comic Con branding.

On a related matter, am I the only one getting EpiCon vibes from HeroesDome? Not only will they use the same venue but they also posted their con will now be even bigger than before. I'm somewhat tempted to go and watch this potential trainwreck as it happens.

>> No.9968600

>>9968594
Wasn't heroesdome already a thing a while back or am i mixing up things

>> No.9968601

>>9968594
Then more like has it been hosted before, the name sounds familar

>> No.9968612

>>9967397
>>9968594
>>9968600
>>9968601
Just to expand on >>9968594, the HeroesDome website confirms both the Gelderdome issue as well as a lawsuit threat between them and DCC. The name was indeed too close to Heroes Comic Con which had been a thing in Europe for a while now. Rather than dropping the Heroes part from their name they dropped the event entirely and are now working with a third party to realise Fandom Weekend in Eindhoven. It's quite the nice read really and the amount of salt on that page is incredible even by /cgl/ standards: http://heroesdome.com/over-ons/

tl;dr of it all:
>HeroesDome broke their contract with the Gelderdome and got sued
>HeroesDome then got lawyered by Heroes/DCC for using the Heroes name
>HeroesDome committed sudoku
>The old team is now working with a third party to realise Fandom Weekend Eindhoven on October 13th and 14th

>> No.9968613

>>9968600
>>9968601
You're probably mixing things up with the many Heroes Comic Con editions throughout Europe. HeroesDome as an organisation became a thing in 2017 and their first edition was planned for 2018.

>> No.9968616

>>9968613
Clears things up ty!

>> No.9968971
File: 3.90 MB, 4961x3508, abunai_2018.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The Abunai schedule is up! Are there any events you're looking forward to or do you have other plans to fill up your stay with?

>> No.9969027

>>9968971
First timer, anything recommend from the program? Are the competitions worth it? Only saw the animecon ones so far

>> No.9969062

>>9968971
Looking at the electronics workshops, the cosplay compos, AMV compo, and I see that the sound recording workshop is back. Sucky slot, though, but at least it's not during the cosplay cmpos, or on Sunday morning, like a few years ago.
All in all, it looks like a decent program.

>> No.9969153
File: 14 KB, 701x168, tour.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9969027
The competitions at Abunai tend to be a bit hit or miss in terms of contestants. Luckily there's nothing preventing you from leaving if it turns out to be a miss, although it is appreciated to do so in between acts.

As for what events to visit, it all depends on what you're into. Personally I always go over the schedule and mark down anything that seems interesting and take things from there. In between those events I'll just socialize, grab a quick bite, play some games or hit the dealer room. Do make sure to check out what lectures and workshops are offered this year. They are mostly free or relatively cheap and can really help you out with future projects and picking up new skills.

Also this isn't on the schedule, but on Friday after opening and on Saturday morning Abunai will be offering tours hosted by con veterans aimed at newcomers. The tours start at the info desk and I'm sure the hosts can point you towards some events that interest you.

>> No.9969297

>>9968576
You know what was funny? the applepie guy.

>> No.9969566

>>9969153
Speaking of the Abunai competitions, the judges this year really suck. Got the feeling they did the same like ACC and just grabbed whoever was attentionhungry enough to do it.

>> No.9969641 [DELETED] 

>>9969566
Who is judging this year? I can't seem to find it on their site or fb

>> No.9969680

>>9969566
Who are the juries? I completely missed it.

>> No.9969748

With abunai coming up i'm trying to put together a costume emergency kit,but all i found were kits with food &meds/or too large to carry around in a small bag. Where do you carry the things in & what do you take with you next to safety pins,bandaids ect? Thinking about bringing glue or something too

>> No.9969765
File: 261 KB, 1000x1000, schoolcase-tabor-ftr-2_1_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9969748
Why not go with a soft pencil case (etui) and fill it up yourself? Pretty much every store has a back to school sale going on right now so it shouldn't be too hard to find one that fits your needs. Just fill it up with tubes of glue, thread and needles, some scissors or a small knife, bandaids, Abunaai condoms, lens box and fluid and what not. If you went with a brand paint for your props or armour you can often buy paint markers in the exact same colour for quick touchups in case things get scratched. Otherwise you can add some into small bottles and apply it with a q-tip. Action sells most of these things for cheap by the way in case you don't want to spend too much on any of this.

Also keep in mind Abunai, like most conventions, has a cosplay repair point so if something breaks you can use their stuff. They won't have everything you might need, but most of the times it's enough to keep things fixed until the con ends. Just make sure to leave a small donation afterwards to help them restock whatever you used.

>> No.9969773

>>9969765
That's a good idea about the pencilcase! Didn't know that there was a repairpoint either. Will write stuff down & add it on my list

>> No.9970062

>>9969773
No problem Anon, it helps to be self-sufficient anyway. For all you know you'll end up with a wardrobe malfunction on your way to and from the con or find yourself looking at a closed repair point during the night. Just to go into things a little bit deeper and add a few things...

While you can easily assemble your own sewing kit, cheap pre-made kits can be found at the Action, Xenos and HEMA. They'll contain all the basics in a small box to keep things contained. As for glues, I would "stick" to some cyanoacrylate (secondelijm) and maybe some contact glue for larger repairs. Action sells both Bison and Tesa brands for dirt cheap by the way. Bringing paint with you is likely going to be overkill, but if eases your mind just bring some. Some spare wig/hair clips, elastic bands and such can also be a huge life saver.

Aside from all the crafting stuff it would be wise to keep some health items on you as well. Think band-aids, painkillers, medication (if any), "personal hygiene" and deodorant. If you wear contact lenses make sure to bring a lens box pre-filled with fresh fluid (and your glasses) in case things start to irritate. I would also suggest bringing a (travel) bottle of sun screen with you. The Koningshof has a lot of nice outdoor spots and getting sunburned is no fun. Just make sure your sunscreen won't discolour your clothes, especially when wearing white.

I think that covers most of it, although I'm sure some other anon can think of a few more things to add.

>> No.9970242

I may be a weirdo but nail clippers are a must have to me on a convention because if they rip a little I end up tearing it off to the flesh and bleeding. Blister bandages are amazing, they work as pimple patches as well.

>> No.9970601

weird thing about current abunai is that they don't want to spend anything on the gameroom even though the theme is "tales of kitsuna" hinting at the "tales of x" videogame series...

missed opportunity IMHO.

>> No.9970607

>>9970601
Not a single convention is actually doing anything regarding their theme, save for a few specific events and some decoration.

>> No.9970613

>>9970607
>Not a single convention is actually doing anything regarding their theme, save for a few specific events and some decoration.
That's not true anon. Animecon's new theme is
"Animecon Goes South" which is exactly what will happen to Animecon is they fuck up at the new venue. How's that for theme dedication!

>> No.9970618

>>9970613
Every other organisation would probably screw up, but I am not so sure about Animecon, if you can handle World Forum, why not Ahoy who are much more suited for this type festivals events like Animecon.

>> No.9970639

>>9970618
Maybe I should had added the /s to be clear I wasn't being serious. Honestly, I have no doubt Animecon can pull off Ahoy without losing that what makes Dutch cons so special. If anything I'm looking forward to a seeing a new location with all new possibilities after all these years at the World Forum.

>> No.9970728

>>9970639
I'm looking forward to the extra room for expansion of the dealerroom, foodstands and more room for cosplayers!

>> No.9971128

>>9970728
I'm looking forward to new photo opportunities, a different atmosphere and just taking things to the next level to be honest.

>> No.9971482
File: 601 KB, 439x770, screencap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Linny a guest? At Abunai? Seriously? What's up with all these cons and their shitty guests suddenly?

>> No.9971489

>>9971482
Isnt she the one who used the same outfit for contests each time?

>> No.9971511

>>9971482
She's not just a guest, but also a cosplay judge. Now she has proven herself to be more than capable of making good costumes, I'll give her that. It just feels a bit weird for someone who doesn't care about fair play and lacks any form of common courtesy will be judging the competitions. Let's hope she'll at least judge based on the actual costumes rather than the people inside them.

>>9971489
Yes, followed by going on the record she now understands sandbagging is wrong, only to do it again and then admitting she doesn't care about it at all.

>> No.9971519

>>9971511
Good example for being a judge then...

>> No.9971642

Well, curious now, which dutch cosplayer/creator would you like to see as competition judge?

>> No.9971646

>>9971642
Some bloke in a Tully mascot suit who judges based on what the gulls say.

>> No.9971647

>>9971642
Paraluna, Syrupcookie, MMMC members are all honest and skilled cosplayers with judging experience

>> No.9971651

>>9971647
I agree full on

>> No.9971698

>>9971647
All of them except Syrup.

>> No.9971715 [DELETED] 

>>9971646

At least Gulls will call you out on any bullshit teehee~

>> No.9971731

>>9971698
why?

>> No.9971736

What about Ilunaneko as a judge? She won prelims wcs right?

>> No.9971745

>>9971736
keep forgetting bout her. She and Toki are good too!

>> No.9972172

>>9971642
Anyone that won the WCS prelims would be good I think.

>> No.9972343

>>9971745
Loved their wcs finals costumes too

>> No.9972398

Serious question, do you guys think someone should have won competitions before they could be worthy of being invited as guests+judges?
Most previous acon/abunai judges fall in that category but I'm not sure if Wirru or Reika have ever done compo's? They're on a whole different level though.

>> No.9972401

>>9972398
idk about reika but wirru for sure has, even one this year

>> No.9972467

>>9972398
Reika is not a competition cosplayer but got famous through their WorldCosplay ranking. That said, cosplay is different on that part of the globe and competitions don't mean much there. Does that make them a good judge for crafting competitions? Doubtful, but people are mostly happy to see them, so they'll keep invitng them anyway.

>> No.9972526

>>9971642
Any group that is a complete package, like one thats good at sewing, another one that is good with armor, somebody that is good at preforming and the 4th a wig 'pro' or experienced prop maker. I don't care about how famous a judge is or good looking.

>> No.9972898

Did anything juicy happen at Tomoparty yesterday?

>> No.9972943

>>9972526
This. You need to have a group that cover all bases so you can have a more balanced view and not have armour win all the time just because it looks more impressive.

>> No.9972956

>>9972898
A 17-old got drunk & couldnt stand on his feet anymore but other than that havent heard any

>> No.9973096

>>9969748
Get an EDC hard box.

>> No.9973180

>>9972398
Reika is a horrible judge, she doesn't speak english (or refuses to), stays in her seat and just doesn't really add anything except attract fangirls.

Wirru on the other end qualified for WCS for the second time and makes tutorials, does livestreams and spearheads community initiatives. If I had to pick one to choose as a returning judge I'd know who lol

>> No.9973193

>>9973180
Is Reika that bad then actually? Havent seen her judge a contest before

>> No.9973202

>>9973193
Just ask anyone who -has- been judged by her at Animecon, don't take it from some anon like me

>> No.9973404

>>9973180
Wirru is cool but I unfollowed him a while ago. He's in that group of never-ending-relentless-buy-my-books-patreon-pls makers

>> No.9973678

>>9965226
>Amsterdam Comic Con (September 1st & 2nd, Amsterdam NH): a comic con where hopefully half the guests wont cancel again last minute.

this is part of their policy.
They ask an artist if they can use his/her name only to have it canceled at the last moment just to draw in extra guests.

>> No.9973727

>>9973180
As someone who had been personally judged by her, i have to disagree. Her english isn’t good but has a translator. She always got out of ber seat even before other judges did and always is polite.

Even though she has never competed she has the skill set to make and judge cosplays

>> No.9973760

>>9973727
Agree. She at least came up to me to inspect the costume, cant say that of all the judges at animecon....

Having done a competition like ECG or WCS also doesnt automaticly make u a good Judge. If you have no idea how/what questions to ask, how to talk with a person about their costume or what exact details to look for during pre judging i could care less if you have been to WCS etc.

>> No.9973762

>>9973760
The amount of awkward comic con judges is real. They just stand there and look at you from a meter away. Like really?

I liked MMMC, Paraluna and Ilunaneko as a Judge personally. Dont know about Syrupcookie, i like her skillset but i have never been judged by her

>> No.9973812

>>9971642

Just like everyone said here. Just fix people who actually win compos/prelims where you actually need to make your own cosplay.

To be fair. Abunai, Tomo etc sometimes have judges with qualification who dont match the type of event they judge for or they ask just any dutch person with a sewing machine "You wanna judge?". It is a kind gesture but it just makes the event itself less professional and just feel like they pulled 4 judges from the visitors walking along the hallways.

>> No.9973819

>>9973812
Yeah even Pierre (Kom je ook naar...) was a judge at Tomo once, he himself said it was because none of the actual judges wanted to come to that tomofair. Guy doesnt make his own cosplay but he made a post explaining everything. Most people were positive and he was judging with illunaneko and someone else. It seemed to go well. It might be Tomo and Abunai dont attract real judges much and they prob dont have good contacts to fix good judges either. Animecon is the only pro, and since Hakans new team fixes DCC they have good judges too. Program might need some tweaking though.

>> No.9973822

>>9973180
Horrible? She does converse with the other judges, just probably not always with the cosplayers in question. Which agreed, is not such a good thing. But horrible?

>> No.9973931

>>9973819
Last DCC was okay judging wise, but the other years were a joke

>> No.9974026

>>9969680
2 of them only known in some circles, but they did win at DCC. Not sure about one. So Cosplay Gene - actually a really good cosplayer but not well known and not a veteran winner. Stellar Cosplay - who honestly isnt that good at cosplay making. And someone named Tinylock cosplay - who is that? Aside from Gene those others arent supposed to be judges imo. More? not sure anyone else know more judges or at least know that Tinylock?

>> No.9974039

>>9973931
Last time was hype creations (Some changes after Team Chaos broke up). Still wasnt perfect, but it went better than before.

>> No.9974044

>>9974026
Tinylock is mostly known for SFX make-up and facepainting effects. He's decent imo.

>> No.9974048 [DELETED] 

>>9974044

And he makes his own cosplays
/doesn't sandbag

>> No.9974049

>>9974026
TinyLock is mostly known by his makeup indeed.

So you have a pretty talented Eugene guy who makes all his cosplays as far as I know. TinyLock who does a lot of cool shit with makeup, and two thots whom I don't really know

>> No.9974054

>>9974026
As far as I know that TinyLock guy has more followers than the other guys kek

>> No.9974059

>>9974026
Gene is good, just doesnt do much community, Stellar is mediocre, so is Tinylock. But I guess you don't have many to choose if you dont reach out and some people cancel or dont accept. Even more so if you don't care as much at all

>> No.9974063

>>9971642
Propanon

>> No.9974069

>>9974063
propanon doesnt live in NL

>> No.9974071

>>9974054
Followers sigh... I never judged someone on followers. Kimu has so much likes on FB and uses photoshop and bought coaplay to be populair. Havent seen anything great from Tinylock desu. I will check. Hope im not dissapointed..

>> No.9974072

>>9974059
They only wanted Dutch judges as because they didn't had the budget for European or USA /worldwide w/e judges.

Which I can understand.

>> No.9974074

>>9974069
Nor do the Animecon judges. But I guess other cons have no budget to fly in other judges.

>> No.9974078

>>9974074
You are aware we are talking about ACC right??? There will be no competitors of high quality to begin with. Why get good judges.

>> No.9974079 [DELETED] 

>>9974044
>>9974026

>Tinylock
>A guy

Ummm, yeah.. Lets be honest here, the only reason why """he""" is good with make up is because its a she..

For a GUY she does a great job, however this is not as spectecular when expected from a female.

All in all, i think the juries are okayish at best. Abunai is not known for its great contests i guess. Cant always have everything.

>> No.9974080

>>9974072
Comicon europe (german comicon groups) has the most basic empty hall comicons and bullshit strategies. Its sad why people go to ACC and RCC. Those cons are busy and boring. Well at least they have their "friends".... Yeah lets go to tomo to just meet friends.. ACC RCC Tomo. We shouldnt actually spend our money at these cons(artists). Im not going at least.

>> No.9974083

>>9974079
Transphobes still exist in this community? goddamn. get a life.

>> No.9974084

>>9974072
There's way better dutch people to invite for judge though

>> No.9974085 [DELETED] 

>>9974079

??

Tinylock is a dude.

I'm not even as good with make-up as he is and I'm a girl.
His make up is good because he is talented.

>> No.9974089
File: 16 KB, 600x600, e9d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

@9974079 (No you for you)
>Hurrr make-up skills are determined biologically

>> No.9974091

>>9974083
>>9974085

Tinylock is born a woman, it's not transphobic to point that out.

>> No.9974093

>>9974079
Even when it's probably a transgender. Born female transitioned to male, it's still respectful to use he/him pronounce.

Therefore, not all females know how to do makeup. And there are some pretty famous dudes who do makeup take; James Charles, jeffree star, for instance.
It's a form of art not specified by gender..

>> No.9974096

>>9974083
That had more to do with prejudice if you ask me (girls are better at make up?). Looks like a girl to me as well (sorry?). So it is a guy then? Or wants to be called one? Fine by me. Just dont call me a phobe either please

>> No.9974097

>>9974096
You are a transphobe tho

>> No.9974102

>>9974096
It's not even "make-up" tho.. it's more SFX makeup and bodypaint what he does.. it isn't even glamour makeup or so.. so for you to call it him a girl just because he likes to put some paint on his face just because a lot of girls do it is transphobic

>> No.9974103

>>9974097

nayrt but can you stop trying to stir shit up in the thread?

>> No.9974105

>>9974097
Lol fine. Im a transphobe now. I finally know where I belong Yay!!

>> No.9974111

>>9974102
Phobe means to fear. What ur saying is wrong. Gender is not Sex. And you are also mixing people posting here up. I said it looked like a girl. doh

>> No.9974112

>>9974096
Meet him, listen to his voice, his body language. The guy's a dude. NOW THIS. IS A MAN.

Ok sorry ill point myself to the door.

>> No.9974114

>>9974112
I think most of us will agree to calling Tinylock a guy ok. Just that we thought it a girl doesnt make us assholes suddenly. This is how you lose supporters instead of just explaining us. Yeah someone here said ita respect to call him what he was born like. Well that wasnt right either. We dont know until someone tells us.

>> No.9974115

>>9974112
Deep voice, likes boobs and ass. Has facial hair. Has penis
Just likes makeup

>OH IT MUST BE A GIRL.

>> No.9974116

>>9974071
Kimu bought her followers, so she’s a very bad example. However, I must agree though, amount of followers isn’t always equal to the quality of a cosplayer.

>> No.9974117

>>9974114
It's a ftm dude.
His pronounce are he/him/they I guess.
I thought this was already mentioned but there you go.

>> No.9974119

So anyone looking forward to Viencon? that's coming up soon isn't it? Do they have competitions?

>> No.9974121

>>9974117
Yeah thanks, its cool, I guessed that from the reactions. Please realise you can still see something else somehow. And some girls who cross dress look like that too. So these mistakes happen. The one calling us phobes I do not have an aversion or fear for transgenders some are my friends ok. What you are doing does make some people become exactly what you make them out for.

>> No.9974124

>>9974119
Yeah they have and are still looking for some extra signups what I heard. Reika and Taeyon and some more on the site will be judging. Suddenly alot of people arw going to viencon I hear.

>> No.9974125

>>9974124
Quick! Someone mail them the suggestions named earlier! Oh..wait, why would they ever listen to 4chan?

>> No.9974131

Anyone using the word ‘it’ to describe a transgender person automatically qualifies as a transphobe.

The real reason why he’s good at sfx make up is because he actually does it, which is already 75% more than the average Dutch cosplayer does. The fact that he was born a girl has zero correlation and the fact that it’s being brought up only shows it’s an attempt to discredit him by the OP

>> No.9974139
File: 1.50 MB, 3024x2696, IMG_E8741.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Started my next project and ordered 3 sheets of foam for it. I hope to plan some things tomorrow and have some 3D printed stuff as well. I'm not as good as smoke-anon but hey... I'm learning still.

>>9974063
I'm flattered, but there are no Dutch cons that'd fly me over. Can't blame 'em when you can have decent local judges.

>> No.9974146

>>9974131
I was the OP. And I just dont know who it is. Dont make up stuff. And Its alright if you call me it. So now you can become an anonphobe. Do you even know what the word phobe means? That it may seem Ihave no respect means I dont know the guy so I say: It. Doesnt mean anything else. You can keep calling me phobe but its just gonna get tiresome. One more time: I dont fear transgenders and have no aversion. I could just as well have disrespected anyone else with it. Go ahead and call me it. I dont care. Oh well go ahead and call me transphobe as well. Odc anymore this is just stupid.

>> No.9974154

>>9974146
There you go, transphobes are multiplying. Oh dear I did call someone it before. Gosh I really am a transphobe too....

>> No.9974155 [DELETED] 

>>9974146

Go to bed ijsje

>> No.9974157

>>9974155
uhh wut? nighshift.

>> No.9974158

>>9974155
Agree go to bed. It's too late for this bullshitting

>> No.9974337

>>9974146
Just dont take their bait after this.Or transphobes vs insomniaphobes continues.

>> No.9974370

>>9974083
>>9974097
>>9974131

Can you please stop this drama-stirring for no reason? The thread was nice before this bs.

>> No.9974371

>>9974119
Going but still dont know what i can expect from it really

>> No.9974377

>>9974371
Chlorine, alcohol and no sleep?

>> No.9974379

Tinylock
If you need attention, just try making good cosplays instead of trying to revert back into a girl with your Negasonic cosplay and self-vendettaposting here.

>> No.9974393

>>9974119
>So anyone looking forward to Viencon?
Not really, although I somewhat regret not going as it means missing out on a weekend with the Gulls. Then again that has more to do with them being fun with rather than Viencon and what it offers.

>Do they have competitions?
They have a cosplay competition and yesterday they've announced a photography contest for best cosplay photograph taken at Viencon. Too bad you have to submit it on Instagram with their image size for ants, although I can understand them using it for free #promotion.

>> No.9974399

>>9974393
wait so the winner of that competition only gets to be told AFTER the event?

>> No.9974402

>>9974399
No idea, all they stated is that the deadline will be Saturday 23:59 but not when or where they'll announce the winners.

Also what's the point in having a website when you're not even going to update it with information posted on FB in fucking November 2017? Apparently there will be separate cosplay and figurine photography contests which you can only find out by digging through old Facebook posts. Come on underdogs, get your act together and centralize your information!

>> No.9974424
File: 55 KB, 626x459, no contest.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9974119
>>9974393
Ignore that, Viencon just cancelled half their stuff.

>> No.9974426

>>9974424
There’s very little left now, isn’t there...

>> No.9974428

>>9974424
So, they're aiming for an annual thing? Why...

>> No.9974430

>>9974426
>There’s very little left now, isn’t there...
Unfortunately so, but at least you can still have a fun weekend at Centre Parks with your friends regardless.

>>9974428
>So, they're aiming for an annual thing? Why...
I'd guess they still believe in their concept and think they can make it work in the future. In a way I get that as their concept is unique and interesting to say the least. Their biggest problem was doing too little too late resulting in them not gaining any real momentum until after Animecon, at which point they were already forced to downscale significantly. Let's just hope this time around they will actually look back and evaluate at what went wrong, improve upon this and open themselves up for feedback.

>> No.9974443

>>9974424
Hi there, we cancelled everything that was (slightly) interesting visiting for. Enjoy the pool after closing times :)

>> No.9974460

>>9974424
>>9974426
>>9974430

Well. Viencon just has become a cabin and a pool. If i really want a good weekend with friends i would pick something else then Centre Parks.

Or does Viencon has anything left to go for beside the pool ? I mean something good and not some unknown weeb giving a workshop/lecture to just make the con seem bigger and busy.

>> No.9974471
File: 352 KB, 1209x1206, mr vien i dont feel so good.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9974424
>>9974443
Filename

>> No.9974498

Hahaha, y'all paid a shit load of money to fly their friends in.

>> No.9974505

>>9974424
Does that mean guests are canceled too then?

>> No.9974510

>>9974505
Nope, just that their guests (read: friends) now no longer have any obligations while here. So basically what >>9974498 said.

>> No.9974530 [DELETED] 

>>9974424
>>9974498
>>9974510
haaa hahahhahahah what a shitshow

>> No.9974541 [DELETED] 
File: 11 KB, 425x396, tumblr_mah2b8kuXx1qfi1ns.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9974498
>>9974510
>>9974530
Lmao

>> No.9974542

>>9974498
No because noone signed up. for those events means noone cared to join yhem. They just didnt let enough people know. Their management sucks badly. Deshima and bbqis all I went for anyway.

>> No.9974543

>>9974443
Really compos arent that interesting. But yeah faol management.

>> No.9974544

>>9974510
Reika and Taeyon are there close friends?

>> No.9974552

>>9974544
their*

>> No.9974679

>>9974379
Personal vendetta much

>> No.9974680

>>9974679
No you dont understand, you arent allowed to cosplay if you arent a perfect human being without talent.

>> No.9974692

Wtf that Coca Cola design is so much low attempt rubbish that they are trying sooooo hard to overhype.

>> No.9974694

>>9974692
Liked the shield but that was about it

>> No.9974726

>>9974692
It's that they said it's for coca cola, or else I wouln't have guessed it.

>> No.9974740

>>9974692
I thought it was a WIP but apparently it's a finished product kek

>> No.9974960

>>9974692
>>9974694
>>9974726
>>9974740
Are we talking about that cola cap costume?

>> No.9974986

>>9974460
There is still enough to do there. There is a visitor review of the park it has some info on everything. But thats, alot of Center Parcs stuff. And they still have some workshops (if they dont cancel those), I have a feelung most people going to Viencon dont care for the event activities, I dont for one. So yes 3 compos got cancelled while 2 of them were cosplay related one was AMV. The guests will probably have a booth still. Most people dont come to cosplay compos. Thats only big at animecon and maybe DCC and every year less about Abunai. I never check the abunai ones anymore either. Its a shame that thinga gets cancelled still and probably to blame for a lack of compo info PR from Viencon. But like I said I dont see much people bitching about it. So I guess most of the visitors arent caring.

>> No.9975026

>>9974986
>There is still enough to do there
Is there really? It's pretty hard to tell what content is left considering Viencon never updated the events list on their site. But digging through their old Facebook posts I really don't feel like these hand full of Viencon exclusive events that are left justify calling this a convention anymore. They made huge promises of it being some awesome weeb summer festival but barely delivered anything so far in terms of content. To me Viencon is nothing but a poorly communicating middle man for a Center Parcs reservation and what little fun people will have is what they create themselves, not because of Viencon and all of their broken promises.

>> No.9975052
File: 1.73 MB, 2083x2083, meeuwmeet2019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just like previous years we'll be having a open Gull meet at Abunai. Feel free to join us if you're new to the group or are looking to socialise with some like-minded salty seagulls. The meet will take place on Saturday at 21:00 in the Abdijbar near the hotel reception. Just look for a table with a tulip plush and you'll know you're in the right place.

>> No.9975069
File: 436 KB, 497x834, nishidate.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nishicon announced their new date for 2019: May 25th and 26th. Not exactly the most fortunate date with Dokomi and Animecon being right after it. I wonder why they didn't went with Q1 2019 again and decided to downscale to just 2 days. Not enough visitors maybe?

>> No.9975297

>>9975026
I have to agree with you on rhis one. Im still gonna enjoy it. But the only tuing Viencon did is being the middle man. Its half a convention. Still has workshops etc but where do I even signup? Ill just enjiy the event with friends. They better step up their game next year. And I hope not close to Abunai.

>> No.9975303

>>9975297
thats their point tho, its close to abunai because they aim for the same audience and want to become the next 'anime party convention'

>> No.9975323

>>9975069
The date is awful, but I think moving from 3 days to 2 is probably a good idea on their part. Still won't go probably, Dokomi is just too good and you can never miss Animecon.

>> No.9975332
File: 7 KB, 182x176, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone know where I could get a bag like this?

>> No.9975350

>>9975332
since when are we CosplayNL (also aliexpress is your friend)

>> No.9975354

>>9975323
Yeah the date really isn't the best with it being so close to other conventions. Realistically speaking most expenses will be long up front, but mentally is still feels as if you're spending a larger sum of money in a short period of time. One glance at the shows booked at the Theaterhotel however explains why Nishi couldn't go with an earlier date. A shame really, I for one would really love to see a (permanent) Dutch winter anime convention. That way we would have Nishicon, TomoCon, Animecon and Abunai pretty evenly spread out throughout the year.

And I agree, downscaling would definitely do Nishicon good. The leap they took from a 1 day con to a 3 day con at the other side of the country was simply too big for them to pull off. Their visitor numbers have been dwindling and their programming felt a bit empty leaving visitors with many dull moments in between. Hopefully with one day less to focus on they can put more energy into filling up both days a big more and do some actual marketing to actually hype and lure people in.

>>9975332
I've similar bags at my thrift stores, perhaps you could try looking there if you're feeling lucky and need one asap. Otherwise I would indeed go for Ali Express. Just pick Ali Standard shipping and it should arrive from China within a week or two.

>>9975350
No no, if this was CosplayNL anon would be asking for the complete cosplay + accessories, a wig and shipping for €20.

>> No.9975556

>>9975303
No. They cant seem to find a better timeslot near summer and outside of center Parcs high season. There are more events at Center Parcs who already have spots.

>> No.9975602

>>9975323
IMHO dokomi has no atmosphere and is riddled with bootleg.
same with DCC, I don't really like big steel halls, i'd rather have something small and cosy like chibi hangout or that other small con I'm not allowed to mention here.

>> No.9975605

>>9975602
Is Dokomi worth the travel/visiting? Havent been there at all yet

>> No.9975609

>>9975602
>>9975605
I didn't really care for the dealer's hall because it's the same shit you can get online but no other con can beat the artist alley. If you care at all about artists/fanmerch then Dokomi is definitely worth at least a 1 day visit.

>> No.9975621

>>9975354
Pretty much the same with Animecon, their first conventions in Rotterdam and Veldhoven where always in February. Once In Almelo they switched to late May or early june for the same reason as Nishicon, the other shows in the theatre earlier that year. They also tried to plan right after the final school exams in the Netherlands. Parents are not likely to let their kids attent the convention during their exams.

>> No.9975671

I ordered a cap for my abunai cosplay last minute.
This morning at 9 am I got an email that it got shipped from denmark.
I really hope it will be here before friday evening.

>> No.9975729

Why is there still no winter anime-focused con?
Nishi could fill that gap.

>> No.9975733

>>9975729
Liked nishi because it was in the winter months,now everything is crammed into the summer months...

Mabye because alot of people have more summer than winter theme costumes?

>> No.9975774

>>9975733
Maybe people have many summer appropriate cosplays because all the cons are in summer

>> No.9975801

>>9975729
>>9975733
I’d imagine it’s just more difficult to pull off a multi-day convention during the winter than it is during the summer. For starters you won’t have the weather in your favour. Chilling outside or leaving the con for a bit won’t be much of an option unless one literally wants to get chilled. So whatever venue you go with needs to be able to fit everyone inside and provide them with all the facilities they need, while also keeping them entertained.

In terms of finances December is also an expensive month to most due to Christmas and to a lesser extend new years eve. During the months before many will face additional living and educational costs that eat away a large portion of their budget. After all, let’s not forget the majority of convention goers are and probably always will be students. And yes, one can always plan ahead but let’s be honest, who does that really?

Finally you have the simple matter of vacations. Summer break is 6 to 8 weeks and others often take a week or two off during this period. Winter in the meanwhile only has 2 weeks of Christmas break, with 1 always being lost due to family and social responsibilities. Of course you don’t have to host a convention during a vacation, but it definitely helps drawing more people in.

That and nobody has really tried to pull off a multi-day winter convention yet. Animecon and Abunai already have their hands full on 1 quality event a year, leaving only Nishi and Tomo as the ones who could pull this off. Well, that is unless we get a new player out on the convention scene. Gullcon when?

>> No.9975802

>>9975774
That & summer costumes are usually more populair too

>> No.9976074

>>9974692
I actually like the costume especially considering the whole things was made in less than 4 days by just one person. Plus I like the details.

>> No.9976088

>>9976074
What details?

>> No.9976090

>>9975605
Go one day for the massive artist alley and one day to hang around in Nord Park next to the venue. Most cosplayers are there and its really just a really big cosplay meeting included picknicks and actual party tents

>> No.9976092

>>9976074
Wait what? 4 days? Thats pretty impressive...

>> No.9976093

>>9976088
The shoulder plates, shield even the arm brace have a lot of details

>> No.9976161

I already spotted some hobo at Abunaicon.

>> No.9976284

Abunai mainstage really needs a better sound engineer

>> No.9976330

Can someone direct the hobo to the lokal shelter?

>> No.9976418
File: 1.73 MB, 2976x3968, wehadfunlastnigh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9976427

This guy telling me about the Abunaicon sex tape but I can only find it on shady websites, is it playable somewhere?

I know linking is probably not possible but I am curious if I can search it up

>> No.9976429

>>9976427

>>9976418
This is the abunai sex tape

>> No.9976431

>>9976418
Is this a screenshot from the Abunai 608 sextape?

>> No.9976432
File: 2.08 MB, 3456x4608, blessthisroom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9976514

>>9976432
You need jesus

>> No.9976516

Too late.......(WINKI FACE EMOJI)

>> No.9976734

>>9976418
>>9976432
...oh no.
at least it was 'safe'.

>> No.9976740
File: 1.63 MB, 3968x2976, IMG_20180825_001717.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9976779

>>9976740
Ah yes, the miracle of childbirth!

>> No.9976830
File: 1.68 MB, 3120x4160, IMG_20180825_162857.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Cursed room

>> No.9976837

Someone's on a roll....

>> No.9976846

>>9976740
Cute newborn shoot !!!!!

>> No.9976847

>>9976837
Silly anon, you're not supposed to sit on the maki rolls during the sushi workshop.

>> No.9976977
File: 2.19 MB, 4032x3024, 7729A2B2-2500-4A50-8376-0DF95B428EE8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9976979
File: 3.15 MB, 2834x3782, IMG_20180825_210551-01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Tully, noooooo!

>> No.9977030
File: 700 KB, 1728x2592, IMG_0796b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9977052
File: 464 KB, 540x960, Screenshot_2018-08-26-00-10-00.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9977073
File: 1.83 MB, 1440x2560, Screenshot_20180826-010643.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9977052
META AS FUCK (Abunaicon is lit!)

>> No.9977084

>>9977030
The fuck is this meme?

>> No.9977097

>>9977073
>META AS FUCK (Abunaicon is lit!)
Agreed

>>9977084
>The fuck is this meme?
Look up on youtube, voc, studio massa

>> No.9977350

>>9976427
It's on some shady Chinese porn site if you know how to google

>> No.9977405

I'm cleaning out my room and I have a 150x100cm piece of worbla + primer I will never use, if you can pick it up in Nijmegen its yours for 30 bucks.

I'll have to toss it by thursday so leave a reply if you're interested

>> No.9977419

So many Cells At Work cosplayers this year lol

>> No.9977421

>>9977419
No shit, it's quite the "hype" rn

>> No.9977521

So what did you guys think of Abunai? I heard a lot of people complain that there wasn't any fun to do.

>> No.9977551

>>9977521
It was alot less crowded than last year,probably because gamescon was thr same weekend & the weather was less warm than other years

>> No.9977555

>>9977521
The way the karaoke was setup was terrible, the way they had it last year was way nicer. But for the rest I had a lot of fun. Temperature was nice outside and the parties were also nice.

>> No.9977558

>>9977521
The food sucked man. Became more expensive and even fewer portions.

And what is up with the maid cafe food, frozen euroshopper donuts and some 30 ct ramen noodles for 10 euro

>> No.9977572

>>9977521
I chose for Gamescon this year. Early access passes are worth the extra.

>> No.9977589

>>9977558
I really wish there was some better food. I was craving just something like a sandwich or good sushi. I ended up ordering sushi but all the food is or very light or very fatty.

>> No.9977591
File: 68 KB, 1200x675, thinking-anime-girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9977588
>I can't think of any other thread to post in, so here it goes.
>My girlfriend started going to Elfia every year, and now she wants to go again but doesn't really know what she wants to wear, and doesn't like being asked for photographs every 5 minutes like last time when she spend months preparing her outfit, and got a lot of attention she didn't want.
>She's dressing up less and less expressive, but because I know she loves going I started to come along, and apart from it not really being my crowd or people (I'm pretty Dutch to say the least) I can't say I don't enjoy it and look at the crowd with curiosity.
>I don't see the appeal to anime, fantasy, and that whole thing, but because she loves it I want to be sure she gets to do what she likes.
>She dressed as a nymph, a deer, and an elf, and now she wants to dress more lolita but with a little bit of fantasy mixed into it.
>What should she wear next, or what inspiration should she draw from?
>She likes fantasy more than lolita btw.
>She also wants to go to castlefest but apart from me she doesn't have anyone else to meet there, I'm pretty social and straightforward so that shouldn't be a problem, but can you easily make friends and have fun there?
>A friend of mine goes there to pick up girls and says people get pretty drunk while listening to loud music which sounds more like a festival rather than something oriented towards cosplay and whatnot.

>> No.9977595

>>9977591
Post got all mangled up somehow, didn't mean to greentext the whole thing.

In any case I've been helping her pick cheaper stuff from Taobao, searching for stuff for the next Elfia/Castlefest, and even bought her a few items for her upcoming birthday.

>> No.9977601

>>9977591
Maybe she can look up lolita coords from big international events. Those tend to be themed and people mostly go over the top for them. So there's a lot of fantasy mixed in.
As for Castlefest, it has a bit more of a festival vibe than say Elfia, mostly because the music schedule is a lot bigger and people are less busy with "seeing and be seen" and more with having a good time.

Regardless best of luck, it's really nice you wanna help out and accompany your gf like that!

>> No.9977612
File: 134 KB, 673x1040, 33398ec1718b9b507a1af86aef94b9e4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9977521
its always matching up with gamescom i think, it was last year too

>>9977591
I guess she could try the noflutter designs (see attached).
Also it greentexts automatically when you put the ">" there

>> No.9977620

>>9977612
>its always matching up with gamescom i think, it was last year too
It was on a different date last year. Didn't overlap with Abunai.

>> No.9977624

>>9977558
This is why I like Neko Ni at ACon so much. They actually put effort in the food instead of bottom of the barrel wholesale snacks marked up 10fold with less than stellar service.

When in doubt, eat Karaage-bo, that shit is great! A stall on the square had them.
The rest of the catering is really overpriced and not that good tbf. Like ACon much better in that regard. And it will only get better next year since Rotterdam Zuid is food heaven if you like cheap ass foreign food.

Also, those Tayaki salesmen piss me off. Fucking hell, 5 euro for a small fish shaped waffle that costs so little to make? It's insane how they get away with marking them up every con as well...

>>9977521
It was fun, but not for the con(tent) itself. I had hella fun with the workshops, but my best moments were at the pool and outside of dejima (because they get worse almost every year). Love the venue, but I think they could still squeeze more fun out of it.
Heard the gameroom was complete shit this time round from friends. Could even be bothered to visit myself this time around.
Really annoying how they closed the major exits in the evening too.

>> No.9977628

>>9977612
This is exactly what she is looking for, any place to look for cheap swords elfia will allow?

>> No.9977629

>>9977558
The maid cafe couldn’t get anything better because of the strict rules of the hotel afaik.

>> No.9977634

>>9977624
At one point the only exit and entrance was the actual hotel check-in, was a long walk...

>> No.9977637

>>9977634
>At one point the only exit and entrance was the actual hotel check-in, was a long walk...
That was already a thing last year, and I remember it also being that retarded 2 years ago.

>> No.9977638

>>9977637
Sucks that the hotel is already a maze & then they close almost all entrances too

>> No.9977647

so does anyone know wtf happened late saturday evening? i saw a few policemen walking around with a little sister cosplayer, they were searching for a specific hotel room?

>> No.9977671

>>9977521
The program was lacking, but some events were really good. Had a blast at The Voice Of Hentai.

>>9977558
Absolutely agree on this one. The selection of food was really bad.

>> No.9977690 [DELETED] 

>>9977647
Hope they found that sick bastard that put up the disgusting condoms.

>> No.9977762

>>9977628
Elfia allows any kind of swords they don't really care if its foam or metal aslong as it is blunt. I don't really buy my cosplays so I can't really tell you where to look for that.

>> No.9977916

>>9977762
Alright, I guess I can use that to find swords, and if it's sharp I should be able to make it blunt myself.

>> No.9977978
File: 845 KB, 1936x1712, abunai_barf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I see Deshima was a great succes

>> No.9977980
File: 2.97 MB, 3120x4160, IMG_20180826_172207695.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The lore

>> No.9978020

>>9976418
>>9976432
>>9976740
>>9976830
>>9977978
>>9977980
Weirdos

>> No.9978021

>>9977647
The reason the police was there was because of noise disturbance, so nothing crazy going on.

>> No.9978036
File: 3.46 MB, 3120x4160, IMG_20180827_135446.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9978020
This!
You all need Jesus!
(Did anyone see the Jehovas at Abunai Sunday? All I have is this paper.)

>> No.9978042

>>9977978
what the hell is this

>> No.9978046

>>9978042
I think it's supposed to be vomit, but it looks like someone just dropped a packet of minced meat on the floor...

>> No.9978067

>>9978036
Jehovas are weird, I'm a Prot btw.

>> No.9978068

>>9977690
There was no cum in them, it was something else

>> No.9978081

I heard some crazy stuff happened at abunaicon? someone got assaulted and some other crazy things.

>> No.9978087

>>9978081
Yeah i heard some stuff about it too. Crazy shit

>> No.9978095 [DELETED] 

>>9978081
Assaulted? Didn't hear anything about that at all

>> No.9978097

Anyone looking forward to Viencon this weekend? What are your plans? Will Probablybe taking it easy with costumes

>> No.9978099

>>9978097
Just going to chill with friends at the swimming pool, since there's nothing left to do.

>> No.9978109

>>9978099
Same. Also going to make some japanese curry while we're at it.

>> No.9978110

>>9978036
Got a girl who suddenly grabbed my shoulder and said "Jezus loves you!" with a creepy stare. Did not expect that at a con.

>> No.9978111

>>9977638
felt like a magic labyrinth

>> No.9978114

>>9977638
I think that's actually kind of the charm of Koningshof. This year was my 6th time here, and I keep getting lost. Also, I discovered the basement for the first time. I must say, the Karaoke was in a really comfy room.

>> No.9978121

>>9977350
If you mean the vid on boboporn which was posted in an earlier archive, it's not on there anymore. Can't find anything but links to deleted vids with Google.

>> No.9978122

>>9978114
In all years I've been there I still havent found the karaoke

>> No.9978125
File: 213 KB, 658x904, Jehova predator.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9978036
Looks like spotted the Jehova's witness.
A bit overreacting maybe? It's just a Jehova.
They're more annoying than dangerous.

>> No.9978129

>>9978122
Thank god.

jk, but que is big enough not being able to sing that one song you requested.

>> No.9978130

>>9978125
Werent that those 2 guys who were playing loud music right next to/outside the garderobe room?

>> No.9978147

>>9978114
there's a basement???

>> No.9978179

>>9978125
They were less than a nuisance, they didn't approach everyone and would go away if you told them you weren't interested. Saying Christians prey on the weaker to spread their faith and whatnot shows a pretty strong anti-religious bias too..

It can also help to understand it from their perspective, since they believe we will all be killed in their perceived apocalupse unless we convert to the true message, and they want to safe us from it.
They came to my door once and we just tell them we're Protestant, which is the kindest way to ensure they don't show up again.

>> No.9978230
File: 2.53 MB, 3024x4032, Nutcgl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9977980

>> No.9978252

>>9977521
>So what did you guys think of Abunai? I heard a lot of people complain that there wasn't any fun to do.
It was fun! I had plenty of stuff to do, people to meet and events to attend. In the end I couldn’t even find the time to visit the game room which is somewhat rare to me. Then again, this time I went well prepared and used the app to mark down all events I was interested in. I guess that alone made a huge difference over the usual ‘I’m bored, let’s check the schedule’.

One thing I did not like however was the food court. I get why they use a coin system, but what I don’t get are the ridiculously high prices they charge. €3.75 for some fries, €5 for a single taiyaki, €8.75 for a pizza, are you kidding me?! It would also benefit of having some proper lunch items and healthy items aside from all the junk food. I believe the hotel restaurant was serving proper meals for €20, but unfortunately it was already fully booked by the time I got a room. Maybe I’ll have more luck next year, but until then I'll have to agree with the other anons as far the food goes.

>> No.9978276

>>9978252
Agree on the food, we ended up eating outside the con each day as it would be way cheaper for us

>> No.9978354

>>9978252
I wish they also had some sort of night food option,
You could only get drinks...

>> No.9978357

>>9977638
I have never really had any problems with finding places at Abunai!. But it's indeed really anoying having to walk all the way to to main entrance just because I had to put/get something in/out of my car.

>> No.9978399

>>9978252
There was this 3 coin Japanese curry that was actually worth it (rice, good veggie curry that wasn't greasy, topped with even more veggies), but for some reason it was only available on Friday.

>> No.9978418

>>9978125
How sensitive sheltered must one be, that a 2 Jehovah for a minute or two can ruin your weekend? And how sad is it to mentally prepare for 1 weekend for months?

>> No.9978447 [DELETED] 

>>9978399

Yeah I had the "japanese curry" on sunday, but it was actually your avarage dutch kerrie, and I hate dutch kerrie with a passion.

Is the hotel really that strict about the catering? last year I spoke a staff member who was all hyped about food ideas for this year. Can't imagine them being this hyped while knowing the hotel wouldn't budge.

Earlier this year Abunai also had a lottery where you could win a food tasting, and sample all the new foods that they would be having.
wonder if that actually happened.

>> No.9978610

>>9977521
The whole atmosphere was gone after they closed the hallways and the doors. I get why they do that, but losing the 'con-atmosphere' is killing for a convention. I felt as if I was at Tomoshit. I'm seriously thinking of skipping Abunai next year (this was my 10th Abunai) and going to Viencon instead.

>>9978036
>(Did anyone see the Jehovas at Abunai Sunday? All I have is this paper.)

Flyering at a festival where lots of scantily dressed minors attend, while they're in the middle of a children abuse scandal? Yeeaahh

>>9978447
>Earlier this year Abunai also had a lottery where you could win a food tasting, and sample all the new foods that they would be having.
>wonder if that actually happened.

Probably not. Otherwise people would've pointed out that the 'curry' was a mere 'kerrie'. The only thing edible at the food court were the 'Japadogs' and the Karaage outside.

It should be the other way around. Not lucky visitors tasting what the Koningshof cooks can come up with, but Koningshof cooks tasting what Abunai visitors who do know about Japanese cooking come up with. I mean, how hard is it to make a decent Japanese curry?
When Animecon was in Almelo, they had the cooks one some 'Japanese inspiration cooking clinic' each year or something. The food was great then, and last thing I heard was that the cooks looked forward to those clinics as they got a whole load of inspiration.

>> No.9978720
File: 161 KB, 1623x888, viencon .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Viencon's schedule is online. Thoughts about it?

>> No.9978723
File: 11 KB, 900x600, FNL_Flag.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Vient̶Cong̶ will be a cirklejerk of pedophiles and footfetishists. I'm not even going to try it.

>> No.9978729

>>9978720
>Uneven timeslots on each row that don't match across stages/locations; At least go with a Google Calendar approach if you want to go vertical, or copy Animecon's or Abunai's homework and do a horizontal one instead to keep things clear and simple.
>Missing right border on Sunday at Aqua Mundo; this triggers my autism.
>Image partially placed on top of text; why would you do this?
Now let's see if we can make history repeat itself...

>> No.9978864

>>9978447
Was it the same as the one on Friday? I wanted to get it again, but I couldn't find it on the menu anymore.

As for the kerrie versus curry thing, it's not like there's just one type of curry in Japan (and I have plenty of Golden Curry at home anyway), so as long as it tastes good and there are plenty of vegetables in there, I'm happy.

>> No.9978912

>>9978729
Atleast they have based Asgard Sings. That guy is great.

>> No.9978920
File: 16 KB, 625x431, dressuptown.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What happened?

>> No.9978932

>>9978720
>Viencon's schedule is online. Thoughts about it?
It's pretty damned empty and absolutely NOT what they promised it would be. Just remove the pointless filler like the story telling sessions, Rila walk and ask yourself what's really left. Cosplayers won't have anything to do, photographers get a total 4 events and one of them is a discussion everyone already knows the answer to. Aside from that all there's left are the things Center Parks offers, karaoke, Deshima Sounds, a concert and watching some maids dance on stage. At least you'll still have your friends to create your own fun with, not that makes up for all the broken promises.

>> No.9978939

>>9978920
Take a guess?

>> No.9978969

>>9978939
Logistic issues... So, not enough time for set-up and sound check, leading to Dress Up Town noping out of there?

>> No.9978985

With molesters and filled up condoms at doors and shit, I'm wondering: is this partially a result of their attitude? With their whole condom giveaway thing, and actively promoting it as Abunaai, I'm starting to suspect that they are not incidents, and more a result of the direction they actually take.

>> No.9978986

>>9978985
ohmygod the condom was a joke between people who know each other, it was filled with alcohol. stop making a fuss about it.

>> No.9978987 [DELETED] 

>>9978986
Stop pretending you know anything about it. iksdee

>> No.9978988 [DELETED] 

>>9978987

This, not to mention, there was more than one condom

>> No.9978994

>>9978986
Ughh, yes, I know that, and not making a fuss about it. However, it happens at Abunai, not some other convention. Unintentionally, and without blaming them, I think they kinda lowered the bar for things to happen?
Not to mention there has happened more than just some molesting.

I really hope they will try to lose the lax attitude about the Abunaai thing.

>> No.9978995

Abunai was a lot of fun.

It cracked me up when the staff told us that they found out about the condom through 4chan.

>> No.9978996

>>9978988
Atleast they did it safe.

>> No.9978999

>>9978985
>>9978994
You clearly haven’t thought things through Anon. Abunai may have embraced the by now ancient Abunaai meme as a "geuzennaam", but that doesn’t mean they condone molesting (also, source?) or are actively persuading visitors to pull stunts such as hanging condoms on hotel door knobs. By your logic every convention also wants to get everyone piss drunk just because they serve alcohol.

Also >>9978986 is correct, the condoms were just a prank between gulls. The first one was filled with pina colada and a few other gulls decided to hang their own after that. It's just part of the harmless bullying we do to each other at pretty much every convention.

>> No.9979000

>>9978999
Comprehension is not your strong suit, is it?

Not talking that they condone it, my second post made that much clear, for those who can understand words.

However, by adopting the name, adding the condoms in their gifts, actively shouting it themselves, I can't help but wonder if they attract the behaviour that comes with it.

>> No.9979003

Weren't there also some cosplayers selling sex?

>> No.9979006

>>9978994
they call themselves cheekiest convention of The Netherlands now?

>> No.9979007

>>9979000
we have this behavior even when its not served to us on a silver platter.

>> No.9979017

>>9978036

This is NOT a Jehova's Witness flyer. Have you ever seen one? There's always some Jesusguy-artwork and an url to their website.

This is probably some even smaller circle of religious people.

>> No.9979022

>>9979000
>Immediately having to revert to acting superior in a regular discussion
No bar has been lowered nor is a silly meme attracting this behaviour. At most them selling condoms made it easier for people to get their hands on one, which in my opinion is a good thing.

Weird shit happens at every convention. Pranks between people, noise complaints from room parties, blackout drunks requiring assistance, drug abuse and even people getting it on in the toilets are all quite common at conventions that take place in a hotel. Perhaps you simply never noticed this or fell for the confirmation bias, which is fine by the way. Just ask around for some of the stuff that happened at Animecon and even Nishicon and you might find yourself surprised.

>> No.9979026

>>9979017
I see a lot of similiar flyers at train stations.
I always assume they're from Jehova's since they are usually the most notable ones when it comes to trying to convert others to their religion.
Could also have been mormons. although small, they're group is also infamous for annoying people at the door on sundays.

>> No.9979040

>>9979026
there's many types of religious people who wanna grab and herd you but that doesnt mean that its necessiarly jehovas lolol
once a woman in almere was like hey u wanna join our religious group of jesus lovers (not a direct quote)
dont even remember the name of their group but it included jesus and some other fancy words.

>> No.9979042

>>9979022
> You clearly haven’t thought things through Anon
> Accuses me acting superior
Weird shit happens, true. Rape and prostitution is not generally counted among them. Point is, and I understand that you try to downplay it all, but fact is that I have heard and seen a lot issues this year at Abunai than ever before at this or any other convention. I'm no prude, but the line was crossed a lot more often and a lot further than at one convention should.
And, again, I am not blaming Abunai, but I do think they could do more about it, and it starts with not embracing it.

>> No.9979044

>>9978969
The cancelation must have been very last-minute then since their instruments where still backstage on sunday and the whole saturday you could see butlers and handing out candy to promote their concert.

>> No.9979098
File: 18 KB, 438x276, never_change_dutchies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9979022
>blackout drunks requiring assistance, drug abuse and even people getting it on in the toilets are all quite common at conventions

Never change dutchies.

>> No.9979112

>>9979003
I doubt it. The kind of guys who have the disposable amount of cash in their pocket usually want to spend it on 2D chicks, not 3D pigs.
Sure, take every gathering of young folks and scarcily clad girls and loads of cash and some of those girls believe they could help themselves to some of that cash in an unconventional, un-convention-like, yet legal manner. But looking around at the average anime convention, it's hard to see potential customers in the bunch.

You see, a great number of guys are into guys. A greater number of guys are not into girls (of the 3D variety) at all. And there's also a higher amount of guys who're some form of asexual. Leaves out a very small amount of guys who would actually bang a girl and are in the posession of a certain amount of cash. And of those, those who have some experience in combining the 'forking out cash' and 'banging a 3D girl' can probably be counted on the fingers of three to four hands (two, if you expect the majority of these have decided to spend their wads of cash in the Abdijbar). All in all, not exactly the most profitable commercial enterprise at an anime convention.

>> No.9979158

>>9979112
I really hate to break it to you, but even in our scene, most men are heterosexual.
And I too have heard about the cosplay hookers from multiple people.

>> No.9979168

>>9979158
Seems like i missed out on alot of stuff,havent heard anything about things like that al all.

Only thing i heard when people in nh turned on the airco in their rooms it smelled like weed

>> No.9979397

>>9979158
This, I'm bisexual and most men show little to no interest, even the crossplayers, while pretty acceptive of homosexuals, tend not to be interested.

I did notice that a lot of people going to cons are kind of implying they'll have sex after wearing whatever they wear with their SO, or at least that's what I saw so I wouldn't find it odd if there would be people selling sex.

>> No.9979399
File: 1.20 MB, 1080x1920, Screenshot_2018-08-29-09-59-45-399_cn.onebound.cssbuy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Would I be able to take this to cons? Is there any way to ensure that this isn't deemed a threat in any shape or form?

>> No.9979408

>>9979399
yeah that’s clearly not real at all, the barrel is literally a crutch so... I think you’re safe lol

>> No.9979417

>>9979399
Just check the prop rules for the convention you're planning to bring it to. Every con has different rules and when in doubt just contact them about it.

>> No.9979433

>>9979399
Probably not. Did her cosplay as well along with the gun and they wouldn't let me.

>> No.9979487

>>9979399
Bring the girl, with or without the gun.

Okay, a bit more serious: Just mail/message the convention, they will give you a better answer than any Anon.

>> No.9979508

>>9979399
>>9979417
>>9979487
Just to add to this, it never hurts to print their response when it comes to fake weapons. The people working the prop check will have no idea who you are, let alone that you have already received the green light beforehand. If they decide to refuse your prop you can at least show them the con already approved your prop and prevent them ruining your day.

>> No.9979632

>>9979158
>most men are heterosexual
And yet the one time I was able to chat with a cute guy at a convention he was homosexual. *sigh*

>> No.9979634

>>9979632
Nah, I only said I was gay to turn you down. You were so enthusiastic and happy I just couldn't get it over my heart to ruin your mood.

>> No.9979644

People being childish about abunai being lax while they increased security. Everyone is just got older, jokes like these are bound to happen. Sexual assault has happened before as wel better we keep our eyes open. Its nothing new. People screaming abunai is becoming bad is an old story as well. Grow up. These events are changing to more publicity and attract bad people at the same time.

>> No.9979648

Liyu assaulted a chick AGAIN, I suggest everyone to stop defeding him and his actions by now kek

>> No.9979658

>>9978720
Noone cares much about the events. Except well I care about the pool in the evening. Oh wait anti Viencon people care about the events being cancelled. But thats just to kick them down ofc, they werent going anyway so why complain.... Yeah its pretty sad Viencon couldnt get the compos up. Not enough signups.

>> No.9979660

>>9979658
Oh pool event isnt cancelled btw. I just meant I liked that event. A full day would have been better though.

>> No.9979662

>>9979658
Well, aren't you one for drawing conclusions? I'm glad you're not a part of Viencon, ignoring all feedback and what your visitors say is the best way to turn a convention into a huge flop.

>> No.9979669

While viencon's location is prefect, I heard rumors that the organisation asked some sort of maidcafe to be there and that the people of that maidcafe had to pay for a place to stay at themselves! I feel like viencon did little to no real effort to make sure there will be enough things to do at the con itself and just focussed on the luck of their good location...

>> No.9979681

>>9979669
This is actually true. They were supposed to have this cafe but all the staff had to pay for themselves so in the end they cancelled. Serves them.

>> No.9979683

>>9979669
Heard there was no maidcafe,but just maids dancing on stage or something?

>> No.9979726

>>9979662
Boy, you are fishing for acknowledgement from viencon seems more like it. Wait unitl the event has passed. Then go post those responses and remarks its too late now. Just be patient until after the event and post the shit out of them. good luck.

>> No.9979786

>>9979726
Their schedule looks like shit and half of their more significant events are cancelled. Pretty sure people would want to see if it's worth their money before they actually spend it.

>> No.9979809

>>9979022
>even people getting it on in the toilets
That sounds interesting. Seeing as the toilets were gender separated, I could totally picture some hot same-sex-sex going on. Or some odd crossplay fantasy.

>>9979158
Yeah sure. But don't underestimate the amount of virgins and those who don't like sex at all at an anime convention.

And even those who are heterosexual and have some sexual experience often experience some sort of psychological barrier to fork out money for a bang.

Imagine you, and a random cosplay chick (just imagine an average one at Abunai) walks up to you and offers you sex for money. Let's talk some average prices, let's say 30 euros for a suck and tug, and 50 euros for one of those tinyass hotelrooms standing in a line with several other smelly blokes waiting for your turn. Would you reach for your wallet or would you politely decline and go about your way, and ruthlessly masturbate in the privacy of your hotelroom?

>> No.9979813 [DELETED] 
File: 220 KB, 714x594, vrijgezel.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tfw no qt goldsmith jf (male)
please add me on discord Shadow#3658

>> No.9979816

>>9979813
my nama

>> No.9979845
File: 167 KB, 1000x1000, thread.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm too deep in a post-con depression to come up with something witty. New thread >>9979844

>> No.9980637

>>9979648
I just hope cons take the report of the victim serious this time.

>> No.9983459

>>9979786
Noone who was there seemed to care. They enjoyed the Center Parcs. Maybe they should just drop most of their events and place the event on another timeslot. Lot of dealers were already at ACC. And someone in Viencon staff got kicked because he messed up the dealers and compos. The convention venue was great pool was awesome Deshima was nice last 2 hours. People were still swimming when Deshima started. They want to change those times not to overlap of they get a second viencon.

>> No.9984472

>>9979632
Are you sure he just wasn't into you at all?

>> No.9987765

Viencon 2 is comming next year. Sponsered by Tomo.

>> No.9987832

>>9987765
Viencon and Animecon dont have ties with tomo. But they as Red dot and their game room would probably beg to be a dealer at Viencon now

>> No.9987908

>>9974139
love the idea! Robattle!

>> No.9987943
File: 305 KB, 1080x1093, tomo-uhoh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

so guys, what do you think tomo guy is up to? :^)

>> No.9988485
File: 200 KB, 264x347, Screenshot_2018-09-09-14-07-31-1-1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

pig

>> No.9994410

Honestly, I saw this cute kantai collection cosplayer on friday at abunai and I wished she was a cosplay hooker.
but I don’t see many good female cosplayers so I doubt the cosplay hooker shit is an actual thing